The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

As we all get ready to usher in the new year, there's still some content from our LCG's recent past yet to be covered! One of the (in my opinion) most entertaining warlords to watch and pilot is Baharroth - so lets start our full "Descendants of Isha" war pack review right, with none other than our Phoenix Lord trait warlord! Here's hoping for big things yet to come for Baharroth, throughout the Planetfall cycle. ^_^

Today, a very happy New Year to all! And, what better way is there to kick off 2016 than with more Conquest LCG? Today, dear friends Alexander Cimadon and Troels Berthelsen clash. As part of their training for last year's Nordic National Championship, please enjoy a harrowing tabletop match pitting Aun'shi against Captain Cato Sicarius. This is NOT a game to miss!

Aun'shi versus Captain Cato Sicarius - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

It's been a long time since our last installment, but the community spotlight series is finally back! Today, Guy Lev provides his thoughts, strategy, and perspective regarding our recently released Commander Starblaze. Enjoy! ^_^

Have you ever heard the old adage, "this is going to be as easy as a meganob's power klaw cutting through the freshly risen dead?" Well today, find out the origins of that saying, as Per Pedersen's Nazdreg squares off against Alexander Cimadon's Ku'gath Plaguefather! ^_^

Nazdreg versus Ku'gath Plaguefather - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

A few days ago, The Tactical Squad​ unveiled the three upcoming new Ork cards from Boundless Hate - today, I present my thoughts on each of them! I'm very pleased with how this video turned out, and I believe each of these intriguing new cards opens up interesting possibilities for a generally regarded to be under-powered faction. Be sure to share your own thoughts and opinion in the comments, and enjoy!

To see the original reveal article, please visit: http://thetacticalsquad.com/

If you haven't already entered, be sure not to miss your chance to win a copy of our upcoming Legions of Death deluxe expansion! This contest ends today, and in any case, be sure to catch the news within this video regarding the future of The Hive Tyrant channel.

Spoiler alert: I'd like to remain a content creator for Conquest LCG for months, if not years to come, though my volume out video output *is* going to be necessarily reduced, because of an (albeit probably good for my mental health!), "effective immediately," dramatic reduction in my available free time.

Though today specifically marks the beginning of the new, Winter 2016 academic term in my pursuit of a post-baccalaureate degree (part of an overall career change), I'll try to continue to put out a video *at least* every other day, regardless. So, here's to many more months (and hopefully years!) of great stuff to come, and for those of you that do, I very much hope you continue to enjoy my content. Fare thee well!

Recently, the Genestealer Harvester was unveiled in a preview-article card fan, which means that "Subject: Ω-X62113" not only just got one more beautiful tool to ambush into play, but also one to rake in heaps of cards and resources with!
So, as Guy Lev seeks to pilot our upcoming warlord to victory, will our recently-released Commander Starblaze (piloted by Travis McDaniel), be able to prevent him? Be sure to find out, because this was a spectacularly fun match to watch, and I hope you all enjoy it half as much as I did! :D
The latest episode of The Tyrantcast is live! In this installment, Warmaster Sam Mann and I review several recently spoiled cards from our upcoming war pack "Boundless Hate," and more importantly, afterward sit down for a nearly hour-long interview with Conquest LCG Lead Developer Brad Andres ! We talk about the recent world championship, the Planetfall cycle, our upcoming Necron-focused deluxe expansion, and even discuss some possibilities regarding content beyond that which we've already had announced.

Plus, thanks in part to the pair of bruised knees he received during a recent episode of the First Planet Podcast , it seems like Sam was successful in attempting to fish a couple of "Deadly Salvage" spoilers from our LCG Emperor's pockets - so, if you've yet to give this podcast a listen, this is definitely not an episode to miss. Enjoy! ^_^

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Two days ago, Team Covenant​ published an article unveiling the three upcoming Tau faction cards to be released in Boundless Hate - today, I weigh in with my first thoughts and initial impressions! Be sure to share your own thoughts and ideas for utility, combos, and synergy involving these cards in the comments. Enjoy! ^_^

Despite a more hectic schedule than ever I've had before, I could hardly manage to be any more enthusiastic about continuing to generate Conquest LCG content - and lo, Alexander Cimadon and Troels Berthelsen return! What's a bit of bloodshed between friends, anyways?

Today, enjoy a match pitting Ku'gath Plaguefather against Aun'shi that will have you sitting at the edge of your seat, and probably screaming at your viewing device! ^_^ These commentated games only ever get better and better.

Recently, I passed 1,000 subscribers on YouTube! To celebrate, I held a contest in which I promised a copy of "Legions of Death" to one lucky entrant. To participate, each person asked me a question, and today, I answer each and every one of them! To learn a little about The Hive Tyrant, and to hear a lot of my candid thoughts about Conquest LCG, I encourage you to give my latest Q&A a listen. Enjoy! ^_^
1000 Subscriber Q&A!

Audio-only version available here .
It's Friday, so why not enjoy a bonus video? happy.png Provided courtesy of The Tactical Squad podcast, I'm pleased to present a match pitting their very own Travis Provick (Top 16 "Worlds" 2015), against the indomitable John Gobeil!

This match was recorded at 401 Games, a game retailer located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. To check out their site, please visit: http://401games.ca/ and tell them The Hive Tyrant sent you!
Footage courtesy of The Tactical Squad ! To check out their podcast, please visit: TheTacticalSquad.com , Twitter.com/tacsquad , Facebook.com/tacsquad , or look for them on iTunes!

If you enjoy this collaboration, be sure to show a bit of extra engagement and appreciation - let's send the message to 401 Games and The Tactical Squad that they should keep us regularly provided with games (in addition to their own commentated matches), just like this one!
Today, civil war pervades the Traxis Sector!

I strongly recommend you check out a genuine delight of a match which was an absolute joy to spectate - friends Alexander Cimadon and Troels Berthelsen both don their power armor, and square off in a Captain Cato Sicarius mirror match!

Also - I've been extremely busy lately... so look forward to a new video each and every day of our upcoming week! ;)

Enjoy, and have a good one!

Sam Mann 's "Black Crusade" online Conquest LCG league is well underway, and Week One has seen some incredible matches. Some of our community's established best and brightest have crushed their opposition, yet many of these same players have found themselves handily beaten by relative newcomers to the game.
Today, please enjoy the first league match that I've managed to capture, this competitive season - it's OCTGN user Slaanesh-Devotee (Ragnar Blackmane) versus Travis McDaniel (Broderick Worr), in a game that's definitely not meant to be missed! Look forward to many more of these spectacular games to come, in the following weeks - and enjoy!

Ragnar Blackmane versus Broderick Worr - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Today, it's a Boundless Hate preview!

Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound may be en route to retailers everywhere, but in my proxy matches thus far, he hasn't exactly enjoyed a flattering showing. However, a champion has stepped forward, insisting that our upcoming Khornate warrior *does* have the potential to be a competitive warlord - can Joel Henigson be among the first to pilot Ba'ar Zul to victory? We shall see, as Sam Mann attempts to stop him, taking up the reigns of Archon Salaine Morn, our third Dark Eldar warlord!

This video is meant to be a fantastic thought experiment - so please leave your thoughts, initial impressions, deck-building and strategy considerations in the comments! Enjoy, and thanks for watching ^_^

Sam Mann 's "Black Crusade," an online Conquest LCG competitive league, is live and underway. Today, I'm honored to present the Week One Featured Match!
This game features Davis Tower Kingsley (Zarathur, High Sorcerer), versus George Tinkham (Baharroth).
Davis is regarded by many to be one of the best players in the world - he took 2nd place in the 2014 World Championship, and placed in the top 4 of the 2015 North American National Championship.
George has been featured prominently on The Hive Tyrant channel, is an immensely skillful player, and took 2nd place in the previous online Conquest LCG competitive league.
As if I need say it, this is an incredible match, and one which I can scarcely recommend watching enough. If you enjoy this video, please help share it around the internet, and help The Hive Tyrant channel to grow!
It's masterful gameplay like that witnessed in this match which really demonstrates just how skill-intensive top level Conquest LCG play can be. So, enjoy, and look forward to an additional, weekly "Featured Match" in the future!

Zarathur, High Sorcerer versus Baharroth - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
For the first time in 10 weeks, The Hive Tyrant plays a match of Conquest!

Filmed for the first week of Sam Mann's "Black Crusade" online competitive league, today I face off against Jonathan Palermo of the Star Wars LCG podcast "Ion Control." He enters the Traxis Sector as Ragnar Blackmane (whom I miraculously piloted to 6th place of the last season's online league), and for the very first time in my life, I play as our recently released warlord Broderick Worr!

I've still only ever played around 20 or so games of Conquest, but it is incredible how much I've improved since the last time I touched the game. You are encouraged to please leave constructive criticism and feedback regarding my gameplay, strategy, and decision-making! Your advice and suggestions help me to become a far better player - and here's hoping that someday, with your assistance, I become the kind of individual whom others dread getting paired against. Enjoy the match, and please do me a solid by leaving your feedback. Enjoy!

The latest Tyrantcast is live! The Hive Tyrant and Warmaster Sam Mann are back, with their latest biweekly installment. In today's episode, they discuss the latest spoilers from Boundless Hate, the new Organized Play player suspension policy, the recent FFG OP LCG Regional Championship excitement poll, and then conclude by taking a thorough "look back" at The Howl of Blackmane war pack. If you haven't given us a listen yet, I humbly recommend you do so! Also available as mp3 and on iTunes. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

Recently, I've had several community members come forward and send me in footage for the very first time - an act of which I've been hugely appreciative. Thus, today, I'm pleased to present a match from the Northants Wargamers! From a gaming club based out of Northampton, England, please enjoy a game pairing Broderick Worr (Barrie Wardle) against "The Swarmlord" (Mike Kerslake)! Steel thy self for a bit of a long haul, because this ends up being quite the game!

Boundless Hate is starting to appear in stores everywhere! Inside, it contains three very compelling new Ork cards. Inspired to see if this would make Nazdreg significantly more competitive, proxy squad team member Guy Lev brings them to the OCTGN arena!

Can our original Ork warlord use his new tools to pick apart Parker Ince's avian Eldar, Baharroth? This is another match not meant to be missed, and I hope you enjoy it!

A bonus video has appeared! The release of Boundless Hate means that we also have a new story insert, so why not spend a few minutes to enjoy a dramatized reading? ^_^

Short, but sweet - and I really get into it. Enjoy!

Vengeance Owed and Vengeance Earned - Planetfall Narrative Part 2

Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound is beginning to arrive at retailers everywhere - but is there any hope for our latest Chaos warlord to be competitive? Determined to prove our new warlord can be, Joel Henigson again faces Sam Mann - this time, versus a characteristically janky Eldorath deck! Will our Khornate warrior reign triumphant? Or, will he instead disgrace the Ruinous Powers? Be sure to tune in, enjoy, and leave feedback for our players in the comments!

Today, filmed at 401 Games, Toys and Sportscards​, and provided courtesy of The Tactical Squad​ podcast, I hope you enjoy a match pitting friend of the channel John Gobeil (Ku'gath Plaguefather), against the formidable Harry Yu (Commander Starblaze)!
If you enjoy this collaboration, be sure to show a bit of extra engagement and appreciation - let's send the message to 401 Games and The Tactical Squad that they should keep us regularly provided with games (in addition to their own commentated matches), just like this one! happy.png
This match was recorded at 401 Games, a game retailer located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. To check out their site, please visit: http://401games.ca/ and tell them The Hive Tyrant sent you!
Footage courtesy of The Tactical Squad! To check out their podcast, please visit: http://TheTacticalSquad.com , http://Twitter.com/tacsquad, http://Facebook.com/tacsquad, or look for them on iTunes!
Today, I'm honored to present the Week Two "featured match" of Warmaster Sam Mann's Black Crusade - the premiere, competitive online Conquest LCG league!

This is without a doubt THE most fun I have EVER had recording a game, and I can scarcely express just how monumentally entertaining the match itself ended up being. Get ready to be shocked by a constantly back and forth game, and look forward to seeing two immensely talented players in action.

Featuring Scott Armstrong of the First Planet Podcast (Ragnar Blackmane), as well as Parker Ince ("The Swarmlord"), I cannot recommend this match enough. Share with your friends, and even distribute this to your most loathsome of enemies - because this is NOT a game to miss, under any circumstance. I hope you enjoy, because this was an absolute riot to watch and record.

Enjoy! :D

Today, I'm honored to publish the first of a trio of videos sent in by winner of the 2015 Worldeater Tournament held in Roseville, Minnesota - Christopher Dale Bates (OCTGN user braindamaged99)! As he takes Commander Starblaze for his initial test drive, can Chris manage to best a rather uniquely constructed, Cultist trait heavy Zarathur deck (played by Tony Christie)? Be sure to tune in, find out, and enjoy!
Zarathur, High Sorcerer versus Commander Starblaze - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Interested in having some of your own videos commentated and shared with our community? I'm always on the lookout for new contributors, and it's easier than you think! Just sent me a message, and I'll talk you through the process ^_^ any footage is always hugely appreciated!