2017 Store Championships

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

This thread is to discuss results and anything related to the 2017 X-wing Store Championship Events, which run from May 13, 2017 through August 26, 2017.

If you have any useful links that can be added to the list below, post here and I will add them!

FFG links:

Community Compilation of Store Championships

Edited by MajorJuggler

[reserved]

[reserved]

2 hours ago, MajorJuggler said:

Great map! Do you know who put it together?

I think emperorscanaries

Store Championship at Game Night Games in Salt Lake City, Utah.

30 Players.

Top table

1st- Bowen

Omicron Group Pilot- Palpatine

Maarek Stele (Defender)- x7, Juke

Colonel Vessery- Tie/D, tractor beam

2nd- Stu

Omicron Group Pilot- Palpatine, Collision Detector

Inquisitor- ATs, Prockets, PTL, title

Quickdraw- VI, LWF, FCS, Primed Thrusters, title

Top 4

Eric

Dengar- VI, Plasma torps, EM, Unhinged, K4, title, chips

Bossk- VI, chips, Boba, K4, 4LOM, Concussion missiles

Justin

Miranda- C3P0, Proximity Mines, Thermals, TLT, LRS, Homing Missiles

Poe- Plasma torps, Black One, R2D2, PTL, AT, Pattern Analyzer

Edited by Kdubb
Top 4 and Top 2 got mixed up

Close, but you switched Eric and Stu. Stu took 2nd. (EDIT: Also, Vessery had Adaptability to shoot before Maarek) Here's what it should be:

1 hour ago, Kdubb said:

30 Players.

Top table

1st- Bowen

Maarek Stele (Defender)- x7, Juke

Colonel Vessery- Tie/D, tractor beam, Adaptability

2nd- Stu

Inquisitor- ATs, Prockets, PTL, title

Quickdraw- VI, LWF, FCS, Primed Thrusters, title

Top 4

Eric

Dengar- VI, Plasma torps, EM, Unhinged, K4, title, chips

Bossk- VI, chips, Boba, K4, 4LOM, Concussion missiles

Justin

Miranda- C3P0, Proximity Mines, Thermals, TLT, LRS, Homing Missiles

Poe- Plasma torps, Black One, R2D2, PTL, AT, Pattern Analyzer

That's right people: One week after worlds, Utah holds one of the very first Store Championships of the season, and Palp takes the top 2 spots .

Jumpmasters were hardly seen at all- there were only two jumpmasters out of 30 lists, and neither list was a Worlds-clone. Nearly half the players there were flying Imperials, and I don't think there was a single duplicate list from any faction in the Store.

I love Utah! :D

Edited by Herowannabe
8 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Close, but you switched Eric and Stu. Stu took 2nd. (EDIT: Also, Vessery had Adaptability to shoot before Maarek) Here's what it should be:

That's right people: One week after worlds, Utah holds one of the very first Store Championships of the season, and Palp takes the top 2 spots .

Jumpmasters were hardly seen at all- there were only two jumpmasters out of 30 lists, and neither list was a Worlds-clone. Nearly half the players there were flying Imperials, and I don't think there was a single duplicate list from any faction in the Store.

I love Utah! :D

Fixed in my post. Not sure how I got those mixed up. Just didn't make sense to my psyche that Palp was in the top 2 lists I guess haha.

On the other side of the states in Nova territory, looks like it was Mindlink scum doing its usual thing, but top table did feature an imperial list it sounds like. Jeremy Howard won with mindlink something it looks like.

Anyone have top cut for that tournament? Cardboard Gaming was the store.

Edited by Kdubb
On 5/13/2017 at 11:05 PM, Herowannabe said:

NOOO!!! That's not true! That's impossible !

Edited by Sekac
On 5/13/2017 at 9:18 PM, Kdubb said:

1st- Bowen

2nd- Stu

Did they get the FAQ in Utah?

2 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

Yes the carrier pidgeons arrived last month with the FAQ.

2 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

It's possible that Utah isn't filled to the brim with a bunch of knee-jerking reactionary hyperbolists who believe things are either OP or unplayable.

Utah is a bit weird in the sense that there is this general feel that Meta lists aren't cool. Plus I think everyone wants to find their own top meta list without using a proven one. Last year at our regionals I think there was only 1 true u-boat list and 1 other with a YV666 replacing a boat.

21 hours ago, Sekac said:

It's possible that Utah isn't filled to the brim with a bunch of knee-jerking reactionary hyperbolists who believe things are either OP or unplayable.

Yeah this

21 hours ago, Danath said:

Utah is a bit weird in the sense that there is this general feel that Meta lists aren't cool. Plus I think everyone wants to find their own top meta list without using a proven one. Last year at our regionals I think there was only 1 true u-boat list and 1 other with a YV666 replacing a boat.

And a bit of this.

The regionals earlier this year was won by triple Defenders, so it's not like Meta lists are completely shunned, but there is a general feeling of wanting to create something on your own to counter the meta, or maybe a bit of a "fly to have fun" attitude, especially this early in the Store Championships season.

And don't get me wrong, just because we didn't see any Dengar/Tel clones doesn't mean that there weren't plenty of really potent lists. I saw Miranda being used in several lists, a parattani variation with palob instead of Manaroo, plenty of Asaaj, plenty of Fenn Rau, a Dengar/Bossk list or two.

Games U Store Championship in Gilbert, AZ Top 8 currently running. Here are the barebone details of the lists-

3x Rau Boats

Brobots

Dengar, Fenn, Kaa'to

Major Striden + 3 Sienar Test Pilots

Bossk Ketsu

Biggs, Braylen, Rex, Jess

Edited by Kdubb
1 hour ago, Kdubb said:

I approve.

That is all.

3 minutes ago, Ailowynn said:

I approve.

That is all.

Major Stridan (40) - Upsilon-class Shuttle
Collision Detector (0), Systems Officer (2), General Hux (5), Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1)

Sienar Test Pilot (20) - TIE Adv. Prototype
Proton Rockets (3), TIE/v1 (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Edited by Kdubb

Hux, huh? That makes a lot of sense. Give those little TAPs some punch after their payload is gone. And DUH, he gives everyone a focus . . . so they all get focus, target lock, evade. And five dice.

Oh, and Systems Officer is pretty cool too. Free target lock + evade, and then that guy focuses and gets a fully modified procket shot. Nifty.

Edited by Ailowynn

Lists of the top 4 for the Store Champs held in Portsmouth Uk 32 players, Sat 20th May:

1st Place:

Wedge Antiles, Warden Squadron pilot, Gold Squadron Pilot

2nd Place:

Vessery, Quickdraw, Omega Leader

Top 4

Tel Truvera, 2 x Syndicate thugs

Asajj Ventress, Contracted Scout, Fen Rau

Edited by TgLoki
2 hours ago, Kdubb said:

Games U Store Championship in Gilbert, AZ Top 8 currently running. Here are the barebone details of the lists-

3x Rau Boats

Brobots

Dengar, Fenn, Kaa'to

Bossk Ketsu

Biggs, Braylen, Rex, Jess

I find it hilarious how when a podcaster mentions a list but without the details and people try to recreate it. I saw the same thing at CAC and Worlds when Dee mentioned my Upsilon/Jax/OL list. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I've recently noticed this.

Edited by Tbetts94
1 hour ago, TgLoki said:

1st Place:

Wedge Antiles

http://gph.is/2oEbigY

edit: if there is a way to post gifs I can't figure it out. lol

Edited by Stevey86
16 minutes ago, Stevey86 said:

Haha yeah it was me, my full list is:

99 points

Wedge, predator bb8 integrated

Warden, conners clusters ions munitions advslam sabine

Gold squad, r3a2 tlt and title

Sorry I dont know the other lists in the top four in full.

13 minutes ago, TgLoki said:

Haha yeah it was me, my full list is:

99 points

Wedge, predator bb8 integrated

Warden, conners clusters ions munitions advslam sabine

Gold squad, r3a2 tlt and title

Sorry I dont know the other lists in the top four in full.

I don't care about the others. ;)

I plan on going one better today. Taking Luke and Han to Warez. :D

Edited by Stevey86