AMA with Andrew Navaro

By FFGEvan, in News

Thanks for the great games you produce. I am currently enjoying Keyforge and X-wing with my kids while I play Imperial Assault and JIME with my gaming group. I was excited to see you land the Marvel IP , any chance we will see a Marvel Miniatures campaign game similar to IA and or JIME?

Please say yes! :)

Thanks!

How do you create games and or expansion ? about the process ? rules on top, thematic on top, somewhere in the middle ?

I also would like to know the future for the Terrinoth series of games. I'm a massive Descent fan and hope for a 3rd edition at some point. Runewars: Mini may have passed (I really liked it too:() but are you straying away from the world? I thought a lot of good stuff was in the story books for Runewars: Minis and hope there's still a good future for those games.

I'll add to those asking about Descent. I'd love to see the last of the 1E heroes released with new models for 2E; the originals looks so tiny and low on detail in comparison, especially to the last few 2E expansions when the minis got scaled up!

Hi Andrew!

Star Wars Armada is expecting the Clone Wars in late 2020. Can fans expect a faster release schedule once that happens? Currently we are averaging 1 or 2 new ships a year, and we are wondering if that pace will increase once new factions are introduced. Additionally, can we expect continued support for Empire and Rebel fleets, in the wake of the new Clone Wars factions? Thanks!

-Crab

1 hour ago, any2cards said:

What is the future of Descent ...

Will FFG ever produce the missing 12 Heroes from D1e for D2e?

Will there be any further development for D2e (*** NOT *** for the app, but physical content)?

Will there be a D3e?

I second this.
And what about runebound's universe ?

Edited by rugal

I am very interested in knowing about the next cycle of the A Game of Thrones LCG. Thanks!

Question: Do you foresee future use of the order token system from Forbidden Stars and Starcraft the Board Game? It's a delightfully entertaining system and you guys do these kind of games best!

Hello and thanks for all the great games that FFG has produced so far.

I have a question regarding two of the, apparently, less popular ones, which I like a lot: Fallout and Discover: Lands Unknown.

Are there any plans to release more content for any o these games?

Thank you very much!

What is your favorite non-FFG game?

I was very, very excited at your announcement of your partnership with Marvel and the Marvel champions LCG. What I would love to know, as an avid role player is, are there any plans for a Marvel Rpg from FFG and the other thing that would get me very excited would be confirming that you will be using the fantastic four in the Marvel champions LCG.

Question: is FFG happy with the performance of sales for Twilight Imperium 4th Edition? I know it's a labor of love and it really show when I play it. God bless every single person at FFG that laid a finger on any edition of this great game. The reason I ask is that generally FFG is known for pushing great expansions for great games and well any feedback you might share would be greatly appreciated by many I am sure.

Edit: We seem to be on the edge of it breaking into the top 7 at BGG.

Edited by Dusty27

Do you think we're in store for some other KeyForge games? I heard that there will be a sourcebook on KeyForge using the genesys system, but I'm curious if we'll get something with miniatures, like a dungeon crawl sort of game...maybe a dungeon "brawl"? ;)

Hi Andrew,

I'm wondering if there will ever be some official LCG storage solutions from FFG? You guys do such a good job with art and production/components, etc. it seems like it would be perfect if you had an LCG (full) storage solution for each title. Also, will there be any legit dividers for each LCG in the works?

Any thoughts on this or reasons why it may or may not happen?

I'd definitely buy it. Ha. I'm fully invested in the GoT, L5R, SW, and LOTR LCGs.

Edited by rileymullins

Questions regarding X-Wing: My first question is in regard to FFG's interest in the player-designed HotAC campaign - Will FFG be announcing any cooperative-style campaign set for X-Wing? Aturi Cluster did a pretty good job with that in 1.0, but Second Edition has a bit of a gap in this part of the game.

My second question is really just based on my obsession with a certain Rebel ship. Will the RZ-1 A-Wing be getting any new pilots in the future? It's a bit baffling to see that ship lack any initiative pilot above 4, and there are only two unique pilots for it overall.

I'm really a big fan of Imperial Assualt. Is there any long term plan of what's happening there?

Will there be any further development for D2e (*** NOT *** for the app, but physical content)?

Will there be a D3e?

21 minutes ago, rugal said:

Yes, and about runebound's universe ?

Yes, some news regarding Terrinoth would be nice to have, or Descent, Heroes of Terrinoth at least :)

1 hour ago, FFGEvan said:

It's your chance to ask any questions you want—about the FFG design process, Andrew's philosophy games, what might be coming next for your favorite game, and much more.

I'll take your word on that FFGEvan, because I know typically questions about the future are difficult for FFG to see. Something about the future always being in motion. 😄

1. Will we see a Superhero themed sourcebook for the Genesys Role-Playing System?

2. What's your favorite Twilight Imperium 4E faction?

3. In the process of working with Lucasfilm, are there specific requirements for lore, tech, or characters that are requested or expected to be included?

I understand that games can't last forever. As a big fan who has invested a lot of time and money in Imperial Assault, I feel burned and disillusioned by the manner in which our community is being shut down. What motivation can FFG provide for someone like me to invest in future products when my experience has been the end of a vibrant gaming scene without warning, explanation, or communication?

Edited by seef1033

Is there any intention on expanding Twilight Imperium 4th Edition with new expansions? Is this something you could consider?

MoM 2nd Edition >>> Legacy plans?

Thanks for being willing to answer questions! You're brave and we appreciate it a ton. Here are my questions:

1) What's in store for the future of The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth?

2) How does FFG keep managing to get major IPs? What's that process like? You now have The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Marvel and you're doing an amazing job with them but I wonder how that process works.

3) How has the trade war with China impacted the prices of FFG games? Has it impacted release dates?

Thanks again!

Will there be a D3e?

Hear Hear! I would like to know the same information.

18 minutes ago, JButz said:

I'm really a big fan of Imperial Assualt. Is there any long term plan of what's happening there?

Same question!

I just want to echo the other players who would love more life for the Imperial Assault skirmish and campaign scene. There's so much content space to explore, and the designers for skirmish were really starting to address some of the meta issues with Hunter dominance. The Spectre Cell swing was too far away, but the toolbox of high health figures, Doubt to stop focus power-ups, hand-attacks such as Hostile Negotiations, and Thrawn as an Imperial mainstay was really phenomenally well thought out. I would return to this game so hard if it had regular content; as it is, I've started buying into Malifaux instead of being known as the guy who promoted IA at my LGS.