The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Orks are made ta fight, and Tyranids are meant to devour. A match made in heaven, perhaps? You decide!

Today, Nazdreg (diskor) squares off against "The Swarmlord" (veniel). Can the hulking, brutish Orks smash and scatter the swarm? Check out another incredible match to find out!

Today's featured match is a rare treat indeed - it's an awesome game, stars two underplayed warlords, and it's my second foray into using actual tabletop footage!

Therefore, I hope you check out another video provided by Alexander Cimadon - it's Colonel Straken (Alexander Cimadon) against Old Zogwort (Troes Berthelsen)! Enjoy.

Happy Friday, everyone! And what better way to celebrate than by checking out my latest, commentated OCTGN match, featuring two renowned and skillful players? Today, Eldar and Dark Eldar collide, as Eldorath Starbane (livingend) battles for control of the Traxis Sector with Packmaster Kith (tmind)! Enjoy.

Pay close attention during the Headquarters phase, because today, I'm honored to present my commentary for the final match of the 2015 Nordic Championship! Thanks to more footage from Alexander Cimadon, I have the pleasure of presenting Robert Haustein (Captain Cato Sicarius) pit against Victor Edstrøm (Packmaster Kith), in a match for the ages - this is one not to be missed!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Do you love some of our under-represented warlords as much as I do? Well, then join Charles Smith of The Warhammer 40K ConQast​ and I as we thoroughly discuss his most recent Old Zogwort deck list! Feedback and critique regarding the deck are both welcome. Once you watch, compare this interview to one of my first - it's amazing how different they are! O_o;

In any case, enjoy!

More OCTGN gameplay has arrived! Short and sweet relative to the usual, be sure to take a look at today's video in any case - and especially for this one, feedback and constructive criticism regarding my commentary are encouraged. It's Packmaster Kith (braindamaged99) up against Nazdreg (forger)!

Enjoy.
Since I've been a member of the Conquest LCG community for approaching five months now, I thought it was only fitting that I create a redone, far better and much more comfortable version of my original "how to play" video.
So, please spread this fantastic little project to anyone and everyone you might know who's considering taking the plunge and trying Conquest! Today, Sam Mann joins The Hive Tyrant to present - "Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Complete Tutorial and How to Play Guide!"
Enjoy ^_^
Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Complete Tutorial and How to Play Guide

Note: even if you need not watch a "how to play video," I strongly recommend you check out the first 30 seconds or so! A huge thanks to Alexander Bosch for making that for me!
Did you catch our exciting new "Decree of Ruin" preview article, yesterday? Getting excited about the incredible Tau and Astra Militarum synergy that Commander Starblaze suddenly enables? Well, then be sure to check out my latest article overview, and contribute your own thoughts and potential combos in the comments - enjoy!
Have you ever heard that timeless saying, "few things in life are certain - save for death, taxes, and that Paul Steiner​ will always prove an asset to the Conquest LCG community?"

Well, neither have I - but still! Today, do me the honor of checking out a fantastic match featuring his Torquemada Coteaz versus Ranlam's Zarathur, High Sorcerer. Enjoy! :D

It's Friday, which calls for celebration - so, please do me the honor of checking out a video featuring my first ever guest co-commentator! Alongside Dan Jung, today I'm pleased to present a harrowing and fantastic match between a rather unusual Captain Cato Sicarius deck (George Tinkham), and a very elite-heavy "Old One Eye" deck (OCTGN user diskor)! Do NOT miss this one!

Since this is my first time ever co-commentating, your thoughts, comments, feedback, and constructive criticism are more helpful than ever before. Let us know what went well, and what could stand to be improved! Together, let's up my the Conquest commentary game to a whole new level of educational, informative, and enjoyable. Thanks!

With each passing week, Sam Mann's online, competitive Conquest league (the OCTGN WAAAGH!!!), gets all the more intense. So, be sure to check out a match from week five - it's none other than yours truly (Ragnar Blackmane), versus Glaiveguy (Commander Shadowsun)!

Remember that I'm still a woefully under-experienced player - so, feedback and constructive criticism regarding my gameplay is always appreciated. In any case, enjoy!

Recently, Robert Haustein won the 2015 Nordic Championship, during which he used Captain Cato Sicarius in order to eventually pilot his way to victory. But, what does he think our out upcoming Planetfall-cycle Black Templar warlord, Chaplain Mavros? Be sure to find out, in my latest community spotlight interview! :D

Today, I release my 99th video so far! Please do me the honor of checking out a rather engaging match between "Old One Eye" (OCTGN user EU8L1CH), and Sam Mann's "Dirty Baker's Dozen" Ku'gath Plaguefather deck! Two great players always make for a fantastic match. So, enjoy, and look forward to the first of a VERY special new series tomorrow!

Greetings, friends and allies! Please join me today in celebrating the monumental release of my 100th video thus far - and of course, what better way to mark this milestone than with another new Conquest LCG video series?

Therefore, I implore you to take a look at the latest endeavor of mine - an occasional, podcast-style, discussion-topic series I've dubbed "The Tyrantcast!"

In this pilot episode, John Gobeil and Parker Ince do me the honor of appearing as my first two guests, and we discuss the various aspects of deck-building. If you have any suggestions for the topics of future episodes, I'd love to hear your thoughts, because eventually, I think I'd really enjoy creating these based upon exactly that which the community wants to hear about most.

So, enjoy - and thanks for your support and encouragement these past five months! I may have picked up Conquest out of nowhere, but nowadays, I'm quite glad to call this community home.

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Today, I'm pleased to present a very special match between two competitive heavyweights. As of the sixth week of this season's OCTGN "WAAAGH!!!," only two players had gone undefeated - our own Braindamaged99, as well as user redi_spades. So, check out this glorious clash between Eldar and Dark Eldar, because by the end of this harrowing game, only one player will walk away the victor. Enjoy!

Recently, Scott and Brian of the First Planet Podcast​ unveiled the three Space Marines faction cards from our upcoming Decree of Ruin war pack - so be sure to check out my video appraisal of our newest spoilers, and add your first impressions and initial assessment to mine, in the comments!

It's Friday, so treat yourself to something long overdue - for the very first time, The Hive Tyrant actually plays as the Tyranids!

It's "Hive Tyrant-ception" during a rather harrowing match, as I play "The Swarmlord" against Alexander Bosch's Commander Shadowsun. Enjoy, and as always, feedback regarding my gameplay is encouraged!
Yesterday, a highly anticipated match between Seth Rosen and Travis McDaniel took place, played out for the 7th round of Sam Mann's OCTGN WAAAGH! online competitive league. With the winner moving on to the Top 8, it turned out to be one hell of a match - and one that I recorded for your viewing enjoyment! Therefore, do check out two top tier players, as Aun'shi goes up against Zarathur, High Sorcerer! Enjoy.

Here's hoping that everyone is enjoying their weekend! A short and sweet video today, in which I see just how fast I can attempt to commentate a very rare warlord matchup - it's Colonel Straken (Sebastian Freidin) versus Urien Rakarth (Alexander Cimadon). Enjoy!

The week begins anew! Today, Dan Jung (top 4 German National Championship, and currently one of the top 8 in the OCTGN WAAAGH!!!), throws down with none other than Sam Mann himself (creator of the OCTGN WAAAGH!!!). Can a Space Marines heavy Commander Shadowsun deck hope to win out against Packmaster Kith? Enjoy!

Note: my sincerest apologies for the audio quality in this video - I inadvertently recorded at 100% mic volume, instead of my typical 70%. Lesson learned!

As the fourth season of Sam Mann's online, competitive Conquest league - the OCTGN WAAAGH!!! - grows ever closer to revealing our champion, I'm pleased to present the match that would determine whether or not I entered the Top 16 (of an initial 55 or so entrants). So, feast your eyes, as my Ragnar Blackmane squares off against Eric Keilback's Zarathur, High Sorcerer!
Feedback and constructive criticism are welcome - with your help, hopefully someday I will develop into a truly competitive player. Enjoy!

Ragnar Blackmane versus Zarathur, High Sorcerer - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
Did you happen to catch the two new spoiled Chaos cards from our upcoming Decree of Ruin war pack, which our friends at Team Covenant​ courteously revealed to us late last evening? Well, check out my introduction to and initial impressions of them!

Two woefully underplayed warlords clash! Can Sam Mann's Commander Shadowsun survive the vicious onslaught of Paul Steiner's Torquemada Coteaz, or will our favorite Inquisitor scour the Traxis Sector of Xenos? Find out today, in another gripping OCTGN match. Enjoy!

Although this kind of project demands a mountain of effort, card assessment has always been my favorite aspect of content creation. So, it's time to finish a project started long ago! In the latest installment of my Warlord cycle review, take a listen to my beginner-to-expert assessment of Ku'gath Plaguefather. Enjoy!

Just wanted to say keep up the good work, i thoroughly enjoy watching your videos every day.