Planets, planets, and more planets

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

18 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

You know, for some reason, I though there was one in an FFG book. I guess not. So...

25LGvfV.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Nice write up,

On 4/25/2017 at 2:32 AM, Nytwyng said:

You know, for some reason, I though there was one in an FFG book. I guess not. So...

25LGvfV.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Onderon is the planet setting for the Age of Rebellion beginners boxed set and free continuing adventure from FFG.

8 hours ago, Ferretfur said:

Onderon is the planet setting for the Age of Rebellion beginners boxed set and free continuing adventure from FFG.

That's probably it. I remembered it being present in materials, but I don't believe there was a planet page in there. (And if there was, I haven't pulled it from the book, which would be why I didn't find it in my materials.)

18 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

That's probably it. I remembered it being present in materials, but I don't believe there was a planet page in there. (And if there was, I haven't pulled it from the book, which would be why I didn't find it in my materials.)

Operation Shadowpoint (the continuing adventure) has details about Onderon, but as you said, no planet page.

@Nytwyng Are you interested in some inspiration on planets? I've fleshed out several planets over the course of my games that were previously just dots on the map and would be happy to share the details with you.

1 hour ago, Ryoden said:

@Nytwyng Are you interested in some inspiration on planets? I've fleshed out several planets over the course of my games that were previously just dots on the map and would be happy to share the details with you.

Sure. Bring 'em on.

Ok first one I developed of was Farstine. Wookipedia did not really have much describing the surface. So I figured that since it has a methane atmosphere but some 500 million population then something has to be going on. I described it as having cities made up of districts encased in giant bubble force fields. So each city looks like a collection of varying sized shining domes from above. The city sectors are connected by tunnels and gateways. Although the Empire has moved in and decreed that they are in charge, there is otherwise no global government. Each city dome is owned by a different entity with their own laws and regulations. Hence the reason it was such a big hub for spice trade. It was not just on the trade routes, it was also easy to find a place to land and transfer cargo where you knew that you could control the surroundings. Outside of the cities there isn't much going on. A few species that breath methane try and meek out a decent life but the natural resources are mediocre at best. The biggest thing they can hope to achieve is some degree of isolation by dint of being unimportant.

What If Tund had survived into the Edge of the Empire time-frame.

Downloadable pdf

Tund.jpg.ab4e9c99d05ee533e16e519da8065b91.jpg

Edited by Ogrebear

Anyone know if there's info along these lines for Bothawui?

29 minutes ago, CGJackson said:

Anyone know if there's info along these lines for Bothawui?

Even Wookieepedia's Legends tab has virtually no info on the planet. I'll have to go dig up my old d20 Saga Edition books and look. I suspect that the wiki pages were edited after 2014 and the old content removed.

I'm not at home, so I can't look at my SE books, but I did some work with Google and came up with a couple of pages that between them have enough info to be put into a FFG-style summary page:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=hu&u=https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothawui&prev=search

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.starwars-holonet.com/encyclopedie/planete-bothawui.html&prev=search

35 minutes ago, ShadoWarrior said:

Even Wookieepedia's Legends tab has virtually no info on the planet. I'll have to go dig up my old d20 Saga Edition books and look. I suspect that the wiki pages were edited after 2014 and the old content removed.

THIS is the article you're looking for: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bothawui/Legends

Yep, that's the page I was looking for. Thank you. Now we just need someone to put it into FFG's format.

Thanks to all for help tracking down the information!

On 5/7/2017 at 11:53 AM, ShadoWarrior said:

Yep, that's the page I was looking for. Thank you. Now we just need someone to put it into FFG's format.

lGC93pM.jpg

Downloadable pdf

Awesome!

On 9/16/2016 at 0:49 AM, Nytwyng said:

Another one of mine. Labyrinth, a super-high security Imperial prison planet.

LEuPdtq.jpg

Downloadable PDF

I find the familiarity of the terrain... disturbing! :)

Take some underwater gear.

Or at least a swimsuit.

Er1AC7W.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Disney XD's running a Rebels marathon today, and the season 2 finale's fast approaching in it. I'd started this one a while back, and finally finished it up today, using a combination of current canon and Legends information.

t7UTOoG.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Perhaps a..."controversial"...inclusion. But, it's on the current canon map, so the information here represents the planet's status during the game's 'default" GCW setting.

MT7ZNjG.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Your three latest planets' links are to JPGs, not PDFs.

PS - nice work, as usual. Love this thread. :)

1 minute ago, ShadoWarrior said:

Your three latest planets' links are to JPGs, not PDFs.

PS - nice work, as usual. Love this thread. :)

Grrr...and I specifically copied the downloads.... Time to dig in and make sure the right files uploaded.

And, they're fixed now. Thanks for catching it.

Peek behind the keyboard: I'd gotten scans of the official sheets from the books, which are in .jpg format. So, to keep things in that folder consistent, I put full-size .jpg copies of my planets in that folder, then size them down to upload to Imgur for linking here and on mySWRPG.com . I lost track of which folder I was pulling the download files from, and instead of grabbing from the PDF folder, I pulled from that full-size .jpg folder.

So, if you're doing the math, yes...I've got multiple copies of each file that I make: original Word document that I do the creation in (allows for later editing when/if necessary), full-size .jpg, scaled down .jpg, and PDF. (Not to mention the hard copy that's in the binder.)

Edited by Nytwyng

These are beautiful. Do you know if one of these planet data sheets exists for Kwenn Space Station? I thought I once saw a fan made version for KSS out there but I can't locate it. Have you seen it?