The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

All good things must come to an end, and that includes the first-ever, Winter 2016 season of Sam Mann's Black Crusade. For many, it ended after six weeks of Swiss pairings, but at the time of recording this video, I found myself having been placed within the Top 8, and still vying for the championship.

Though the answer is by now likely obvious, is there any hope for one of the tournament's underdogs to advance to the semi-finals? Is there any hope that I may someday attain the championship title itself? I hope you join me in celebrating the first season of the Black Crusade, and as ever, this player humbly encourages you to leave comments, feedback, advice, and constructive criticism for how to improve his gameplay in the comments. Enjoy, and here's looking forward to next season.

Recently, budding videographer and friend of the channel John Gobeil had the opportunity to record several matches which took place at a local store championship event. Today, I present the first of those games!

Starring none other than Elizabeth Malette of The Tactical Squad podcast, it's Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound versus Archon Salaine Morn (Colin Marshall). This was a delight of a game to spectate, and do leave your thoughts on these warlords and this video in the comments!

Today, in celebration of Pejhmon Kamaie having recently been crowned the champion of the Siege of Terra (an 82 person, European Conquest LCG tournament), enjoy a match in which he pilots Colonel Straken against the likes of Eldorath Starbane (played by Shirin ).
Will our champion have the skill necessary to drive such an under-loved warlord to victory? Or, will Shirin leave Pejhmon crushed, battered, and broken in the jungles of Catachan? Be sure not to miss this delight of a match, and I hope you enjoy it!

Eldorath Starbane versus Colonel Straken - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
Mere hours away from my making this post, the champion of the first-ever, Winter 2016 season of The Black Crusade will be crowned. Until then, however, enjoy one of our two semi-final matches!

In the most harrowing and back and forth Broderick Worr mirror that I've had the privilege of seeing to date, I hope you enjoy watching two spectacularly talented players vying for their chance to enter the finals. Today, it's Prezi versus Antariss!

After eight long weeks of anticipation, today I proudly debut the 2015 Russian National Championship match!
Prior to this game, we enjoyed five consecutive rounds of Swiss pairings, and had the privilege of spectating both of this event's semi-finals. Now, though two players sit placed at the final table, only one will walk away with the title of National Champion!
It's a game pitting Space Marines versus Dark Eldar, as Vasily Gudkov faces off against Pavel Illichev. Can one of the mighty sons of Fenris dethrone our depraved beasthunter? Or, will Packmaster Kith leave Ragnar Blackmane broken, bloodied, fit only to be devoured by ravenous Khymerae?
This, of course, is not a game to miss - so be sure to check out this match, and join me in celebrating the under-sung Russian meta! A tremendous thanks again to Anton Elizarov and all players involved for affording me the opportunity to host these eight games. See below for a link to the complete series playlist, and enjoy! Thanks for watching.
2015 Russian National Championship Final Match - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

For a complete playlist containing every video I took from this tournament, check out the 2015 Russian National Championship Series .
Today, I present a game eleven long weeks in the making - it's the championship match of the Winter 2016 season of Sam Mann's Black Crusade! With approximately 115 players having entered this tournament, today it's down to OCTGN users DLord and Prezi to determine our champion through one final game.
With everything on the line, only one of these players may claim the championship title - one is to be crowned victor, and the other will fall tragically short of glory. So, in a match played a mere two days ago, enjoy a harrowing, engaging game pitting "Old One Eye" against the likes of Broderick Worr! Enjoy, and look forward to much more OCTGN coverage of the upcoming Spring 2016 season of The Black Crusade as well. I cannot recommend enough you sign up, and thanks for watching!
The Black Crusade Winter 2016 Championship Match - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

To view all of the games filmed and commentated during the Winter 2016 season of The Black Crusade, check out this playlist . Enjoy!

Recently, I've had the honor and privilege of beginning to receive far more footage than I can realistically make into videos - even despite my producing and releasing them on a unending daily basis. As a result, I'm starting to have the luxury of choice when it comes to what content I want to focus on releasing. However, in these days of frequent, consistent new war pack releases, I seem to have an alarming lack of footage featuring some of our newest warlords (e.g., Gorzod, Subject: Omega, Ba'ar Zul, and Archon Salaine Morn), and unsurprisingly, receive a glut of videos featuring the established "Tier 1" warlords.

So, though I've a large, ever-increasing backlog of community-submitted videos in line to be produced, if anyone is interested in sending in footage of gameplay featuring our newest warlords and latest cards, your submissions will be pushed to the front of the hopper, and your content will end up commentated and published as quickly as possible. As much as I deeply, sincerely appreciate all contributions and submissions to my channel, there are so many new and existing, under-represented cards and warlords which deserve their time in the spotlight.

Now, as I today return from vacation more motivated to continue content creation than ever before, and I begin to crank my video production process into high gear, I implore anyone with a predilection and preference for our newest releases and latest content to get in touch with me about sending in footage! There are so many exciting new warlords, cards, and decks that our community would love to see in action, and I feel like I've done us all a disservice by being unable to attend to some of our hottest new releases as quick as I can.

So, I ask for your help! I'm always looking for new content contributors, and would be honored for you and your local meta to be featured on my channel - ideally, I'd like to find several individuals who, when a new pack is released, make it a priority to film some of their games and send in their footage for our community to enjoy.

But, with all that said, today's video is a bit of a quickie I prepared quite some time ago. There's a huge amount of fascinating new content to come soon, over these next several weeks, but for now, enjoy a nice, clean practice game from none other than established veterans of the channel Alexander Cimadon and Troels Bethelsen! As ever, thank you so much for watching, thank you all for your continued support as my channel slowly approaches its very first anniversary, and here's looking forward to a long future of continuing to enjoy Conquest LCG together! Enjoy.

It feels like I haven't seen Ku'gath Plaguefather in even a single game in ages, so today, enjoy what may well be the last video I air from friend of the channel Alexander Cimadon - to whom I shall always be thankful for being the very first person to send me in any live-action footage.

Today, can our Greater Daemon of Nurgle best the psychic might of an Eldorath Starbane playing James Dowdall? Or, will our psyker's magic end up tearing Ku'gath apart? Be sure to tune in to find out this holiday, and enjoy!

Today, I'm delighted to present a " The Tactical Squad " podcast civil war! With footage courtesy of friend of the channel John Gobeil, enjoy as co-hosts Mark Tang and Jon Yeo battle for control of the Traxis Sector *and* both attempt to lay claim to the coveted title of Store Champion.

Which honorary tactical marine shall reign supreme? Be sure to tune in to find out, because this is NOT a match to miss - note that both Starblaze and Ragnar make use of several of our latest cards, and this game was a joy to commentate. Check it out, and thanks again to John for sending in this video!

Today marks the first day of the Spring 2016 academic term, but as ever, I shall endeavor to maintain my production of daily video content. Let us together see if I end up failing catastrophically!

Today, enjoy a delight of a match sent in by Barrie Wardle on behalf of the Northampton, England based Guardians of Tyr - it's a game pitting an intriguingly built Colonel Straken (Ben Crawford), against a somewhat atypical Archon Salaine Morn (Ben Ebrahim)! I hope you like it half so much as I did, and have a good one! Thanks again to our dear friends in the United Kingdom for sending in this one.

Today, I have the honor of presenting a match delivered courtesy of the members of Omega Sector Gaming ! Lately, they've been experimenting with proxying our imminently upcoming Space Marines warlord Chaplain Mavros - and who better to serve as opposition than our recently released "Subject: Ω-X62113?"
So, in the context of doing battle against our latest Tyranid warlord, enjoy a sneak peak of the might that is Chaplain Mavros! Thanks to Thomas Wyatt Mellor and Ryan Murrell for this one. Enjoy, and look forward to many more videos from OSG to come!
Edited by TheHiveTyrant
As of the release of "What Lurks Below," Archon Salaine Morn received some fantastic new tools - so today, enjoy the first of two matches showcasing her new cards and the resulting, formidable deck list! Can Taylor Parolini pilot our latest Dark Eldar warlord to victory against our established tournament powerhouse, Packmaster Kith? He's fighting an uphill battle, pit against Christopher Dale Bates, but watch how our Archon has grown!

This is not a game to miss, and was a genuine delight to commentate. Enjoy, and look forward to the sequel to come soon! Thanks tons to both of our players for their footage.

Today, it's the 13th episode of The Tyrantcast! Be sure to tune in as Sam and I discuss a huge range of topics:

- We cover Epistolary Vezuel, and the Unforgiven preview article

- We spoil the three Chaos faction cards from Wrath of the Crusaders!

- We provide a thorough summary and synposis of the Winter 2016 season of The Black Crusade OCTGN league

- We discuss the "Unending War" two-person playmat

- We interview co-hosts Daniel and Torsten of Winvasion, the one and only Warhammer: Invasion LCG podcast, in attempt to learn from that LCG's life and eventual death what may be in store for the future of Conquest

This ended up being another veritable monster of an episode, but I hope you enjoy all 201 minutes of listening! So, if you haven't already tuned in to The Tyrantcast, I cannot recommend enough that you do so - and if you're an iTunes user , please do Sam and I a favor and leave us a 5-star review!

Today, enjoy another game featuring one of the talented players of The Tactical Squad ! Filmed by John Gobeil at a local store championship event, can Wolf Lord Jon Yeo's Ragnar Blackmane mange to overcome the militaristic might of Commissar Aaron Celovsky's Broderick Worr? Or, is our feral Space Marine simply going to be one more entry added to the long list of warlords that flounder against our latest Astra Militarum commander?

Regardless, I wish you the best this weekend, and amidst all your Conquest LCG and other activities, I hope you find the time to enjoy this fast and furious match! Take care, my friends.

Today, the Russian meta is back with a brand new series of matches! This time, it's a total of eight different games which together chronicle the events of a 2016 Store Championship.

Recently, Broderick Worr has become an established menace within the Traxis Sector - so is there anything that fellow tier-one warlord Captain Cato Sicarius can do to tech specifically against him?

I absolutely *loved* today's game, despite having a hellish time actually managing to commentate the thing! It features fantastic play by both players, as well as two superbly constructed decks. So, don't miss out on seeing 2015 Russian National Champion Vasily Gudkov pit against his friend Pavel Illichev, and enjoy the first of many games in this new series!

Thanks again to Anton Elizarov for this footage.

Today, it's another game captured at the Fantasy Flight Games Center​ in Roseville, Minnesota! Thanks again to the tireless recording efforts of Christopher Dale Bates, we can enjoy a match pitting Commander Mike Utenkov (Starblaze) against the likes of Phoenix Lord Jeffrey Allen (Baharroth).

As you're watching this game, leave your thoughts in the comments - how would you have played this match differently as either player, and how may *you* have attempted to build a tier one deck list for either of today's uncommonly seen warlords? In the grim darkness of the Planetfall cycle, is there any competitive hope to be had for either Starblaze or Baharroth?

Enjoy the game, and I wish you a productive start to your week!

I've had the honor of commentating some extremely entertaining games lately, and today's video is no exception to that rule! In the grudge match of the century, can Christopher Dale Bates redeem himself by managing to destroy the Archon Salaine Morn of Taylor Parolini? Or, will our newest Kabalite cards end up proving insurmountable, and does our latest Dark Eldar warlord possibly even threaten Kith's position of prominence in the Traxis Sector?

Do not miss this game, as I found it astonishingly entertaining, and both featured players are spectacularly talented. I hope you like this match as much as I did, and have a good one!

To keep up with all the latest FFG news, rules clarifications, channel updates, and to become part of a growing hub for all manner of Conquest LCG content, be sure to follow The Hive Tyrant Facebook page . Enjoy!

It has been far too long since I've commentated a non-league OCTGN match, so why not shake things up a bit?

Today, enjoy a *CANNOT BE MISSED* game featuring none other than Warmaster Sam Mann himself up against the likes of Eric Keilback (6th place in The Black Crusade)!

It's fast, furious, Vehicle on Vehicle hate, as Eldorath's "Vehicular Manslaughter" deck is put to the test against Gorzod! Do our Orks have the superior chrome rims? Or, can they even *begin* to compete with the Eldar ability to ghost ride the whip?

Be sure to tune in and find out, because this match was an utter delight to behold! My apologies in advance if I failed to keep up with this high octane gameplay!

Today, enjoy my first tabletop gameplay video featuring our latest Tyranids faction Warlord, "Subject: Ω-X62113!" Sent in courtesy of Travis Lodes, will our Genestealer be able to surmount the might of Archon Evan Tidd, playing as Salaine Morn?

Hopefully by the end of this video you'll be wishing you had four hands yourself, so that you could give this content four thumbs up - but regardless, enjoy the match, and look for a cameo made by none other than runner-up 2014 World Champion himself, Davis Kingsley.

Thanks to the tireless recording efforts of dear friend of the channel John Gobeil, today, enjoy another match taken from the Toronto, Ontario, Canadian meta - it's Zarathur, High Sorcerer (Kevin Guertin), up against Aun'shi (Brett Gosling)! Will our Tau Ethereal manage to successfully execute our Chaos sorcerer? Or, shall his orbital city be burnt to particulate matter and expunged from the Traxis Sector? Tune in to find out, and thanks again to John for his footage!

Today, it's a fast and furious match featuring one of the world's most preeminent Packmaster Kith players! Can Doug Nordine's Eldorath stand a chance against the wrath of Dustin Drake? Or, should we just as well keep treating Kith as though she has the "Unstoppable" specialization? I hope you enjoy today's game, and that you have a great Conquest LCG weekend!

Today, I present another game featuring my personal favorite meta - it's the second match in a series of eight total games each taken from a Russian store championship event!

It's Shas'o Anton Elizarov (Commander Shadowsun), up against Wolf Lord Dmitry Kletochkin (Ragnar Blackmane). Will our Vlka Fenryka be able to gut and tear our Tau Commander asunder? Or, will our Space Wolves warlord instead be atomized by meltaguns into his particulate, constituent matter?

There's only one way to find out, and as is always the case with the Russian meta, this game stars two spectacularly talented players. So, tune in, enjoy, and have a great remainder of your weekend!

Today, enjoy a game featuring one of our upcoming DEATH WORLD Cycle warlords!

Originally unveiled in an article last Friday, let's put Grigory Maksim, our fourth, Tank-focused Astra Militarum warlord through his paces - and what better opponent for him than the imminently upcoming Eldar warlord to be released in The Final Gambit, Talyesin Fharenal?

As you watch today's match, please consider the following:

1. Because Wrath of the Crusaders has been fully spoiled, Talyesin has access to nearly the full card pool which is going to be available to her immediately upon release (save for any currently unknown allied-faction cards).

2. There are three war packs worth of unknown Astra Militarum and SM/Orks cards coming out between now and the release of our upcoming AM warlord which may make a huge difference in how one builds a deck for Grigory Maksim.

All the same, I hope you enjoy this match, and please leave your thoughts on our players' strategy and deck-building in the comments! A huge thanks to both Eric Keilback and Guy Lev for making this proxied game possible, and do share your thoughts with me on what tier (and why), you think both Grigory and Talyesin might end up being upon their respective release, and/or at the end of their cycles. Enjoy!

Today, enjoy a match taken from perhaps the world's largest unofficial Conquest LCG tournament yet, the 2016 Siege of Terra!

It's a game pitting the "Old One Eye" of Spyros Karagiannis against the Packmaster Kith of 2015 Dutch National Champion Dan Jung. This ended up making for a spectacular display and performance by both players, and I hope you like the match half so much as I did. So, check it out, and have a good one!

Pejhmon Kamaie's proxy game is strong - so today, enjoy my channel's tabletop debut of none other than the upcoming Grigory Maksim! Just how powerful is that signature support of his, anyways?

Can Shirin's Vehicle-heavy Eldorath Starbane manage to send him packing back to Vostroya? Or, is our fourth Astra Militarum warlord too strong to wait for his full "upon release" Death World Cycle card pool to keep us waiting to meet him on Nectavus VI?

This is a superb little match, and as always, Pejhmon and Shirin were a delight to commentate. So, I cannot encourage you enough to give this game some attention, and enjoy!