FFG European Championships 2017

By KMitchell, in X-Wing

Came in from Cambridge for the day, leaving (I thought) 20m early to get the last affordable train home - got in all of 2.5 games over 9.5 hours, plus a friendly during the 3-hour dead patch. Not a great experience, though I appreciate it largely wasn't the organizers' fault, and unhelped by having my own Imp list take a beating (though that at least is mostly my responsibility).

Probably not the best use of ~£140 ever, to say the least.

Edited by Terminus-Est

This has been the first time I've ever dropped from an X-wing (or any other game) tournament, and it has been solely due the crappy experience sucking out most of the enjoyment I had. I still had a chance to get the ship markers, the only prize I was really looking at, but I just couldn't care anymore. Dropped and now to try get some laughs on the Hangar Bay tomorrow. Awful day.

Also, I still have half a gazillion cards to give away. Look for a dark blue/blackish Slave 1 shirt playing arcs or dual firesprays tomorrow!

Edited by Kharnete

Hi Guys.

Im part of todays team. First of, Im not speaking for the team, merely as one of us, but I pretty confident that the other guys have a similair view.

Im gutwrenched about the insane delays today. It was a nightmare to navigate through and not fun for anyone.

Some of the delays we could have done nothing to forsee or prevent. Others might have been shortned or avoided with a different approach.

But please trust me when I say that we did the absolutely best thing we could to solve it as quickly as possible.

If any of you(who where there) need to blow off some steam, heap it on me here. Ill take it and then Ill be back tomorrow to have a new and great day of X-Wing ?

Cheers Poul

18 minutes ago, Holmelund said:

Hi Guys.

Im part of todays team. First of, Im not speaking for the team, merely as one of us, but I pretty confident that the other guys have a similair view.

Im gutwrenched about the insane delays today. It was a nightmare to navigate through and not fun for anyone.

Some of the delays we could have done nothing to forsee or prevent. Others might have been shortned or avoided with a different approach.

But please trust me when I say that we did the absolutely best thing we could to solve it as quickly as possible.

If any of you(who where there) need to blow off some steam, heap it on me here. Ill take it and then Ill be back tomorrow to have a new and great day of X-Wing ?

Cheers Poul

Don't worry about it - stuff happens. It was pretty obvious to most of us I think that you guys were doing everything you could to get the delays down to as small as possible.

Fingers crossed tomorrow goes well and everyone can chill out and have a beer at the end of the tournament.

Oh, and if you can auto-disqualify all the scum players that'd be great too ;)

7 hours ago, Holmelund said:

Hi Guys.

Cheers Poul

Unfortunately someimes these things happen. My only complaint in how it was dealt with was the organization not saying anything at first as I could have gone and spent a few hours at the Expo instead of hanging around indefinitely.

Even so, I know that you did what you could so I'll be back to keep on playing.

21 hours ago, Kharnete said:

Also, I still have half a gazillion cards to give away. Look for a dark blue/blackish Slave 1 shirt playing arcs or dual firesprays tomorrow!

I will try to track you down to say hi! (white shirt, triple Defenders, probably looking depressed if my current form continues lol)

Edited by FTS Gecko
9 hours ago, Holmelund said:

Hi Guys.

Cheers Poul

Apology accepted Captain Holmelund.

*wheezes*

In all seriousness, these things unfortunately happen, it's disappointing but I know you guys were all working your hardest to get things working. Still planning on having a fun weekend here!

Edited by FTS Gecko

Stream is on again:

https://www.twitch.tv/firstearth

Torp Scouts just beat Fenn/Dengar on stream.

#2 is supposedly RAC/Inky!

IMG_5347.JPG

Apparently the faction split is 8 Scum, 5 Rebels and 3 Imperials.

#16 is Rac + CArnor

35 minutes ago, mithosiris said:

#16 is Rac + CArnor

And he's a friend of mine. The list is:

Carnor: PtL, AT, Shield

RAC: VI, Kylo, Palp, EU, title

Unfortunately I only managed to go 5-4 with my triple striker + support shuttle.

5 minutes ago, darthlurker said:

And he's a friend of mine. The list is:

Carnor: PtL, AT, Shield

RAC: VI, Kylo, Palp, EU, title

Unfortunately I only managed to go 5-4 with my triple striker + support shuttle.

Hmm, so he upgraded Hull to Shield and switched Vader and Gunner for Palp. I may try that version. Oh and he has VI instead of Predator

Edited by Tbetts94

That's mad, I'd love to know what lists he faced

5 hours ago, mithosiris said:

#16 is Rac + CArnor

Juan Del Rio is a top spanish player, he reached 2016 Italian SoS top 8 among other results.

I'm supporting him and Shane who is a an awesome dude

Edited by Sunitsa

So tomorrow is top 16?

If anyone can post the top 16 lists that would be awesome

Ollie is Assaj / Latts, Teroch and Fenn / ATs all with Mindlink.

Geore Dellapina is Leebo Miranda not sure of upgrades.

Francois is Dengar / Fenn.

Any news and lists?

17 hours ago, John Rainbow said:

Stream is on again:

https://www.twitch.tv/firstearth

Torp Scouts just beat Fenn/Dengar on stream.

Are we getting stream on Sunday? If so what time? I would love to attend watching some games!

I'm pretty sure it starts at either 10 or 11. It might start late because of increased security at the NEC.

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 10:04 PM, Kharnete said:

I already have everything prepared for the D-Day. That includes the gazillion cards to gift, with a couple Green Squadron Pilots spares I didn't expect to have anymore.

NEJYk7n.jpg

If I go back to Spain with any of these will be your fault. Don't let me down and look for an ugly tall guy playing an Asajj-Emon list with the same paint jobs than the cards in the Euros, or a double ARC (same scheme again)/Firespray lists in the Hangar Bays. I dare you all. (Or just look for my name, Xavier Guerrero :P ).

Thanks

Really awesome!!

Pity I can't be there...

TOP 16

Oliver Pocknell : Assaji with Latts. Teroch and Fenn AT, Attanni and no titles

George Dellapina : Leebo Miranda.

Francois Couret : Dengar Fenn.

Juan Del Rio : RAC with VI, Palpatine, Kylo, EU, title. Carnor with PTL, Shield upgrade, Autothrusters

Karol Pietrowicz : RAC with VI, Palpatine, Rebel captive, EU. Inquisitor with PTL, Title, Autothruster, Ion Pulse Missile.

Janus : Parattanni with scout and Gyro on Asaji

Tiimo Rabe : 3 Jumps

Shane Hibberd : double Jump + Fenn Rau

Mark Allan : BIggs with R4d6, IA. Braylen with r3a2, gunner, title. Miranda with autoblaster, Rey, Ion BOmbs, Homing, chips, EM

A drian Chouiquet : Vessery, Quickdraw, Pure Sabacc

Tim Gronnenberg : Miranda with TLT, Plasma, EM, Rey, ClusterMines, chips. Biggs with r4d6, IA. Jess Pava with m9g8, IA.
Bartosz Wojcicki : Dash Miranda
Rick Porsius : 3 Jumps
Faan Langelaan: 3 Jumps
Paul Westwood : Kanan with FCS, Rey, RecSpec, TLT, Jammer. Biggs with m9g8, IA. Zeb with Chopper, Autoblaster.
Marton Kenessey : 3 Jumps
Tim Gonnenberg : Biggs Pava Miranda
Edited by Sunitsa

Mark Allan:

Biggs - R4-D6, IA

Braylen - Stressbot, Gunner, Title

Miranda - Autoblaster Turret, Rey, Ion Bombs, Homing Missiles, Guidance Chips, EM

Thanks guys much appreciated