2017 Store Championships

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Just now, Jeff Wilder said:

Riiight. Good point.

It's the strategy Tippet used to make Top 16 at Worlds, but looks like this list fit Engine Upgrade in when he downgraded to Echo. I gotta look and compare lists though.

2 hours ago, Tbetts94 said:

You PS0 anyone that will annoy RAC or Echo.

This. I had one shot where I could have killed Echo had I dialed in the right maneuver, but I didn't. Aaron is a really good pilot and he wasn't making any more mistakes.

I just updated threads under Organized Play, that include links to the USA Store Championships Tournament or Store info.

The lists are by State and then Tournament date.

106 Listed for June, 80 listed for July, and 28 listed for August.

There are still around 170 locations from the original FFG list that I could not find dates for.

The May thread includes results posted in List Juggler

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/249586-may-2017-xwing-store-championships-usa/
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/249598-june-2017-xwing-store-championships-usa/
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/249599-july-2017-xwing-store-championships-usa/
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/249601-aug-2017-xwing-store-championships-usa/

On 5/31/2017 at 1:59 PM, Trespasser 989 said:

The Game Cafe store championship (31 players) in Independence, MO was won by Aaron Steede flying:

RAC - Adaptability, Kylo, Palp, EU

Echo - VI, FCS, ACD, Agent Kallus

I may have to try this tonight just to use my Kallus token. :D

I flew in my first Store Championship this season on Saturday, at Battleground Games & Hobbies in Abington, Massachusetts. List Juggler entry:

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=2940

28 players, I won with a Parattanni variant I have been calling "Cargottanni":

Fenn + ML + AT + title

Asajj + ML + Latts

Scout + ML + Intel + Rigged Cargo Chute

5-0 in Swiss. I probably needed to go undefeated in Swiss to make the cut because my MoV wasn't great (I had two extremely close matches), and two 4-1 players missed the cut on MoV.

I won my Top 4 vs Fenn Boats. Crazy range 1 engagement early on vs his Fenn. I forced him to bump, and we both had a focus. I get a hit and a crit on him, and the crit is stunned pilot. Game changer, ouch. He does 0 to my Fenn in return. I get him to bump next turn and take his Fenn to 0 [edit:] 1 hull, but can't get him to bump again, so his Fenn turns tail and runs away for a little while. Game gets called at time with my Scout and Asajj on fire but alive, my Fenn full, and his Fenn at 1 hull with both his Scouts dead. Ventress stress against mindlink is really, really annoying for him, although he did always manage to get a focus token.

The other player at the final table, I had beaten in round 5, and he was flying a Dengar/Tel list very similar to the World's list. He already had a SC win and Regional bye, and we were both ready to go home (I was sick/congested to boot!) so we decided to just split the store credit and declare me the winner. I'm not sure how many other (if any) store champs I'll be getting to this season, so I'll take the 6-0 and the win. :)

Edited by MajorJuggler

Thanks for the report.

Dif you feel you got your 2 pts worth out of Intel Agent and Rigged Cargo Chute? I have been toying with different variants of Scout plus 2 pts instead of Manaroo and so far I tend to think Manaroo is still the best option for the 28 pts.

Rigged Cargo Chute sometimes plays a MASSIVE role, but then in about half my games it does nothing. I think I have some room to improve my game quite a bit in that regard, as I should be able to better leverage the cargo. It's just tricky to drop the cargo and then get the Scout way out of dodge if it starts taking heat.

Intel is always worth 1 point if you have a blocker, in my opinion. It's a great card.

Edited by MajorJuggler

Top 4 from The geekery in Kansas City this weekend. 33 people, some interesting tidbits, there were Zero attani mindlink lists, only 3 jumpmasters (all dengars)

Top 4

Kavil (44) Y-Wing (24), Bomb Loadout (0), Extra Munitions (2), Twin Laser Turret (6), Unhinged Astromech (1), Expertise (4), Engine Upgrade (4), Thermal Detonators (3)

Dengar (54) JumpMaster 5000 (33), Lone Wolf (2), Inspiring Recruit (1), Overclocked R4 (1), Scavenger Crane (2), Punishing One (12), Counter-Measures (3)

(Played the winner)

-----

Jake Farrell (28) A-Wing (24), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Chardaan Refit (-2), Push the Limit (3), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

Warden Squadron Pilot (43) K-Wing (23), Twin Laser Turret (6), Extra Munitions (2), Sabine Wren (2), Cluster Mines (4), Conner Net (4), Advanced SLAM (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (29) Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), R3-A2 (2), Bomb Loadout (0), Twin Laser Turret (6), Thermal Detonators (3)

(Played the Finalist)

-----

Finalist

Gold Squadron Pilot (25) Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), R3-A2 (2), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Gold Squadron Pilot (23) Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Captain Rex (14)

Norra Wexley (38) ARC-170 (29), R2-D2 (4), Push the Limit (3), Tail Gunner (2), Alliance Overhaul (0)

-----

Winner

Norra Wexley (40) ARC-170 (29), R2-D2 (4), Push the Limit (3), Tail Gunner (2), Alliance Overhaul (0), Vectored Thrusters (2)

Han Solo (59) YT-1300 (46), Expertise (4), C-3PO (3), Gunner (5), Millennium Falcon (Evade Version) (1)

Edited by LjCoolio

Top 4 from Tyler Texas this weekend, 15 players. Might have been one mind-link squad. Dengar+Tel worlds winning list was there, but lost to both finalists.

Top 4

(lost to finalist)
Darth Vader + ATC + Predator + Engine
Marek Steele (TieAdv) + ATC + Predator + Engine
Wampa
Chaser

-----
(lost to winner)
Norra + Expertise + Finn(crew) + Alliance Overhaul
Shara Bey + PTL + Weapons Engineer + Alliance Overhaul
Captain Rex
Zeb Orrelios

-----

Finalist
Rey + VI + Engine + Finn + Kannan + Falcon 2 title
Norra + bb-8 + Kyle Katarn + PTL + Engine

-----

Winner (undefeated)

Vessery + Ruthlessness + TieD + Tractor Beam
Ryad + PTL + X7 + Twin Ion
Omega Leader + Juke + Pattern Analyzer

Evergreen Tabletop Expo is on Listjuggler now. 23 players

Winner was Blair Bunke with:

Howlrunner + Crack Shot
Black Squadron Pilot + Crack Shot
Zeta Leader + Crack Shot
(100)

2nd was Bryan Taylor with:

Palob Godalhi + Attanni Mindlink + Twin Laser Turret
Asajj Ventress + Attanni Mindlink + Latts Razzi + Rigged Cargo Chute
Fenn Rau + Attanni Mindlink + Concord Dawn Protector + Autothrusters
(100)

Avery (lost to Bryan):

Contracted Scout + Extra Munitions + Plasma Torpedoes + Inspiring Recruit + Guidance Chips
Contracted Scout + Extra Munitions + Plasma Torpedoes + Inspiring Recruit + Guidance Chips
Tel Trevura + Attanni Mindlink + Gonk + R5-P8
(98)

Jonas was in the Top 4 with a 4 ship Rebel list. Not up yet but the pic looked like Biggs, Rex, stresshog, and a T70 ?

Edited by varthanna

Anybody seeing non-Miranda K-Wings showing up at Store Champs?

3 hours ago, varthanna said:

Howlrunner + Crack Shot
Zeta Leader + Crack Shot
(100)

(100)

Avery (lost to Bryan):

(98)

Jonas was in the Top 4 with a 4 ship Rebel list. Not up yet but the pic looked like Biggs, Rex, stresshog, and a T70 ?

My list was Tarn Mison + M9-G8, Integrated Astromech; Jess Pava + R2 Astromech, Integrated Astromech; Gold Squadron Pilot + R3-A2, TLT, BTL-A4; Ezra Bridger + Rage, Inspring Recruit.

1 hour ago, EdgeOfDreams said:

Anybody seeing non-Miranda K-Wings showing up at Store Champs?

On 6/4/2017 at 5:19 PM, LjCoolio said:

Top 4 from The geekery in Kansas City this weekend. 33 people, some interesting tidbits, there were Zero attani mindlink lists, only 3 jumpmasters (all dengars)

Top 4

Jake Farrell (28) A-Wing (24), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Chardaan Refit (-2), Push the Limit (3), Autothrusters (2), Veteran Instincts (1)

Warden Squadron Pilot (43) K-Wing (23), Twin Laser Turret (6), Extra Munitions (2), Sabine Wren (2), Cluster Mines (4), Conner Net (4), Advanced SLAM (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (29) Y-Wing (18), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0), R3-A2 (2), Bomb Loadout (0), Twin Laser Turret (6), Thermal Detonators (3)

(Played the Finalist)

5 hours ago, varthanna said:

Howlrunner + Crack Shot
Zeta Leader + Crack Shot
(100)

(100)

Avery (lost to Bryan):

(98)

I'm assuming Blair will be going Scum now? Because if I won that sexy Lancer and Protectorates, they'd be all I ever flew.

Kavil (44) Y-Wing (24), Bomb Loadout (0), Extra Munitions (2), Twin Laser Turret (6), Unhinged Astromech (1), Expertise (4), Engine Upgrade (4), Thermal Detonators (3)

Well this took balls to fly.

Tucson Games & Gadgets Store Championship #1 (Tucson Mall location), 25 players.

List Juggler

Winner:

Chris Little (now has won both AZ store championships so far)

• Fenn, Attanni, Autothrusters, title
  • Contracted Scout, Attanni, R4, 4-LOM, Plasma Torpedo, Chips
  • Contracted Scout, Attanni, R4, Boba, Proton Torpedo, Chips

Second:

Scott Forster (me)

• Fenn, Attanni, Autothrusters, title
  • Genesis Red, Attanni, Heavy Scyk, HLC, Pulsed Ray Shield
  • Contracted Scout, Attanni, R4 Boba, Proton Torpedo, EM, Chips

Top 4:

Travis White

• Old Teroch, Attanni, Autothrusters, title
  • Assaj Ventress, Attanni, Tactician, title
  • Palob Godalhi, Attanni, TLT

Top 4:

Chaise Lushia

• Colonel Vessery, VI, x7, TIE mk II
  • Omega Leader, Juke, Comm, Stealth
  • Maarek Stele, Adaptability, x7, TIE mk II

fun note: Travis and Chaise are father and son and both made the cut for the first time at this event!

it's almost midnight, I'm going to go collapse now. Should have the full thing in list juggler on monday or tuesday

edited to add List Juggler link

Edited by skotothalamos

how was Genesis Red?

We had our first local store championship last week, 18 players showed up, including 5 who made the 2 hour trip from Montreal, and my 7 year old son!

The juggler is ... not entirely filled by players, but my memory isn't completely horrible so I filled in some blanks as best I could. I'm not 100% sure on the Boba/Kath and the Ketsu/Bossk loadout, but I'm pretty sure I'm close. There was also a triple bumpmaster list, a variation on Calen's Pride (with ezra and dorsal), a rebel jank list (YYYZZ) and two lists I don't quite remember!

The top 4 split the loot instead of doing a top 4 since it was already past 5pm on a Sunday night and half the top 4 had that 2 hour drive to look forward to and there was a single undefeated player anyways, me!

Winner (me!)
Kath Scarlet + Heavy Laser Cannon + Expertise + Dengar
Ketsu Onyo + Rigged Cargo Chute + Push the Limit + Shadow Caster + K4 Security Droid

Top 4
Tim running BBBBZ, with only 2 collision detectors cause that's all he has!

Mathieu running Expertise Vessery, Push the limit Ryad and standard Omega leader

Julien running Palob, Fenn Rau and Asajj (I may be missing a 1pt upgrade in there, I don't remember if he had a bit or not)

My 7 year old son grabbed 12th place at his first store championship! Though it wasn't his first, or biggest, tournament. Go Arthur!

On 6/5/2017 at 3:10 PM, varthanna said:

Howlrunner + Crack Shot
Zeta Leader + Crack Shot
(100)

I never noticed until now that Black Squadron Pilots can take elite! Crazy!

52 minutes ago, direweasel said:

I never noticed until now that Black Squadron Pilots can take elite! Crazy!

Obsidian's use to be the go to Tie Pilots to get above Rebel Generics, but when Crack Shot came out Black Squadron Pilots took their place.

Edited by Tbetts94

We had a 27 person Store Championship at Full Spectrum Games in Arlington, TX.

Top 4 was, from memory

Winner (Casey)

Soontir - push, autos, targeting

Quickdraw

Omega Leader

2nd (Jack)

Dash w/ Lone Wolf, Rey, HLC, Outrider, Burnout Slam

Miranda w/ TLT, clusters, seismic, extras, sabine, adv slam

3rd

Rey and bomb/TLT Miranda

4th (me)

Fenn w/ mindlink, autos, title

Genesis w/ mindlink, pulsed ray, heavy, mangler

Asajj w/ mindlink, latts

5 hours ago, Transmogrifier said:

how was Genesis Red ?

I liked him a lot. His ability has some fun Attanni synergy, though i would switch to regen-and-evade a lot when he was hurting. The ion move often set him up for enemy attacks, but also let me set my Fenn dial to murder someone going after Genesis, while Gen did the aforementioned turtling.

He died in 4 of my seven games. two of them were losses (both to the undefeated RauBoats player). in the other two, I feel like I won the game because Gen drew a ton of fire and just kept surviving while the others made up the difference. Traded him for an entire Chewbacca in a Dash-Chewie game, and both small ships in a Teroch-Palob-Asajj game.

Is he better than a similarly-pointed Scout in the same spot? not sure. He had great surprise value this weekend, but only time will tell if he has the legs to keep it up.

I really like Genesis. It can't be that bad to pick up a target lock and also give your entire list focus. Evade, focus, and regen makes him surprisingly durable as well. I played against PS9 moving last or Miranda in all but one game so I really missed Manaroo/Scout, so I didn't get the best impression of Genesis.

51 minutes ago, Sarcon said:

The first Dutch store championship was last sunday. We had 35 participants. Overall it was a bit Parattani heavy, but all in all it seems to be a pretty standard meta.

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=2976

Parattanni is still very very good. It apparently went from being "outright broken" pre-manaroo nerf, to "only" Tier 1. Fenn/Assaj/Palob is essentially the same archetype and is also super solid.

The backbone of the list is Fenn and Assaj, and always has been. The third ship just needs to generate focus, not immediately die, and do something else useful in the process.