Planets, planets, and more planets

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Over in Absol's predictions thread, a side discussion of making our own planets in FFG's format came up. Here's a handful that I've put together, starting with adapting a few planets from the original Marvel series.

Feel free to contribute, either full-fledged planet write ups or just cool artwork of planets.

Right now, I'm just posting links to the PDF's I've made, because that's the best I can do from my phone at work. When I get home, I'll pretty things up a bit.

First up, Aargau, the banking planet that appeared in Marvel's original Star Wars #48.

CXWd5Po.jpg
Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng
Updated planet sheet/download

Next, Centares. It made a couple of appearances. For some strange reason, I've really liked the Rubyflame Lake location on Centares for quite a while.
HGCz5iu.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Good thread idea. Will post something when I get home. Question: do you have a blank starscape template?

Drexel. A water world from the second original storyline that has feuding groups, one of which rides sentient sea-dragons! What's not to love about sentient sea-dragons?
lKVefbi.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Finally (for now), one of my own: Rigadoré. This is a planet that's been rattling around in the background of all of my games since the mid-90's and WEG D6. It's a planet that my old Young Jedi character's mentor saw as his greatest failure, as his battle with an Imperial captain led to the triggering of an experimental terraforming device (yes, think Genesis Device), killing the planet's population.

I've brought it into my current campaign, with the terraforming incident still part of the backstory. Now, the Empire is recolonizing and analyzing the results of the accident.
DLLHYKg.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

These look great, Nytwyng!

Thanks! There's a few more sitting on the computer at home.

And if one wanted to there are a lot of planets in the 2 planets books from WEG that would be nice to have updated...

Awesome, Indeed.

Yet another thread to steal all my “likes”. Dammit. ;)

Another Marvel one. From the very first post-Star Wars original story, infamous for introducing a certain green, long-eared guy named Jaxxon, we have Aduba-3.

Aduba-3 is also where the old WEG group (Wraith Task Force) I was part of came together. The starting GM asked for the name of an existing but little-used world, and Aduba-3 is the first one that popped into my mind. I tossed it out there, he used it, and so it went.

YlMVme6.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Krake's Planet. A vast wasteland, but home to the utterly funky looking Krake Data Vault, from Star Wars #63.

abkYIGT.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Another one of mine, Cathedral. Cathedral is the capitol of the Holy Church of the Instrumentality. The Church was introduced back in my old WEG campaign as another strong presence in the galaxy that the players could find themselves running afoul of and - potentially - scoring major, galaxy-changing victories against. The Church is basically sitting back and letting the war between the Rebellion and the Empire play out, ready to strike at the weakened victor and spread their gospel across the galaxy.

ml74udQ.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

First up, Aargau, the banking planet that appeared in Marvel's original Star Wars #48.

Downloadable PDF

Hmm. Do you have a link to the actual PDF, as opposed to the JPG?

I’d love to get a version with higher resolution text….

Thanks!

My mistake...linked to the wrong file. It's fixed now.

My mistake...linked to the wrong file. It's fixed now.

Yoink! ;)

Quick post before I head in to work. Not a planet, but....

All of these exist in hard copy printout, alongside printouts of the planet pages published by FFG. They're in a binder together that has the following cover:

bn5LKtG.jpg

Downloadable PDF

There are a bunch in the essential attlass that would be nice to get in this format. I like the idea of a binder of women..I mean planets...

Very cool!

Great thread! Look forward to more planets to tuck into out of the way 'corners' of the galaxy.

Very nice write-ups. Drexel and Krake's World in particular bring back memories.

Any chance of rolling it all up into a single PDF? (or did I miss that option to download somewhere?)

And it's awesome! :)

the Holy Church of the Instrumentality.

So they want everybody to turn into Tang?