Some Photos of stuff, you know Slave-1 & Interceptors.

By Rodent Mastermind, in X-Wing

Had a nice game of X-Wing today. As I had everything out I thought I would take some photos, they didn't come out at all bad seeing as I wasn't using any kind of rig.

The templates I had made up for me are brilliant, they are so vibrant when put on a Dark table and really easy to read from a distance. Need to get round to removing the blooming from the second Rebel set of templates.

Game1.jpg

Game2.jpg

Slave-1 is a repaint. Spent a lot of time searching around for images, and though no two entirely matched, and the models paneling is not identical to the version in Empire I think it gives the right impression on the starfield.

Slave-1.jpg

Slave-1a.jpg

Slave-1b.jpg

The Interceptor on the left is a converted and repainted Emperor's Guard varient, the extra wings are a mixture of plasticard and greenstuff. The one on the right is a veteran of the 181st.

Interceptors-1.jpg

Interceptors-2.jpg

Interceptors-3.jpg

Interceptors-4.jpg

Interceptors-5.jpg

Still working on the first 3 Tie/Ln. But they are looking good so far. Trying to decide what to do for the last 2, I'm wanting to have some kind of Veteran markings, but other than the 181st Interceptors there are practically no canon varient marking out there. I'm wondering about painting a large Imperial symbol on both of the solar panels for one of them. I possibly could go with a red stripe running up the cockpit of the other.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

Very nice paint jobs. I'm really diggin that EG Interceptor!

Very vicked looking EG. And very jealus :) What's the deal with the green rulers? What did you do to them?

Very vicked looking EG. And very jealus :) What's the deal with the green rulers? What did you do to them?

Designed them myself then got a friend to lazer cut them for me.

Designed them myself then got a friend to lazer cut them for me.

Okay. Looks nice

http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/product-category/gaming/x-wing/

Thanks. Great site :)

SO... which version should I do?

X-Wing%20-%20Corran%20Horn.jpg

3656.jpg

corsec_x_wing_corran_horn_by_lorcan13-d5

I'm thinking the Fate of the Galaxy Version, the Green Nose Cone and Black Stripe combo will make it stand out... but I also like the last version with the black tip and stripe down the center, the only issue is the symbol is tiny.

Hey! That middle one was built by my friend Scott Girven! :D

Hey! That middle one was built by my friend Scott Girven! :D

It's a lovely job. The weathering is awesome. Whatever happens I'm definitely going to go with it looking old and beaten.

TBH I think I'm going to go insane painting Ties so I'll need something interesting in between like a custom X-Wing to keep me sane.

So what are the templates and where can I get them? What about the awesome looking tokens.

Edited by Wookie Hunter

I did mine up like the one in the last picture. It makes for more colours you can put green, grey and black accents on white.

I did mine up like the one in the last picture. It makes for more colours you can put green, grey and black accents on white.

Yeah if I did that I might tweak it a bit, I do want the larger symbols on the side strip the other two have.

1st Tie/Ln finished, another 2 on the production line, just a bit of Weathering and the panel lines for the Wings to finish, so hopefully either tonight or tomorrow.

Will try to get some photos up tomorrow.

You are killing these paint jobs my fine Ratmaner...

Go, go, go!

^_^

SO... which version should I do?

X-Wing%20-%20Corran%20Horn.jpg

3656.jpg

corsec_x_wing_corran_horn_by_lorcan13-d5

I'm thinking the Fate of the Galaxy Version, the Green Nose Cone and Black Stripe combo will make it stand out... but I also like the last version with the black tip and stripe down the center, the only issue is the symbol is tiny.

The first and third versions are the best IMO.

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

Still only got one Tie/Ln finished, though the others are **** close.

Therefore I thought I would make a composite image of it to make it feel like I had more.

Tie-Ln.jpg

Therefore I thought I would make a composite image of it to make it feel like I had more.

Tie-Ln.jpg

Okay now put a nice engion glow on it...

:P

Tie-Ln.jpg

Okay now put a nice engion glow on it...

:P

Except Ties, as far as I can tell, don't have Engine Glow.. I did wonder so I looked it up as I was painting... I should however put on the lights.

tie-f3.jpg

star-wars-space-battle-death-star-super-

Looks cool...who cares about "What Is Official" anyhow...Do IT!

^_^

I am...It would be stupid easy to make it look great too, just dry brush the thing with a tad of Talcum Powder in the paint and then give it a glaze of Evil Green-Blue.

Very fun I think.

:D

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

^_^

I am...It would be stupid easy to make it look great too, just dry brush the thing with a tad of Talcum Powder in the paint and then give it a glaze of Evil Green-Blue.

Very fun I think.

My YT-1300 and X-Wings will have it. But Tie-Fighters really shouldn't. Don't look right to me with Engine Glow...

^_^

Very fun I think.

My YT-1300 and X-Wings will have it. But Tie-Fighters really shouldn't. Don't look right to me with Engine Glow...

Okay you may be right...but EVERYBODY else will get that glow...Ha,Ha!

:)

In my fleets, and I may do the glow on Interceptors, to make them stand out, I have not decided yet.

The glow actually looks great

even if its not in the film

even if its not in the film

Agreed.

It kinda goes against the name of the ship though. TWIN Ion Engine.