Aurora Squad Builder: News and Updates

By VanderLegion, in X-Wing

Website Landing Page

iTunes link

Google Play link

Tip jar

Project Repo

02/20/2018: Version 1.3.3 released for iOS

01/11/2018: Version 1.3.2 is available for iOS.

12/06/2017: Open Sourced! https://github.com/timrisi/AuroraSquadBuilder/

12/05/2017: Just pushed an OTA update with all of the cards from waves 12 and 13 and adding the expansions to the collections page.

11/13/2017: OTA update is available for the Sheathipede spoilers and the Jm5K nerf

10/27/2017: Version 1.3.1 is available for both iOS and Android!

09/06/2017: Version 1.3.0 is out on the iOS app store! Wave 11 dials added to the app, and it now uses actual symbols where appropriate.

08/29/2017: Now available on the Amazon App Store

08/15/2017 : OTA update is live for the Vaksai spoiler article

06/06/2017: Version 1.2.11 released. Vaksai title is now fully supported (point reduction works and you can equip autothrusters if you have engine) and custom upgrade cards can be created again without crashing.

05/30/2017: OTA Update is available for the Vaksai and StarViper Mk.II titles and Viktor. Note that at the moment the Vaksai title won't actually reduce the cost of upgrades so you'll have to figure it out yourself. I'll have to do a full upgrade through the app store to get that part added (also, it will let you equip multiple of the same modification currently. Also needs an app store update to fix).

05/04/2017: Version 1.2.9 is now available on iOS and android

04/17/2017: Version 1.2.8 is now available on iOS. The app should work on 32-bit devices again

04/11/2017: Version 1.2.7 released with multiple bug fixes

04/05/2017: Version 1.2.6 released

03/15/2017: New OTA update with the spoiled cards from Independent Operations.

03/10/2017: OTA update is available to add spoilers from the scyk article (with caveats)

02/28/2017: Version 1.2.5 released

02/07/2017: OTA update is available to add rest of wave 10 and include them in the Collections page

12/19/2016: OTA update is available to add final u-wing/striker spoilers, add them to expansions for collection and remove preview tags

12/06/2016: OTA update is available for the U-wing and TIE Striker spoiler articles

11/22/2016: OTA update for the quadjumper spoiler article. Remove preview tags from HotR cards.

10/24/2016: OTA update available for Sabine 's TIE, Upsilon shuttle and FAQ updates

09/11/2016: Version 1.2.3 released. Add card browser. Can change pilots and reorder lists

08/05/2016: Version 1.2.1 released. Add maneuver info for Arc-170, Shadowcaster and Protectorate

08/04/2016: Version 1.2.0 released. Maneuver info and more!

07/25/2016 : OTA update available for the TIE/sf and Protectorate Starfighter spoiler articles

07/15/2016: Version 1.1.5 released!

05/04/2016 : OTA update available for the Heroes of the Resistance spoiler article.

05/03/2016 : Version 1.1.3 released for iOS and Android. Fix OTA Updates, fix cancelling dropbox login, add imp vets spoilers

04/04/2016 : Version 1.1.2 released for iOS and Android. Dropbox sync, win/loss/draw statistics, xws import/export

03/22/2016 : OTA update available to add wave 8 to collections and remove preview tags
02/10/2016 : OTA update available for the Punishing One spoiler article.
01/20/2016 : Version 1.1.1 release for iOS. Fix crash on launch bug affecting a small number of users.

01/15/2016 : Version 1.1.0 release for iOS and official release of Android app. Adds collections and faction tabs, plus other minor changes and bug fixes

01/12/2016 : OTA update available for the Mist Hunter spoiler article.

01/01/2016 : OTA update available for the TIE Advanced Prototype spoiler article and remaining Gozanti cards.

12/14/2015 : OTA update available for the Imperial Veterans pack

A few caveats:

• I didn't add the generic pilots or Maarek stele yet where we can't see the squad point costs.
  • Long-Range Scanners will require a full update through the app store to limit it to only ships that have torpedo and missile slot, so for now it's equippable on anything.
  • TIE Shuttle and TIE/x7 will require a full update through the app store to be able to remove the appropriate slots from your upgrade bar (wasn't set up to do that before), so for now I just added them without removing the slots, so keep it in mind when building squads.

I'm working on the ability to input your collection, so when i get that finished and ready to submit to the app store I'll include the other fixes at the same time.

If you have automatic updates enabled it should show up automatically. If they arent showing up or you have updates disabled, you can check for update manually from the settings page.

Edited by VanderLegion

Updating to reflect the OTA update from a few days ago adding the TAP previews and missing gozanti cards.

The latest app store update to the iOS version is in beta now, and hopefully bill be released by the end of the month (want to give it probably 1 more week in beta, then submit it assuming there's no issues that crop up, then about a week to get approved). If everything goes well it'll hopefully be live in ~2 weeks, but that could get extended out if any bugs are found that need to be fixed. I'm still looking for more beta testers if anyone is interested. This update adds in the ability to enter your collection and track what you own. By default it will grey out anything you don't own when building lists, there's also an option in the settings to hide things you don't own completely. It also adds tabs to the Squadrons list so you can view just 1 faction at a time instead of everything mixed together. Still no other sorting yet, but that might make it for the next update, we'll see. Fixes a few other issues as well.
If you want to help beta test the iOS app, shoot me a PM that you're interested and tell me an email address to use for it (I do beta testing through testflight).

In other news, the Android version of the app is just about ready to release. It includes all the stuff from the new iOS update above. I'm in need of some more beta testers (only have a couple right now) to help ensure there's no major bugs remaining that need to be fixed before I release it into the wild. Anyone who wants to help test it can check it out here .

Edited by VanderLegion

Really enjoy the app. It's taken over as my go-to squad builder.

OTA update now available for the Mist Hunter spoilers

iTunes link

01/01/2016 : OTA update available for the TIE Advanced Prototype spoiler article and remaining Gozanti cards.

A few caveats:

• I didn't add the generic pilots or Maarek stele yet where we can't see the squad point costs.
  • Long-Range Scanners will require a full update through the app store to limit it to only ships that have torpedo and missile slot, so for now it's equippable on anything.
  • TIE Shuttle and TIE/x7 will require a full update through the app store to be able to remove the appropriate slots from your upgrade bar (wasn't set up to do that before), so for now I just added them without removing the slots, so keep it in mind when building squads.

I'm working on the ability to input your collection, so when i get that finished and ready to submit to the app store I'll include the other fixes at the same time.

If you have automatic updates enabled it should show up automatically. If they arent showing up or you have updates disabled, you can check for update manually from the settings page.

iTunes link

A few caveats:

This is great, thanks!

Please don't read this as a complaint, but more of a question.

The only IOS device i have (an older Ipad) was 'phased out' of the IOS 7+ update. Of course, this has locked me out of almost ALL apps made in the last year, including this one that I would have really liked to utilize.

Was going IOS 8+ a choice you made, or something mandated by Apple?

As I said, no complaints to you for making something to help the community. I'm just sad I won't be able to.

iOS Version 1.10 update released and Android Version is now live on google play!

Google Play [1]

iOS App Store [2]

Collections are here! You can now input your collection and see which ships/pilots/upgrades are still available when building lists. By default, anything unavailable will be greyed out but still usable.

There's a new option in the settings to completely hide unavailable ships/cards instead.

The Squadrons View is now tabbed so you can view specific factions instead of all lists.

The T70 X-Wing can now equip Integrated Astromech.

After equipping Ordnance Tubes on an epic ship, when you select a hardpoint upgrade slot, it will now ask you whether you want to equip a hardpoint, missile or torpedo.

TIE Shuttle and TIE/x7 upgrades now correctly remove the appropriate upgrade slots.

When building lists, the squadron's point value now is displayed at the top of the screen on all views when picking pilots/upgrades.

Ship type is now included along with the pilot name when exporting a list to the clipboard.

Huge ships now only show valid modifications instead of all of them.

The Gozanti, T70 and TIE/FO no longer display as previews

Fixed scrolling to be less finicky when viewing a pilot and trying to get to upgrade slots further down the list.

Huge ship fixes

• Only 1 modification per huge ship anymore. I kept the modification slot on the same half of the cr90 and raider as the title, so the CR90 fore and raider aft have the modification slots. The others were removed.
  • Ordnance tubes now affects both halves of the ship for the cr90 and raider

Fix Homing Missile typo

Construction droid should not be imperial only

Disabling Custom hides the custom-related menu buttons

Editing a squadron should show the correct faction

Generic pilots should no longer be displayed as Unique when viewing the pilot to edit upgrades

Please don't read this as a complaint, but more of a question.

The only IOS device i have (an older Ipad) was 'phased out' of the IOS 7+ update. Of course, this has locked me out of almost ALL apps made in the last year, including this one that I would have really liked to utilize.

Was going IOS 8+ a choice you made, or something mandated by Apple?

As I said, no complaints to you for making something to help the community. I'm just sad I won't be able to.

When I created the project originally it apparently defaulted to iOS 8+. During the beta for the new update, someone asked me about iOS 7 and I bumped it down to min iOS version being 7.0 instead of 8.0. I don't have an iOS 7 device to actually test if it worked myself, but I left that change as part of the released update, so give it a shot and see if it works for you now. If not, let me know and I can look into it some more.

Great job on this app. I love the new updates, especially being able to sort my squads by faction.

Installed a copy. I've been hoping for an offline builder on my iPad.

Note... Needa and Ozzel are reversed.

Installed a copy. I've been hoping for an offline builder on my iPad.

Note... Needa and Ozzel are reversed.

Thanks, that's the first time anyone's mentioned it. I'll get it fixed.

Version 1.1.1 released for iOS. A small percentage of people were having issues with the app crashing on launch after updating to v1.1.0 from earlier versions. This should fix that to get it working again.

What the hell?

Today, January 21 is the first day this thread has shown up when I view the forum. I check the forum everyday fir new threads that may be of interest and this one has not displayed on my devices for 4 weeks!

Android. Yes. Risi, I could kiss you.

Any chance you are going to add support for iOS 6 devices?

Any chance you are going to add support for iOS 6 devices?

I'm...not actually sure. I'll hafta look into it and see if I'm using anything that requires a higher version.

OTA update now available for the Punishing One spoilers

Hey Vander, I'm really enjoying the app. I haven't used any online builder since finding yours which says a lot.

I did find a few more typos. Would you like me to start compiling a list of what I find to clean it up? Overall are not a major concern for me.

I really like the app!
But I'm stuck on iOS 7 though :\

And I've found two ways to get the app to crash.

The first way:
Create 100 pts Imperial list
Add TIE Advanced
Choose Vader
Add Title "TIE/x1"
Add Systen Upgrade "Advanced Targeting Computer"
Retun to Squadron = Crash (sometimes I have to press the + to add another ship and it crashes)

The second way:

Create 100 pts Scum & Villany list
Add Agressor
Choose IG88-B
Add Title "IG-2000"
Choose Modification and two description texts gets mixed together ( https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24188754/aurora_sb.PNG )

Return to Squadron = Crash

Just realised there is an app for iOS! Finally!

Keep up the good work! and THANKS A LOT!

:)

Hey!

Any news on when you'll update the builder with Wave 8? :)

Thanks a lot for the work, btw!

I think most of wave 8 has already been in there with "preview" next to each card.

Yup. I think it's missing overclocked astromech, but everything else should be in there (and I need to get another OTA update out to add the expansions for collections and remove the preview tags)

VanderLegion, on 17 Mar 2016 - 6:24 PM, said:VanderLegion, on 17 Mar 2016 - 6:24 PM, said:

Yup. I think it's missing overclocked astromech, but everything else should be in there (and I need to get another OTA update out to add the expansions for collections and remove the preview tags)

I see them in separate categories, but you can't add these expansions to your collection though.

Edited by Mockerre

VanderLegion, on 17 Mar 2016 - 6:24 PM, said:VanderLegion, on 17 Mar 2016 - 6:24 PM, said:

I see them in separate categories, but you can't add these expansions to your collection though.

Yah, that's what I mean. Any pilot/upgrade/ship in the app will show up in the separate categories, but I have to specifically add the expansions themselves. I was waiting for them to actually release to do that so I could make sure to get the right upgrades/numbers of upgrades.