Planets, planets, and more planets

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I haven’t included that particular info because it’s not on the FFG sheets that I’m emulating.

1 minute ago, Nytwyng said:

I haven’t included that particular info because it’s not on the FFG sheets that I’m emulating.

True. But it is REALLY useful to know where a planet is on the map :)

7 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

True. But it is REALLY useful to know where a planet is on the map :)

Which is why I add them to the electronic map I use. 😜

Since most of the planets I write up are “official,” new additions that come along from the movies, etc, I just eyeball and drop in using maps from the Visual Guides, etc (which tend to not use the grid system). For my original planets, well...sometimes I have to move them. (For example, I had to move Crysium from one side of the galaxy to the other, because Wild Space didn’t put them near the borders of where I’d carved out space for the Holy Church of the Instrumentality, and that made the Church’s crusade against them much less urgent. So over to the edge of the Unknown Regions it went.)

I love the planet write ups and the artwork. 🥰
And although they look amazing, they are not very printer-friendly...
I would love to see a printer-friendly version, without the black background (but still with the colourful planets) and black writing instead. Unfortunately I lack the Software to do this. Anyone up to the task? 😃

5 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Which is why I add them to the electronic map I use. 😜

Since most of the planets I write up are “official,” new additions that come along from the movies, etc, I just eyeball and drop in using maps from the Visual Guides, etc (which tend to not use the grid system). For my original planets, well...sometimes I have to move them. (For example, I had to move Crysium from one side of the galaxy to the other, because Wild Space didn’t put them near the borders of where I’d carved out space for the Holy Church of the Instrumentality, and that made the Church’s crusade against them much less urgent. So over to the edge of the Unknown Regions it went.)

Electronic map??

52 minutes ago, Exusiai said:

Electronic map??

Made by someone else. Pulled it many years ago, but it’s still one of the more popular ones out there. I just edit it for myself, adding my homebrew planets and any new canon planets that are given map locations.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

Made by someone else. Pulled it many years ago, but it’s still one of the more popular ones out there. I just edit it for myself, adding my homebrew planets and any new canon planets that are given map locations.

I think it's quite possible I have the same map then

1 hour ago, Exusiai said:

I think it's quite possible I have the same map then

it is 2.1 currently

On 12/18/2016 at 12:41 PM, Nytwyng said:

Is there a Post Rogue One update?

19 hours ago, Daeglan said:

So I realized there is a peice of data that is missing from all of these. Can you include what grid square they are in?

NOTE: there is no official grid location for Crait, so I put it in the Minos Cluster, because I LOVE the Minos Cluster

SYSTEM

GRID
Aduba-3 U11
Arbra N17
Arda I Q6
Batuu G15
Bespin K18
Cholganna T5
Christophis Q16
Crait M20
Dac (Mon Cal) U6
Dagobah M19
Drexel Q18
Eadu U10
Eriadu M18
Geonosis R16
Golrath O17
Hoth K18
Jagomir Q5
Kessel T10
Kintan S9
Klatooine S9
Krakes-Planet P7
Lok Q17
Malachor S4
Mandalore O7
Monastery Q14
Moraband (Korriban) R5
Mustafar L19
Muunilinst K4
Nal Hutta S12
Nar Shadda S12
Ord Radama Q5
Ossus R6
Port Haven L6
Rattatak H16
Raxus Prime S5
Rodia R16
Ryloth R17
Scarif S15
Serenno P5
Skye H19
Socorro O17
Sriluur S8
Sullust M17
Taris N7
Tatooine R16
Vodran S9
Yavin IV P6
Ylesia T12
Zeltros O10
1 hour ago, Exusiai said:

NOTE: there is no official grid location for Crait, so I put it in the Minos Cluster, because I LOVE the Minos Cluster

SYSTEM

GRID
Aduba-3 U11
Arbra N17
Arda I Q6
Batuu G15
Bespin K18
Cholganna T5
Christophis Q16
Crait M20
Dac (Mon Cal) U6
Dagobah M19
Drexel Q18
Eadu U10
Eriadu M18
Geonosis R16
Golrath O17
Hoth K18
Jagomir Q5
Kessel T10
Kintan S9
Klatooine S9
Krakes-Planet P7
Lok Q17
Malachor S4
Mandalore O7
Monastery Q14
Moraband (Korriban) R5
Mustafar L19
Muunilinst K4
Nal Hutta S12
Nar Shadda S12
Ord Radama Q5
Ossus R6
Port Haven L6
Rattatak H16
Raxus Prime S5
Rodia R16
Ryloth R17
Scarif S15
Serenno P5
Skye H19
Socorro O17
Sriluur S8
Sullust M17
Taris N7
Tatooine R16
Vodran S9
Yavin IV P6
Ylesia T12
Zeltros O10

Thank you

On 1/13/2020 at 9:37 AM, GM Fred said:

I love the planet write ups and the artwork. 🥰
And although they look amazing, they are not very printer-friendly...
I would love to see a printer-friendly version, without the black background (but still with the colourful planets) and black writing instead. Unfortunately I lack the Software to do this. Anyone up to the task? 😃

I have the original word docs used to create the three I made from WEGs No Disintegrations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hb26rw9f1l0eqv/Dalos IV.docx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv4wxlesw2fwfbe/Emmer.docx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59oulcsu2h82hyc/Reapers World.docx?dl=0

Just remove the background (its probably Grouped) and change the font color.

13 hours ago, punisher5150 said:

I have the original word docs used to create the three I made from WEGs No Disintegrations.

Thank you, docs I can work with! Much appreciated!

I've scanned through, but didn't see... has anyone done Elrrod sector yet?

I am so looking forward to this compendium. This is going to be a great resource.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:20 AM, Exusiai said:

SYSTEM

GRID
Aduba-3 U11
Arbra N17
Arda I Q6
Batuu G15
Bespin K18
Cholganna T5
Christophis Q16
Crait M20
Dac (Mon Cal) U6
Dagobah M19
Drexel Q18
Eadu U10
Eriadu M18
Geonosis R16
Golrath O17
Hoth K18
Jagomir Q5
Kessel T10
Kintan S9
Klatooine S9
Krakes-Planet P7
Lok Q17
Malachor S4
Mandalore O7
Monastery Q14
Moraband (Korriban) R5
Mustafar L19
Muunilinst K4
Nal Hutta S12
Nar Shadda S12
Ord Radama Q5
Ossus R6
Port Haven L6
Rattatak H16
Raxus Prime S5
Rodia R16
Ryloth R17
Scarif S15
Serenno P5
Skye H19
Socorro O17
Sriluur S8
Sullust M17
Taris N7
Tatooine R16
Vodran S9
Yavin IV P6
Ylesia T12
Zeltros O10

So the new visual dictionary has Crait on it near D'Qar

On 1/14/2020 at 2:36 AM, Exusiai said:

Is there a Post Rogue One update?

Judging by that tiny but noticeable crater in the upper-mid section, I'd presume so.

(Suppose Tarkin wanted an even more precise strike even when compared to Jedha, I figure.)

33 minutes ago, Voltron64 said:

Judging by that tiny but noticeable crater in the upper-mid section, I'd presume so.

That would be the shield gate. 😁

First try. I want to do this for the campaign I'm running.

ROK.JPG

Ring of Kafrene PDF

Edited by Mistervimes
23 minutes ago, Mistervimes said:

First try. I want to do this for the campaign I'm running.

ROK.JPG

Ring of Kafrene.pdf Unavailable

the pdf says unavailable

7 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

the pdf says unavailable

Tried to do it as an attachment. Changed the link to my web server. It appears to work now. Thank you.

Thought I'd already posted this one. A custom piece for @AdmiralAlice

Wsaon0k.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng
Correction to orbital metrics.
On 2/8/2020 at 10:06 AM, Nytwyng said:

Thought I'd already posted this one. A custom piece for @AdmiralAlice

kvsuFSW.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Just a quick correction. Elshandru Pica only has a 26 hour day, not 27 hours. The 27th Hour club gets its name from the joke that it's open longer than there are hours in a day. As the original Source says,(to paraphrase) the club is open 27 hours a day, "not bad for a planet with only a 26 hour day." It's like the Beatles Song, 8 days a week .

44 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Just a quick correction. Elshandru Pica only has a 26 hour day, not 27 hours. The 27th Hour club gets its name from the joke that it's open longer than there are hours in a day. As the original Source says,(to paraphrase) the club is open 27 hours a day, "not bad for a planet with only a 26 hour day." It's like the Beatles Song, 8 days a week .

Good to know. On this one, I was just trimming and formatting data that was provided to me. I'll be sure to get it updated on the next pass.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

Good to know. On this one, I was just trimming and formatting data that was provided to me. I'll be sure to get it updated on the next pass.

Yep. Here's the exact quote from the section on the 27th Hour Social Club on page 42-43 of Fragments from the Rim :

The club's name derives from the fact that it never seems to have less than 150 patrons, much less never closes: the place literally parties 27 hours a day (not bad for a planet with a 26 hour day).