What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

3 hours ago, BlackSunSyn said:

We got what is next. The forum is shutting down.

I can't believe they are shutting down these forums. I already saw some communities (and their games) that died because of a move like this. Unbelievable.

EDIT: here is the "announcement" . Dang! That was not the announcement I was expecting for... :(

Some corporate have no idea of what we have here. Frack them.

Edited by Odanan

I bring back this topic for the last 4 weeks of this forum: anyone knows what FFG / AMG is up to for the next expansions, a.k.a. Phenix Cell, Skystrike Academy and Fugitive and Collaborators ?

Someone heard rumors/discussions about that ?

1 minute ago, Silver_leader said:

I bring back this topic for the last 4 weeks of this forum: anyone knows what FFG / AMG is up to for the next expansions, a.k.a. Phenix Cell, Skystrike Academy and Fugitive and Collaborators ?

Clouded the future is... always in motion... (or something like that)

3 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Clouded the future is... always in motion... (or something like that)

Indeed :)

But now, the future is not clouded, it's completely fogged. It has not been as cloudy/fogged/... since the initial release that X-Wing didn't have anything announced and waiting to be released. The only moment that was this cloudy was at the start of the pandemic, but we knew some products were coming (as the HMP Gunship)

Edited by Silver_leader
11 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

Gold Squadron said that a higher up in AMG confirmed that any scheduled releases from FFG would proceed as planned. FFG was typically working 9-12 months ahead, so we've at least got a couple of FFG waves coming out. Also, that same source confirmed AMG ships will be painted which was only a concern because of their unpainted Crisis Protocol game.

7 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

FFG was typically working 9-12 months ahead, so we've at least got a couple of FFG waves coming out.

That is real, but nothing has been announced for a while now. Let's hope this is real to see some fresh air.

I also hope that AMG will update their website, it is only about Crisis Protocol actually. When you see the number of posts that X-Wing generated through the years, the Star Wars banner has to be part of the main page of AMG.

I was hoping some announcements on the OT squadron packs this week. Hopefully next one.

14 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

I was hoping some announcements on the OT squadron packs this week. Hopefully next one.

Change of developers.

Closing forums.

No news.

If they wanted to kill X-Wing, they are really doing a great job...

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Change of developers.

Closing forums.

No news.

If they wanted to kill X-Wing, they are really doing a great job...

Yup, the game felt like it was tankning a bit before covid. Then pandemi and no news. In Copen hagen we are something like 5/6 people that are actively playing each week (in periodes where the local store has not been **** down) and have been for the last year. I know this is not evidence for anything, but sure feels like its crashing, the games have moved on to other games.

If they wanted to end things, I would think there are more cost effective ways than reorganizing. Now, that doesn't account for killing things with poor decision making....

Agreed with @Target_2.0 and frankly, I thought the game was in a great spot pre-COVID outside of a couple meta-defining ships that needed to be reigned in. Rumors of the game's demise are greatly exaggerated in my opinion.

Yeah basically everyone I know who plays never used this forum, so it going away has no nearing on their enjoyment or access to the game at all lol

It's not that shutting down the forum kills the game, but the combination of the company going silent, passing the game off to another company (for comparison, the RPGs that got moved over about a year ago still have what it admits is a placeholder site with no information), having no upcoming releases, people playing the game less in person to be reminded of it due to quarantine, and the official forums getting shut down looks really, really bad. On their own any one of them could be fairly incidental (I myself hadn't played in person for awhile before 2020 got crazy), but together they paint a picture unflattering enough that even though I think most of them are coincidences, they can still have a nasty consequence. I don't think it's time to panic yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game struggles for awhile after things start picking back up.

Edited by Jokubas
6 hours ago, Jokubas said:

It's not that shutting down the forum kills the game, but the combination of the company going silent, passing the game off to another company (for comparison, the RPGs that got moved over about a year ago still have what it admits is a placeholder site with no information), having no upcoming releases, people playing the game less in person to be reminded of it due to quarantine, and the official forums getting shut down looks really, really bad. On their own any one of them could be fairly incidental (I myself hadn't played in person for awhile before 2020 got crazy), but together they paint a picture unflattering enough that even though I think most of them are coincidences, they can still have a nasty consequence. I don't think it's time to panic yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game struggles for awhile after things start picking back up.

But it isn't passing it to another company.

It's a company moving games from one place under their umbrella to another place under their umbrella. FFG or AMG, it's still Asmodee calling the top-level shots.

Also I think we'd have no new announcement yet move or not. I think that's just a product of Covid and all the releases this year getting shoved into a 3 month window. But yes, I don't think the move has helped that.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:14 PM, Jokubas said:

I entirely agree with you on all those points. But what did Asmodee thought by switching Star Wars products to AMG at the moment that X-wing needs a good restart (as other miniatures games) because of the pandemic ?

That is simply a BAD idea. Or maybe there was divergence of opinion, and Asmodee wanted a new philosophy. whatsoever, the timing was FAR from ideal.

And if it's not enough, their announcement was simply.... an announcement. Pratically nothing changed on AMG's website since then, nothing also changed on FFG's website. The announcement seems to have been decided on november 15, and they said « Let's release the news, and we will make our updates later ». That doesn't help either.

Maybe all those thing haven't been done to kill X-Wing, Armada and Legion on purpose. But one certain thing: they don't help to encourage people to buy new ships. And even if it's not intentional, it creates a feeling of wanting the games to die.

On a more positive side, I have read on one of my facebok groups that there is supposed to have some news this week. Let's hope so, it's been 8 weeks since the transfer to AMG has been announced.....

Edited by Silver_leader
On 1/11/2021 at 7:17 AM, Silver_leader said:

I entirely agree with you on all those points. But what did Asmodee thought by switching Star Wars products to AMG at the moment that X-wing needs a good restart (as other miniatures games) because of the pandemic ?

That is simply a BAD idea. Or maybe there was divergence of opinion, and Asmodee wanted a new philosophy. whatsoever, the timing was FAR from ideal.

And if it's not enough, their announcement was simply.... an announcement. Pratically nothing changed on AMG's website since then, nothing also changed on FFG's website. The announcement seems to have been decided on november 15, and they said « Let's release the news, and we will make our updates later ». That doesn't help either.

Maybe all those thing haven't been done to kill X-Wing, Armada and Legion on purpose. But one certain thing: they don't help to encourage people to buy new ships. And even if it's not intentional, it creates a feeling of wanting the games to die.

I definitely don’t think they intended on harming the games with this, but I agree all the uncertainty at once is not healthy for the game at all.

Thankfully, there’s a large community trying to keep it going with tabletop simulator. And I have a local group who will continue to keep it going without any official support if necessary.

1 hour ago, Silver_leader said:

Meanwhile, AMG are posting new articles about the new stuff of Crisis Protocol...

https://www.atomicmassgames.com/transmissions/team-tactics-talk-black-bolt-medusa

Still nothing about Star Wars from AMG....... :( :(

The post almost weekly about Crisis Protocol on multiple platforms, so hopefully once they start talking about the three Star Wars line, they will be equally as informative.

39 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

once they start talking about the three Star Wars line, they will be equally as informative.

I hope they will talk about it more than weekly, since they have 3 games to take count in their Star Wars plans

Do I need to say more than:

Still nothing............. :( :( :(

Judging by FFG putting out Legion articles on Jan 6th, I'd imagine that we'll here from FFG before we hear from AMG. But honestly I wouldn't care who announces anything. Just announce.

Feb the 3rd, guys

9 hours ago, Scrivner said:

@Crabbok dropped this juicy nugget.

Thanks Crabbok!

On 1/18/2021 at 4:19 PM, 5050Saint said:

Judging by FFG putting out Legion articles on Jan 6th, I'd imagine that we'll here from FFG before we hear from AMG. But honestly I wouldn't care who announces anything. Just announce.

I think the only thing left to "announce officially" is the hinted at next four expansions of Clone Wars Armada. All of the Legion articles were things already available for pre-order in some fashion. I had expected previews for those items to start last week. I am more worried about that than the no information out of AMG.