MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Thought it was time that I started up a thread to collect all my work for easy viewing. The first addition is a commissioned A-wing that's been painted as a Green Squadron member using NMM-techniques. The neon green canopy was a very specific request from the commissioner. I'm not quite satisfied with the NMM but it is still a very good looking model.

pbWzeb8.jpg

rV3lDYk.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Looks like a mean little interceptor to me...

:D

Mean Green!

^_^

This re paint makes it look smaller ; really unique...Like the Green lantern colors too...

This re paint makes it look smaller ; really unique...Like the Green lantern colors too...

I didn't think of that but yes the colours do resemble the Green Lantern Corps uniform.

First update to my little corner and this time it's some TIE Fighters. I've recently been playing GOG's release of the old TIE Fighter game and noticed that some ships had some interesting yellow markings. I had to have those on my ships!

B1JYCcP.jpg

0Dp9YgZ.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Are those free hand or did you stencil, or tape them?? It's some nice detail work... which we've all come to expect, and respect .. from you.

Are those free hand or did you stencil, or tape them?? It's some nice detail work... which we've all come to expect, and respect .. from you.

Those are free hand though I wished I had made them into water slide decals. I feel like I wasn't able to make them as sharp and crisp as I would have liked.

If you do make some decals, I'd love to see a file here to maybe reproduce them myself.. not sure if I have the drawing skill to do them justice.. haha.. I like the simplicity of the markings and the color really makes them pop out..

Great looking A-wings! And I dig the orange cockpit, want to do that on my own!

Love that green cockpit on your a-wing.

Great looking A-wings! And I dig the orange cockpit, want to do that on my own!

Orange cockpit? If you mean the TIE fighter then it's actually yellow.

Awesome as always!

Another repaint, this time a TIE Defender. I like to claim that my fighters are part of Admiral Zaarin's forces as the yellow markings was often featured in ships from his side. I'm not completely happy with it though.

O1kHbuD.jpg

OAVyAxs.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Yet another repainted TIE! Actually this will probably be the last of my 'Traitor' TIEs for a while as I have some commissions coming up. Stay tuned on the same batchannel!

qqDNJ6G.jpg

mArna44.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Another beaut!

Commission time! Fourth commissioned Firespray I've painted though fortunately not another Kath Scarlet. No this is a very different beast. A Firespray with a Kabuki mask (with very wild hair) painted on it!

Usually I'm not completely happy my paintjobs (The creator is usually the first to critique his work since he knows all the flaws) but not so in this case, it's freaking beautiful! Well actually the engine glow didn't come out as smooth as I would have liked it, (had to hand paint it since my airbrush wasn't cooperating) but other than that I have no complaints.

fBh2aLp.jpg

wdgPA9w.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

Decals on the fire spray?

Decals on the fire spray?

Partially yes. Originally it was one big decal but it had to be cut up into several smaller pieces and even then it couldn't cover the entire area due to all the curved surfaces. In the end the decal served as little more than guide for me to paint over.

Holy shenanigans! Thats beautiful!

Solid work! I like these alot, and that firespray is incredible!

Whoa. You've outdone yourself!

Whoa. You've outdone yourself!

I certainly think so as well, but then again I'm biased. :lol:

Funny thing about seeing this thread's title is that I had just been thinking about the idea of repainting my Rebel fleet like the Veritech's from Robotech, and the Imperials like the Zentreadi Battlepods.

****, I love you Imp ships

Funny thing about seeing this thread's title is that I had just been thinking about the idea of repainting my Rebel fleet like the Veritech's from Robotech, and the Imperials like the Zentreadi Battlepods.

Go for it! Of course, pics on this forum or it didn't happen. ;)