MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Another ship finished, this time a Hot Rod Zed.

uc?export=download&id=1ETvgUjT_yBpjDi17t

uc?export=download&id=1bru2Z0bxYSpA1tcWN

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Wow...

Ha! I love it, it's like a photonegative of N'dru or something... I really like the colored (or coloured, if you prefer) highlights you add to your canopies; I wish my brushwork was that steady! The highlighting on the wings, engines and "tail" are fantastic too, really adding some texture to the model.

I wish the engine glow was just a little brighter/more vibrant, but this just might be my favorite Z-95 repaint yet! Fine work, sir.

I wish the engine glow was just a little brighter/more vibrant, but this just might be my favorite Z-95 repaint yet! Fine work, sir.

Some X-wing models, among them the Z-95, has the peculiar problem that the exhaust is both too narrow and too deep which means that any colour I put into it can barely be seen due to dark shadow the hole creates. It's very hard to get around it.

A second hot rod Zed.

uc?export=download&id=1h1TxicqKN9AZB00lJ

uc?export=download&id=18MBn4s1eCAduverte

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Well impressive my friend, wish I had an ounce of your talent :D

A third hot rod Zed. The fourth and final one aren't quite finished however so it will be a few days before I can show it.

uc?export=download&id=1BGBj39_J9gwdJSUH_

uc?export=download&id=11TIKn6zUeoY-q8TPs

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Well done! I specially like the first of your scyks and the colour choice of the Z-95s. Highlights on the last one are incredible!

I think somebody must design a race scenario/campaign after this...

Inspirational work. Thanks for sharing!

A third hot rod Zed. The fourth and final one aren't quite finished however so it will be a few days before I can show it.

BlueFin1.jpg

BlueFin2.jpg

BlueFin3.jpg

BlueFin4.jpg

Now dammit why ain't you still posting cool stuff like this over at Battle Builders?!

Our little family is active and having fun every week, but you ran away from homes...

Mean Ole Selfish Thing!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah that would be awesome! :D

Now dammit why ain't you still posting cool stuff like this over at Battle Builders?!

Our little family is active and having fun every week, but you ran away from homes...

Mean Ole Selfish Thing!

I don't really have any excuse except pure laziness and perhaps a bit too much to do. I suppose I have to do better. At the very least I should post any scratchbuilds on Battle Builders.

Teach me, Senpai. Love the color schemes and quality.

Yeah that would be awesome! :D

Mean Ole Selfish Thing!

I don't really have any excuse except pure laziness and perhaps a bit too much to do. I suppose I have to do better. At the very least I should post any scratchbuilds on Battle Builders.

A lot of people like you Bro. BB's was for guys like us. Even Crabs shows up, and Rob Jedi... so it is all fun and kinda cool.

;)

Latest repaint, a Y-wing that fittingly look like a warthog.

uc?export=download&id=1AzdEafhnb3rXX_jal

uc?export=download&id=1KOPtU5rbXh5LtrjLW

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Love the warthog haha that's awesome!

Another Y-wing, this time a tiger!

uc?export=download&id=1h7iOn2mMydGG86A8a

uc?export=download&id=1eO-3k04gebY6ENNLe

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Wow, those are some tiny, tiny stripes! Nice work!

Did you do them with a liner pen, or a brush?

Wow, those are some tiny, tiny stripes! Nice work!

Did you do them with a liner pen, or a brush?

It's all brushwork baby! :D

Loving the Y-wings, any chance of a close up of those astromechs?? loving the tusks on that first one, simple converion that adds bags of character.

Also somehow missed those headhunters, they look amazing, love the flames

The third 'beast' Y-wing, this one is intended to represent an Orca/Killer Whale.

uc?export=download&id=1ZXDPta5-mqZ3WxZSu

uc?export=download&id=17DLASX2lOufWbKcAD

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

The third 'beast' Y-wing, this one is intended to represent an Orca/Killer Whale.

OrcaFin1.jpg

OrcaFin2.jpg

OrcaFin3.jpg

OrcaFin4.jpg

Wow, that's the best Y by far mate very well done :D

Here's the requested close-ups of the astromechs. And yes, you get a sneak peek of the final Y-wing here. I personally don't think these are anything special, not compared to a previous astromech I painted on another Y-wing of which I have included a picture below.

hUUuREZ.jpg

ODajH3l.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Thanks for the close ups, always interested in how people paint their astromechs, and your are all nicely done, one in the bottom pic especially.

Looks like all R6s, love that they're all white too, for that bit of contrast that makes them stand out

On 2015-07-28 at 7:11 AM, Mr Tough Guy said:

Thanks for the close ups, always interested in how people paint their astromechs, and your are all nicely done, one in the bottom pic especially.

Looks like all R6s, love that they're all white too, for that bit of contrast that makes them stand out

I actually painted them to look like R5 units, but yeah, the shape is probably closer to R6 units. Now, I will say this about painting astromechs. Many wargamers complain about painting eyes but that is dead simple compared to painting astro-units on this scale!

Anyway, here is the last beast/animal themed Y-wing. The last picture shows the source creature. I have no idea what species of snake that is, but it's very colourful.

uc?export=download&id=1v8zzGoj7u7ZH9lx13

uc?export=download&id=1HV7sc2K2ztLIkANRS

4a5dbef5582b5aaeab39832880d254c6.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

It's taken longer than expected but here is the last Hot Rod Zed.

uc?export=download&id=17sa2Zaqu63WvP52Kk

uc?export=download&id=1xTMyS1Hz3Lh7fFuAV

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates