Index of useful links

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Here are some links that I find useful for the Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures game. Thanks ffgjosh for pinning this thread!

For newer players, the categories are generally listed in order of importance for getting a good understanding of the game. If you have suggestions on other sections or topics to add, list them here and I'll likely add them!

General

Second Edition FFG Files

Second Edition Squad Builders

Second Edition General References

Second Edition Card References

First Edition Game Rules

FFG Missions

• www.xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Missions

Alternate Formats

Glossary of Terms

Tutorials

Strategy Guides: Movement

Movement Visualizations

Strategy Guides: Beginner & Squad Building

Strategy Guides: General

Web Based Squad Builders

Solo Play

App Based Squad Builders

Offline Squad builders

Maneuver Reference Cards

Podcasts

https://www.xwingpodcasts.com/

Podcasts: inactive

Game Aids

3rd Party Acrylics

Tournament Software and Tools

Websites

Live Streams

Video Channels

Tournament Results
X-wing List Juggler by sozin Direct feature requests and bug reports here .
X-wing Squad Ranker by stmack

Vassal (online X-wing module, unofficial, not FFG supported)

Critical Hit Quick Lookup

Community

Customization / DIY

Repaints and Scratch Builds

Custom Shapeways

MathWing - Probability Calculators

MathWing - Theory

Custom Scenarios

House Rules / Variants

Blogs

Miscellaneous

Edited by MajorJuggler

Brilliant set. I hadnt seen the first manuevers one before. Very useful!

First thing is that these forums really really need a better search engine. :/. Good list!

In a month I won't be able to even find this thread

First thing is that these forums really really need a better search engine. :/. Good list!

In a month I won't be able to even find this thread

1. Click "Most Viewed"
  2. Click on "2014 Regionals Results"
  3. Click on the link in my signature

Thanks for posting this!

Very usefull

great move MJ

Bump, and if anyone has any suggestions on other useful links, list them below!

Maybe a link to the repaint thread.. could be nice to have... it sometimes slips to page 3 or so.

Maybe a link to the repaint thread.. could be nice to have... it sometimes slips to page 3 or so.

Got a link to it?

Edit: never mind, found it.

Edited by MajorJuggler

Someone please sticky this!

There are many many more links that could be added, especially in the Strategy section. I will see about digging up some more later tonight. Pinwheel formation, etc.

Interested in an organized list of Mission Control scenarios? I'm working on putting one together, along with a guide to writing missions.

Interested in an organized list of Mission Control scenarios? I'm working on putting one together, along with a guide to writing missions.

That would be great! When you are done I can link to your thread / post here. Just post here with a link so I catch it.

Does one of the links have all the upgrade cards and what is included with each ship? I couldn't find and know that someone has this resource somewhere.

Monday bump, I'll update the Podcast section tonight with some new (to me) examples in this thread .

Great list.

I cannot like this post enough.

This is a great list. I despise going through the Forum search engine.

This is a great list. I despise going through the Forum search engine.

Thanks! It just made the "Popular" tag! :) I'm sure we will continue to add more links to this thread too.

Here are some links I've saved that others may find useful:

afewmaneuvers.com has a Card List By Expansion thread, including images.

Hobby Before I Die! collects tons of repaints & conversions. [EDIT] Here's the Ultimate Hobby Showcase .

David Pontier ( Piqsid ) on boardgamegeek has put together some great maneuvering lessons. I've only got Maneuvers 101 and Maneuvers 302 bookmarked--I haven't found a thread with an index, but I'd bet there is one somewhere.
Couple vs. Cardboard has some informative and entertaining vids.

bulldoguk's space station is just way freaking cool.

Great thread, Juggler -- thanks!

Edited by jme

Updated with all of the links suggested today, keep them coming! :)

Okay, still haven't found an index for Piqsid's maneuvering article on bgg, but I did find a pdf containing them all HERE , and the link to it and a Word version HERE . 45 pages, and very useful info.

(These links should probably replace Maneuvers 101 & 302 in your initial post, sir.)

Okay, still haven't found an index for Piqsid's maneuvering article on bgg, but I did find a pdf containing them all HERE , and the link to it and a Word version HERE . 45 pages, and very useful info.

(These links should probably replace Maneuvers 101 & 302 in your initial post, sir.)

Thanks, updated!

And here are a couple more links, probably under "Custom Scenarios & House Rules":

NOVA Squadron's league -- some very cool ideas in here along with slight variations on deployment & overall objective.

And please let's not forget DagobahDave's Unofficial X-wing Galactic Campaign .