The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Did you catch our latest preview article from Fantasy Flight Games​ yesterday, which revealed Archon Salaine Morn, the last to be unveiled warlord from our Planetfall cycle of war packs? Well, be sure to check out The Hive Tyrant's first thoughts and initial impressions of our newest Dark Eldar warlord, and please share your own in the comments!

Today, I'm pleased to present a *bonus* video in addition to your daily dose of The Hive Tyrant! Yesterday, Decree of Ruin was made available for widespread retail release - and something that hasn't been talked about much is that for the first time, our expansion included a story insert.
So, whether you've been able to get your own hands on our latest war pack or not, I'd encourage you to give a listen to the first chapter of our narrative below!
"Preparing for War" - Planetfall Cycle Narrative Part 1

But with the bonus aside, back to our regular schedule.

Days ago, Archon Salaine Morn was finally unveiled by
Fantasy Flight Games . Today, I welcome you to see our upcoming Dark Eldar warlord in action! Courtesy of Pejhmon Kamaie and Shirin, don't miss a match pitting her against the Tyranid warlord "Old One Eye!"
Lately, Pejhmon Kamaie has been having very reasonable competitive success with his intriguingly built Urien Rakarth deck. Today, watch our underloved Dark Eldar warlord duke it out with Shirin's Baharroth! Which of our players will survive, and who shall claim the title of The Hive Tyrant's champion? Follow the link and find out!

The Warlord cycle card evaluations continue! Do you know a player newer to Conquest? Be sure to direct them to this extraordinarily thorough series! Otherwise, feel free to join me in a bit of a thought experiment in assessing some of our older cards - today's topic, Old Zogwort. Is he underestimated? When will he make a resurgence in the meta, and under what circumstances? You're encouraged to leave your thoughts in the comments, and enjoy!

Thoroughly enjoying your vids!

Here's hoping that everyone is having a joyous weekend! Whether you're playing any matches yourself, or otherwise involved in non-Conquest activities (do such things exist?), I offer another game for your viewing pleasure! Courtesy of Alexander Cimadon, check out a match pitting Commander Shadowsun (Kevin Engel) against Zarathur, High Sorcerer (Per Engstrøm)! Enjoy ^_^

It's Monday! Compared to weekend analytics, people are much more likely today to kick back and watch some Conquest LCG - so, why not provide everyone with a bit of a treat? In another Planetfall cycle warlord preview courtesy of Pejhmon and Shirin, Talyesin Fharenal faces off against "Old One Eye." How will our newest Eldar warlord fare against our originally unveiled Tyranid? How might she compare to the existing Eldar options? Tune in to find out, and enjoy!

Today, we take a look back at the cards of Zogwort's Curse! How do these hold up over time, and are any worth giving reconsideration during the upcoming Planetfall cycle? Which are some of your personal favorites, and which look like they're doomed to be stuck in the binder forever? Leave your own thoughts in the comments, and enjoy! ^_^

As I sit down to edit together my "Legions of Death" article review, I cordially invite you to check out a hell of a game played during the 2015 Nordic National Championship - it's meta versus counter-meta as Packmaster Kith and Zarathur, High Sorcerer clash! In an epic match that's sure to give you an "Ø" face, do NOT miss Per Engstrøm versus Victor Edstrøm! :D

Today, there has been an Awakening - the Tomb Worlds are stirring, for the long dormant Necrons have finally arisen!

Following up on our recent, hugely exciting news from Fantasy Flight Games, check out a thorough overview and introduction to our new, eighth faction to be added to Conquest LCG, and regale yourself with The Hive Tyrant's first thoughts and initial impressions of what enormous changes "Legions of Death" may bring for our favorite card game!

I'm very pleased with how this video turned out, and I hope you enjoy it. Here's looking forward to our second deluxe expansion, perhaps only a mere few months away! :D

As 2015 draws to a close, the latest installment of The Tyrantcast is live! Yours truly is joined by as ever by Warmaster Sam Mann, and alongside guest Kurt Thompson (CardGameDB's Sizer), we touch on the game's latest news (i.e., the Archon Salaine Morn reveal), and engage in a lengthy of discussion of "jank" in Conquest LCG - meaning unconventional, atypical deck-building and experimentation. Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments, and enjoy!

Note: because of the unexpected, surprising news about Necrons, Tyrantcast #6 (a reanimated construct extravaganza), will be coming much sooner than the regular, bi-weekly schedule. Get excited!

Never forget your roots! Broderick Worr may be the man on everyone's mind lately, but today, enjoy a match pitting the "Arnold-Schwarzenegger-esque" Catachan jungle fighter Colonel Straken (Alexander Cimadon), up against the Phoenix Lord Baharroth (Jarl Due)!

Colonel Straken versus Baharroth - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Today, my favorite pair of players are at it again - and in his unending deck-building endeavor to push Urien Rakarth to as competitive a tier as is possible, Pejhmon Kamaie attempts to bring the wrath of our second Dark Eldar warlord down upon Shirin, whom has chosen to pilot the Tyranid "Old One Eye" in fine style. Whose cuisine will reign supreme? Be sure not to miss this delightful match!

Because we couldn't bear to wait an entire fortnight before covering such exciting news, a bonus installment of the bi-weekly Tyrantcast has arrived early!

Today, Warmaster Sam Mann and I discuss the biggest, most exciting announcement since the reveal of the Tyranids - the announcement of the Legions of Death deluxe expansion, and our upcoming Necrons faction! This episode was pure joy to record, and be sure to listen to the very end ;) enjoy!

Today, a glorious match drawn from Conquest's recent past - our undying champion of the Astra Militarum, Colonel Straken (Alexander Cimadon), faces off against the perpetuity that is Captain Cato Sicarius (Troes Berthelsen)!

Here's wishing everyone well, and enjoy the game!

The beginner-friendly, Warlord cycle card evaluations must continue! Today, we turn our critical gaze upon Torquemada Coteaz. For the veterans out there, please share your own thoughts and opinion in the comments - what are your best and worst play experiences with this warlord? Does he have a place in a meta which also contains Broderick Worr, or is he bound to be forgotten during the Planetfall cycle? Enjoy, and I look forward to reading your thoughts!

Something short and sweet today, as I don't expect too many of you will be watching! ;) All the same, what better time than the holidays for some intra-family strife? Eldorath (Emil Raneklint) fights Baharroth (Oliver Pocknell), in another lovely match of Conquest LCG! Enjoy, and happy holidays to anyone celebrating this wintry season. Note: I'll be home soon, and can resume my regular production schedule.

Did you catch our latest spoiler card, unveiled courtesy of Scott and Brian from the First Planet Podcast? Well, be sure to take a look and listen to my preliminary thoughts and first impressions of the Dire Avenger Exarch!

Dire Avenger Exarch! Boundless Hate Preview

What's the first thing I did, when I got home from visiting family over the holidays? Why, I commentated my first match of Conquest LCG in a week, of course! Today, Shirin's proxied Chaplain Mavros takes on Pejhmon's powerhouse of a Broderick Worr deck. Who shall rule the Traxis Sector, as we head into the year 40,016? I cannot encourage you enough NOT to miss this incredible match!
Note: I realized far too late that I had accidentally recorded audio using my laptop's built in microphone, as opposed to my fancy one. So, please forgive the "one time only" poor audio quality, but I hope you enjoy some very relaxed and laid-back commentary regardless! Happy holidays.
Chaplain Mavros versus Broderick Worr - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Also! The Hive Tyrant is getting extremely close to 300 Facebook followers, and 1000 subscribers on YouTube ! Feeling generous this holiday season? Just one click helps you to not only stay up to date regarding my upcoming content and "in the works" projects, but also helps increase the visibility and reach of Conquest LCG! Your engagement helps grow our community.
Recently, we took a look at Torquemada Coteaz, and today, we assess the remainder of The Threat Beyond war pack! As our analysis of the Warlord cycle draws to a close, I hope you enjoy this video, and encourage you to share this project with players newer to the game in particular. How do these cards hold up today? Are any of them worth revisiting? What are the best and worst cards of the pack? I'll look forward to reading your thoughts in the comments! ^_^

TheHiveTyrant, on 26 Dec 2015 - 4:38 PM, said:

Did you catch our latest spoiler card, unveiled courtesy of Scott and Brian from the First Planet Podcast? Well, be sure to take a look and listen to my preliminary thoughts and first impressions of the Dire Avenger Exarch!

In case you did not kow ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Taliesin

Perhaps I'm just dense, but can I ask what you're wanting to draw my attention to? That this book is perhaps the inspiration for Talyesin's name, or are there some deeper parallels I'm not seeing?

TheHiveTyrant, on 28 Dec 2015 - 7:20 PM, said:

Ash_Durant, on 28 Dec 2015 - 5:46 PM, said:

TheHiveTyrant, on 26 Dec 2015 - 4:38 PM, said:TheHiveTyrant, on 26 Dec 2015 - 4:38 PM, said:

In case you did not kow ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Taliesin

Perhaps I'm just dense, but can I ask what you're wanting to draw my attention to? That this book is perhaps the inspiration for Talyesin's name, or are there some deeper parallels I'm not seeing?

Most people refer to the album by Deep Purple but that title was also inspired by this piece of work.

Several names of the Eldar Craftworlds are also based on the Celtic culture.

Just nice reference, nothing more ;)

As the year draws quickly to a close, and the abundance of free time I've been able to dedicate to Conquest LCG up to this point is about to come to a sudden, unfortunate end, I wanted to take the time to provide a brief channel update - what can you expect from me over the next several months? What can you expect from me over the next several years?

In today's video, I provide a succinct history and overview of my channel, talk about my content production process, share my dreams for the future of The Hive Tyrant project, and, as I rapidly approach a total of one thousand YouTube subscribers, am pleased to announce a new contest - so, be sure to give this video either a watch or a listen, and enter for your chance to win a copy of the upcoming Legions of Death deluxe expansion!

Thank you to everyone for your understanding, encouragement, and camaraderie over these past several months - because each and every one of you are exactly what makes this community such a wonderful thing to be a part of.

For the first time in weeks, I return to the OCTGN arena! In the near future, Boundless Hate will be released - so why not enjoy a preview match pitting our two upcoming warlords against one another? Archon Salaine Morn (Travis McDaniel) clashes with Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound (Guy Lev)! Which warlord do you like more? Which has more potential to rise to competitive prominence? Be sure to let me know in the comments, and enjoy!