Planets, planets, and more planets

By Nytwyng, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

A custom piece for Sharatec

EiXcTOw.jpg

Downloadable PDF

This is a very cool thread.

I'll see if I can format some of my own planets this way and post them!

From the original Marvel Star Wars Annual #1, I bring you Skye, the home of the winged S'kytri (and a story note made before ESB that required a bit of retcon juggling by the powers that be to reconcile).

I'm also working on some stats for the S'kytri as a player species that I hope to post soon. Being my first stab at creating a player species, I'll welcome any feedback.

xv2uyG1.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng

This is a fantastic resource.

Thank you.

Another original. A world lost to legend some 4500 years ago, and supposedly the site of a fabled treasure. One of my players is currently chasing the treasure. I'm thinking that, as I finish working out the storyline for her quest for the treasure, I may compile it into a smallish adventure module to make available. But, I wouldn't dream of putting it out there til that storyline is done so none of my group sees it before playing it. :)

Downloadable PDF

Okay... you piqued my interest. What's the Treasure?

OK, so that subplot got completed today, so it's finally time to answer your question.

I'm working on writing the whole thing up to post as an adventure for others to use, but here's the short version:

After chasing a series of MacGuffins, they located the coordinates for Crysium. On the planet they found and entered a large, hidden vault. Very large.

In the vault were suspension capsules containing the former Majester's son, 2 daughters, and two young grandsons, roughly a thousand of the planet's top bio-scientists, and millions of samples of DNA, designed to rebuild Crysian civilization. There were also samples of Crysian art, literature, and music.

Another original. A world lost to legend some 4500 years ago, and supposedly the site of a fabled treasure. One of my players is currently chasing the treasure. I'm thinking that, as I finish working out the storyline for her quest for the treasure, I may compile it into a smallish adventure module to make available. But, I wouldn't dream of putting it out there til that storyline is done so none of my group sees it before playing it. :)

Downloadable PDF

OK, so that subplot got completed today, so it's finally time to answer your question.

I'm working on writing the whole thing up to post as an adventure for others to use, but here's the short version:

After chasing a series of MacGuffins, they located the coordinates for Crysium. On the planet they found and entered a large, hidden vault. Very large.

In the vault were suspension capsules containing the former Majester's son, 2 daughters, and two young grandsons, roughly a thousand of the planet's top bio-scientists, and millions of samples of DNA, designed to rebuild Crysian civilization. There were also samples of Crysian art, literature, and music.

Sweet. That's a great treasure that isn't treasure per se. With my luck, my group would burn down the vault before getting any use out of it :rolleyes:

Downloadable PDF

Sweet. That's a great treasure that isn't treasure per se. With my luck, my group would burn down the vault before getting any use out of it :rolleyes:

That "treasure that isn't a treasure" was exactly what I was going for. The character who was primarily chasing the treasure is a con artist/thief in the mold of YoSaffBridge from Firefly. So, I didn't want there to be a huge monetary windfall (they already got that from me/their smuggling contact way overpaying them for the first couple of shipments of a new spice to get it circulating).

All in all, it worked out well, including the final MacGuffin stop taking them to Jedha with a need to get into the Temple of the Whills just 15-20 minutes before Imperial forces got a sudden call to evacuate Jedha City. As they flew away, an odd metal sphere positioned itself in orbit over the city and fired a green blast....

So, yeah...I was sitting up late this week, and caught the repeats of both parts of "Ghosts of Geonosis."

EXUEK33.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Edited by Nytwyng
On March 4, 2017 at 11:13 AM, Nytwyng said:

So, yeah...I was sitting up late this week, and caught the repeats of both parts of "Ghosts of Geonosis."

EXUEK33.jpg

Hmm. Is there a PDF version of this file that I could snarf? :D

1 hour ago, bradknowles said:

Hmm. Is there a PDF version of this file that I could snarf? :D

There is. I just plain forgot to link it. Thanks for the catch! It's there now.

2 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

There is. I just plain forgot to link it. Thanks for the catch! It's there now.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

On 18/12/2016 at 5:39 PM, Nytwyng said:

Wonder what Jedha's post Death Star future is like?

Post Acpocapylse wasteland with the atmosphere thrashed? Or simple a world with a huge wound on it and possible kyber crystals lying about all over?

Was the main city's destruction a major disturbance in the Force too?

Thanks for all these, grat work :)

Here is my Imperial Prison planet Aldan

Click here for PDF

Aldan-sm.jpg

Edited by Ogrebear

Janiel III was a nice little backwater Imperial planet my players used to get their 'acquired' ship's registry changed.

Download the PDF here

Janiel-III.jpg

Edited by Ogrebear

Jangalore is the planet my players are currently based from.

Click here for PDF

Jangalore.jpg

Edited by Ogrebear

Thanks to busy time at work (including travel to work conferences twice in the space of two weeks) and a big con in town, the planets and other side projects have been progressing slowly. But, here's an original planet that my group will be going to in our next session.

dvX9rzO.jpg

Downloadable PDF

I don't suppose anyone has come up with a sheet like this for Onderon, have they? Mine looks somewhat akin to the work of a five year old with bad art skills compared to what I see here, so I thought I'd ask.

3 hours ago, CGJackson said:

I don't suppose anyone has come up with a sheet like this for Onderon, have they? Mine looks somewhat akin to the work of a five year old with bad art skills compared to what I see here, so I thought I'd ask.

You know, for some reason, I though there was one in an FFG book. I guess not. So...

25LGvfV.jpg

Downloadable PDF

Nytwyng, you are truly a golden God!

On 3/28/2017 at 0:50 PM, blittlepage said:

The first stop in our Unknown Regions campaign was on Qoribu, a gas giant with fifty-five moons.

Qoribu is Legends, having appeared in the Star Wars Atlas, I think.

But we expanded on what we found there.

Qoribu:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dywz54qft9jmkgv/Qoribu Planet Profile.pdf?dl=0

Qoribu's moons:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0evvdhf4cp32tk1/The Moons of Qoribu.pdf?dl=0

I particularly like the effect of the "sparks" flying around behind the text.

Glad to do it, CG. I'd actually thought of putting that one together before, but I swear I remembered seeing one in an actual FFG book. When I saw your post, I looked through all of my printed copies and saw it wasn't there, so...there it is. :)