MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

On 8/2/2016 at 11:21 AM, MacrossVF1 said:

And here is another of the promised repaints. It's my take on the TIE Shuttle, though I took my inspiration from here .

uc?export=download&id=1Z1pbpNeABIIEyQQXA

uc?export=download&id=1O7fY-K9tEkIaCLay3

OMG, I want of these so much!

Do you take orders?

Two ships based on the upcoming Jango Fett Firespray expansion, though since I've only had the preview pictures to work with the colours are really just a best guess.

These two ships can either be thought of as a 'what if Jango piloted a Fang Fighter or Y-wing', or as two wingmen. Anyway, this is my (slightly early) present for you all!

Ff9UFI1.jpg

hVdyySH.jpg

L1S5L5A.jpg

n90FCrn.jpg

I'm going to miss seeing all this bloody gorgeous artwork.

where are 'we' moving?

47 minutes ago, Ghosthacked said:

where are 'we' moving?

I'm wondering about that as well. Any suggestions for other good places to post the stuff I paint and build will be appreciated.

MacroPain.PNG.7d08d20e0377d8bf100f2b6690182804.PNG

😢

BoardGameGeek seems to be the default right now, unless AMG surprises with a forum.

which they totally should just spend the money to port this over.

it is ridiculously stupid for a company (sister company no less) to throw away and delete 6(?) years of brand equity and user generated content. You cant even pay for that if you had pockets as deep as Disney.

9 minutes ago, Ghosthacked said:

which they totally should just spend the money to port this over.

it is ridiculously stupid for a company (sister company no less) to throw away and delete 6(?) years of brand equity and user generated content. You cant even pay for that if you had pockets as deep as Disney.

It would be stupid, but for all we know, they don't even know these forums exist and are getting shutdown.

It's purely a budget saving exercise. But as I know how companies work some idiot only looks at the hard numbers around cost but doesn't take into account the true value. They see it as a cost center that does not generate any revenue not understanding that the revenue it drives is made up in an entirely different business unit.

Since this thread and indeed entire forum soon will be gone, this might very well be the last time I post pictures of one of my creations here. So let's end it with a bang shall we?

A few years ago I was asked to build and paint a CT-900 Star Scavenger, a ship that up until that point had only existed as a Lego and Computer model. Now I'm clearly biased but I do think I did a pretty good job.

However this time I'm back with the same ship though with some differences. Mostly it's just a few cosmetic changes to improve the looks or to make it easier to build. Unlike the first one it does not feature folding wings or detachable gun pods, though the rear and front can still be separated. It is also about 10% smaller and the paint job is not quite as detailed, mainly lacking highlights.

However by far the biggest difference is that this time I've built two of them. Yes, two!

JsAd1MD.jpg

KcOilnv.jpg

nMTuNxA.jpg

nNzD31P.jpg

cNjiBdf.jpg

dzS1afG.jpg

X6UkxeS.jpg

D1GImTS.jpg

As always thru the years, such amazing work. Whats that you mentioned about a lego model? Would like to see that.

8 hours ago, JediRush24 said:

As always thru the years, such amazing work. Whats that you mentioned about a lego model? Would like to see that.

I think I can manage that. Here you go, a freshly stolen picture from the net. :) One thing to note is that the ships I've built are more based on the computer model from the LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures show. It primarily manifests in more detailing, and a longer and larger rear part.

Lego Star Wars Freemaker Adventures 75147 Star Scavenger Speed Build -  YouTube

Well thank you ... maybe I should finally watch that show, considering my lego addiction anyway.