Planets, planets, and more planets

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Love your work, thanks for all the stuff you put out for the community - was just wondering, do you have the above mentioned Word Template for your planet format? I've tried hacking around my own, but it always seems slightly off. Thanks!

Is it true that this forum is going away? Will someone back these up or do I need to download everything ASAP?

@Bisclavret I am. I’m about 1/3 of the way through the Minos Cluster port from the old WEG Galaxy Guide 6, and it’s my priority right now, since it started from a request that the individual was kind enough to donate to the site’s upkeep. But let me know what you’re looking for, and I’ll see what I can do.

Edited by Nytwyng
On 12/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, player4491199 said:

Love your work, thanks for all the stuff you put out for the community - was just wondering, do you have the above mentioned Word Template for your planet format? I've tried hacking around my own, but it always seems slightly off. Thanks!

I don’t have it posted anywhere, but shoot me a message, and I’ll see about getting it to you.

16 minutes ago, Reuster said:

Is it true that this forum is going away? Will someone back these up or do I need to download everything ASAP?

The FFG forums are closing 1/31/2021. All of the planet sheets created by me (along with other fun things) are available at mySWRPG .

2 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

The FFG forums are closing 1/31/2021. All of the planet sheets created by me (along with other fun things) are available at mySWRPG .

Bookmarked your site. Thank You

13 minutes ago, Reuster said:

Bookmarked your site. Thank You

Awesome. Feel free to join in the newly-activated forums there, too. Just turned them on with the impending closure of these forums.

1 hour ago, Nytwyng said:

Awesome. Feel free to join in the newly-activated forums there, too. Just turned them on with the impending closure of these forums.

I will! Thank You for all you’ve done

Why are they closing the fourm?

55 minutes ago, Exusiai said:

Why are they closing the fourm?

Makes sense to shutter the RPG and mini-game forums, since they’ve been moved from FFG to other Asmodee imprints. I don’t frequent the forums for any of the games staying under the FFG umbrella, so I don’t know if they get enough traffic to justify keeping them around.

Working on the Adarlon subsection, I came across this:

Across Adarlon there are a large number of elaborate theme parks which offer total immersion amusements, in which the guests carry out elaborate plots and adventures in live-action roleplaying, interacting with actors, droids, and holos. Quite a few of the Adarlonians have their homes in the parks, and spend much of their waking hours in their roles. The parks’ rules dictate that a person treat other people exactly as if they were the character they were playing at all times.

Looks like WEG pretty accurately described Galaxy's Edge back in 1994.

21 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

It does doesn't it.. maybe Disney read this book and used it as inspiration?

29 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Wait, does it describe the exploitative working conditions of the park employees or how they can barely afford to live & work in the areas outside of the parks?

On 12/22/2020 at 11:03 AM, Nytwyng said:

I tried, can't sign up. I click "join" nothing happens :(

2 hours ago, Exusiai said:

I tried, can't sign up. I click "join" nothing happens :(

You’re not the first to report that. I need to see what troubleshooting exists for it. In the meantime, shoot me your email address in a PM (and username if you want something different), and I can add you in.

4 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

You’re not the first to report that. I need to see what troubleshooting exists for it. In the meantime, shoot me your email address in a PM (and username if you want something different), and I can add you in.

Done

I was having some trouble getting registered on your forums as well, but this morning it has accepted me into the fold. I am Rich.

And here I was about to offer my own forums {Basically its so new that very little, if anything, has happened in it yet} But I see your site has forums included, perhaps I can do a link to the site as a whole ? {Basically a forum that redirects to another location ?} We cvan be forum buddies! Or even part of a network perhaps ?

I hate to see all this work on this thread go to waste

13 minutes ago, Ni Fang said:

And here I was about to offer my own forums {Basically its so new that very little, if anything, has happened in it yet} But I see your site has forums included, perhaps I can do a link to the site as a whole ? {Basically a forum that redirects to another location ?} We cvan be forum buddies! Or even part of a network perhaps ?

I hate to see all this work on this thread go to waste

Feel free to link. And all of the planet pages I’ve done here are available on my site. (I *think* I’ve saved copies of the other people’s pages to my computer, too, just don’t have them on my site.)

On 12/5/2020 at 9:43 PM, Nytwyng said:

No worries. I've started work, but it's on hold while I work on compiling the holiday-themed adventure I ran for my group last year into a document to post. But, to give you a preview of what's in store for the Minos Cluster....

9c0ZqGk.jpg

Sector overview section complete.

Planets section complete.

NPCs/ships section complete.

Currently transcribing the campaign section.

Left to do: correcting a few small errors, then it’ll be ready to post.

Sounds great!

Do you have a single file that compiles all these wonderful planets? I would love to have a copy, but would rather not have individual files for each. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Edgookin said:

Do you have a single file that compiles all these wonderful planets? I would love to have a copy, but would rather not have individual files for each. Thanks!

Not all of them, but all that were posted up to September, 2018. May be time to update it (once I finish End of the Line).

http://myswrpg.com/precise-calculations-a-guide-to-planets/

On 1/9/2021 at 10:21 PM, Nytwyng said:

Sector overview section complete.

Planets section complete.

NPCs/ships section complete.

Currently transcribing the campaign section.

Left to do: correcting a few small errors, then it’ll be ready to post.

In the home stretch now. Just need to compose some fluff text and flavor quotes for the chapter title pages, put together the credits page and back cover text, and run through some quick proofreading. Top priority the next few days, though, is finalizing Sunday’s game session prep.