AMA with Andrew Navaro

By FFGEvan, in News

Hey Andrew,

First off, I just wanted to thank you and everyone at FFG for providing us with amazing tabletop experiences! I have met many new friends and have tons of great memories thanks to your products, so I am very thankful for FFG!

My question is (and apologies if this has been asked before in this thread) are there going to be any further expansions or support for Star Wars Rebellion? And would you think of doing something similar for the Clone Wars now that the Clone Wars are entering X-Wing, Armada and Legion?

Got a favorite Devin Townsend album??

Count me as another one who is interested in the upcoming fate of the LOTR LCG. I'm excited for the upcoming cycle, but there are (as always, but more strongly than they have in previous iterations) rumors that the game is ending flying about. Can you reassure us that there is more content planned after the conclusion of this present cycle?

Hello Andrew,

I am an admiral at heart. I love Armada and I am super excited for RitR, the Starhawk and Onager. Clone wars is going to be awesome and I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with for this great game.

My question slightly reverberates previous questions. What can we expect armadas release frequency to do in the next year or so? Also will armada admirals have anything released before clone wars but after wave VIII?

Thank you and everyone at FFG for your passion for the games you make. And thank you for listening to the armada community when we asked for communication. I realized it can be difficult to bring bad news to the consumers but we would much rather be in the loop than have radio silence. Again thank you for keeping us informed better this year. And thank you for continued support for Armada.

1. Are you working on Star Wars Imperial Assault revision upgrade pack? It is one of the best games and products from FFG and it has been left in the corner.

2. Will we see The Battle for Endor and Yoda expansions?

3. Will we see Rogue One? It has an excellent fit for Imperial Assault.

Edited by robertpolson
On 8/22/2019 at 1:25 PM, Ajax Romano said:

Has FFG every considered providing conversion kits so that Imperial Assault players can import Legion figures into the IA experience?

I wanted to second this. I think it wouldn't be too hard to include IA deployment cards with Legion boxes so they could act as new IA blister packs also. This would increase sales (lots of IA players would by Legion stuff they wouldn't normally get) and maybe even get players of BOTH games to buy into the other game. It wouldn't even require designing new plastic, since Legion plastic is pretty indistinguishable from IA scale (which by the way, I think was a mistake... the scale should have been much smaller so as to allow AT-ATs etc, and to distinguish it from IA, AND so you could actually field a "legion", but whatever.)

So, has anyone considered throwing the IA skrimish community a bone and selling more Legion plastic in one move?

Also, has anyone considered making an IA skirmish app which would update costs and maybe abilities of existing deployment cards from time to time to keep the meta fresh? It could even be community driven, but officially sanctioned like the IACP fixes. All it would take is FFG saying, "OK, whatever fixes you as a community vote for on our official app are now legal in tournaments" or something. We'd do all the "work" of voting!

Thanks for the work on IA and other FFG games I like!

Hi Andrew,

glad having the chance of asking questions!

I‘m a big fan of SW Armada but my question is rather general... As you offer your community the possibility to share their ideas, thoughts and wishes within this forum, how serious do you and your team take the feedback, wishes and ideas posted in this forum and have you ever considered using these ideas for new products or expansions?

Thanks!

Thanks for doing this AMA and The live streams in general. Openness is reassuring.

Is it true that Fantasy flight works years ahead on their game lines? If so why does the end of active development on a game line take so long to filter out to your fans.

When so many games die these silent deaths It causes me to doubt the future of all your product lines and makes me ask “is the game I’m about to get into secretly over?”

would it be possible to let us know if there any plans for Mansions of madness for the future in regards to downloadable content and expansions, also are there any plans to reprint Suppressed Memories and Recurring Nightmares, news regarding Mansions of Madness news has been very slow this year and hoping its not being phased out. Also a campaign game for Mansions would be great

I only got into the game at the beginning of the year, and have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect from gameplay to collecting expansions and painting of the figures. for me I have loved the immersive experience this game has offered as a hobby I genuinely love it and hope its still financially viable for you to produce. One of the reasons for buying into the game was what looked like a healthy stream of expansions each year to collect, so I am and others hoping its not being phased out otherwise extremely disappointed

Thanks in advance

P.S. I have pre ordered parth of the serpent

Edited by Miles49
needed to add a little extra

As the happy owner of 99.9% of the Imperial Assault products (not a Doctor Aphra comic fan), I want to ask questions about it:

1. What’s next for the app? More Raid? More campaign? Both? Whatever it is, I’m excited.

2. I know there is no planned physical content at the moment, but does that mean there may be some in the future? I’m love a Yoda figure to paint. Some scout troopers would be cool, too.

3. How about a campaign book? One that is specifically for people with all the box sets would be great so that we can combine tile pieces. Also, some physical that allows for an Imperial player. I love the app, but I also love playing as the dark side!

Thanks for this game! Back to my painting.

What impact has the current tariff struggle between the U.S. and China had on production? (i.e., Are things more expensive to produce? Does shipping take longer?)

On 8/21/2019 at 4:15 PM, DerDelphi said:

I'm aware that this question might sound a bit confrontational, and if this is skipped over I'm fine with that. But if you would answer a more controversial question, here it is:

Are you aware, that you seem to have a huge issue in communicating with your "core" audience? A lot of your favourite game lines are put on hold without any explanation (prominent examples are IA and D2E), and there is no direct communication in your forums.

I guess this would be understandable, if you'd primarily try to reach more casual buyers by targeting the mass market, but this is not the same audience that is buying 10+ expansions for your games, or would even try to keep them alive by producing community driven content when you no longer support games directly.

So are there any plans to improve communication in your forums at all?

I can't like this post enough. So many games are left to silent deaths, and it's kept me from buying into some that I might otherwise have, for fear of such a death.

I am a 100% owner of Descent, IA, and Battlelore. I can't bring myself to get emotionally invested in any more of your products when these AMAZING systems are neglected/dead/abandoned. It takes a lot of money to get involved in these types of games, and I am much more likely to continue buying into a system which I already love and own rather than jump into another system that can be expected to be abandoned in a few years.

GIVE US MORE!!!

Regarding Armada possible updates.

The fleet design space seems very limited given the current state of the game. Squadrons seem very powerful given their point cost. Some older ships have major design flaws, which are being "patched" by cards in Rebellion in the Rim. And some older upgrade cards seem to be obsolete, either because they're over-costed or they're competing with other over-powered/under-costed upgrades.

Has FFG done any kind of RoI analysis regarding doing an Armada 2.0 similar to what was done with X-wing? I understand that the app is very expensive, and if Legion won't be getting one, then Armada certainly won't. But what about a major rules and balance update supported by something similar to the conversion kits for x-wing (replacing card and cardboard without having to repurchase models)? With Clone Wars products on the horizon, it would seem like a good time to do such an update, assuming the investment is justified.

At the minimum, are there any errata or rules updates on the horizon?

Thanks!

-Alex

Hello Andrew!

Have you ever thought to create a Living Card Game similar to Horror Arkham LCG in the Star wars Univers ? It would be an amazing game!

I know you already produce "Star wars Destiny" but the idea of living a story excites me a lot!

Thank you :)

What are your thoughts on legacy games? Will we ever see one from FFG?

And - any chance you can say if fans of Heroes of Terrinoth should consider the game closed or wait for new products?

+1 for whatsup with descent.

Specifically also wondering:

• If it is abandoned will the road to legend app remain available?
  • If it is rebooted, will the 2nd edition road to legend app remain available? Will conversion kits for 2nd to 3rd be available?
  • If it is continued as 2nd edition, will we see more digital content, physical content or both?
Edited by Sloth2

I am also interested in the future of the Descent franchise.

Considering the product itself, and its business value, I see 2 directions for the near future (excuse any "shortsightness" on my part, as I am not a business analyst/manager):

1. Keep supporting Descent 2nd edition, with its steady fanbase being the main consumers (I am sure there are numbers for that).

2. Move on to a 3rd edition, with the prospect of new consumers coming in and a subset of the older ones to follow.

So, if (1): How will you facilitate such support and is that reasonably profitable to keep 2nd edition going? Is the app a cheap solution for adding a few more years to the product and at the same time hopefully a few more consumers?

If (2): How big of a step would that be in terms of gameplay? How will it be alluring to fans of 2nd edition to invest in it with e.g. just a conversion kit? Would a 3rd edition be heavy on (or only) app-based gameplay? Are the expectations for new consumers enough to justify a 3rd edition?

Thank you for interacting with us this way. Looking forward to the discussion.

Hey, my question is, will fantasy flight ever consider making a cooperative (or competitive) fallout lcg? I think there’s a lot of untapped potential there.

Edited by Nathanberry
On 8/21/2019 at 7:15 PM, efepv said:

What is the future for "A Game of Thrones LCG"?
Do you have new cycles or products planned?

I second the question.

Hello andrew

Ive also got a question about descent 2nd edition just checking if the game will be supported in the future such as more phisical merch or as digital on the app? I for one would love to see more campain books using existing tiles but i would love the 12 last heroes from first too so id like to hear any news on the series.

Thanks alot

Lonefox

Edit: also if we are getting more even in like a print and play format will we be getting any more overlord support id love that as its my favorite mode?

Edited by LoneFox64

I would also like to know if FFG has given any thought to converting Imperial Assault to a skirmish- focused game and switch to figure pack waves without spending all the time designing new campaigns for big box expansions.

I would be happy if we just got 1 new figure and 3 command cards for each faction once or twice a year.

Rundbound 3e.

I would love to see a big box expansion that contains a new map & scenarios!

Are ther plans to continue developing Runebound 3e?

I'd also love to see an expansion for Heroes of Terrinoth. I and others I know would buy anything you release for that. Any chance we will see more content for it?