Planets, planets, and more planets

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 hour ago, Nytwyng said:

Well, I can guarantee that I haven’t made one for it. And I don’t recall seeing anyone else post it (although that doesn’t necessarily mean anything).

I've downloaded all of these and converted the image ones to PDF. I didn't have another Mannan in my folder.

I want to knock up some planet profiles for the adventure module I'm working on.

Is there a template you can share for making these pages @Nytwyng ?

Also, do you use some kind of procedural generation tool to make the planet images or are they just sourced on a case-by-case basis from the Internet?

EDIT: Decided to try and "eyeball" a version of my own. Not sure if you already did Zygerria (I couldn't find it when I skimmed through the thread):

YTli2jB.jpg

Edited by Kualan

Looks good, @Kualan ! No, hadn't done Zygerria. Even if I had, you're hitting a different era than I'm focusing on. And even if I had done a Clone Wars era...who cares? 😁

To answer your question: Planets are pulled using Google-fu as needed (although if I find an image I like that doesn't quite work for the planet I'm working on, I'll still grab it for potential later use). I've seen a software title on Steam that would allow for full customization in creating planet images, and the screenshots look good, but I just can't justify to myself dropping 70 bucks on it.

Looks like you've got yourself a pretty good template, but I can still toss one of the Word docs your way if you like.

Edited by Nytwyng

Oddly enough, being at home full time has made me want to be at the computer working on fun stuff less, because I'm at home, at a computer, working 8 hours a day. But, getting back i the routine....

81i8pOa.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Thanks for the update!

5 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Oddly enough, being at home full time has made me want to be at the computer working on fun stuff less, because I'm at home, at a computer, working 8 hours a day.

I feel completely the same way. I thought I'd have so much more SWRPG stuff (amongst others) completed by now!

Edited by Kualan

The problem for me was transitioning to online play, as I was already spending 40 hours a week juggling multiple streams of information while video chatting with half a dozen people constantly talking over each other. : )

Just a quick question , is there any of these planet infos done yet for Naboo ? Only asking as a campaign I will be starting soonish leads the team there.

I would attempt to make one myself, but not sure on what tools people use ( and my serious lack of talent when Iit comes to these things0.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:03 AM, Racer25 said:

Just a quick question , is there any of these planet infos done yet for Naboo ? Only asking as a campaign I will be starting soonish leads the team there.

I would attempt to make one myself, but not sure on what tools people use ( and my serious lack of talent when Iit comes to these things0.

There is a profile for Naboo in the Rise of the Separatists era sourcebook.

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

There is a profile for Naboo in the Rise of the Separatists era sourcebook.

And for the Rebellion era, there's one in Nexus of Power.

These are awesome.

Has anyone done something similar for space stations?

On 9/1/2016 at 3:46 PM, Nytwyng said:

Over in Absol's predictions thread, a side discussion of making our own planets in FFG's format came up. Here's a handful that I've put together, starting with adapting a few planets from the original Marvel series.

Feel free to contribute, either full-fledged planet write ups or just cool artwork of planets.

Right now, I'm just posting links to the PDF's I've made, because that's the best I can do from my phone at work. When I get home, I'll pretty things up a bit.

Nytwyng,

What, may I ask, would it take to inspire you to do the planets of the Minos Cluster?

9 hours ago, Exusiai said:

Nytwyng,

What, may I ask, would it take to inspire you to do the planets of the Minos Cluster?

It honestly wasn't on my agenda, because someone earlier in the thread had done them. But, in going back to confirm, I see that the link to their doc is dead. So...you've sparked an idea for me. That's enough to inspire me, but it's always helpful (although not required) to donate to mySWRPG to keep the site up and running, and get new production tools for projects. I know money's tight for everyone this year, so if it's not doable, I get it. :)

1 minute ago, Nytwyng said:

It honestly wasn't on my agenda, because someone earlier in the thread had done them. But, in going back to confirm, I see that the link to their doc is dead. So...you've sparked an idea for me. That's enough to inspire me, but it's always helpful (although not required) to donate to mySWRPG to keep the site up and running, and get new production tools for projects. I know money's tight for everyone this year, so if it's not doable, I get it. :)

I get paid Friday, look for something around then.

15 minutes ago, Exusiai said:

I get paid Friday, look for something around then.

Cool. I think you'll like the crazy way of overdoing it that you've sparked in me. 😆

Just now, Nytwyng said:

Cool. I think you'll like the crazy way of overdoing it that you've sparked in me. 😆

So far I absolutely love every single thing that you've done in this thread in considering I'm looking to run amino's cluster campaign I'm absolutely sure that I will love everything you do with it I also sent you an email so if you feel like this is a duplicate I apologize

On 11/29/2020 at 11:41 AM, Exusiai said:

So far I absolutely love every single thing that you've done in this thread in considering I'm looking to run amino's cluster campaign I'm absolutely sure that I will love everything you do with it I also sent you an email so if you feel like this is a duplicate I apologize

No worries. I've started work, but it's on hold while I work on compiling the holiday-themed adventure I ran for my group last year into a document to post. But, to give you a preview of what's in store for the Minos Cluster....

9c0ZqGk.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

No worries. I've started work, but it's on hold while I work on compiling the holiday-themed adventure I ran for my group last year into a document to post. But, to give you a preview of what's in store for the Minos Cluster....

9c0ZqGk.jpg

So, you said something about a donation how does one go about doing that

Edited by Exusiai
2 minutes ago, Exusiai said:

So, you said something about a donation how does one go about doing that

There’s a “donate” button on the main page of mySWRPG.com .

Fortunately, WEG did the heavy lifting. I’m just converting format and stats where appropriate.

3 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

There’s a “donate” button on the main page of mySWRPG.com .

Fortunately, WEG did the heavy lifting. I’m just converting format and stats where appropriate.

Done

18 minutes ago, Exusiai said:

Done

Much appreciated.

On 12/5/2020 at 11:14 PM, Nytwyng said:

Much appreciated.

Are you doing just the systems in the book, or the ones on Wookipedia?

1 hour ago, Exusiai said:

Are you doing just the systems in the book, or the ones on Wookipedia?

I'm transcribing and converting the three Cluster chapters from GG6 (the overview of the Cluster, the planets with sheets and accompanying larger write-ups, and the NPCs). From there, I'll see how it looks before squeezing in anything else.

@Nytwyng Are you still doing planet requests?