The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Just wanted to say keep up the good work, i thoroughly enjoy watching your videos every day.

Glad you're enjoying them! I'm happy to oblige.

Today, I'm pleased to present a special collaboration with the First Planet Podcast​! In this video, Scott Armstrong takes up the reigns of one of our more difficult to pilot warlords - Torquemada Coteaz - and walks us through his thought process mid-match against John Wesley's Nazdreg. Like this style of video, and want to see more? Let me know in the comments! But in any case, enjoy.

Hey Hive Tyrant

Just wanted to say am literally just getting into this game in the last week or so and your tutorial video was invaluable to me! Vastly enjoying watching your other vids too. Keep up the good work!

Hey Hive Tyrant

Just wanted to say am literally just getting into this game in the last week or so and your tutorial video was invaluable to me! Vastly enjoying watching your other vids too. Keep up the good work!

That's awesome! Welcome to the game, and I'm extremely glad to hear you found it useful! I'll share your comment with Sam Mann (the dude who helped me make the vid), because he'd be overjoyed to hear we're helping people out. Take care, good buddy! And look forward to much, much more stuff to come!

The fourth season of Sam Mann's Conquest LCG OCTGN tournament has yet to reveal its champion, but there never fails to be incredible matches along the way. As players vie with one another for glory, eventually, the tourney becomes single-elimination, and each individual match means everything is on the line.

So, I therefore cannot encourage you enough to check out my very own "Top 16" match, the winner of whom would advance to the "Top 8" of the league (3 games from the championship). Please enjoy The Hive Tyrant himself versus OCTGN user redi_spades, in the Ragnar mirror match of the century!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Do join me, in a bit of review and reflection! Available for purchase well before I started playing Conquest, here's taking a look at the contents of our second War Pack - The Scourge. For new players, this may help guide your purchase decisions, whereas for veterans, it's never a bad idea to reassess older cards to consider if they have a place in our current meta - plus, I may have a bit of unique perspective. In any case, enjoy The Hive Tyrant's take on "The Scourge!"
The Scourge - War Pack Review

Note: this upcoming Wednesday, I'll be taking a flight to Roseville, MN to observe the upcoming 2015 Conquest LCG World Championship. As a result, my social media access will be irregular at best; however, I've nevertheless managed to prepare a video to post each and every day while I'm gone! So, to always be notified of my latest content, be sure to subscribe to The Hive Tyrant on YouTube , and follow the Hive Tyrant on Facebook !

Do join me, in a bit of review and reflection! Available for purchase well before I started playing Conquest, here's taking a look at the contents of our second War Pack - The Scourge. For new players, this may help guide your purchase decisions, whereas for veterans, it's never a bad idea to reassess older cards to consider if they have a place in our current meta - plus, I may have a bit of unique perspective. In any case, enjoy The Hive Tyrant's take on "The Scourge!"
The Scourge - War Pack Review

Note: this upcoming Wednesday, I'll be taking a flight to Roseville, MN to observe the upcoming 2015 Conquest LCG World Championship. As a result, my social media access will be irregular at best; however, I've nevertheless managed to prepare a video to post each and every day while I'm gone! So, to always be notified of my latest content, be sure to subscribe to The Hive Tyrant on YouTube , and follow the Hive Tyrant on Facebook !

I watched this last night as I just bought this pack (it's the only one that my preferred FLGS doesn't have in stock at the moment so I paid RRP for it at my less-preferred one) I hadn't even considered the way that the nurglings would interact so thanks for addressing that in such detail

The more I look at this game, the deeper it seems to be. So much to learn.

Not a problem blagmasterg! Ku'gath's Nurglings are a fascinating bit of a rules interaction - my personal favorite is how Eldorath Starbane, Ragnar Blackmane, Blackmane's Hunt, and Foresight all work together, timing-wise.

The Conquest LCG 2015 World Championship is only a few days away, and I begin my trek to Roseville, MN in just 16 hours time! So, why not celebrate the excitement of our upcoming event with - you guessed it - another spectacular video!? A tremendous thanks to proper sir Alexander Cimadon for providing still more live-action gameplay footage. Please join me in watching a fantastic match pitting Colonel Straken (Sebastian Freiding) against Ragnar Blackmane! Enjoy :D

My apologies for not keeping this thread better updated, but I've now officially returned from Roseville, MN! The 2015 Conquest LCG World Championship is over, and Varun Khetarpal is our new World Champion. What an amazing event!

In any case, though, today's video is going to be a little later than usual. Still, in the meantime, why not enjoy an interview I did with Varun Khetarpal, well before he became Conquest LCG 2015 World Champion? One of my earlier videos, it's the Packmaster Kith Community Spotlight! Enjoy - and think about how far my channel has come, since back then!
Ack! It looks like I forgot to make the following video public, while I was out of the state :( - all the same, I'm pleased to present you with another thrilling video. After our biggest Conquest LCG event of the year, why not check out The Hive Tyrant's latest match in Sam Mann's Conquest LCG OCTGN "WAAAGH!!!" competitive league?

This time, I play against Corvus - the season 3 champion - for a position in the "Top 4" of the league. Can my Ragnar hope to survive the brutality of his Packmaster Kith? Tune in to find out! :D

Has anyone seen the results of the 2015 World Championships yet online?

Has anyone seen the results of the 2015 World Championships yet online?

bracket.jpg

Mere hours before I began my journey to travel to the Conquest LCG 2015 World Championship event held in Roseville, Minnesota, The Warhammer 40K ConQast​ unveiled two upcoming "Decree of Ruin" card spoilers! So, with my enthusiasm for Conquest now stronger than ever, what better time than the present to assess both of our new cards? So I hope you join me in taking a look at both the Stalking Ur-Ghul and Holding Cell. Enjoy!

Deleted. Mistake in the video, need to edit prior to reposting.

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
After some "user error" this morning, the day's video has been re-uploaded and is finally live! As my reservoir of unpublished videos prepares to run dry, I hope you nevertheless enjoy another great matching pitting Ragnar Blackmane (Alexander Cimadon), against Old Zogwort (Troels Berthelsen). Enjoy!

Hi Mitch,

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/191108-situational-timing-question/

Looks like you were spot on about the nurgling timing after all :)

Yeah, I ensured that I had the correct interpretation of that rules interaction, per the discussion of said effect on CardgameDB. They have a guy named PBrennan there who is FFG's Conquest LCG editor, so he fields a bunch of rules quandaries. Great guy.

Today, I'm honored to present an interview with the gentleman who took 2nd place during our recent 2015 World Championship - none other than our very own Seth Rosen, who nearly took the title with a powerhouse of a Ragnar Blackmane deck. A great guy in person, and an enormously talented player. Don't miss this interview!

Hi Mitch,

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/191108-situational-timing-question/

Yeah, I ensured that I had the correct interpretation of that rules interaction, per the discussion of said effect on CardgameDB. They have a guy named PBrennan there who is FFG's Conquest LCG editor, so he fields a bunch of rules quandaries. Great guy.

Ran into some interpretation/translation issues myself due to English not being the native language over here in NL.

Luckely it seems to be all resolved/cleared up now.

Finally can focus on perfecting my Aun'shi deck now, which is turning out to be one of the most Fun Warlords out of the lot.

It has a nice Warlord Hunter theme with some crazy shenanigans.

Edited by Ash_Durant

Hi Mitch,

Ran into some interpretation/translation issues myself due to English not being the native language over here in NL.

Luckely it seems to be all resolved/cleared up now.

Finally can focus on perfecting my Aun'shi deck now, which is turning out to be one of the most Fun Warlords out of the lot.

It has a nice Warlord Hunter theme with some crazy shenanigans.

Glad it has all been cleared up! Back when I played the Lord of the Rings LCG, in one of my card review videos, it inspired a discussion/argument that ultimately resulted in finding a translation error on a card. It turns out that the translated card wasn't able to do something that the English version was. We live in a fascinating world!

During this past weekend, were you one of the countless people cheering for Nazdreg to win the 2015 Conquest LCG World Championship, and bring glory to our under-represented Ork faction? Well, then be sure not to miss a fantastic interview with the the Warboss himself - Elliott Dawson, who took the Orks to the Top 4 of worlds!

This was a great interview with an awesome guy, so I hope you enjoy it! More worlds coverage still to come ;)

It's Friday, so why not treat yourself? Today, I'm pleased to have the opportunity to share an incredible match played between Guy Lev and Travis McDaniel - featuring none other than Commander Starblaze and Broderick Worr, from the ucoming Decree of Ruin war pack! Not only are both warlords intriguing to watch, but this was one hell of a game. Enjoy!

Thanks to the boundless generosity of our community, I recently attended the 2015 Conquest LCG World Championship event - and alongside Sam Mann, John Gobeil, and countless others, I had an amazing time. So, to celebrate and provide a retrospective regarding the weekend's events, be sure not to miss the second installment of The Tyrantcast. Enjoy!

This Sunday, two titans clash! It's meta versus counter-meta, as Travis McDaniel's Zarathur seeks to bring down the Packmaster Kith of recently crowned 2015 Dutch National Champion, Dan Jung! I hope you enjoy another spectacular game between two rather talented players, but in any case, have a great weekend!