MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Definitely, you're The Plasticard Hero ;) . Amazing paint job, specially your clean highlights.

Have you thought about adding any painting detail (such as serial numbers, or a Star Wars themed graffity) on the container?

That's a really good idea! However, since I'm finished with the model, I'm reluctant to go back and change anything. If I ever do a similar model I will try to incorporate some cool Star Wars graffiti.

Very nice build, good detailling.

One point of critique: the engines look a bit, for lack of a better word, dull. Maybe some OSL or something there could liven them up a bit.

I will agree that the engines are a bit dull, especially in terms of design. I made the mistake of gluing them in place once I had built them, it would have been much better to leave that for last, after painting and potential extra detailing. However I have added OSL, it's not as overblown as most OSL tend to be and I'm still fairly inexperienced with the technique but it's certainly there.

If you make a BT-7 Thunderclap (or frankly, any of the SW:TOR ships), I'll love you forever. :D Very fine work, sir!

The Wayfarer is finally painted!

WayfarerFin1.jpg

WayfarerFin5.jpg

WayfarerFin3.jpg

WayfarerFin2.jpg

My RPG group selected this for for their starting ship. I would love to add this to my fleet. Excellent work, @MacrossVF1 .

Edited by HungryFFG

Another repaint. This is one is one of my personal ships that I painted for a tournament. I tend to avoid taking factory painted ships to tournaments, partly because I want to show off my painting skills, but also because I tend to place much better when I have painted all the ships in my list.

uc?export=download&id=1gV9ysEaJEiqWRqvx2

uc?export=download&id=1ydBMEx9e18yz7-2u0

uc?export=download&id=15kb7lZuu-iTB5ORva

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Love paint on the B-wing, also very interesting what you did with the peg

Your work is incredible! Please continue to post your projects.

I'm currently repainting 17 scum ships as part of a single commission. Yeah that's quite a lot of ships. Here's the first one, a Scyk painted in the elemental colours of air.

uc?export=download&id=1RG6wyzisomWT8U_1P

uc?export=download&id=1HpBANoq1zTuu83jUj

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Very nice! What color did you use on the canopy? It looks like a gunmetal grey of some sort.

One other question, if you've the time: my Scyk has a nasty seam or mold line along the edges of the "wings." Yours looks nice & smooth. Did you clean it up with a file, or just get a lucky casting?

Very nice! What color did you use on the canopy? It looks like a gunmetal grey of some sort.

One other question, if you've the time: my Scyk has a nasty seam or mold line along the edges of the "wings." Yours looks nice & smooth. Did you clean it up with a file, or just get a lucky casting?

The canopy was painted with Vallejo Model Colour German Grey mixed with a little Vallejo Game Colour Sombre/Shadow Grey.

I always have time to answer questions from my adoring fans. :D Anyway, from what I've seen, all Scyks have a nasty mold line along the edge of the wings. I used a knife to both cut and scrape away the line.

Really love the clean, simple and restrained look on the Scyk with just a bit of red and blue to break up the multiple shades of grey, really looks amazing

Here's the second elemental Scyk, this time earth. I could have gone two ways with this, green or brown and yellowish, though in the end the commissioner wanted the green version.

uc?export=download&id=1EIFLNYDlMzkSJm6Tq

uc?export=download&id=1lM4SrQaIpVyj61FYM

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Oooh, excited to see the remaining elementals. Love the 'air' fighter. So smooth.

Here's the second elemental Scyk, this time earth. I could have gone two ways with this, green or brown and yellowish, though in the end the commissioner wanted the green version.

EarthScykFin1.jpg

EarthScykFin2.jpg

EarthScykFin3.jpg

EarthScykFin4.jpg

Clan Jade Falcon ... ATTACK!

:lol:

Clan Jade Falcon, eh? Need some big stomping mechs for that. ;)

Third Scyk, this time water.

uc?export=download&id=1K49ao35p9V9zyN5tN

uc?export=download&id=1Xb0Bf_Dr48fgOoMC_

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Wonderful work as usual..

I just started working again. I may be dropping an email in the near future..

Love these elemental ships.

Fiou , that's awesome !!!

Edited by Sixwood

And here is the final element, fire! This is the Scyk I'm the most pleased with.

uc?export=download&id=1IvIcuVM929Mvos9lb

uc?export=download&id=1rnGd1Ei51Gvtyd2UV

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Oh, that's a lovely color gradient! The black intakes and cockpit really pop, and your OSL is, as usual, disgustingly good.

As a side note, I wonder what one of these Scyks would look like with a piece of colored acrylic representing engine exhaust, like these A-Wings .

Fine work, sir!

And here is the final element, fire! This is the Scyk I'm the most pleased with.

FireScykFin1.jpg

FireScykFin2.jpg

FireScykFin3.jpg

FireScykFin4.jpg

I would love my imp bombers done this way.. it matches my theme haha.. this one is awesome, lovin the fade from dark to light..

That's a seriously smooth fade on the fire Scyk. Was it airbrushed or hand painted?

The colour transition on all the Scyks was done with an airbrush. However, the fire Scyk I painted with additional red towards the back to improve the fade.

Nice take on the Scyk, Macross! I love the orange reflection on the window screen.

Also, I like repaints...bump.

Those Scyks are gorgeous. Between ther Scyks, the Z95's and the Firespray I'm starting to think that Scum & Villany reallyis the hobbyists' faction. Were the Empire and theAlliance pretty much have set themes, there's just simply so many options for repaints and conversions with S&V.

Frankly, I think Macross could paint up a garbage scow and make it look good, but I agree! I think both Rebel and Imperial ships look best with some uniformity (more so for the Imperials), but the Scum can really just go wild and still look cool on the tabletop.

Those Scyks are gorgeous. Between ther Scyks, the Z95's and the Firespray I'm starting to think that Scum & Villany reallyis the hobbyists' faction. Were the Empire and theAlliance pretty much have set themes, there's just simply so many options for repaints and conversions with S&V.

Frankly, I think Macross could paint up a garbage scow and make it look good, but I agree! I think both Rebel and Imperial ships look best with some uniformity (more so for the Imperials), but the Scum can really just go wild and still look cool on the tabletop.

Yeah, Scum really opens up a lot of options. Sure, there's nothing inherently wrong to paint Rebels and Imps outside the norm but people expect a certain theme with those factions whereas scum doesn't suffer at all from such expecations.