The Hive Tyrant - WH40k: Conquest Video Series Thread

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I just want to take a moment to give a tremendous thank-you to our entire Conquest LCG community, for supporting my efforts in grow ing my channel to the extent that I've finally hit the milestone of 500 YouTube subscribers!
As my way of saying thank-you, I'm overjoyed to announce my latest contest - giving away, to each of three winners, their choice of alternate art warlord card. Are you interested in potentially winning one of these for yourself, or to give away? Then follow the link, and check out my latest, rather interesting contest!

I feel, as a largely one-man operation, that I'm essentially a stranger to most of you - and I think this would be a fun opportunity for you to get to know the guy behind "The Hive Tyrant" a little better.
Thank you, again, for all your continued support - and as always, look forward to much, much more video content to come!
Another commentated OCTGN match is now live! Check out an awesome game pitting "friends of the channel" John Wesley against Dan Napolitano! A huge thanks to both players for participating, and as ever, constructive criticism and feedback regarding both commentary style and player gameplay is welcome! Enjoy.

Can't get enough of Chaos? Do you consider yourself a heretic, or honorary member of the Traitor Legions? Well, then grab your nearest baked goods, because Sam Mann returns to present a rather Nurgly deck list - it's Ku'gath Plaguefather's "dirty baker's dozen!" Enjoy.

The deck analyses continue! Today, I'm joined by the enigmatic Florian (2015 Nuremberg Regional Champion), and together, we discuss a powerfully competitive Astra Militarum deck list - so, be sure to purge a heretic near you, alongside Torquemada Coteaz! Enjoy.

The weekend has nearly arrived! Why not celebrate with another spectacular, commentated Conquest LCG match on OCTGN? Sam Mann returns as Captain Cato Sicarius, pitted against the devious and tricksy Tau warlord Aun'shi (played by user EU8L1CH)!

Feedback regarding both gameplay and commentary style are encouraged. Enjoy!
More commentated OCTGN gameplay has arrived! Today, a Chaos sorcerer and his Tzeentchian horrors face off against the ancient and wisened Eldar. Zarathur and Eldorath clash, as we see Eric Keilback (whiteblade) battle it out with George Tinkham!

Enjoy. Feedback and constructive criticism regarding commentary and gameplay are encouraged!

In need of a reprieve from my recent onslaught of OCTGN commentary? Love Conquest and charming accents? Well, then do I have the perfect video for you!

Please join me as I sit down with recent, 2015 Australian National Champion Brendon Byrnes, and we discuss all things Conquest, community building, and competitive gaming!

Enjoy - because this interview was a blast.

2015 Australian National Championship - featuring Brendon Byrnes

Yesterday, I apparently recorded my 75th video!

But for today, more commentated Conquest LCG on OCTGN is now available! Watch two immensely talented players battle it out, as the relentless Packmaster Kith is pit against the indomitable will of Urien Rakarth! Enjoy.
Packmaster Kith versus Urien Rakarth - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
Though today marks my beginning pursuit of a post-baccalaureate degree, my Conquest coverage must nevertheless continue! Therefore, please enjoy a truly remarkable mirror match between two Commander Shadowsun, played out by both Sam Mann and OCTGN user maveric7711!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Today, I re-enter the OCTGN arena! I may produce a ton of Conquest videos, for sure, but am I any good myself?
Watch as my Ragnar faces off against user "ranlam" playing Zarathur - and I encourage you to leave feedback.

Regardless, enjoy! This match was intense.

Ragnar Blackmane versus Zarathur, High Sorcerer - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
Edited by TheHiveTyrant

Keep up the great work Mitch, I really enjoy watching these matches.

Keep up the great work Mitch, I really enjoy watching these matches.

Glad you're enjoying them! I fully intend to do so. Much more to come soon!

With The Great Devourer now available at retailers worldwide, what better way to celebrate the occasion than with a chance to discuss our game's past, present, and future, with the very keystone of our development team?

Please join me for a extraordinarily special interview, in which I had the tremendous honor of sitting down to talk to our esteemed, Associate LCG Designer himself - Brad Andres!

I very much hope you enjoy our discussion, as it may well be my favorite interview to date. Don't let this one pass you by!

I hope everyone has some room for Conquest, this weekend! To get you started, here's my latest, commentated Conquest offering - a match featuring Sam Mann's infamous "Ku'gath's dirty baker's dozen" deck, pit against Parker Ince's "Old One Eye!"

Enjoy, and look forward to two special projects coming soon!

Though the weekend draws slowly to a close, there's always time for Conquest! Today, the Great Devourer hype train continues, and two titans clash - I'm proud to present the return of Sam Mann's rather exceptional Commander Shadowsun deck, versus OCTGN user nightcrawlrs' "The Swarmlord!"

Enjoy happy.png

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Recently, I passed the milestone of 500 subscribers on YouTube. As the sole proprietor of " The Hive Tyrant​ ," and without a regular production crew to casually banter with, I took this as an opportunity to open up the floor to any and all questions the community had for me - you asked, and now, I answer.

Ever wanted to know more about the man behind "The Hive Tyrant?" Want to hear (literally) 249 minutes of me rambling about Conquest LCG, my history with the Lord of the Rings LCG, my background in gaming and content creation, as well as my entire (albeit abbreviated), life story? Well, then look no further than my "500 Subscriber Q&A!"

DISCLAIMER: topics range from light-hearted to extremely serious, and I divulge a tremendous amount of personal detail. Still, if that doesn't deter you, then I hope you enjoy my most "genuine" video to date, because - with your help - it was a pleasure to create.

The conflict between Ork and man is a timeless struggle, and today's match is exactly that! Expect to ride the edge of your seat as Old Zogwort (Sam Mann), clashes with Captain Cato Sicarius (OCTGN user eu8l1ch), because this one is intense!

The Great Devourer has finally arrived! Therefore, what better time than the present to give away a copy? Be sure to check out my latest "Q&A" Giveaway, and enter to win a deluxe expansion of your very own!

Whether you've yet to pick up the Tyranids yourself, or instead, you'd simply like an additional copy to give away to a friend (or to offer up as a prize at a local tournament!), anyone and everyone is encouraged to participate. Enjoy, and good luck!

Yours truly returns to the OCTGN arena! Check out another gripping match, played for Sam Mann's Warhammer 40k "WAAAGH!!!" online competitive league. This match features my Ragnar Blackmane, bearing both tooth and claw against Kevin Warrander's "Old One Eye!"

As always, your feedback and constructive criticism will help me to be a better player. Enjoy!

The nail-biting OCTGN matches continue! Today, I'm pleased to present the glorious result of Packmaster Kith (piloted by papakhann), squaring off against everyone's favorite swooping hawk, Baharroth (played by Dan Napolitano).
I hope you enjoy yet another fantastic match! And of course, I'm still looking for volunteers to be recorded, as always. Shoot me a message if you're interested in being in your own video!
Note: this is the last video I recorded in which both players' hands are not visible.
Do you love Conquest, but know little of the lore behind the Warhammer 40k fictional setting? Have you always wanted to learn more about our game's incredibly rich theme and universe?
If so, then please join me for one of my greatest projects to date - in collaboration with Carl Anderton of the Traxis Sector War Cast​, I present to you "The Lore of Warhammer 40,000!"
Note: this video contains approximately 175 of the most glorious, beautiful, and awe-inspirating images I could find, and is designed to appeal to ALL prospective 40k players. Enjoy, and share with your friends!
The Lore of Warhammer 40,000 - Conquest Community Spotlight

This video was created, in part, to appeal to players who have never previously experienced the Warhammer 40k fictional setting, and additionally, to encourage players which enjoy other Warhammer games to experiment with Conquest.
It is very likely that this will be, by far, my most public-reaching video to date. Help me out by "Liking" this video, subscribing to my YouTube channel, and sharing this video with anyone you've ever wanted to get into 40k, or specifically into Conquest!
This could be huge for us, everybody - please help spread this thing around!
Sam Mann, creator and organizer of the OCTGN "Waaagh!!!" online competitive league, has grown to be featured very regularly on The Hive Tyrant channel. However, this week's tournament pairings demanded that the grudge match of the century finally take place! Therefore today, please enjoy an incredible game pitting Sam Mann against none other than THE HIVE TYRANT!

Feedback and constructive criticism regarding my gameplay are welcome! Your advice helps me become a better player. Enjoy!

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
One of the most tense matches yet, today I'm pleased to present "The Swarmlord" taking on the competitive powerhouse, Packmaster Kith! George Tinkham and OCTGN user braindamaged99 clash in a contest of epic proportions - and it certainly makes for a game not to miss. Enjoy!

Love seeing beautiful, on-point gameplay end up coming together perfectly?

Well, then I humbly​ suggest you check out a straight-up brawl between two competitive monsters - it's Eldorath Starbane (piloted by John Gobeil​), pit against Ragnar Blackmane (run by OCTGN user soultsunami)! Enjoy, because what a match!

Eldorath Starbane versus Ragnar Blackmane - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Edited by TheHiveTyrant
Today, a dream months in the making finally comes true! Thanks to footage graciously provided by fellow YouTube hobbyist Alexander Cimadon , I'm pleased to present with you with my first-ever commentary over actual gameplay footage!

Please enjoy a glorious match, as Captain Cato Sicarius (Robert Haustein) brings his tempest blade to bear against Ku'gath Plaguefather (Alexander Cimadon)!

Feedback and constructive criticism are encouraged. Enjoy!