The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

For some inexplicable reason, those stubborn Eldar just cannot seem to forgive the Tyranids for inadvertently devouring a significant portion of their slowly dwindling race. Today, unfortunately, "Old One Eye" forgot to pack a lunch - and frankly, the Hive Mind just isn't itself when it's hungry.

Can Baharroth (Ian Russell) destroy the ravenous Tyranids (Fergus Chisholm-Brown), or shall he succumb to the same fate as many of his forefathers? Be sure not to miss another delightful match courtesy of everyone's favorite UK-based event organizer, the Guardians of Tyr, and enjoy the game!

In sickness and in health, The Black Crusade must continue! Today, I'm honored to present another Featured Match, in which the top two players from the "Loyalists" Division of the OCTGN league go head to head during sixth, final round of Swiss pairings.

This games pits the undefeated Terralord (Eldorath Starbane, 5 wins, 0 losses) against Prezi (Broderick Worr, 4 wins, 1 loss). Which player shall reign supreme?

This match was a delightful way to start my day, and I hope you're left feeling the same! Steel yourself for a real treat, because some truly top-tier play resides herein. Enjoy, and do sign up for The Black Crusade next season!

Привет зрители (Hello viewers)!

Today, enjoy the fourth round of Swiss captured during the 2015 Russian National Championship - it's Klim Petrov (Eldorath Starbane) against Vasily Gudkov (Ragnar Blackmane). Just one round of Swiss remains, and then we're on to the semi-finals and inevitable finale of the tournament! Enjoy.

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Today, I finally release the ultimate installment of my Warlord cycle War Pack review series! It's a video that I finished over two months ago, yet which kept getting its publication delayed so that I could continue to cover the latest, most exciting new content on my established daily basis. But now, I direct my thorough, analytical mind at the non-signature cards of Descendants of Isha, for what is likely to be my last-ever solo card review video!

Now that The Tyrantcast is a regularly scheduled feature of the channel, there is no sensible reason to continue doing these highly scripted videos. From now on, all in-depth card analysis will take place on the podcast.

All the same, I hope you've enjoyed this series, and that it will continue to benefit players of all experience levels for quite some time to come. So, check out the latest and final entry of the project I began shortly after first creating my channel, and thanks to everyone for their continued support and encouragement of The Hive Tyrant over time. Enjoy!

Today, it's another match from the Guardians of Tyr! Thanks to footage from friend of the channel Barrie Wardle, please enjoy a game pitting the psychic might of Eldorath Starbane (James Wilkins) against the unrelenting hordes of "The Swarmlord" (Hamish Chisolm-Brown)!

The Black Crusade draws swiftly to an end, as the single elimination rounds have begun! However, I still have my final round of Swiss to share with the community.

Out of nearly 115 participants in the tournament, by the time this match was played, my opponent and I were the only two remaining players with the chance of going entirely undefeated - i.e., earning six consecutive wins with no losses. With all the glory on the line, can I hope to attain the undefeated dream? Or, will I simply lose and be forgotten in the annals of online Conquest LCG tournament history?

Today, I face Eric Keilback - it's my Captain Cato Sicarius versus his Nazdreg! As always, feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged. With your help, I grow closer to being a more competent and competitive player.

Pejhmon and Shirin are back, and the third installment of Monday's Mirror Mayhem is live! Viewers like you have all cast their vote, and the most popular choice was Ragnar Blackmane. I hope you enjoy today's episode of this series, and be sure to vote on CardgameDB for which mirrored warlord you want to see next! Thanks for watching.
Ragnar Blackmane versus Ragnar Blackmane - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

To help direct this series, cast your vote for what warlord you want to see next here !
Edited by TheHiveTyrant

Deadly Salvage has been officially released, so today, enjoy a match featuring none other than Gorzod! This is the first of several games sent in by friend of the channel John Gobeil, and I look forward to seeing what else comes from his burgeoning videography interest.

Can our original Ork warlord, Nazdreg (played by Greg Norman), stand against John's vehicular onslaught? There's only one way to find out, and this harrowing match is not one to be missed.

Regardless of who walks away the victor, today, rest assured that there will be WAAAGH!!!

The single elimination rounds of The Black Crusade are well underway, and the first Featured Match is none other than Eric Keilback (the only player of 115 to go undefeated in Swiss), versus OCTGN user Votters. During a game in which the victor moves on to the Top 16, and the loser is booted from the league, can humanity triumph in their ages-old struggle against the ruinous powers of Chaos?

Today, Ragnar Blackmane fights Zarathur, High Sorcerer, and I hope you enjoy the game! Be sure to leave your thoughts on gameplay and strategy in the comments.

Today, our reliving the 2015 Russian National Championship continues! It is well known that Eldorath Starbane is rather disadvantaged against Packmaster Kith, but that won't stop Klim Petrov from giving Pavel Illichev the fight of a lifetime.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this match probably contains THE most exciting ending I've ever witnessed - you MUST watch this game, and it should not be missed. I cannot recommend it enough, and I hope you enjoy it!

Within the War Pack "Deadly Salvage," our developers included another story insert! Therefore, today we continue to explore the narrative arc of the Planetfall cycle. Gain a bit of insight into the mind of an Orkish Warboss in "Toof and Claw!"

"Toof and Claw" - Planetfall Cycle Narrative Part 3

The latest, biweekly installment of The Tyrantcast is live! Today, your cast and crew discuss the announcement of the Death World Cycle, give our full, thorough review of Deadly Salvage, and answer a whole host of mailbag questions - plus, we offer up plenty of inquiries of our own to you dear viewers and listeners, and you're strongly encouraged to leave your own thoughts in the comments!

I think that this podcast series continues to improve over time, and I very much hope you enjoy the latest episode. Have a great weekend, I hope you have time to enjoy some Conquest! :D

Though a great many have died along the way, The Black Crusade itself endures! Of nearly 115 entrants, only the Top 32 scoring players were allowed to move on to the single elimination portion of the tournament. Any loss from this point forward results in immediate removal and ejection from the tournament, and only one player will persevere long enough to be someday crowned champion.

Today, I am pit against Paul Steiner, he whom became the triumphant champion of the second-ever OCTGN tournament, and who runs the Conquest LCG statistical database at 40kconquest.blogspot.com. Can I hope to stand against such a competent, seasoned player? Or, is it long overdue that my anomalous performance in the crusade thus far is finally brought to an end?

As always, your feedback and constructive criticism regarding my gameplay and strategy is encouraged and appreciated. Enjoy!

Following in the tradition started by Pejhmon​ and Shirin, though the "Monday's Mirror Mayhem" project must be put on temporary hiatus, today I present another glorious mirror regardless!

It's two of the strongest Packmaster Kith players in the community - Dustin Drake​, who went undefeated for seven consecutive rounds of Swiss during the 2015 Conquest LCG World Championship, and Christopher Dale Bates​, who won the 2015 World Eater tournament at the Fantasy Flight Games main campus.

This is quite the match, and it features not just the tarot-size planet cards given out to the Top 8 at worlds 2015, but also a cameo from our lead designer as well! This one may be a relative quickie, but it comes to a nail biting conclusion. Enjoy!

Today, it's another match sent in by up-and-coming videographer John Gobeil! Enjoy a game in which he pilots Zarathur, High Sorcerer against Brett Gosling, whom plays as a variation of the increasingly-popular Space Marines heavy Commander Shadowsun deck ^_^

Note: for the next 7-10 days, I'll be rather occupied as the academic term transitions into final exams. There may be a lapse in daily videos, but we'll see what I can manage. Spring Break should be a great opportunity to re-establish a backlog of unlisted videos, because I'll have a significant amount of free time for the first time in a great while. Look forward to a lot of great stuff to come soon!

The current season of The Black Crusade draws ever closer to its inevitable conclusion, and today, two veritable titans collide. It's two-time champion, one-time runner-up Kevin "Corvus" Hynes (Packmaster Kith), against enigmatic OCTGN user randomjoe (Broderick Worr).

The winner of this match advances to the Top 8 (quarter finals) portion of the tournament, and the loser is ejected from the event. Will our established powerhouse, Corvus, reign supreme? Or, will randomjoe cause yet another one of the monumental upsets thus far seen over the course of the tournament?

This is a hell of a game, and I would encourage you not to miss it.

Plus, in a mere matter of hours, I play my very own Top 8 game against the winner of this match...

As the Winter academic term draws quickly to an end, I grow closer and closer to having the free time necessary to create fresh new videos!

But, in the ceaseless struggle of continuing to ever output your daily dose of Conquest LCG content, here's a game that I commentated *three months ago* honoring the legacy of friend of the channel Alexander Cimadon. Today, in a clash of titans and delightfully enjoyable game, it's Urien Rakarth against Colonel Straken (Sebastian Freiding). Enjoy!

After five grueling rounds of Swiss pairings, our retelling of the 2015 Russian National Championship progresses to the semi-finals! At one of the Top 4 tables, today we see Vasily Gudkov (Ragnar Blackmane) bring bolter and chainsword to bear against the unyielding psychic might of Igor Treskunov (Edorath Starbane). Only one player will advance, and and earn their chance to be crowned Russian champion. Don't miss another fantastic entry in this series, and enjoy!
Ragnar Blackmane versus Eldorath Starbane - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

A huge thanks to Anton Elizarov for providing me with this footage. To catch all subsequent matches in this series, here's a playlist:

2015 Russian National Championship Series - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Today, it's another match from the recent past of Conquest LCG! In preparation for the 2015 Nordic National Championships, Alexander Cimadon and Troels Berthelsen played a huge number of preparatory games (and filmed themselves while doing so). Today, I hope you enjoy one of those! It's Ku'gath Plaguefather versus Eldorath Starbane - and you thought that the Eldar were worried about falling to Slaanesh...

The inaugural, Winter 2016 season Sam Mann's "Black Crusade" moves ever closer to determining its first-ever champion!

Today, I hope you enjoy the match which I played in attempt to progress to the quarter-finals of the tournament. Feedback, advice, and constructive criticism regarding my gameplay are always encouraged, and I hope you enjoy the show.

Today, let's engage in a bit of Spring cleaning! In attempt to always cover the latest, newest content, a few videos I made back in Winter had been left behind and inadvertently forgotten - but today, we've another spectacular match taken from the 2015 Nordic National Championship!

It's Shas'o Kevin Engel (Commander Shadowsun), against Wych Victor Edstrøm (Packmaster Kith), in the semi-finals of said tournament; enjoy, and look forward to all kinds of thrilling new content to come soon!

The first season of The Black Crusade rapidly draws to its end! After eleven grueling weeks, within the next 10 days, our champion will finally be crowned - but today, we enjoy a spectacle of a game featuring two spectacularly talented players.

So, make sure to affix bayonets, because this quarter-finals game is a Broderick Worr mirror match pitting OCTGN user Prezi against Travis McDaniel!. This is a nail-biter of a game, and I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to let our players know what you think of their strategy and deck composition in the comments.

Today, prepare yourself for a genuine delight of a match! Courtesy of Omega Sector Gaming , enjoy a game pitting monstrous creature Ryan Murrell ("Old One Eye"), against up and coming champion of Khorne Thomas Wyatt Mellor (Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound)!
This game features a *very* Elite-heavy Ba'ar Zul deck, which attempts to make use of Throne of Vainglory. Are that 3 cost, economy support and our latest Chaos Warlord a match made in the fiery, unpredictable dynamism of the Warp? Or, if not, *will* this deck become a reality, with the advent of Master Warpsmith? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Note: my commentary has come a long way since I first started this channel, and I really tried to have fun with this match. Feedback and constructive criticism, as always, are welcome!

To check out an article by Omega Sector Gaming which discusses Throne of Vainglory specifically, be sure to give their website a visit!

Today, I'm honored to present a record-breaking, biggest-yet installment of The Tyrantcast! Beginning at 7:00AM last morning, this entire endeavor was recorded and edited in no more than a (albeit entire) single day. In episode twelve, our topics include:

- A full review of "What Lurks Below!"

- The Summer 2016 Tournament Kit

- The 2016 Regional Chamionships Kit

- Our new Conquest LCG Tournament Regulations

- Our FAQ Update (Version 2.0)

- The article "Then Next Step in Organized Play"

You're strongly encouraged to give this episode a listen, as the chemistry between Sam and I grows only stronger in time - plus, our discourse only ever seems to become more thorough, informative, and entertaining. So, I hope you tune in, enjoy, and have a wonderful Conquest LCG weekend!

Today, we debut the second semi-final match taken from the 2015 Russian National Championship! Thanks to footage courtesy of Anton Elizarov, I hope you enjoy a game pitting Klim Petrov (Eldorath Starbane), against Pavel Illichev (Packmaster Kith).
Of these two gentlemen, one will advance beyond this single elimination round, and the other will be removed from the tournament. The winner will go on to face our other victorious semi-finalist in one last game, and therein possess the chance to earn the accolade of 2015 Russian National Champion!
Enjoy a hell of a game, and thanks for keeping up with this spectacular series :) there's just one more round to go, and I hope you've had as much fun with this retelling of events as I have!
Eldorath Starbane versus Packmaster Kith - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

To check out the rest of the games in this series (e.g., our other semi-final match), here's a playlist for your viewing convenience. Enjoy!