The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Today, I'm pleased to present you with a very special community interview indeed! Be sure to check out a tournament report from none other than our recent, 2015 North American Champion - an autarch, if ever there was one - Pierson Payne! :D

With the Tyranids having finally seen an enormous abundance of love, lets not forget our original seven factions! I'm pleased to announce that my latest project​ is live - it's my overview and initial impressions of the non-Tyranid cards of The Great Devourer. Enjoy, and have a spectacular weekend! More awesome stuff coming soon.

Though we've now covered our first fourteen Warlords, the community spotlight series continues! Today, I'm joined by Tyler Thompson of The Warhammer 40K ConQast​, and we engage in an exciting, speculative discussion of the possibilities for one of our upcoming, Planetfall-cycle Warlords - Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound!

Looking forward to our Planetfall-cycle Astra Militarum? Well rejoice, for a new community spotlight is live! This time, I'm joined by John King of the Traxis Sector War Cast​, to discuss our upcoming new Warlord, Broderick Worr!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant

Well geez, I wasn't counting on a brand-new preview article dropping today! But nevertheless, to celebrate our exciting new reveal from the upcoming Planetfall cycle, why not keep that hype train moving by giving a look or listen to my latest project? Now that our first deluxe expansion is fully and exhaustively covered, this time, I provide an overview and healthy dose of lore-heavy speculation regarding the contents of our first three Planetfall War packs!

Enjoy!

Still enthused about our newest Tyranid warlord, just unveiled yesterday? Or, simply ever find yourself wondering what exactly a "Genestealer" even is?

Curious to learn some interesting trivia about "Subject: Ω-X62113?"

Well, then please join an extraordinarily enthusiastic me as I tackle our latest War Pack preview!
We all know that Orks are "Made Ta Fight," but as it turns out, I guess the Space Marines and Astra Militarum are too? A new community spotlight interview is live - please welcome back my returning guest Paul Steiner, as we discuss any and all things Gorzod!

Community Spotlight: Gorzod - featuring Paul Steiner

Coming very soon, an exhilarating new development is in the works! Today, I'm quite pleased to announce that MP3 versions of my existing content are in the process of being produced, and my RSS feed has been officially submitted to iTunes!

So, here's hoping you all enjoy listening to my wealth of currently available stuff, albeit in a soon, much more mobile-friendly and "away from home" convenient form than ever before! And of course, as always, there's much more Conquest content to come ; )

Here's a small sample, as an mp3 preview:

An Introduction to The Hive Tyrant
The Hive Tyrant (Audio Feed)

Help me to celebrate my MP3 format debut by participating in my second-ever "Q&A" giveaway! Just follow the link, and enter for your chance to win your choice of any three offered alternate art, promotional warlord cards!

The archive is complete! MP3 versions of each and every (relevant) video of mine to date are now online and fully available for your listening pleasure. Enjoy!

To anyone interested in regular subscription to MP3 versions of my content, I'm now officially live and searchable via the iTunes store! If you enjoy my stuff, you're certainly encouraged to leave a rating and review - be gentle with me! Enjoy.

The Hive Tyrant on iTunes

Today, please join me in celebration of our **50th** video with a truly enormous release! Watch, or listen, as special, returning guest Sam Mann and I engage in a discussion, overview, and thorough, statistical analysis of the current, Warlord Cycle metagame!

The inaugural installment of an exciting, albeit very occasional new series is here - it's "The State of the Meta!" Enjoy :)

Greetings, forums denizens! Please help me to celebrate my recent, 50th video release, by participating in my third "Q&A" contest giveaway! Granted, in the past three months I've managed to become a fairly visible community member, but there are so many others out there worthy of recognition as well - share your personal favorites after the link, and potentially win your choice of fabulous prize!

A new challenger has appeared! Sorry to Ambush you guys with this video, but a new community spotlight interview is now online and fully operational! Enjoy, for this one was an absolute blast.

Community Spotlight: "Subject: Ω-X62113" - featuring George Tinkham

The latest community spotlight interview is now live! Please join both myself and fellow, humble Tyranid enthusiast Peter David Molina, as we discuss his initial play experiences, thoughts, and conjecture, regarding the play of "Old One Eye!" Enjoy.

Community Spotlight: "Old One Eye" - featuring Peter David Molina

Today, I'm pleased to present a now-finished project that I started the notes for way back on July 7th! I may have allowed "recording anxiety" to get the better of me for far too many weeks when it came to this one, but please join me nevertheless in another piece of content, this time perhaps best suited for a newer to more intermediate player - it's my "The Howl of Blackmane" War Pack review!

The Howl of Blackmane - War Pack Review

Perhaps my utmost entertaining interview to date, this time I sat down with Dan Jung of " Casting Conquest " to discuss his top 4 placement in the recent 2015 Germany National Championship! This episode was an absolute blast, and I can scarcely recommend you check it out enough. Enjoy!

Today, I'm pleased to present the trial installment of another new video series! Be sure to check out a competitive "Old One Eye" deck list (and thorough deconstruction thereof), provided by none other than Justin Leisner (winner of the Adepticon 2015 Worldeater event, the 2015 Chicago Regional championship, and myriad other events).

Though my initial experimentation in brevity may have failed, many lessons were learned! If you, yourself, are interested in making one of these "brief," deck-centric videos with me, I encourage you to get in touch! Enjoy.

Too long have I gone since releasing any OCTGN gameplay! Therefore, please join me in viewing a fantastic, nail-biting match between our very own Sam Mann and George Tinkham!

Note: this is the first time I've ever attempted to provide mid-match commentary. Feedback and constructive criticism is welcome! Enjoy.

Happy Friday, everyone! In Today's video, I'm once again joined by Dan Jung, who placed top 4 in the recent, Germany National Championships, and we deconstruct the Aun'shi deck list that took his fellow competitor home the trophy! Enjoy.

While I'm in the process of moving into my new "production studio," I encourage you to check out my latest community interview! Thanks again to returning guest Davis Tower Kingsley​, as we talk all things Tyranids - and specifically, "The Swarmlord."

At this point, I've completed an interview for every warlord thus far released - or even spoiled! Have a fantastic weekend, everybody. Enjoy!

My final, pre-move project is now live! Please check out the recent opportunity I had to sit down with and talk to the renowned, five-time LCG World Champion (and our own Conquest LCG 2014 World Champion), Jeremy Zwirn!

Enjoy.
2014 World Championship Interview - featuring Jeremy Zwirn

Did you happen to see our latest news article from FFG, which was published a couple of days ago? Well, I did - while I was in the process of moving!

So, though my excitement had to wait, I'm now quite pleased to share with you my first project recorded from my new apartment AND with the first new microphone I've owned in the past ten years! Therefore, I very much hope you enjoy my talking anything and everything "Chaplain Mavros" in my latest and greatest article review!

"Wrath of the Crusaders" - Planetfall Cycle Preview

Does Urien Rakarth get far more of a bad rap than he deserves? Or, is he indeed genuine trash meant for no better than the gutters of Commorragh? You decide, in my latest deck deconstruction! This time, Seth Rosen (whom placed top 8 in the 2015 North American Championship at Gen Con), shares a strong, competitive list, and speaks at length regarding the merits of our less-loved Dark Eldar warlord. Enjoy!

Urien Rakarth - Deck Deconstruction

What's that? You mean to say that I actually played a game of Conquest? Well, I never!

Join me in checking out my recent match against Brian Ruptash​ of the First Planet Podcast​, which we played for Sam Mann​'s Warhammer 40k OCTGN WAAAGH!!! online competitive league.

Gain insight into the thought processes of an intermediate-level player (yours truly), as I try to navigate mys deck toward victory!

Feedback and criticism regarding both my gameplay and commentary style are encouraged. Enjoy!