The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

This weekend, I record the Championship Match of the Spring 2016 season of The Black Crusade, and Sam Mann shall crown our new Champion!

Yesterday, we determined the identity of one of our finalists, so now, let us discover another! It's a game pitting Eldorath Starbane (Greenpeace) against Broderick Worr (Vonfersen). Can a contemporary version of one of our competitive originals triumph? Or instead, shall Broderick prove himself to remain an indomitable, competitive powerhouse?

Be sure to tune in, find out, and enjoy today's match, as we all look forward to the Championship!

NOTE: The winner of this game will advance to the finals. The Championship Match will be filmed at some point this weekend (with dual commentary from Sam Mann and myself), and the result of that game will NOT be made public until I post the video this Sunday! At such time that I *do* release that video, please be courteous, considerate, and do NOT spoil the winner for other members of the community. Look forward to having the opportunity to discover the identity of our Spring 2016 Champion yourself, free of spoilers, this weekend, after many weeks of anticipation, and in the meantime, take care!

The Championship Match of the Spring 2016 Black Crusade took place late last night, and the video editing process is well underway. Look forward to a truly incredible, dual-commentated game to debut tomorrow, my dear community!
Provided that NO ONE spoils the results of the match in the comments tomorrow, you'll have the opportunity to witness the Champion being determined "live" as their remarkable game unfolds.
The match features DLord (Packmaster Kith) versus Greenpeace (Eldorath Starbane), and is genuinely one of the best games of Conquest I've seen played in a very, very long time - and it's safe to say that I witness a few more than do many.
I cannot wait for you all to see it, so look forward to this tomorrow!
Fun fact: this will be my 201st published commentary + gameplay video.

10wv4ly.jpg

Today, after eleven long weeks of waiting, we finally determine the Champion of the Spring 2016 season of Warmaster Sam Mann's Black Crusade!

Please do NOT spoil the outcome of today's match , though you are always encouraged to leave comments - after all, it's what makes maintaining this channel worthwhile!

Today's game features DLord (Packmaster Kith) versus Greenpeace (Eldorath Starbane), and both players put a HEAVY emphasis on Vehicles. These are two incredibly talented individuals, and I could scarcely be more pleased with how this game turned out to be.

Get ready for a long, but unrelentingly entertaining game showcasing some pinnacle-tier play, and I hope you enjoy Sam and I providing another round of engaging dual commentary!

So, a huge thank you to everyone involved in making this 187 entrant tournament what it was, and here's giving a tremendous, personal congratulations to our Champion ( NO spoilers !).

I hope you tune in, enjoy the game, and in the grim darkness of the uncertain future, I thank you for celebrating with me all things Conquest LCG!

No project shall remain unfinished! For the first time in a video, I finally have the opportunity to talk to Travis McDaniel (I_Fight_Dragons). Our subject? Archon Salaine Morn!

It's the first "Community Spotlight" which I've done in a very long time, and this video leaves just one more Planetfall cycle warlord to be covered before I can comfortably put to bed said series. So, here's hoping your enjoy our interview as we together talk all about our third Dark Eldar warlord. Take care, and thanks for listening!

Episode #20 of The Tyrantcast is live! Today, Sam and I provide our initial impressions of the latest Death World cycle War Pack in our complete review of Unforgiven. Plus, we discuss our rather... "unique" 2016 World Championships registration experience! It's a short and sweet episode, but I quite hope you enjoy it. So, for anyone interested, look forward to listening, and to everyone, I wish you a great weekend!

To my great frustration and dismay, the number of "scheduled, but cancelled by someone at the last minute" videos remains alarmingly and disappointingly high - but if ever there were some "always reliable" members of the Conquest LCG community, it would be our friends in the Russian meta! So today, enjoy the latest entry in their series of Store Championship matches - it's "Old One Eye" (Anatoly Chukhvichev) versus Packmaster Kith (Andrey Gavrilov)!

I hope you enjoy this video, and though my rate of content release may slow over the next several weeks (I find these repeated disappointments and tests of patience rather discouraging), I'll keep trying to offer up at least something (such as these superb live-action videos) to keep our community entertained - and here's giving a very sincere thank-you to everyone who has sent in footage I've yet to commentate! I find that in the last few days, I have more reason than ever to attempt to balance "life" and "content creation." So take care, and best wishes to anyone reading this!

With the Origins Game Fair in our still recent past, today I have the honor to present the 2016 USA National Championship match!

Only two exceptionally talented players managed to make it to the finals of the tournament, after many grueling rounds of Swiss pairings and subsequent single elimination games: Rick Reinhart, playing as Eldorath Starbane, and Nathan Gardner, running Packmaster Kith.

Though the outcome of this game is no secret, it ended up being a fascinating match regardless. So tune in, enjoy, and take care! Here's giving another tremendous congratulations to the new USA National Champion (RIP Pierson), as well as a thank-you to Christopher Dale Bates for his footage (this is from him).

Today marks the end of an era - so please join George Tinkham and I for the very last of my warlord-focused "Community Spotlight" videos!

As two good friends, we talk all about Talyesin Fharenal and the Eldar faction, and the Hive Tyrant marks off another Conquest LCG video series as "complete" (note that this style of interview content became quickly redundant upon the advent of the Tyrantcast, and thus I had been neglecting finishing it for many months).

This interview turned out to be very light-hearted, fun, and informative, and I certainly think you'll enjoy it. So tune in, have a great weekend, take care, and as always, thank you all so much for making it worthwhile to become a contributing member of our Conquest LCG community!

After many long weeks of waiting, I finally have the opportunity to present some Jain Zar proxy matches!

Today, we seek to examine how our upcoming Death World cycle warlord (played by Sam Mann) may perform against somewhat of an ideal opponent. Can Eric Keilback's exceptional talent spare his Zarathur from vengeance at the hands of the Eldar? Or, will Jain Zar's cancellation-centric playstyle spell the end for our High Sorcerer?

Be sure not to miss this video, as games between Sam and Eric are always a fast and furious delight. So enjoy, take care, and have a good one!

Look forward to a follow-up to this game to come soon, during which Jain Zar is tested against a far less favored matchup.

Thank you for this!

The Russian meta is back with another installment of their ongoing Store Championship series! As the tournament winds down and approaches its inevitable conclusion, today it's Ragnar Blackmane (Igor Treskunov) versus Eldorath Starbane (Klim Petrov). Who shall reign supreme? Tune in, find out, and enjoy!

It's the follow-up match to Sam Mann and Eric Keilback's first round of Jain Zar playtesting! This time, our upcoming new Eldar warlord takes on the Deep Strike centered Epistolary Vezuel. Tune in to find out who ends up victorious, enjoy, and have a fantastic start to your weekend!

Episode #21 of The Tyrantcast has arrived! This time we're joined by guest-host Eric Keilback, whom goes head to head against Sam Mann in our Chaos faction throwdown. Which warlord is superior - is it the high damage and burn-focused Zarathur, High Sorcerer, or the nigh insurmountable and unrelenting Ku'gath Plaguefather?

We also discuss the latest round of spoiler cards from Slash and Burn supplied courtesy of our allies at Team Covenant , and give our take on the most recent updates to our FAQ and tournament regulations.

This episode *does* include a segment which had to be re-recorded in its entirety, but the published product ended up being entertaining regardless. So, thanks as always for your understanding of imperfection, and I hope you enjoy this latest Tyrantcast installment! Have a great Sunday, and take care.

Today, enjoy the penultimate game filmed during our ongoing coverage of the 2016 Russian store championship! It's Captain Cato Sicarius (Vasily Gudkov) battling against Commander Shadowsun (Anton Elizarov). Our winner advances to the finals, and gets a chance to gain all of the glory. Look forward to the conclusion of this tournament soon!

As an aside, my sincerest apologies for the decrease in content lately, dear community. I seek not to do us a disservice!

When I first began my channel, I started by writing and producing card evaluations and analyses for each faction and warlord of the Core set - it was a way of teaching myself to play Conquest, and to generate content that would always appeal and be useful to newer to intermediate players. However, I never got around to covering the most complicated and important of our Core cards - the planets - so today, I provide the capstone to that series!

Alongside returning guest John Gobeil, please join me in a discussion and analysis of the ten planets of the Traxis Sector. Enjoy, and have a fantastic rest of your weekend!

As Gen Con 2016 draws quickly to a close, please enjoy another episode of one of the greatest podcasts that the Traxis Sector has to offer!

This time, Sam and I tackle the slew of new player cards introduced to us in Slash and Burn. Be sure to tune in for our thoughts on Grigory Maksim and company, hear our reaction to the 2016 North American Championship, and enjoy the episode!

As is to be expected, Sam and I shall endeavor to keep covering Conquest. Have a great weekend!

Episode #23 of The Tyrantcast is live! Today, Sam and I provide our full, in-depth and engaging review of Searching for Truth, and also unveil the two Tyranids faction cards from the upcoming, penultimate Death World cycle war pack "Against the Great Enemy." So, here's wishing you and yours well, and we hope you enjoy both some good podcast listening as well as our exciting new spoilers this weekend! Take care.

Today, enjoy the harrowing conclusion of the 2016 Russian Store Championship series which I began covering back in April! After seven previous videos, the title match is finally here, pitting 2015 Russian National Champion Vasily Gudkov (Captain Cato Sicarius) against the unrelenting Klim Petrov (Eldorath Starbane).
Who shall reign triumphant, and whom will see victory escape from their grasp? As an aside, it's remarkable how much my commentary style has changed after a couple weeks long hiatus. So tune in, enjoy the match, and take care!
A tremendous thanks to Anton Elizarov and the rest of the online Russian community again for all of their footage.
The Fall 2016 season of Sam Mann's Black Crusade is officially underway, which means you can expect to see at least one weekly Featured Match!

Today, enjoy Eric Keilback (Nazdreg) up against the likes of the Alignment Wheel's own Kevin Warrender (Nahumekh). In our now Elite-heavy meta, which of these warlords will win, in the end? I very much look forward to seeing how each of these players and warlords perform over the course of the tournament, and recommend you look forward to another match next week!

Best of luck to everyone participating in or purely spectating this tournament, and I thank you all for your support of Sam's Organized Play endeavors. Take care, and enjoy!

Today, it's the week two Featured Match for the Fall 2016 season of Sam Mann's Black Crusade! Enjoy a game setting Anrakyr the Traveller (Technogashi) against Commander Starblaze (Dan Napolitano). Be sure to chime in with your deck-building and strategy thoughts and feedback in the comments, and enjoy!

Two fine Irish gentleman recently sent in the game that they played for week two of the Fall 2016 Black Crusade - so, courtesy of Eoin Lennon (MrLennywinks of Conquest LCG YouTube fame) and Callum Faughnan (The Irish Core Set​ Podcast), enjoy a live-action game featuring Nahumekh clashing with Epistolary Vezuel!
This is the first time that I've been sent in a video showcasing Deep Strike cards, so I hope you enjoy it. The game was a delight to commentate, I strongly recommend you check it out, and suggest you take care! Please forgive a couple of silly clerical errors I end up making and correcting mid-video. Thanks!
Nahumekh versus Epistolary Vezuel - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Looking to ingest more Conquest LCG content? Be sure to check out Eoin Lennon's channel , and I cannot recommend enough you give The Irish Core Set a listen!

Though I release the latest episode of my podcast on the day that Conquest is officially declared as having been cancelled, this game's tragic passing was something that I had accepted as probable as of several months ago.

All the same, please join me in another episode of The Tyrantcast - the last in which Sam and I try to maintain the outward facade that everything may well end up being fine after all, despite the inevitable reality continuing to sink in, and us having given up hope quite some time ago.

Alongside returning guest Eric Keilback, I hope you enjoy a discussion about the transition of the Conquest meta toward Elite-centric decks. Take care, and here's wishing you the best, dear community.

While all good things may come to an end, there's still quite a lot of fun to be had with Conquest! Therefore, please enjoy the week three Featured Match from Sam Mann's ongoing Black Crusade - the Fall 2016 season of his online, competitive gaming league!

Today, it's Talyesin Fharenal (played by "intolerance") taking on the new meta darling, Ku'gath Plaguefather ("joefri85"). This ended up being a fantastic opportunity to see how both decks operate, and I hope you enjoy the game half so much as I did! So take care, and best of luck to everyone in their future Conquest and gaming endeavors. Of course, you can look forward to another match to debut next week.

Note: This upcoming Monday, Sam and I are going to be recording a bonus episode of The Tyrantcast, in which we celebrate the life of Conquest and lay out our respective plans for continued involvement in this community. Do you have a question or inquiry you'd like us to answer? Please leave one for us in the comments, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!