What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

22 hours ago, Odanan said:

The Trident-class would be impossibly huge for Legions and pretty big for landing on rocks. At 88.71 meters, it's almost the size of the GR-75.

Trident-Class Assault Ship (Canon) | Wiki | Star Wars Amino

These things are pretty big-it would be a neat thing for Armada (flotilla that hands out raid?) but the larger version would never work for x-wing.

1 hour ago, Npmartian said:

These things are pretty big-it would be a neat thing for Armada (flotilla that hands out raid?) but the larger version would never work for x-wing.

Yeah, it would definitely need to be the smaller version. Unfortunately, we don't have the dimensions for the smaller version, only size comparisons vs the big ones in the 1 or 2 episodes that they are in.

2 hours ago, Npmartian said:

but the larger version would never work for x-wing.

There is Epic though. I don't think it would be the first draft pick, but it's such a fun design that I feel like it could at least be considered as a second huge ship if a second is in the cards once something more conventional is out. It could play more of a support role like the GR-75, or perhaps have some kind of tentacle related upgrade that let's it make an attack on things at range 0, possibly only on large or huge base targets. If it doesn't happen, that's fine. It's not like it could happen even within a year from now with how long production takes especially with Covid still being a thing in places, especially here in the US. If it happens at all we'd probably be lucky to see it within the next 2 1/2 to 3 years, so it's not really something anyone should hold their breath for, but I like weird ships like this one. It's not even that outlandish or original of a design, but giant space squids still is a very appealing notion to me. If they made the Tentacles pose-able that might get me to pick up just enough CIS stuff to play them in epic.

I don't want to get people's hopes up, but in the latest trailed for Star Wars Squadrons, Wedge introduces himself as "Wedge Antilies, Rogue Squadron..."

1 hour ago, Ebak said:

I don't want to get people's hopes up, but in the latest trailed for Star Wars Squadrons, Wedge introduces himself as "Wedge Antilies, Rogue Squadron..."

If they release a squadron pack with the Rogue Squadron repaints from the old novels, that might get me to actually pick up some Rebel ships.

On 8/27/2020 at 6:17 PM, Matanui3 said:

the old novels

Those are dead.

There is hope that Disney will bring some cherry-picked stuff back, tough.

Edited by Odanan
On 8/27/2020 at 5:17 PM, Matanui3 said:

If they release a squadron pack with the Rogue Squadron repaints from the old novels, that might get me to actually pick up some Rebel ships.

Maybe some of those paint schemes will end up or are customization options in the new Squadrons videogame or will appear as such if there is a sequel. They may come back into canon that way. Or perhaps one or more of the schemes end up in Mandalorian for some reason. They would be canon once more and more likely to trickle into X-wing. There has been some willingness to mine the old EU for things.

22 hours ago, Odanan said:

Those are dead.

There is hope that Disney will bring some cherry-picked stuff back, tough.

If FFG is to be believed we have to have some E-Wing action...

39 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

If FFG is to be believed we have to have some E-Wing action...

Tell more about this.

Oh, this is cool! Mobile game Starfighter Missions brings a lot of actual faces for the pilots we know. Also, possible pilots for the FO Tie Bomber and Resistance Y-wing.

"Light Side" pilots

"Dark Side" pilots

IwLj4KW.jpeg

skNd20L.jpeg

lymY9x1.jpg

AwLQNns.jpg

V6GZqaU.jpg

The game might be crap, but at least it's shedding some light on new canon.

Edited by Odanan

Tam Blackstar is now canon!!!!!

bFNkMkj.jpg

Can I order already the TIE Hunter?

And Countess Ryad... ❤️

jWuoytf.jpg

10 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Ah, this reminds me of my old custom cards...

General Weir

Tam Blackstar

That Weir would be insanely strong. Blackstar, however, would be the oddestly, most maneuverable ship in the game. Make him a low initiative, and I'm all for it.

Edited by 5050Saint
1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Tam Blackstar is now canon!!!!!

Can I order already the TIE Hunter?

Me too, Tie Hunter is one of my favorite starfighter ! :)

6 hours ago, Odanan said:

And Countess Ryad... ❤️

jWuoytf.jpg

Now we just need that other Tie Defender pilot from her office. The-Office-Dwight-and-Angela.jpg

star-wars-starfighter-missions-hero-580x

OK, many many hours* into Starfighter Missions and here are my thoughts:

• Great graphics.
  • There was some effort to dig into canon (and sometimes into Legends) for the pilots and painting schemes.
  • Almost no skill or strategy involved.
  • Pointless grind.
  • No balance. You make 3-4 missions losing 1% of total "health", until there is a mission you simply can't win. So, you remake the previous missions until you earn enough money/resources to upgrade your ships. Now that impossible mission and the few next are ridiculously easy.
  • Almost no difference between the ships. Stats are meaningless.
  • Upgrade a pilot/ship until you unlock a better one to replace it. Feels wrong to ditch that pilot you invested so much into.
  • Dozens of different resources and upgrades that do the same thing. Completely failed to engage the player with the ship's customization.

I used to play the old vertical shoot-em-ups in MSX (like Zanac ) and this Starfighter Missions could be great if it somewhat followed the same logic. But no: as most free-to-play mobile games, it has no ambition to be a playing experience - just a way to make you spend (a lot of) time (and hopefully, for the devs, a lot of money with microtransactions).

A shame.

*many of those hours were played by my 5 years-old daughter. When I want resources I ask her to do some missions - that's how challenging the game is.

Too soon, but let me try to guess the next wave:

• First Order: FO TIE Bomber (very cool, but I'm really looking forward to the Oubliette-class transport )
  • Resistance: X-wing T-85 (or Y-Wing BTA-NR2)
  • Separatists: Sheathipede-class transport shuttle (but wanted Rogue-class starfighter)
  • Republic: Clone Z-95
  • Scum: Razor Crest (hey, it needs to come sooner or later)

EDIT: Squadron packs! Bring on Imperial and Rebel packs and all factions would be served!

Edited by Odanan

I think the Y wing is more likely than the X wing, because the T-70 just got some new toys. I think FFG will let that settle down before introducing a T-85. Additionally, could the T-85 work as a configuration, or does it really need to be it's own ship?

32 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

I think the Y wing is more likely than the X wing, because the T-70 just got some new toys. I think FFG will let that settle down before introducing a T-85. Additionally, could the T-85 work as a configuration, or does it really need to be it's own ship?

Its a totally different ship.

I think most of the toys the T-70 got will work on the T-85, so it could be a good indication its next on the list.

A 3343 ace platform is really what Resistance could do with. Something to run with a fat Rey or a group of A-wings.

Y-Wings would be good as some small turret bombastic beef but honestly who's gonna be excited for the 4th factional version of the ship. How are you going to make this one different?

Edited by Tyhar7

Do you think that there will some new wave announcements on October 22 ? With the FFG live stream ?

Wave 7 will be pratically totally released, and they will be at 1 month from releasing Wave 8.

21 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

Do you think that there will some new wave announcements on October 22 ? With the FFG live stream ?

Unfortunately, that's referring to Descent 3rd edition. They don't really make a secret of it (the image below is the same one shown at the in-flight report flash-reveal).

I would imagine that the squad packs will be announced within a month or two though. Probably not on a live-stream, more likely in an article. I guess we'll see.

Edited by ClassicalMoser
5 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I would imagine that the squad packs will be announced within a month or two though. Probably not on a live-stream, more likely in an article. I guess we'll see.

Hopefully this estimate is at least close. The three leaked squad packs are from awhile ago now, but not so much as a confirmation that they are real from what I've heard. The Imperial and Rebel ones (at least we're pretty sure that's what they are based on the leaked names) are something I'd really love to see happen sooner rather than later. I just really don't want those leaks to be false. Rebels and Imperials could use something new that doesn't come from a different factions new expansions.

29 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

Wave 7 will be pratically totally released, and they will be at 1 month from releasing Wave 8.

They usually have one incoming wave with the following wave announced. With wave 7 mostly released, following its completion next month then wave 8 coming soon after I would certainly be expecting a wave 9 announcement in the coming weeks if not the end of next month personally.

27 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Descent 3rd edition.

Is it really a 3rd edition or some spin-off?

(I love Descent 2e!)

Edited by Odanan