The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

The frenzy of activity associated with end of term academia has drawn my attention from LCGs, but as I look forward to the freedom of Summer, let's enjoy the first live-action game I've had the opportunity to release in nearly three weeks! Courtesy of friend of the channel Søren Pedersen, it's a modern-day Colonel Straken versus our new Vehicle-heavy Eldorath Starbane (Martin Kriegsbaum)!

Does Straken offer anything in a tournament that Worr does not, or may our AM player just as well be using a totally blank warlord card? Is there any competitive incentive to run our original Astra Militarum warlord over our other, more proven options? Do be sure to let me know in the comments your thoughts on on our players' gameplay, their deck-building, and my out-of-practice shoutcasting! Your feedback for how to make these videos as good as they can be is more welcome, encouraged, and appreciated than ever before. Enjoy!

This Sunday, enjoy the week four Featured Match from "The Black Crusade" online Conquest LCG OCTGN league! Today, we observe two Tier-One warlords both in their natural habitat - it's the Crozius Arcanum of Chaplain Mavros (Jenny Schafer) against the Commissarial Bolt Pistol of Broderick Worr (Travis McDaniel)! Can our newest Space Marine added to the Traxis Sector surmout the established to be formidable Broderick? Or, is Worr's time in the tournament limelight complete? Be sure to tune in to find out, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Though the Planetfall Cycle has been fully released, I still need to catch up on narrative - so, please join me in enjoying a dramatized reading of the fourth installment of our tale of the conquest of Sacaellum, "Decrepit Halls!"
Here's wishing you a great week, and look forward to hearing how I perform at my Regional championship this Friday!

Decrepit Halls - Planetfall Cycle Narrative Part 4 - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Today marks the one year anniversary of The Hive Tyrant channel!

Thanks to the unrelenting support and contributions of countless community members, whether they took part in commentated gameplay videos, talked to me during interviews or while podcasting, or simply clicked on a link to check out some new piece of content, we've together amassed over 150,000 Conquest LCG video views to date. So, a tremendous thank you to everyone who played even the barest hint of a role in making my YouTube into what it's become; being a part of this community provides a sincere sense of belonging and meaning, to me.

So, what better way to celebrate this milestone than with the release of my 300th video? It's another one of my mid-game, commentated matches drawn from The Black Crusade - can I manage to maintain my win streak thus far, and go 4-0 undefeated? We shall see what OCTGN user Kingdarkriver's Captain Cato Sicarius has to say about it! So, I hope you enjoy today's video, and look forward to another still more exciting project to debut tomorrow!

Today, it's my Week Five match taken from The Black Crusade! My Broderick Worr versus Dustin Drake's Packmaster Kith - and considering that he was the sole entrant to go undefeated during the seven consecutive games of Swiss which took place during the Conquest LCG 2015 World Championships, do I have even the barest hint or sliver of a chance at winning? Or, am I doomed to suffer inevitable and humiliating defeat?

Be sure to check out the video to find out, and considering my Regional Championship is tomorrow, please take a moment to leave your advice and suggestions for how I could improve my gameplay in the comments! By no means am I an experienced player, and I have a huge lack of practice against Packmaster Kith. All the same, I hope you enjoy the video, and look forward to a HELL of a game to debut tomorrow!

As today I prepare for my Regional Championship, enjoy two true champions pit against one another! During the Week Five Featured Match of The Spring 2016 Black Crusade, we have the CardGameDB adminstrator and host of 40kconquest.blogspot.com himself, Paul Steiner, as Torquemada Coteaz, against the unwavering Orkish might of Elliott Dawson, the gentleman whom took Nazdreg to the Top 4 of the 2015 Conquest LCG World Championships.

Two under-valued warlords are piloted by masterful players - yet who shall reign triumphant?

I haven't seen a game so tense and harrowing in ages - so enjoy it, and by no means is it acceptable to miss this! Spread it to everyone you know, and here's hoping my "while rather tired

commentary doesn't do these players any disservice. Enjoy!

Now, back to preparing for my first ever IRL Conquest LCG tournament...

After ages of editing, The Tyrantcast #17 is finally LIVE! Today, Sam Mann and I start with a channel update, and then preview Jain Zar, our denial-based new Death World Eldar warlord. Afterward, we spend the better part of the episode giving our full review and first impressions of Legions of Death, the second deluxe expansion to come to Conquest LCG!

This ended up being a nearly four hour episode, but I hope you enjoy it. Feedback and constructive criticism, as ever, are encouraged, and do share with Sam and I what you think about so many exciting new cards! Apart from my friendship and camaraderie with Sam, engagement with the community is what makes this podcast worthwhile. Take care, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

As many of the 187 entrants of the Spring 2016 season of Sam Mann 's Black Crusade wait with baited breath to see if they made it into the Top Cut and single elimination rounds of the tournament, today I bring you the Week Six Featured Match!

Two of the best Conquest LCG players in our community face off against one another - and only one will advance to the top cut of the tournament. In a winner takes all match, it's Kevin "Corvus" Hynes versus Davis Tower Kingsley!

This ended up being an incredible game, and marvelously demonstrates pinnacle tier play. So watch, enjoy, and a here's giving a tremendous thank-you to everyone who participated in the Spring 2016 Black Crusade! Best of luck to everyone hoping to continue to advance into the Top Cut, and I look forward to crowning our champion. Take care!

The Spring 2016 Black Crusade has ended for many - but will it end for me? For week six, I was pit against the Old Zogwort of OCTGN user Intolerance. Having recently placed 2nd at my 31 person Regional Championship, will I once again fail in my moment of most desperate need? Or, shall I instead reign triumphant, make the Top Cut, and again have the possibility of someday winning the world's premiere online Conquest LCG tournament?

This is a marathon of a game, but it should have scarcely a dull moment - and it's probably long enough to last you until I finish my last final exam this Thursday, when I can make my successful return to focusing on making LCG video content for our online community!

So, I hope you enjoy today's game, and please leave your suggestions and feedback for how I can continue to improve as a player and commentator in the comments! I remain far from what I would consider to be "good," and any suggestions or help is/are sincerely appreciated.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the world's largest online Conquest LCG tournament! It's been a blast so far, and I look forward to determining our new champion in the next several weeks.

Thanks to our friends from the Russian meta, today the Necrons make their live-action channel debut! It's up-and-comer Nahumekh (Anton Elizarov) pit against the implacable Captain Cato Sicarius (Pasha "NecRus888" ilichev).

Shall our superhuman Space Marines be rent to their particulate matter by the Gauss weaponry of the encroaching Necrons? Or instead, will bolter and chainsword prove just as brutally effective against living metal as they are against anything else? Be sure to tune in to find out, and enjoy today's match! A huge thanks to our players for sending in this footage.

Today, I present the Spring 2016 Black Crusade Top 32 Single Elimination Featured Match! We see two incredible players:
Paul Steiner (Torquemada Coteaz) has made the top cut of four fiercely competitive online leagues, is an invaluable community member (moderator of CardGameDB and pioneer of 40kconquest.blogspot.com), and was champion of the Winter 2015 OCTGN WAAAGH!!!
Seth Rosen (Urien Rakarth) not only took 2nd place during the 2015 World Championship (and placed top 8 in the 2015 North American National Championship), but has played an oft-maligned warlord all the way to the top cut! He is a pillar of the Chicagoan local community, as well.
This game sees two immensely talented individuals both choosing to play rather unconventional decks. One shall live, and one shall die, for the loser is removed from the league.
Who wins today's match? Cast your bets now, and enjoy a hell of a game as you find out!

Urien Rakarth versus Torquemada Coteaz - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

The latest episode of The Tyrantcast is live, and it's the single most-fun entry published to date!

Today's topics include:

- Mitch's Regional Championship experience, in which he took 2nd place of 31 entrants at the Evergreen Tabletop Expo in Tacoma, WA

- the Jungles of Nectavus "spoilers" for our Space Marines cards, and some Death World cycle speculation (note that this episode was recorded the day before the full pack was spoiled)

- Our full "look back at the pack" or retrospective on Ku'gath Plaguefather and the non-signature cards from "The Scourge" war pack!

This one was an absolute delight to record, and apart from continued technical difficulties (my sincerest apologies for Sam's sub-par audio quality), it should hopefully make for a very entertaining listen. So enjoy, and let Sam and I know what you think in the comments! Have a great weekend, everyone.

Jungles of Nectavus has been spoiled, so why not take our first Death World Cycle warlord for a test drive?

Today, enjoy your first taste of the Deep Strike mechanic in action, as Epistolary Vezuel (Guy Lev) takes up arms against Talyesin Fharenal (Thomas Wyatt Mellor). Be sure to let me know what you think of both players' strategy and gameplay in the comments, and share your first impressions and opinions of Deep Strike! Is it initially underwhelming, or is it going to be changing the landscape of our favorite competitive LCG for the rest of eternity?

Enjoy, everybody, because this match ended up being a delight. Take care, and revel in the splendor that is #ConquestLCG!

Today, it's another incredible Featured Match taken from the Spring 2016 season of The Black Crusade! We now find ourselves in the Top 16, and only one of these players will advance to the Top 8. Will it be Ku'gath Plaguefather (OCTGN user goboxel), with his teleporting Daemon Elites? Or instead, shall the unwavering faith and hatred of Chaplain Mavros (OCTGN user elmios) end up purging the unclean of the warp?

This was a genuine delight of a game, and showcases some premiere tier play - I hope you enjoy it half so much as I did, so kick back, relax, and take care!

Note: I'll respond to the recent comments in this thread shortly. In the meantime, here's the plug for today's video...

The recent unveil of Vha'shaelhur, the fourth, Slaanesh-trait Chaos warlord from the imminently upcoming Death World cycle seems to have blown the community's collective mind - so, why not provide everyone with some entertainment and visible to the public playtesting in the form of a proxy preview?
Today, we have the honor of witnessing Warmaster Sam Mann himself in action - can he manage to overcome a rather skillfully piloted "Swarmlord," under the control of Eric Keilback? Or, should I have left Vha'shaelhur to keep simmering until the Death World cycle has afforded the creature additional deck-building options?
Be sure to let me know what you think of both players' strategy, gameplay, and deck-building in the comments, and enjoy a true spectacle of a match! Have a good one.
Alas, I didn't have the talent to make it to the Black Crusade Top Cut this Spring 2016 season myself, so why not enjoy a second weekly Featured Match? Today, we experience the prodigious play of two immensely skillful players - it's Seth Rosen's Urien Rakarth against OCTGN user blacklanner's Chaplain Mavros!

Shall Seth continue to be rewarded for his audacity to keep playing perhaps Conquest LCG's single weakest warlord? Or instead, will Chaplain Mavros finally be the one to bring Seth's statistically anomalous win-rate to an end, in eliminating him from the tournament?

This is NOT a game to miss - and rest assured, I don't interfere with the match this time. So enjoy, and revel in another delightful game featuring our runner-up 2015 World Champion!

Were you intending to watch your favorite movie, this Sunday? Well, let me present a two-hour #ConquestLCG alternative to you! Today, Illuminor Szeras (Joel Henigson), makes his Death World cycle warlord proxy debut - up against everyone's favorite Ethereal, the Armorbane-favoring Aun'shi (Thomas Wyatt Mellor)!

Given Szeras' predilection for healing, this ended up making for a marathon of a game - but all the same, I hope you enjoy it! Does Szeras strike you as competitive as is, or should he hope and pray for additional card support in packs 2 and 3 of the Death World cycle? And how about Aun'shi - is it time he sees his place in the competitive limelight?

Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments, and enjoy!

Today, we bear witness to the final match of the Bologna, Italy Regional Championship! It's a contemporary take on the classic matchup of Packmaster Kith (Davide Cesari) versus Eldorath Starbane (Valerio Govoni). After many grueling rounds of Swiss and single elimination, only one of these two players shall lay claim to the championship - so enjoy, and have a wonderful start to your week!

It's a "Top 8" Featured Match taken from the Spring 2016 season of The Black Crusade! Today, we see 2015 runner-up world champion Seth Rosen's Urien Rakarth pit against the Broderick Worr of Swedish OCTGN user vonfersen.

Will Seth have the requisite combination of luck and skill necessary to pilot Urien all the way to claiming the championship of this record-breaking, 187 person online tournament? Or instead, will the formidable and adroitly piloted Astra Militarum warlord bring Rakarth's time in the limelight to an unfortunate, albeit deserved end?

Either way, this was a fantastic match, and I certainly recommend giving it a watch. So, enjoy it, have a good one, take care, and I thank you for your continued support of my channel!

After far too long a delay since we last enjoyed an installment, let us continue our 2016 Russian Store Championship tournament! In an eight-game series delivered courtesy of Anton Elizarov, today it's Eldorath Starbane (Klim Petrov) versus Packmaster Kith (Andrey Schekotilov). Which of these talented players shall reign triumphant, and who shall progress to the top cut? This was a fun little match, and I hope you enjoy it!
Packmaster Kith versus Eldorath Starbane - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

For a link to the playlist which contains this entire series thus far, check here .

Episode #19 of The Tyrantcast is live! Alongside guest-host Brian Ruptash from the First Planet Podcast , today the cast and crew:

- Unveil exclusive new spoiler cards from Unforgiven!

- Engage in a lengthy chat about the preview article for "The Warp Unleashed," revealing Vha'shaelhur

- Provide our full review of Jungles of Nectavus, war pack one of the Death World cycle!

- Discuss the 2016 USA National Championships and congratulate our new champion, Rick Reinhart

Note: Sam's audio has finally been fixed! The Tyrantcast continues to be a labor of love, albeit a mountain of editing effort. So, here's hoping you have a great weekend, that you enjoy our latest episode, and I wish you the best! Take care, community -thank you all for making this LCG to me what it is.

I've updated and rebuilt the opening post that contains links to all my video series, ongoing projects, social media resources, etc. Note that every warlord has its own dedicated video playlist, now. For the ease of finding a specific kind of gameplay, just use CTRL + F to search for the playlist you'd like.

Today, it's a Tyrantcast #19 follow-up match as we enjoy a second game featuring Vha'shaelhur! Warmaster Sam Mann seeks to redeem himself, with an Elite-heavy iteration of our newest Chaos warlord - can he manage to beat the equally Elite, Space Marines allied Commander Shadowsun of Brian Ruptash from the First Planet Podcast?

Be sure to tune in, find out, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! As always, thank you for watching.

Today, it's the final "Top 8" Single Elimination match of the Spring 2016 season of Sam Mann's Black Crusade!

A total of 187 players entered this tournament, but tonight, I'll be sitting down to film the first of our semi-finals. In the meantime, right now, let's see *who* advanced to the Top 4! In this video, it's a harrowing game between Old Zogwort (Intolerance) and Eldorath Starbane (GreenPeace).

Intolerance and his Snotlings were talented enough to keep my Broderick from reaching the Top Cut of this tournament, but Eldorath knows no pilot quite like GreenPeace.

This ended up being a spectacular match, so I hope you watch and enjoy it!

Together, let us continue to celebrate all things Conquest LCG.

As the 187-entrant Spring 2016 season of The Black Crusade draws quickly to its climax, we've yet to bear spectator witness to the "Top 4" or semi-finals! Today, I present the first of such matches.

Two incredible players - from Canada, we have Kevin "Corvus" Hynes (Captain Cato Sicarius), and of Belarus, we see OCTGN user DLord (Packmaster Kith). Though both shall enter, only one will advance to the finals for their chance at the championship!

Too few players of this caliber exist, so I hope you enjoy the tier of their play (and believe me, this game has some incredible ones). So, check out the video, share it, and look forward to our upcoming, other "Top 4" match and inevitable, imminently upcoming finals!

Take care, and as always, thank you all so much for your support. It is we, together, whom make Conquest what is is.

Edited by TheHiveTyrant