AMA with Andrew Navaro

By FFGEvan, in News

Hi Andrew and the many other brilliant minds at FFG,

First, I wanted to say THANK YOU for the recent love you have given Star Wars Armada. It is the best game you have produced with the SW licencing and the players of this awesome game thank you too. #SSDFOREVER

- Do you foresee with your Force powers, any possibility of upgrade card and squadron card packs outside of campaign and other expansion packs? Cards like "Harrow" and "Linked Turbolaser Towers" is exactly the kind of cards we're looking for 😃

- The recent ship releases and announcements have been amazing, especially the SSD and the Starhawk. With Clone Wars on the horizon (also amazing), will Imperial and Rebellion ships still be supported and released along side the Clone Wars product?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

2) How does FFG keep managing to get major IPs? What's that process like? You now have The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Marvel and you're doing an amazing job with them but I wonder how that process works.

3) How has the trade war with China impacted the prices of FFG games? Has it impacted release dates?

Yes please!

Can has release date for the next Arkham Horror LCG expansion?

Can we have Ewoks for Rebels in Star Wars Legion, please :)

10 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Hi Andrew!

Star Wars Armada is expecting the Clone Wars in late 2020. Can fans expect a faster release schedule once that happens? Currently we are averaging 1 or 2 new ships a year, and we are wondering if that pace will increase once new factions are introduced. Additionally, can we expect continued support for Empire and Rebel fleets, in the wake of the new Clone Wars factions? Thanks!

-Crab

To build on what Crabbok (love your channel btw) said, are there any plans for a huge based ship for the Rebels? ( the Viscount would be a perfect candidate in my opinion). Also, any plans for a scum esque faction that would use a mix of ships from both factions?

Thanks,

TooTall

10 hours ago, Lipstickpaddy said:

MoM 2nd Edition >>> Legacy plans?

Not even legacy but I'd really like to see a campaign or two in the app stringing together some of the numerous expansions we already have. Arkham, then train, then Innsmouth, then boat, then jungle? Something like that. A nice reward for those willing to invest so much.

Hi Andrew,

Is there any thought towards an Imperial Assault campaign box with Resistance/First Order? Now that there are two films out and the third coming soon, it would provide some good background and selection of characters.

Has FFG every considered providing conversion kits so that Imperial Assault players can import Legion figures into the IA experience?

Hi Andrew,

what about Heroes of Terrinoth? It is a great game, but we need more content (campaign, monsters, locations, ...)!!! When is an expansion planned?

Thank you 🙂

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for what FFG has done so far for the card / board / miniature game community. Couple of questions from my side:

1. Are there any plans for further expanding Fallout: The Board Game? New campaigns, miniature / card packs etc.

2. Are you considering a "skirmish" like game mode for Journeys in Middle Earth. I'd love to see some more miniature packs (both allies and villains).

3. SW Rebellion in Clone Wars era with tons of new miniatures?

Thanks!

Edited by Robson117-PL

Hello sir, I'd like to ask about translation and distribution issues in different countries. Although I know that in the US forum it will be difficult to reach a big audience with the following question, please understand that affects a lot of players worldwide that are having some problems that should be adressed or simply aknowledged to be able to solve them.

It has becoming a very well known issue that the companies that have the rights to translate and distribute FFG material for example in Spain (FFG España or Asmodee) are known for leaving expansions and other products outside the schedule simply because they consider them less profitable than newest products, leaving outside the spanish market some expansions, and leaving games incomplete, simply because translating and distributing that part seems not as profitable as to make it with a new product, while in other countries they do. I'd like to ask:

1- Are YOU (FFG) responsible for the content THEY translate and produce or do they decide what to do? if it is the latter, I'd suggest keeping an eye on their business, because sometimes local companies decide to leave out of the whole spanish market pieces like the SSD from Armada, or a bunch of rpg star wars books, they (or you) decide not to translate them, and the players have incomplete collections and feel as second-class costumers .

2- Do (you or they) have a policy of finishing products within the same line in the same rough timeline or do you simply leave out of schedule some expansions favoring new shinies with the only consideration being profit? The most known example in Spain is MoM 2nd ed. DLC content, or runewars being discontinued only in spanish without an explanation, there are about 14 units that never got here. Would you like to see how the US web show you future and new expansions and units while in your country the suposedly same company decides you don't deserve the latest archers or the latest MoM scenario? For example, the official answer from FFG Spain regarding MoM DLC it's been that, as they are less profitable than physical expansions, they simply don't want to translate them anymore, don't caring if you give a good service to customers or get the service completed... same with runewars... or worse, with legion. It is even known that, as they say they don't have enough resources (translators), they leave out of schedule whole versions of rules updates (star wars legion rules) as support reports no profit and so don't have priority... is this your decision and your position about it? Please consider that inside the boxes of legion you do write in a leaflet that there's a link with the whole complete updated rules in spanish... that is not always true!!!

3- Do you decide the price policies or do they? In Spain it is felt that the ratio of converting dollar to euros 1 to 1 is an abuse. How would you feel if the 75$ star wars legion bunker would cost suddenly 83$? (it is the converted price that would result if things were in reverse) It is what happens when you treat as equal different currencies.

4- As a resume, can we believe that what FFG spain, or Italy, or whatever is doing is following the line or the same polithics that FFG US do? Because everytime we have problems related with translations (wrong translations, inexistent translations of important products, etc) or distribution they simply throw the ball to US...

Thanks a lot for your time, your passion and your efforts.

Edited by Tubb

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I would consider myself a late comer to Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition. I have the conversion kit, yet the tile and figure collections are not available, nor appear to be available anytime soon. My question is this: if it is intended to cancel the collections, would the MoM base game be revised to exclude the conversion kits in the future?

13 hours ago, GroggyGolem said:

2. What's your favorite Twilight Imperium 4E faction?

Navaro has admitted before that he's not a TI guy.

Andrew!

Have you guys ever considered a IP license for Halo ?!

It would be a dream come true to have a rules-compatible sister game for Star Wars Armada where my buddy who owns a Covenant fleet could take on my Imperial fleet with balanced points and mechanics.

Thanks so much for your time!

-b

What's the chance that a trained mathematician with a demonstrable knack for tricky discrete probability calculations could get a spot in the design team? And who do I contact to try to chase that dream?

I would also love a "patch" (à card deck would be awsome) for Descent with all corrected and rebalanced components from the game. Is this possible ?

Edited by rugal

Hi Andrew,

Where will the team look to inspiration for new scenarios for Arkham Horror The Card Game once all the Old Ones are used up? Will there by new gamemats for Arkham Horror The Card game?

Dear Andrew,

We have recently opened this thread in the Arkham Horror LCG forum, we would like very much to hear / read your comments about the problems we are experiencing with the Spanish translation of the game and the reply from FFG Spain about said matter.

Your prompt reply and support will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Juan/ Matsu Toritaka

17 hours ago, Burrfoot said:

Thanks for doing this and the Q&A at Gen Con as well.

Heroes of Terrinoth. Love the game and it's predecessor (warhammer quest adventure card game). Is this game a one and done or can we expect some form of expansion? Seems like a lot of effort to go to the trouble to re-skin a game/game system that was crying out for expansions and then do no expansions on the re-skinned game. Would love to see it. The underlying gameplay system is fantastic and fun.

Plus 1. Would love to see more of HoT

Hi Andrew,

I am a fan of Runewars the boardgame. I always wanted new factions but I guess now It is more the less the time for a new release of that classic Blockbustergame after you have published the new Twilight Empire.

For the new keyforge, I would appreciate to find a way for playing it with more then 2 Players to put it on the table in my Play Rounds as well, as I play seldom 1 on 1 in my days now.

Some Games in the near future set up in the Games Workshop Setting of the Old World would be nice as well and a join venture of that two companies could emerge something extraordinary. But please find a way in your contracts for future expansions to release other cool races, as it should have been done for Forbidden Stars and Disk Wars (a shamy pitty Thing :-)).

Yours

Lars Becker

Edited by Liquidator

Any hope for a digital keyforge?

Hi,

I would like to know what will happen to lord of the rings the card game after the current cycle? will the expansions continue to be reprinted? Also is there any more content planned for heroes of Terrinoth?

Thanks

Hello Andrew,

what are the plans for the future of Runebound? Is there a chance for further expansions or is it a dead horse, as some people already say? With the unbreakable bonds coop expansion it's an incredible outstanding adventure game!!!

Best regards!

Corin

20 hours ago, edgeseeker said:

I third those questions! 😀

+1 for me as well. I’m a big fan of Descent and would love to know the future plans.

Hi Andrew,

Some questions about X-Wing:

1- When will we see the return of all the pilots/crew/upgrades etc from V1 to V2? I'm mostly asking about Ahsoka as I really want to run a Rebels themed Ghost+Phantom+Sabine's Tie fleet, but also the lack of options for turrets.

2- Again on the theme of the Ghost, will there ever be an exception made to the 'Two shots per round max' rule if running the Ghost with the Phantom and Ezra as a gunner with a turret upgrade? When I first saw it I was excited to be able to do a forward attack from the Ghost, a rear attack from the Phantom, and then a third attack from the Turret when using Ezra's ability, even though it would take up most of the points to do this. When I found out there was a 2 shot/round limit I was gutted. Do you think that it would be balanced to allow three shots from the Ghost with this setup, given that it would cost at the bare minimum 121 points (Lothal Rebel + Dorsal Turret + Ghost + Ezra Bridger = 85. Zeb Orrelios + Phantom = 36). Could an exception be added for this situation?

3- Why was the decision taken to make Galactic Republic Jedi pilots mostly need to spend their force to use their pilot abilities and their evades? Many pilots have strong abilities that simply happen whereas the Galactic Republic Jedi feel like they're being punished for being able to use the force by limiting the use of their pilot abilities and evades. Is this something that would be looked at in the future?