The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Hello, potential viewers! And welcome to yet another Warhammer 40,000: Conquest... series of video (and now audio !) productions. My name is Mitch, and I am " The Hive Tyrant ."

As of May 26, 2015, I began a YouTube channel with the intent to cover anything and everything related to Conquest. Seeing as how I've now fully completed my in-depth analysis, overview and discussion of all of the cards and content of the Core set, I figured I should clean up the existing thread I'd been posting to and rebuild, from the ground up, something much more pleasant in both an aesthetic and user-friendliness sense.

If you're new to my channel, then welcome! And I wholeheartedly recommend you take a look at the content I've made thus far - plus, if you see something missing that you'd like to see, I'm always very open to suggestions from the community. I can only stand to improve with the receipt of input from people like you!

Or, if you're a returning viewer and already know what to expect, then press on and know that I'm almost certainly hard at work in producing the next bit of content to come.

To navigate to a specific video series I've produced, please see the post below:

Edited by TheHiveTyrant

Updated June 25, 2016

Social Media and Resources:
The Hive Tyrant on YouTube (Video)
The Hive Tyrant on SoundCloud (Audio)

Facebook ; Twitter ; [email protected]
Now available on iTunes!

Want to support The Hive Tyrant? Visit my Patreon !
Curious to know more about me? Check out my Question and Answer Videos !

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Complete Tutorial and How to Play Guide - featuring Sam Mann

The Lore of Warhammer 40,000 - Conquest Community Spotlight

THE TYRANTCAST (Biweekly Podcast):

* COMMENTATED GAMEPLAY *
OCTGN Gameplay (Master Playlist)
Traditional Gameplay (Master Playlist)

*Looking for videos featuring a specific Warlord? Use CTRL + F to search*

Space Marines:
Captain Cato Sicarius ; Ragnar Blackmane ; Chaplain Mavros ; Epistolary Vezuel

Astra Militarum: Colonel Straken ; Torquemada Coteaz ; Broderick Worr ; Grigory Maksim
Orks: Nazdreg ; Old Zogwort ; Gorzod
Chaos: Zarathur, High Sorcerer ; Ku'gath Plaguefather ; Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound ; Vha'shaelhur
Dark Eldar: Packmaster Kith ; Urien Rakarth ; Archon Salaine Morn
Eldar: Eldorath Starbane ; Baharroth ; Talyesin Fharenal ; Jain Zar
Tau: Commander Shadowsun ; Aun'shi ; Commander Starblaze
Tyranids: "Old One Eye" ; "The Swarmlord" ; "Subject: Ω-X62113"
Necrons: Anrakyr the Traveller ; Nahumekh ; Illuminor Szeras

Community Spotlight Master Playlist (Interview Series):
A series of interviews in which tournament champions and prominent members of the Warhammer 40,000: Conquest community talk in-depth strategy and provide advice for how to play their favorite factions and Warlords.

Planetfall Cycle Narrative
Dramatized readings of the story inserts included within the Planetfall Cycle of War Packs.

Card Evaluations and Reviews (Warlord Cycle, The Great Devourer, and the Core Set):
Detailed analyses and overviews of the contents of the Core Set, each War Pack of the Warlord Cycle, as well as The Great Devourer Deluxe Expansion for Warhammer 40,000: Conquest.

Conquest Community Contests (Inactive)
Deck Deconstruction Series (Discontinued)
News and Previews from Fantasy Flight Games (Discontinued)

Feedback, comments, and constructive criticism are always welcome, and be sure to suggest what kind of content you'd like to see coming out of this channel! Thanks for watching.

Edited by TheHiveTyrant

A new video has arrived! Be sure to check out my rather thorough overview of Ragnar Blackmane , along with his associated signature squad! Enjoy ^_^

Looking for a bit of entertainment, this Friday afternoon or evening? Well, search no further, because the latest video is now live! Be sure to kick back and enjoy a cordial conversation and in-depth, strategy-centric analysis of Eldorath Starbane with none other than Regional tournament winning, and Conquest Facebook group moderating, John Gobeil!

If you decide to take a look, I very much hope you enjoy it.

- featuring John Gobeil Edited by TheHiveTyrant

Sorry to bump in, but what is the Conquest Facebook page?

Sorry to bump in, but what is the Conquest Facebook page?

Not a problem at all. We've recently tried to consolidate everyone to this Warhammer 40,000: Conquest Facebook group .

Know anyone that likes Tyranids ?

Well, after recording a couple hours of raw audio when our latest article was hot off the digital presses (and then spending about 15 hours editing it all together yesterday, dear lord), the latest video is now live! That makes three videos in three days!

Be sure to check out:

For the sake of long-term channel sustainability, I've slowed my content train ever so slightly this week, but I'm nevertheless quite pleased to release a new interview!

I strongly encourage you to check out a recent, excellent discussion I had with one of the two co-hosts of the First Planet podcast! It's my:

Community Spotlight: Ragnar Blackmane - featuring Scott Armstrong

Go give it a listen! And if you didn't manage to catch Episode 17 of the First Planet podcast, yours truly happens to be one of the guest hosts!

Another interview is live! This time, I have a great discussion with Varun Khetarpal - the 2015 UK National Champion - about the infamous Packmaster Kith! Be sure to give it a gander, and I hope you enjoy it!

Community Spotlight: Packmaster Kith - featuring Varun Khetarpal

Ugh, at the rate you produce videos I'm gonna have to "come down with something" and miss a day of work to watch all this.

great job on them all so far.

Ugh, at the rate you produce videos I'm gonna have to "come down with something" and miss a day of work to watch all this.

great job on them all so far.

Why thank you! And to think that I've slowed my rate of putting them out, lately! ;)

Be sure to don your anti-gravity wing-suit and unholster your lasblaster, because a new interview is now live! This time, I have a lovely chat with Brian of First Planet Podcast fame about none other than everyone's favorite Eldar Swooping Hawk warlord. Check it out!

Community Spotlight: Baharroth - featuring Brian Ruptash

Yet another entry in the community spotlight series is now available for your listening pleasure! This time, I met up with Tobin from the Traxis Sector War Cast, and we had a fun, informative discussion about one of his favorite Warlords - our premiere Astra Militarum commander (and perhaps, unfairly maligned?), Colonel Straken! I very much hope you enjoy it, and as ever, more to come soon!

Community Spotlight: Colonel Straken - featuring Tobin Lopes

The latest community spotlight is uploaded and live! Featuring none other than The Tactical Squad podcast' s own Elizabeth Malette, I very much hope you enjoy an engaging and lively discussion about our original Tau warlord. Be sure to check out:

Community Spotlight: Commander Shadowsun - featuring Elizabeth Malette

Yet another spotlight has arrived! This time, I interview none other than Ork-enthusiast Charles Smith, from The Warhammer 40k ConQast podcast, which results in quite possibly the most entertaining discussion of my series to date. Be sure to check it out, and let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy it, and in any case, have a great weekend.

- featuring Charles Smith

Greetings, everyone! I'm pleased to announce that today, not just one, but two brand-new videos are now live and available for your viewing pleasure. Do be sure to check out my latest projects! They are:

Community Spotlight: Torquemada Coteaz - featuring none other than these forums' very own Paul Steiner! Creator of the Conquest game results statistical database.

and...

Venomthrope Polluter! - The Great Devourer Preview, which covers our latest Tyranid spoiler, a synapse unit revealed just this afternoon by folks at The Tactical Squad podcast.

I very much hope you enjoy these, and have a lovely start of the week, everyone!

Boom! A new community spotlight is now live, and if there were a single entry in the entire series to catch thus far, this controversial episode might just be the one to see. This time, Eric Keilback, aka "Whiteblade" on our forums, strives to make a compelling argument in defense of his favorite, albeit much-maligned, Dark Eldar warlord - Urien Rakarth! I cannot encourage you enough to check out this very entertaining interview, and I hope you enjoy it!

Community Spotlight: Urien Rakarth - featuring Eric Keilback

Seeing as how Wednesday is nearly everyone's favorite day of the week, why not celebrate the occasion with the latest community spotlight, featuring none other than everyone's favorite Warlord?

This time, it's Old Zogwort's time to shine! I very much hope you enjoy my latest production - an interview with Jeremy Goniea, better known as the user "Blacklanner" of CardGameDB !

Community Spotlight: Old Zogwort - featuring Jeremy Goniea

With Gen Con imminent, what better way to get in the spirit of the Conquest LCG 2015 North American Championship tournament than to watch a brand-new interview with none other than Davis Kingsley, who took 2nd place during last year's Warhammer 40,000: Conquest World Championship?

Please join me for my very latest, and perhaps greatest community spotlight yet - an interview with a world-class player about our enormously competitive Space Marine warlord, Captain Cato Sicarius!

Community Spotlight: Captain Cato Sicarius - featuring Davis Kingsley

Good to see you are still around. Missed you when you stopped being co-host ;) awesome videos. Keep it up but don't wear yourself out.

It's official! As of this morning, at Gen Con 2015, The Great Devourer is now finally available for the consumption of convention attendees! Curious to see a complete, high-quality slideshow of all of our brand-new spoilers, and the long-awaited unveil of our eighth faction? Be sure to check out yours truly's latest, which couldn't be possible without the help of the awesome guys at Team Covenant ! So, a tremendous thanks to them, to Fantasy Flight Games as a whole, and I very hope you all enjoy our first, complete look at the Tyranids!

Today, the Warp-tainted alliance between yours truly​ and The Warhammer 40K ConQast​ continues, in yet another community spotlight interview! This time, Eric Taylor and I engage in a rather thorough discussion and analysis of one of his personal favorite warlords - the progeny of Nurgle himself, Ku'gath Plaguefather!

My most monumental project to date is finally LIVE! The culmination of nearly 40 hours of invested time and effort, over the course of pretty much the entire weekend - the sum total of about 6 pages of scribbled notes, a 36-page typewritten script, and around 4 hours of recorded, edited audio and video - and of course, many, many messages sent harassing people for photographs! ;)
The grand result turned out to be an absolute monster of a video - an enormous 3 hours and 22.5 minutes spent providing a rather thorough overview and my in-depth, albeit initial impressions of our brand-new Tyranid release, The Great Devourer!
I hope you all enjoy this project as much as I do! Please spread the Tyranid love to everyone you know - like, comment, share and subscribe - so that we can get as many eyes on our game as possible! Lets keep growing this community, because what better time is there than now to introduce new players to this incredible game? :D
I very much hope you take a look, I hope you enjoy, and as always - be sure to check back again soon, for ever more Conquest LCG content to come ;)

The Great Devourer - Tyranid Faction Overview and Initial Impressions!

2ld84gj.png
Edited by TheHiveTyrant
To celebrate the recent pre-release of The Great Devourer deluxe expansion, I'm pleased to introduce the first of my "Q&A" Giveaway series! I asks, you answer, and you have a chance of winning progressively more glamorous prizes!

Although it may not often seem like it, even yours truly likes to take an occasional break from the hot and heavy card analysis and intense community discourse, so put on your thinking cap and engage in a bit of a creative exercise in designing your very own Tyranid-themed card!

The rules of the contest are simple, and I very much hope you participate. Help make this little lark all the more fun, in contributing an entry of your own! Enjoy, and I very much look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

With a fond, albeit hopefully ephemeral farewell, the last of my first round of community spotlight interview videos is now live! To anyone looking for a good way to wind down this evening, I strongly encourage you check out my in-depth and engaging discourse with Ryan Duckworth, 2015 Florida Regional Champion, as we discuss one of his favorite warlords - the rather alarmingly divisive Aun'shi!

- featuring Ryan Duckworth