The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Alexander Cimadon sent me my first several live-action games, and for that, I shall forever be thankful. Today, I continue to honor our partnership with the first video of his I've posted in quite a while! Short and sweet, I hope you enjoy a match pitting Ku'gath Plaguefather (Alexander) against Packmaster Kith (Sebastian Freiding). Have a spectacular weekend!

Another new video contributor has appeared - and this time, its a fellow resident of the Pacific Northwest of the United States! Thomas Wyatt Mellor and the Omega Sector Gaming crew are relative newcomers to Conquest LCG, but interpret their picking up our card game as a bit of a demonstration that its continuing to grow, and that we keep ushering new players into our expanding community.

In the first of what's sure to eventually become a routine appearance on my channel, I hope you enjoy a match pitting "The Swarmlord" (Ryan Murrell), against Ragnar Blackmane (Thomas Wyatt Mellor). The OSG crew are still burgeoning Conquest players, and further, are relatively new to the concept of filming themselves - so, feedback, advice, and constructive criticism regarding their gameplay, strategy, and manner of filming are welcome!

Your support and encouragement can help them to develop into masterful players, and contribute to their producing some very high quality videos. All the same, I hope you enjoy today's match, and have a great weekend! Who knows - because of OSG's proximity to me, maybe someday you'll even see yours truly, featured in some of these!

To this day, Warmaster Sam Mann​'s "Black Crusade," an online Conquest LCG competitive league, continues! With well over one hundred entrants this season, the matches have already been fierce - and today, I'm pleased to present my very own week two game!
In this video, can The Hive Tyrant​ stand a chance against one of the most competent players from the Omaha region (OCTGN user legionthree), or will he regret ever signing up for the league in the first place? Should he stick to commentary and enthusiast content creation, and leave the actual gameplay to more talented players? Will he ever stop mentioning how few games of Conquest he has actually sat down and taken the opportunity to play? ;)
Be sure not to miss this delight of a match, and you are *strongly* encouraged to leave feedback and constructive criticism regarding my gameplay and strategy. Your feedback helps me to become a more competent player! Enjoy.

Broderick Worr versus Captain Cato Sicarius - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
Conquest LCG is a multi-national game, but one of the least well-represented metas online happens to be that of Russia. However, friend of the channel Anton Elizarov seeks to bring those days to an end!

After having recently interviewed Brad Andres in text ("In the Grim Darkness of Distant Russia..."), Anton has opted to share with me a total of eight individual matches which he filmed at the 2015 Russian National Championships - five were drawn from the consecutive rounds of Swiss pairings, and the remaining three together compose the final few championship matches of the event.

Today, I hope you enjoy the first of these games (one taken from the various rounds of Swiss), and I'm delighted to have the chance to re-live and chronicle the matches leading up to the Russian Championship itself with viewers such as you!

So, a tremendous thanks to Anton for affording me this unique opportunity, and here's hoping this marks the beginning of a long alliance between Russia and The Hive Tyrant from this point forward in history! Perhaps Conquest LCG just might be the key to world peace we've all been looking for, for all these years...

Over the past couple of weeks, I've become fast friends with the gentlemen over at Omega Sector Gaming . In fact, due largely to the warm, positive, and encouraging community reception of their first video, they've already been motivated to film and send over another!
Here's hoping that this indeed marks the beginnings of a long alliance between OSG and The Hive Tyrant , and remember that as they're based somewhat locally, it's even possible that someday, yours truly might show up in some of these videos!
All the same, today I hope you enjoy seeing our brand-new, Khornate warlord in action in tabletop form - it's Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound (Thomas Wyatt Mellor) versus Nazdreg (Josh Fiske). Enjoy! ^_^
Ba'ar Zul the Hate-Bound versus Nazdreg - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

To keep up with the latest news and events relevant to my channel, be sure to throw a sympathy "Like" to my Facebook page!
The featured table for The Black Crusade, an online competitive Conquest LCG league, has returned, and the competition has become indescribably fierce. Today, I'm honored to present perhaps the single most intense match I've ever had the opportunity to witness; two-time online tournament champion (and one time runner-up), Kevin Hynes, aka "Corvus," faces the seasoned, calculating Guy Lev.

If you've seen many of my previous videos, then Guy is likely by no means unknown to you. He's a talented player in his own right, but does he stand a chance against one of the most indomitable players in the world?

I cannot recommend this game enough - so tune in, and enjoy!

From the very heart of Fantasy Flight Games itself - their Event Center in Roseville, Minnesota - please enjoy the second of a trio of matches submit by friend of the channel Christopher Dale Bates (OCTGN user braindamaged99)!

For today's game, dogg, I heard you like Eldorath Starbane - so why not pit Eldorath Starbane against Eldorath Starbane, so that you can watch Eldorath Starbane while you're watching Eldorath Starbane?

Today's mirror match features Taylor Parolini versus Doug Nordine! Enjoy, and look forward to a nearly 200-minute-long Tyrantcast to drop tomorrow!

Oh - and if you're one of the lucky few local to Roseville, MN, then harass dear Christopher for me to keep sending in games! ;)

A brand-new episode of the bi-weekly Tyrantcast has been unleashed upon the world! Today, Warmaster Sam Mann and I discuss a swathe of different topics, including:
- Our first impressions of Boundless Hate
- The Space Marines faction card spoilers from Deadly Salvage
- A deck designed to "break" Conquest LCG
- The announcement of Spring 2016 Tournament kits
Plus, for the last hour or so of the episode we're joined by Scott and Brian, co-hosts of the First Planet Podcast​, for a debate regarding which of our existing Space Marines faction warlords is the superior choice.
This was a monumental undertaking of an episode, but as ever, it was lots of fun to record, and we hope you enjoy it!
The Tyrantcast #9: Boundless Hate Review, Planetfall Cycle Spoilers, and the Space Marines Throwdown

An MP3 version of this episode of The Tyrantcast is also available at: https://soundcloud.com/thehivetyrant
Do you enjoy The Hive Tyrant content? If so, keep up to date on all my latest projects by following me at Facebook , Twitter , and if you'd like to donate to support and improve the channel, be sure to check out Patreon !
Your encouragement and support helps keep me motivated to continue contributing to our community - feedback, comments, and constructive criticism to improve my content is always welcome!
Edited by TheHiveTyrant
To me, there are few things in life more delightful than watching two dear friends with a match of Conquest LCG ongoing between them. Today, I invite you to join Alexander Cimadon and Troels Berthelsen for more of their practice leading to the 2015 Nordic National Championship - Chaos fights Eldar, as Ku'gath Plaguefather tests his might against Eldorath Starbane! Enjoy ^_^

Today, Sam Mann's Black Crusade continues, and I'm honored to present you with one of my very own matches!

In the league, the more games you win, the more formidable your opponents become. As the result of my having attained 2 wins and 0 losses thus far, in the third week of the tournament I was unfortunate enough to be pit against Rick Reinhart (aka OCTGN user papakhann), a gentleman whom made the Top 16 of the 2015 Conquest LCG World Championship.

Is there any hope for a player of my experience level to win out against one of the most talented players out there? Rick was quite the gentleman when I met him in person during the World Championship, but then again, back then, he and I weren't hoping to eliminate one another from a tournament...

This is not a match to miss. Feedback and constructive criticism regarding my gameplay and strategy is encouraged - with your advice and perspective, hopefully someday I'll stand to become a truly competent player. This was a rather mentally arduous game to play and commentate thereafter, so I hope you enjoy the finished product at least twice as much as I did!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Today marks a red letter day - with the advent of Boundless Hate, Archon Salaine Morn was unleashed upon the Traxis Sector. Now, witness her non-proxy, tabletop debut on my channel!

Even better, though, is that I've now been fortunate enough to discover another regular contributor of footage for commentated games - none other than one of my closest community colleagues, the skillful Travis McDaniel! Can his friend Alexander Gentry hope to overcome the wrathful Broderick Worr, by piloting our latest Dark Eldar warlord? Tune in and find out, and look forward to many more (with significantly improved visual quality), games from Travis to come!

Today, I'm delighted to present a genuine epic of a match! Enjoy, as Commissar Barrie Wardle digs in and takes to the trenches, in command of the Astra Militarum, ordering his troops to man their bolters and lasguns while the skies quickly fill with avian Eldar under the direction of Phoenix Lord Ben Crawford, pelting the Guard troops with the withering fire of their myriad shuriken catapults.

Which faction shall reign supreme? Can Baharroth hope to triumph over Broderick Worr? I suggest that when time allows it, you kick back, relax, and revel in today's monster of a game - and a tremendous thanks to the Guardians of Tyr (a United Kingdom event organizer), for their footage, and thanks to Northants Wargamers, a gaming club, in Northampton, England, for recording this match in the first place. Enjoy!

It's Wednesday, and that means it's time for another Featured Match from The Black Crusade! Taken from the third week of the tournament, today I'm pleased to share a game pitting two undefeated players against one another - it's Eric "Whiteblade" Keilback versus Joel "DrThodt" Henigson.

Eric Keilback​ is known in our community for having been a strong, early proponent of Urien Rakarth - and he has the skill to make one of our weakest warlords appear reasonably competitive, to the surprise and delight of many.

Joel Henigson​'s first match in the Black Crusade was against two-time champion, one-time runner-up Kevin "Corvus" Hynes, and to the bewilderment of the community, he managed to take down one of the utmost competent players out there.

Which of these two shall reign supreme? Shall it be Eric's classic Zarathur, or Joel's unconventional Ku'gath? Be sure to tune in to find out, and enjoy some rather high level play!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Today, I hope you enjoy the most fun I've had commentating a match in a very long time - from new channel contributor Rik Hyde​, it's a Tyranid faction mirror match! As the work-week draws to a close, "The Swarmlord" faces "Old One Eye." Can Termagant tokens best formidable Tyranid Elites? Or, is quality more important than quantity? Does size really matter? Be sure to watch to find out, and I hope you enjoy this delight of a match!
"Old One Eye" versus "The Swarmlord" - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

To check out more videos from Richard Hyde , be sure to check him out on YouTube.
Edited by TheHiveTyrant

Today, I hope you enjoy the second of eight individual matches each captured during the 2015 Conquest LCG Russian National Championship!

Supplied courtesy of Anton Elizarov (Ragnar Blackmane, in this video), this match features one of many rounds of fiercely competitive Swiss pairings. Plus, the competition stands only to become all the more formidable and high-stakes with time, and though we work our way inevitably toward the finals, in the meantime, why not enjoy another gae bringing a bit of a spotlight to an underrepresented national meta?

So, thanks again to Elizarov for providing with this footage, and enjoy the show!

Note: unfortunately, many of the names of the various tournament entrants and participants were lost to the ages - and in attempt to pair players and decks, I erroneously refer to the Eldorath player in this video as "Igor Treskunov." This is not accurate, although Igor *is* featured in several other videos in this series. My sincerest apologies to Igor, but I hope you enjoy the match regardless!

Today, I present the penultimate installment of a series which I finished almost two months ago, yet which kept getting placed on the back burner in favor of new, contemporary content focused on our newest releases. Several weeks back, I directed my analytical and evaluative mind upon Baharroth, our second Eldar warlord, but now, lets assess the other commanding officer included within the Descendants of Isha war pack - Urien Rakarth! So, I hope you enjoy this video, and look forward to the conclusion of this series soon ^_^ Be sure to leave your own Urien pro-tips in the comments!

Note: this is the last formal and structured warlord review I intend to do for the foreseeable future, and after releasing the Descendants of Isha non-signature, non-warlord card review, I'll be putting the production of these "card evaluation" videos on indefinite hold.

So, I hope you all enjoyed this enormously time intensive project evaluating the core set, The Great Devourer, and the entirety of the Warlord cycle, but from now on, all card evaluations will be taking place exclusively in The Tyrantcast podcast series. All the same, thanks for listening, and keep looking forward to more great content to come!

Each week during The Black Crusade (a competitive, online OCTGN tournament for Conquest LCG), you are randomly paired against opponents that have performed just as well as you have.

Having gone undefeated for the first three weeks of the tournament, I ended up being matched against Davis Kingsley - he took 2nd place during the 2014 World Championship, placed in the top 4 of the 2015 North American National Championship, and is someone justifiably regarded by many to be one of the best Conquest players in the world.

Today, I'm honored to present that game - it's time for me to demonstrate just what caliber of player I actually happen to be.

Today marks the release of the inaugural installment of "Monday's Mirror Mayhem!" It's a new series of commentated gameplay videos which feature friends of the channel Pejhmon Kamaie and Shirin, each piloting a tournament-quality deck captained by the same warlord (i.e., a mirror match), but each built with a different choice of allied faction.
What makes this project special is that each week, viewers will be able to vote for which mirrored warlord they want to see played the following Monday, and for more details about this project, be sure to check out the following CardGameDB link and cast a vote for what match-up you want to see most! This weekly series is going to be a blast, and I hope you enjoy it at least half so much as I do.
For our first episode, our featured warlord is Zarathur, High Sorcerer! The series is off to a great start, and with your input, this will hopefully develop into something genuinely fantastic.
Zarathur, High Sorcerer versus Zarathur, High Sorcerer:Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

To cast your vote for what warlord mirror you hope to see featured next Monday, be sure to cast your vote here !

I've scarcely been able to make time for Conquest this week, but thankfully, I've established a bit of a video surplus for until life calms back down a bit! Today, enjoy a match featuring new contributors Travis McDaniel and Alexander Gentry, as Archon Salaine Morn attempts again to tear down the unwavering resolve of Broderick Worr!

After six consecutive weeks, the Swiss pairings portion of Sam Mann's Black Crusade (an online, competitive OCTGN league for Conquest LCG), is drawing rapidly to a close! However, while our players conclude their final Swiss matches, why not enjoy the fifth week's Featured Table? Today, it's Old Zogwort (user intolerance), versus Packmaster Kith (user voidreturn)!

Today, enjoy the third of a series of matches captured by Christopher Dale Bates at the Fantasy Flight Games Event Center itself! Taylor Parolini takes up the helm of Eldorath Starbane, and attempts to quash Tony Christie's rather atypically built Zarathur, High Sorcerer deck. Can our Eldar player elude the perils of the warp, or shall he succumb to the pursuit of ancient kept secrets as have so many before him? Tune in to find out, and enjoy!

Have you been enjoying the 2015 Russian National Championship series, provided courtesy of "friend of the channel" Anton Elizarov? Well, then I hope you love our latest installment! It's another harrowing round of Swiss, pitting Ragnar Blackmane (Anton), up against one of the best Eldorath pilots in the business - Klim Petrov! I most definitely recommend giving this match a watch, and I hope everyone has the most glorious of weekends. Enjoy! ^_^

The 10th episode of The Tyrantcast has arrived! Today, The Hive Tyrant​ and Warmaster Sam Mann are joined by returning guests Parker Ince and Kurt Thompson, and together, we all share our initial impressions of the Tau faction spoiler cards from Deadly Salvage. Then, our guests proceed to "throw down," and debate which of our two Tyranid warlords is the superior choice. Plenty of Tyranid deck-building and strategy is discussed, and this made for a very enjoyable, informative listen. So, enjoy your weekend, and consider making the latest installment of The Tyrantcast a part of it!

With having played no more than only a small fraction of games relative to some of the best players in our community, my caliber of play has been able to improve dramatically over time, regardless. However, today bear witness that I still have much, much growing to do, as a player!

In my week five match for Sam Mann's Black Crusade (an online, competitive OCTGN league), I was pit against user RedAngelofDeath. My choice of warlord was Broderick, and his, too, was Broderick.

As always, your advice and perspective regarding my gameplay and general strategy would be very appreciated - particularly because this match was a bit of a struggle for me, and you'll most definitely note I make several frighteningly poor plays.

So, hopefully someday I'll ascend to being a champion-level player - but it is most definitely not this day! All the same, I hope you enjoy my latest match.