What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

Simply referring to it as a squadron makes me think more ships, but I wouldn't be surprised if a "squadron" consisted of a large base and a small base set of ships.

I know they said Poe’s X would be first, but there is also the resistance B & Y that could be slotted into this pack as well. It could also come with one of each with the orange X or two copies of the Y or B with Poe’s X being the single ship in the pack.

The devs compared these to ace packs from first edition rather than the Republic/CiS squad packs, so I'm expecting two ships per

1 hour ago, Vykk Draygo said:

I know they said Poe’s X would be first, but there is also the resistance B & Y that could be slotted into this pack as well. It could also come with one of each with the orange X or two copies of the Y or B with Poe’s X being the single ship in the pack.

I wouldn't mind if the Resistance squadron was a combination of Poe's new T-70, Resistance B-wing or/and Resistance Y-wing. But for absolute awesomeness, I would like to see 1 copy of each of the 3 ships in the pack.

And sure, the Imperial and Rebel "squadron packs" could be of 3 different ships too (TIE Interceptor + TIE Defender + TIE Bomber for the Imperials and Y-wing + B-wing + A-wing for the Rebels) - but I'm afraid that's too good to be truth.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, ScummyRebel said:

Technically no, but the only historical “squadron pack” skus we have as reference were 3 ships, 2 of one kind and a third of another.

Not quite.

We definitely saw the box plan for the "Saw's Renegades" pack. 2 ships in that one. Pretty sure it would have counted as a Squadron Pack as well, but not 100%.

32 minutes ago, Odanan said:

And sure, the Imperial and Rebel "squadron packs" could be of 3 different ships too (TIE Interceptor + TIE Defender + TIE Bomber for the Imperials and Y-wing + B-wing + A-wing for the Rebels) - but I'm afraid that's too good to be truth.

Man I'd buy the nonsense out of that.

32 minutes ago, Odanan said:

I wouldn't mind if the Resistance squadron was a combination of Poe's new T-70, Resistance B-wing or/and Resistance Y-wing. But for absolute awesomeness, I would like to see 1 copy of each of the 3 ships in the pack.

I don’t play resistance, but I’d be all over the OT packs you listed. I am curious about the FO pack, I had way too many of those not to convert. I’m hoping whatever they have planned for them brings some nice options the faction has been lacking.

43 minutes ago, Odanan said:

I doubt the squadron packs would be that generous. It would be great if they were.

I'm thinking the following

Resistance: Poe's x wing and scavenged yt-1300 (ffg will bet that I will buy a falcon that I do not need for lando, and they are right).

Scum: Y-wing and 2 Z-95s. Most wanted again.

Rebels A wing and b wing. Phoenix squadron

Imperials tie defender and tie fighter skystrike academy

First order tie/fo and upsilon. Focused on the resistance cartoon

I would be thrilled if they are more than that

1 hour ago, reqent said:

Resistance: Poe's x wing and scavenged yt-1300 (ffg will bet that I will buy a falcon that I do not need for lando, and they are right).

Rebels A wing and b wing. Phoenix squadron

Imperials tie defender and Tie Interceptor skystrike academy

First order Kylo's Modified TIE Wisper and Tie Daggers (all new content, I know, but if FFG likes money, they will do this)

FTFY

Edited by Odanan
1 hour ago, reqent said:

Do you see any Scum Z95 (apart from YV666 shenagins) played at all? Scum Ys are also seldomly fielded with current points, only the very occasional Kavil. That pack would collect dust on the shelves, unless they change points a lot. The shops (both LGS and online) here are mostly empty on x-wing stuff (no resupply due to FFG already normal chaotic distribution even more confounded by Covid19). If you see some X-wing product, it is unsold Scum Z95.

33 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Do you see any Scum Z95 (apart from YV666 shenagins) played at all? Scum Ys are also seldomly fielded with current points, only the very occasional Kavil. That pack would collect dust on the shelves, unless they change points a lot. The shops (both LGS and online) here are mostly empty on x-wing stuff (no resupply due to FFG already normal chaotic distribution even more confounded by Covid19). If you see some X-wing product, it is unsold Scum Z95.

i imagine they will probably have some new pilots in those dusty old ships

51 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

If you see some X-wing product, it is unsold Scum Z95.

Your right I forgot they already updated the z95 so its probably a y wing and a kihraxz fighter.

I see these as a way to stealth reprint certain ships.

Edited by reqent
Added more
1 hour ago, Managarmr said:

What about a [black] HWK + [new repainted] Y-wings?

Edited by Odanan

A scum hawk variant would be sweet!

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

I’d love a new HWK with some more pilots and perhaps even other titles for scum that aren’t as costly as the Crow (obviously different game effects)

2 hours ago, Odanan said:

I'm down with that. Especially if we get new Scum Crew, Gunners and Illicits out of it. For alternative options, we could get:

• StarViper - Thweek, Savan, and Black Sun Vigos please! MOAR VIPERS
  • Quadjumper - "Pirate Queen" Maz Kanata has one , force using Sense Tug could be """fun""" 😈 (and also get the Quadjumper officially into 2.0)
  • YT-2400 - Probably a pipe dream, but I firmly believe that it would be far better in Scum. Target Lock followed by Han Gunner + 4-LOM = big badda boom, and probably actually worth the point investment. Dash, Leebo, and the 2.0-absent Eaden Vrill are all reasonable in Scum. There's even an onscreen Solo background character, Astrid Fenris , with her own YT-2400 that could add a new title .
  • YT Dart spacetug - Lando's Escape Craft before it got modified which could reuse the Escape Craft's already finished model, maybe a sort of hybrid between the Escape Craft and Quadjumper with a bullseye tractor? Using the "YT Dart" name instead of "Escape Craft" also prevents the Custom YT-1300 from getting any of the pilot abilities so they don't have to worry about Han or Lando getting anything they shouldn't. Also provides a 2-for-1 with Lando's Millenium Falcon owners being able to use it for 2x Escape Craft/YT-Dart lists if they wish without having to buy another Falcon (like I did) or second squadron pack.
  • G1-A or Kimogila would also be acceptable.

Please no Kihraxz, M3-A, Fang or Z-95 though. Z-95 already had a release and the Kihraxz already has lots of pilots. The Fang and M3-A both have already rereleased and have lots of pilots.

Edit: Just remembered that "Fugitives and Collaborators" is likely the name of the upcoming Scum Squadron Pack. That probably eliminates the more combative ships, something about the name seems to imply to me more passive ships like smugglers' freighters. So... HWK + Y-Wing is quite reasonable (and probably what we're getting), but a Quadjumper or YT Dart could work and I can still hope for a Scum YT-2400.

Edited by Enigami

Now this is all well and good, but when do we get rebel Obi-Wan as a crew!

And our respectable Business man (in the Imperial era) as Scum crew latest?cb=20190614231920

12 hours ago, Maui. said:

i imagine they will probably have some new pilots in those dusty old ships

We had Bossk Z95 quite recently. He is neat. However he dies so fast.

And there is the problem. January points change FFG did not reign in the Super aces, instead the general power level was raised instead. E.g. X-wing at 39. While the triple Ace lists are still around, and Droid swarms. Thus you now seldomly see 2die attack low defense ships, unless they are really cost effective (such as Torrents) have 3 defense dice (e.g. comparatively cheap TIE FO) or are easy upgraded (Cannon Scyks) or bring some speciality.

2 hours ago, Managarmr said:

We had Bossk Z95 quite recently. He is neat. However he dies so fast.

And there is the problem. January points change FFG did not reign in the Super aces, instead the general power level was raised instead. E.g. X-wing at 39. While the triple Ace lists are still around, and Droid swarms. Thus you now seldomly see 2die attack low defense ships, unless they are really cost effective (such as Torrents) have 3 defense dice (e.g. comparatively cheap TIE FO) or are easy upgraded (Cannon Scyks) or bring some speciality.

I think it'd be kinda neat to build some sort of a Scum Toolbox Swarm. Bossk and like 5 other ships in the 30-40 point range, some Scyks with different utility cannons, etc etc.

3 hours ago, Managarmr said:

January points change FFG did not reign in the Super aces, instead the general power level was raised instead.

I somewhat disagree here. The power level of the average ship did increase, but the power level of the average list did not. It's rather a fine distinction to make, but most of what got buffed had badly needed it since wave 1.

Naturally we would have liked to see the OP stuff get nerfed as well, but I still think the last points adjustment did better than any previous one of bringing us closer to the mythical "equilibrium" of functional parity.

Here's hoping the upcoming adjustment finishes what the last one started rather than just backing off on it. Typically these are "2 steps forward, one step back" sort of deals like the unfathomable nerf to Ion/HLC/Tractor cannons we got last cycle. Time will tell.

I don't know about you guys, but a ship I really want to see for the Rebel faction is the BT-45D U-Wing .

Ryder Azadi's U-Wing seem in Rebels:

rBwuxgc.png

sfBEDJn.png

And here magnificently converted for this game:

KQiAjx1.jpg

eZ8a4GO.jpg

4JUiZDr.jpg

Is there a list of the ships in the Resistance fleet at the end of Ep. 9?

The best I could find is this .

On 7/16/2020 at 2:17 PM, Managarmr said:

And our respectable Business man (in the Imperial era) as Scum crew

In true Hondo style he should have a Crew card for every faction bar the Sequals...

It's only good business

4 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

In true Hondo style he should have a Crew card for every faction bar the Sequals...

Hey, he should be every faction, period.