Planets, planets, and more planets

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Any chance of rolling it all up into a single PDF? (or did I miss that option to download somewhere?)

And it's awesome! :)

Makes more sense not to. As as planets get added you would have to insert them in which would be a headache. on the other hand you will likely add them to a 3 ring binder so print and slip into sheet protectors.

Any chance of rolling it all up into a single PDF? (or did I miss that option to download somewhere?)

Makes more sense not to. As as planets get added you would have to insert them in which would be a headache. on the other hand you will likely add them to a 3 ring binder so print and slip into sheet protectors.

There are those of us who have gone digital as much as possible... At least for GM'ing...

There are those of us who have gone digital as much as possible... At least for GM'ing...

I've gone back and forth about putting it all in a single PDF, with that back and forth being for pretty much the reasons given for both sides here. ;) Since it's most certainly a growing document, I think it's safe to say that the "full" document would not be updated each time I post a new planet; probably something along the lines of once a month (assuming new planet posts in between them). And, I'd probably be more likely to do it once I get my SWRPG site up and running in the next few weeks.

Not to mention it is pretty easy for one to combine them your self if that is what you want. The tools are avaiable.

Between Empire and Jedi, the Rebels established a new base on Arbra, home to the energy-eating, telepathic "bunnies," the Hoojibs.

TR9aCDe.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Long before there was Mustafar, there was Golrath, very briefly the home of a Rebel base following the Battle of Hoth.

eir4Kbu.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng
Updated planet sheet/download

Another one of mine. Labyrinth, a super-high security Imperial prison planet.

1beMGpS.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Not a planet, per se, but another one of my own.

It's named here as Imperial Hub Station K218 or Estarcion Outpost, but it really has its origins as Liberty Station. Liberty was a location created for our short-lived New Jedi Order campaign, that was a continuation of our long-running GCW-era campaign. My character was the commander of a vaguely DS9-ish station called Liberty Station, whose destruction by the Yuzzhan Vong was part of the kickoff of the campaign. In designing Liberty Station, I reverse-engineered its history, explaining why the New Republic was in control. The space station from Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes remake was used for the station, and its design suggested origins with the Trade Federation.

At the point of my current campaign, though, it's still Imperial Hub K218. We may or may not ever get there, but I like having the place around.

k2iu0BL.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Yoink!

Nice work Nytwyng, can I ask, where do you get your artwork from for the planets and station? they are awesome.

If you have a template for the background and layout, is there any chance you could post it ?

Nice work Nytwyng, can I ask, where do you get your artwork from for the planets and station? they are awesome.

If you have a template for the background and layout, is there any chance you could post it ?

The artwork comes from using Google-fu, especiallly for my own locations. ;) Most of the planets that I'm writing up from other sources (like the Marvel series) have images at Wookipedia, so I just tinker with them in Photoshop to make them a little more seamless with the page. For the rest, I just Google terms like "barren planet," "temperate planet," "water planet," etc. I usually find several good ones per search and snag 'em all for later use. The station was a more specific search, since I knew it was from *shudder* Tim Burton's 2001 Planet of the Apes remake.

Making a mental note to put together either a template package or similar when I get home to (shameless plug) post on mySWRPG.com and link here. ;)

Edited by Nytwyng

This is incredible, certainly helps me out.

So if you have listened to the Dice for bains podcast, "which you should if you haven't", you should do a planet write up on Bava from the podcast.

Edited by SavagePanda

Between Empire and Jedi, the Rebels established a new base on Arbra, home to the energy-eating, telepathic "bunnies," the Hoojibs.

LEsDi3F.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Has anyone done stats for the Hoojibs?

So if you have listened to the Dice for bains podcast, "which you should if you haven't", you should do a planet write up on Bava from the podcast.

Yeah, “dice for bains” is very important. Those bains are very tasty. ;)

Ever thought of 'converting' some of the planets from SWTOR?

Ever thought of 'converting' some of the planets from SWTOR?

I'd need the reference info for them. I haven't touched that game in a couple of years. It never really grabbed me overmuch.

As I do a little more work on my Lords of the Expanse conversion, here's a little taste...

bcZh5JO.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Another original. A world lost to legend some 4500 years ago, and supposedly the site of a fabled treasure. One of my players is currently chasing the treasure. I'm thinking that, as I finish working out the storyline for her quest for the treasure, I may compile it into a smallish adventure module to make available. But, I wouldn't dream of putting it out there til that storyline is done so none of my group sees it before playing it. :)

FU5166J.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

Another original. A world lost to legend some 4500 years ago, and supposedly the site of a fabled treasure. One of my players is currently chasing the treasure. I'm thinking that, as I finish working out the storyline for her quest for the treasure, I may compile it into a smallish adventure module to make available. But, I wouldn't dream of putting it out there til that storyline is done so none of my group sees it before playing it. :)

Downloadable PDF

Okay... you piqued my interest. What's the Treasure?

With some of my players perusing the boards, that's under wraps til when/if they get there.

With some of my players perusing the boards, that's under wraps til when/if they get there.

Completely understandable. Great work on the write-ups by the way.

Thanks.

And, once they reach that point, I'll be sure to post details of the treasure.

What would you think about creating worlds from the old Droids cartoon?

I'd just need some reference for them.