FFG European Championships 2017

By KMitchell, in X-Wing

Alex Watkins ( Asmodee's Organised Play Manager for Europe) posted this in the European Champs Facebook page last night

I've trimmed out the bits that don't pertain to X-Wing, but left the non X-Wing Side Events in there.

As of last night there were 282 players signed up for X-Wing :)

Hello FFG Gamers!

The European Championships are just a month away! It is time I share with you the timings for all the games, along with their side events and the number of rounds you should expect each day.

Please remember that this information is subject to change and depends on the participation count, amongst other things. For now please use the following information as a guide:

Main Events!

Star Wars X-Wing:

Registrations opens: 9am Friday 2nd June
First round starts: 11am Friday 2nd June. 5-6 rounds planned on Day 1
Day two registration opens: 8am Saturday 3rd June for all competitors on 3 wins or better (after day1).
Round 6-7 starts: 10am. 5-6 rounds are scheduled on Day 2
Day three registration starts: 8am Sunday 4th June for the top 16.
Top 16 begins at 10am

Side Events!

All players with a main event ticket for one of the 7 main games can take part in any of the below side events at no extra cost. There will be signup sheets at the “Flight Control” (formally known as HQ). Please arrive in the gaming area early and ready to be seated at the start time. The side event schedule is as follows:

Friday 2nd June:

Star Wars Destiny warm up one: 3pm
Star Wars Destiny warm up two: 7pm
Star Wars Imperial Assault warm up: 6pm
- These will be three round tournaments

Saturday 3rd June:

Star Wars X-Wing Team Event: 2pm
Star Wars X-Wing Hangar Bay: 12pm & 4pm
A Game of Thrones LCG Draft: 12pm
Android Netrunner Draft 2pm
- Draft pods will fire when full. Draft packs will be available.

Sunday 4th June:

Star Wars X-Wing Team Epic: 11am
Star Wars Destiny 8 man pods: Fire from 11am
- Pods will fire when full
Imperial Assault 4 player skirmish: 11am
A Game of Thrones Melee: 11am
A Game of Thrones Drafts: 11am
A Game of Thrones Team event: 10am
- Details can be found at this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1255603751190747/
(This event is not being run by me.)

Star Wars Armada Team Event: 10am
Star Wars LCG 4/8 man pods: 11am
Netrunner Drafts: 11am
Netrunner 1.1.1.1 event
- Details for this event will be posted here soon.
(This event is not being run by me.)

As usual if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected] I will l have periods in the run up to the Europeans where I’m not be available due to personal reasons (I’m getting married!) but I will endeavour to reply as soon as I can.

Thanks

Alex

Facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2304760402995599/

OK, so most importantly... who's going?

Yup.

Oh I'll be there :)

If you're lucky, I may have a few Finquisitor cards with me

16357726_10154830783497165_620162720_o.jpg

8 minutes ago, KMitchell said:

<3

Assuming it all comes together in time* I will be coming to at least one day in my Fenn Rau costume with some of CitrusCannon's amazing Fenn alt-arts to give out.

*of which I'm really a little dubious at this stage; LOADS still to do...

I'll be there. I'm too lazy for the travel required for Worlds, so yeah, European that's it :P

On 3/5/2017 at 5:11 PM, KMitchell said:

I need one of those! I'm also bringing a good deck of cards of my own to gift and/or trade for other unofficial things.

EX9OHgv.jpg

Retro Maarek/Farlander are dual cards. Braylen too with Thane in the other side with the same art, which is the scheme I use in one of my ARCs (Norra's is the other).

Edited by Kharnete

Will be there for Fri only, helping boost other people's Day 1 MOV. Surely that's nearly as helpful as awesome alt arts? :P

I'd be there, but (a) exams :( and (b) seriously, its £200+ for accomodation, tickets (for the Expo and then Euros) and everywhere will be rammed. I loved Yavin, and they showed that you don't need to be at UKGE to have a good event!

I will be there! I really want some details these cards!

I'll be there as well with lots of other guys from Germany and excited already for my first big international tournament :) I'll pack one of my "*** Rot" official FFG promo cards for trading.

this thread needs a shameless bumping, if only for the exceptional fan-made cards

On 3.05.2017 at 5:11 PM, KMitchell said:

Nice, sign me up for one! :)

I can't decide whether I like those templates or not. Well, since I won't make the cut it really doesn't matter anyway :) The position markers are really cool though. Those are gonna be my goal for Euros.

Edited by ScumDan

The templates are gorgeous, I love the coin, and the ship markers are something I'm surprised that they're not done before.

Alt-art bad Han meeehhhhhhh.

I love those templates. If only I didn't suck so incredibly bad at flying and rolling dice in X-Wing they could be mine.

Bump for one week to go. I wonder if the Booze Bus will be back this year?

Does anybody now if there will be someone streaming some matches? I'm planing to watch some games with my brother which is kinda pointless if there's no streaming.

FirstEarth is usually there, but he already did Yavin so may not be able to come from Spain so soon after. I hope he can do it though, he has the best overlay on the internet by far, and gets some great commentry.

On 5/3/2017 at 9:35 AM, FTS Gecko said:

OK, so most importantly... who's going?

I'm trying to get there! You going there? :ph34r:

Ill be there. As a judge so I wont get to play,but it will be a blast to watch so many players duke it out ?

7 hours ago, atr127 said:

FirstEarth is usually there, but he already did Yavin so may not be able to come from Spain so soon after. I hope he can do it though, he has the best overlay on the internet by far, and gets some great commentry.

I talked to him a few days ago, he'll be there.

There will be a few of us from Spain attending, maybe ten of us total, but that's just a rough estimate.

On 03/05/2017 at 4:21 PM, thespaceinvader said:

<3

Assuming it all comes together in time* I will be coming to at least one day in my Fenn Rau costume with some of CitrusCannon's amazing Fenn alt-arts to give out.

*of which I'm really a little dubious at this stage; LOADS still to do...

No cards, but it looks like the costume should be finished, if a little rushed. Depending how well I do I'll be wearing it on day 2 or day 3.