Planets, planets, and more planets

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

First - I love this thread, and am looking forward to seeing more and more planets crop up!

Second - I'm looking for advice on picking a planet, so this seems like the right place (and let me know otherwise and I can put it someplace else). I've been working on a smuggling adventure, where the PCs are taking some illicit cargo from Tatooine to moderately populated planet in the Mid Rim, preferably somewhere near, and slightly coreward, of Hutt Space and Kwenn Space Station. The PCs are going to have two options - (1) take the cargo down the major trade route and be subject to pirates / customs officials, (2) take the backroads smuggler run through a dangerous nebula to cut off time and avoid customs to get to the planet.

So here is a zoomed in piece of the map that covers Tatooine (bottom right) to Hutt Space (top right is Kwenn):

AlderaanTatooinecrop.jpg?1480209103

Feels like some mid-rim options include: Ando, Nanth'ri, Nixor, Nexus Ortai, Daalang, Druckenwell, and Dressel

Some options in the expansion region include: Mimban, Attahox, Gyndine, Antar, and Belasco

Would love some advice on the destination planet? All opinions welcome!

Edited by Aurin

So, Mimban has been covered a bit in the EU. IIRC, Luke went there, but I don’t remember the details of the stories. That would be a potentially rich source to mine. Alternatively, that might bring enough back history with it that you may want to choose another place.

Presumably, Dressel is the home of the Dresselians. Not sure how much back history there is there to mine, but Wookieepedia would probably provide some pointers.

As for the rest, I have no idea.

So, Mimban has been covered a bit in the EU. IIRC, Luke went there, but I don’t remember the details of the stories. That would be a potentially rich source to mine. Alternatively, that might bring enough back history with it that you may want to choose another place.Presumably, Dressel is the home of the Dresselians. Not sure how much back history there is there to mine, but Wookieepedia would probably provide some pointers.As for the rest, I have no idea.

Mimban's Splinter of the Mind's Eye . It was momentarily going to be the site of our second session. Hmmm...may have to be an upcoming write up.

Going with one without any EU legacy may be the right move. Mimban is a swamp world so that won't work too well for my needs (though I would love to see a write up). Druckenwell has a decent amount of info with it but it seems to fit nicely. Dressel is the home of Dressellians - I'm fond of that one as it has a very small thread to Rogue One :)

And, here it is: Mimban, location of Splinter of the Mind's Eye .

r0kkEaM.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng
Updated planet sheet/download

Love Mimban!

I've circled in on two different options for the planet of choice:

Option 1:

Easy way: Corellian Run from Tatooine to Druckenwell; Reena Trade Route to Dressel

Hard way: Corellian Run from Tatooine to Mon Gazza, Dresselian Traverse* to Dressel

Option 2:

Easy way: Trellius Trade Route from Tatooine to Molavar, Manda Merchant Route to Manda

Hard way: a backroads jump to Ord Pardron, Mandan Traverse* to Manda

* this is difficult, off-the-star-charts jump through a dangerous nebula part.

So basically Dressel vs. Manda. Manda has some EU legacy from the 80's cartoon, Star Wars Droids. Dressel only has a mention in the background of a smuggler who was used as a pawn by the creator of the Death Star.

There wasn't much on Wookiepedia about the Manda Merchant Trade Route or the Reena Trade Route, though there was this nugget:

"The Reena Trade Route was a Mid Rim hyperlane that spun off the Corellian Run at Druckenwell, going as far as Bothawui. It passed through five sectors.

During the Galactic Civil War, bribery on nearby planets by Zann Consortium-affiliated defilers led to information—and piracy—on the trade route."

A7T, this one's for you....

73120tF.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Where do you get the pictures of planets from?

Where do you get the pictures of planets from?

Some come from Wookipedia, if it's an existing in-universe planet and they've got a good pic (that's where Mimban & Roon came from). The rest all come from Google-fu, and terms that I use to filter. When I search, if I come across an image that looks like it might be useful later, even if not a perfect fit for the planet I'm working on, I'll save it out and stockpile it.

A smidge of Photoshop work with a round selection tool helps get the planet by itself on a transparent background, so the planet meshes more or less seamlessly with the page background.

Thank you very much for the planets, they are very nicely done!

Between Empire and Jedi, the Rebels established a new base on Arbra, home to the energy-eating, telepathic "bunnies," the Hoojibs.

Has anyone done stats for the Hoojibs?

Or, almost as importantly, the Slivelith? Honestly, I thought I was the only one who remembered the "Planet of the Hoojibs" book and tape combo.

Come to think of it, I'm almost certain my players are oblivious...

Between Empire and Jedi, the Rebels established a new base on Arbra, home to the energy-eating, telepathic "bunnies," the Hoojibs.

Has anyone done stats for the Hoojibs?

Or, almost as importantly, the Slivelith? Honestly, I thought I was the only one who remembered the "Planet of the Hoojibs" book and tape combo.

Come to think of it, I'm almost certain my players are oblivious...

Although I'm aware of that combo, I've never seen/heard it. I know the little guys from their introduction in the original Marvel comics run that was adapted for the combo.

PcDZOwI.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

YMavJZd.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Yoink!

Based on a request for a planet page in another post....

IwCS5Q4.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

It's almost inevitable that this one will someday be superseded by an actual FFG page. But, in the meantime, I can use one, and I suspect others can, as well.

gNiQOnq.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Another world from the original Marvel run. The ocean world Iskalon played a part in several post-RotJ stories, and one of its citizens - Hiro - played a supporting role in the series, including being a major point in the development of fan-favorite comics-only character Dani the Zeltron.

bjNmYwK.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Yoink! ;)

DYg5zom.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Thanks! :)

Nytwyng contact me through www.LegendsoftheGalaxy.com where you can find my contact info. I want to chat about teaming up to create some planets for our community organized play.

Nytwyng contact me through www.LegendsoftheGalaxy.com where you can find my contact info. I want to chat about teaming up to create some planets for our community organized play.

Shoot me a message and let me know what you have in mind.