AMA with Andrew Navaro

By FFGEvan, in News

This has already been asked, but I want to emphasize how much we want to know! What's the deal with the Arkham Horror LCG Novella tie-ins? Are more coming? Many of us love them, but as they were a bit of an experiment, and also since it seems as if Aconyte (Asmodee's new book publisher) will be working with some of the IPs, there's nothing but speculation about whether they will continue to be published.

We are so excited to see replacement cards for our beloved Arkham Files investigators! And I'm very hopeful for more backstory on Sefina and a few of my other personal favorites!

Edited by Soakman
On 8/23/2019 at 1:41 AM, Mandelore of the Rings said:

Also, has anyone considered making an IA skirmish app which would update costs and maybe abilities of existing deployment cards from time to time to keep the meta fresh? It could even be community driven, but officially sanctioned like the IACP fixes. All it would take is FFG saying, "OK, whatever fixes you as a community vote for on our official app are now legal in tournaments" or something. We'd do all the "work" of voting!

We'd even put in the work of developing content, having it tested within the community and monitor the competitive metagame to ensure that it is not dominated by one list or archetype. We're already doing it now!

(For those of y'all not familiar with Imperial Assault's competitive community, you can learn more about our community-driven project to maintain & improve Skirmish gameplay at http://ia-continuityproject.com )

Edited by cnemmick

Hi Andrew,

I’m going to make this short and go straight to my questions (all about Star Wars Legion)

1. Are the rumours about the counterpart commander expansions of Iden Versio and Dio true?

2. For the separatists and galactic republic are there any chances that we’ll see characters from the 1 movie? (Gungans and Darth Maul for example)

3. Are you eventually going to make a core set for the first order and the resistance? (Would be very cool to see units like the Sith troopers, Kylo, Rey and lots of others.

I know there is currently no development work on IA but is that a permanent thing? A blister pack wave or even just a pack of card fixes for old deployment cards would be great. It would help keep the OP game alive. IACP has already done great work in that space.

A couple questions for Star Wars RPG.

1. Is there any new source books being released in the future?

2. If there are, is there plans for a source book for the force awakens trilogy?

3. Also any other source book's, like the old republic or information made in the book's, comics or games?

Thank You for all the good work you do!

Thx for the opportunity to ask some Questions!

1.Are there Plans to get additional content for your latest civ game: Civilization A New Dawn?

2. we Need a Diablo IP DUNGEON CRAWLER ! :))

Edited by athlim

Any chance for Saruman hero in LotR LCG?

Hello,

just want to thank you guys for all the amazing work you are doing with your different Star Wars miniature games. Loving Star Wars Armada. My question is; now that you have introduced huge ships and the concept of super weapons with the coming Onager-class SD expansion in Armada, are you guys working on creating more of these type of unique ships? Also, will Armada continue to get ship releases for the Rebellion and the Empire when the Clone Wars era waves start coming out on sale?

Thank you for doing this stream.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for engaging with the FFG community with your AMA, more communication with your active player base is always welcomed!

My questions are RPG related:

1- I have almost all the physical and digital products for your Star Wars and Legend of the Five Rings RPGs; yet there is no support for us GMs who use VTTs (Astral, Roll20, Fantasy Grounds) or related software (Hero Lab, Realms Work…).

Does FFG have any future plans for providing VTT support for their RPG lines ?

2-The DragonStar RPG license has been dead since 2012; with so many great rule sets that can support this game (Starfinder, Savage World, Fate Core…), can this RPG be sold or licensed to another company who can bring this game back to life ?

3-Given the limited releases in the three Star Wars RPGs (AoR, EoTE, F&D), are these game lines active, winding down, or going to have a “slow silent unannounced death” ?

SW interest is alive and well with the Disney movies, TV shows, games, theme parks…

A few questions that cover multiple things:

1. Are there any plans for new content for Descent 2.0? A part of me feels Lost Legends was a way to round things out and will be the final expansion, and I really hope that’s not true (Still have my fingers cross for an expansion based on the Ru Darklands).

2. Was there any particular reason for not including any new Republic or Separatist ships for X-Wing Wave VI? I get the Resistance and First Order needed new content as well, but I’m interested in any other reasoning behind the decision.

3. Is there any chance an AT-AP Walker and/or Hailfire Droid will ever be made for Legion?

4. What happened with Runewars? It seemed like it was rolling steady after the last 3 Uthuk expansions were released, and then the news dropped the game was done.

5. We’ve known that Clone Wars are coming to Armada for a while now, but have there been any inherit design challenges with creating the new factions?

What's the future for Twilight Imperium? Will we see an expansion in the future?

Whats the status of Mansions of Madness: Mother's Embrace? Steam says it has a Q2 2019 release date. We're now in Q3.

Is there any consideration of changing the social media policies so developers can be more involved with the communities of their games? I think the Imperial Assault Skirmish community is still vibrant and enthusiastic, but we're dying without any support from FFG. We would love to hear something from FFG that you still know we exist and are willing to support us, even if it's just letting FFG staff talk to us on the forums and the Slack.

10 hours ago, Imjustapug said:

I know there is currently no development work on IA but is that a permanent thing? A blister pack wave or even just a pack of card fixes for old deployment cards would be great. It would help keep the OP game alive. IACP has already done great work in that space.

Yes! It doesn't take a lot of investment, but it makes a huge impact on the game. I'm speaking primarily of the IA skirmish game here, since that is my focus; the campaign is fun too, but skirmish is where I spend 90% of my IA time.

In fact, I even have a proposition to help make things easier in this regard: You can let the IA skirmish community design and playtest the new skirmish blister packs! We can put together a team to do all the development and design work, and when a new wave is ready we'll submit it to our contact person at FFG, who would guide it through the appropriate channels that we as players don't have access to (printing/production, approvals with Disney, etc). So basically, we will be giving you things to sell to us ; it will require only the bare minimum of attention from FFG developers, and it will make a massive difference for this game that we love.

The thing is, we IA skirmish players are a very invested and dedicated group. We love this game and don't want it to end (I'm speaking of the skirmish game here, not the campaign). As everyone knows, any head-to-head competitive game needs a steady influx of new content, or else it will grow stale pretty quickly. Therefore, a number of community-led initiatives have sprung up to keep the game going in the absence of new content. While these initiatives are very helpful, they will never fully make up for a lack of new official content.

And so, my question is this: Is there any conceivable way to continue producing new physical product for Imperial Assault--specifically for the skirmish game?

Hi Andrew,

Is there anything cooking in the FFG kitchen for a Fallout Board Game expansion? Star Wars Outer Rim expansion?

And left field question but....an Elder Scrolls game? Please? 😬

Thanks for your time man!

Hi Andrew,

I am in love with the Star Wars Setting and the Genesys RPG.

will there be a co-op LCG for Star Wars?

in advance thank you very much and many greetings from Germany.

Schattenriss

Are there any details (dates) on Arkham Nights 2019?

Thank you.

1. Can we expect a new cycle for AGoT LCG?

2. What happened to (Black) FFG Sleeves? Seems impossible to buy them at the moment.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, PMAvers said:

On the card game side, a lot of the current competitive experiences seem to be trending towards long play-times. Which is honestly fine by me, since they definitely have a experience you can't get anywhere else. That might be a turn-off for some people though. Do you think we'll ever see a competitive LCG with a short play time? Maybe that could go best 2 out of 3 rounds? Or maybe one that has a digital client? (Or is digital-only?)

It's worth noting that KeyForge and Star Wars: Destiny both have pretty quick play times.

Hello Andrew

Will there be an expansion for Twilight Imperium? Are there even any plans to do it?

IMO it looks like game was designed to have expansion (regardles of what Christan said in documentary)
- planet traits seems to be underused mechanics

- it looks like players race sheets have designed place to another units above infantry (mechanized units?)
- too peacefull objectives

- missing nexus system;(

Anything going on with A Game of Thrones The Card Game?

Really hope it's not dead.

Is there a game that is no longer being produced that you wish would come back?

Why is it always Poland that leaks the new Legion news? =P

Hello Mr. Navaro, thank you for this AMA.

I wanted to ask you if you're aware of the situation of FFG games in other countries. Recently, the spanish Arkham Horror LCG community has expressed its discontent with how FFG Spain has acted in regards to all of the typos and errors that have been printed in both The Circle Undone (the whole cycle) and Return to the Path to Carcosa expansion box. You can find an extended version of this info here and here . If you'd rather use reddit, you can look at this and this .

Lots of other people have commented in this threads (especially on reddit), saying that this does not only happen in the spanish version, but in the italian, german, and chinese versions as well. There is an apparent lack of QA in the translated versions of the game, since most of these mistakes would be easily detected with a simple playthrough of the product.

Are you aware of this situation? We would really appreciate a comment on this.

Thank you for your time.

SW IA Annoucement

Edited by Giorgio