What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

1 minute ago, Odanan said:

There is another... [crew carrier option]

latest?cb=20130212042348

Now that, or the even smaller Naboo ship Obi and Padme flies to Mustafar on would be really interesting. It could support the N1s with giving them blue straight 4.

1 minute ago, Dwing said:

Now that, or the even smaller Naboo ship Obi and Padme flies to Mustafar on would be really interesting. It could support the N1s with giving them blue straight 4.

Wait, this thing is as long as a Gozanti? 0de1ffe72ad0159b2430753782c18945.jpg

35 minutes ago, Odanan said:

There is another... [crew carrier option]

latest?cb=20130212042348

What about the royal ship from ep. I? Is it too big?

8 minutes ago, xanatos135 said:

What about the royal ship from ep. I? Is it too big?

The Ep 1 ship is longer than a Gozanti, so for regular games its to big, but maybe one day for epic?

12 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Resistance needs their Y and B wings. People have also been asking for the T-85, but I could go either way on that.

The T-85 is a must in my opinion. The Resistance is currently built on a foundation of neat tricks and flashy pilots. Only thing is most of the pilots aren't great independently and also aren't great working together either. It mostly a salad of abilities that might get you through a game. I think a few people in the past have said you can't afford mistakes with this faction.

So in that light we should lean into that more, the faction needs a true ace platform. It needs a 3/3/4/3 platform, to compete with the other factions, plus steer away from rebels.

As for Resistance B-wing and Y-wing. Well I don't think the B-wing can offer anything that the T-70 doesn't already have covered with it flexible load out.

A small 360 turret ship would be nice but that doesn't appear to be how the resistance Y-wing functions. It'll be a small base bomber with a multi-arc. Resistance doesn't have a great support ship or AOE support crews to back it up. Plus it seems that the transport and Y-wing will be quite comparable, and transport is hardly being used, even as spam. Addtionally with the Y-wing at the price region of 30's- low 40's I'd rather have an RZ-2 as a 2 dice gun. If you want beef the T-70 will last longer.

The T-85 is the only thing that will make waves in the faction that I can see.

Edited by Tyhar7

Now that sounds funny 🤣

4 minutes ago, Tyhar7 said:

The Resistance is currently built on a foundation of neat tricks and flashy pilots(camera work). Only thing is most of the pilots (directors) aren't great independently and also aren't great working together either. It mostly a salad of abilities (plot ideas) that might get you through a game (trilogy).

I can't tell you how much it pleases me that the faction so greatly reflects the production of it's movies. Hats off to FFG for really capturing the essence of a dumpster fire theme park ride lololololol

For Rebels, the next new ship that I hope they get is the Stinger Mantis from Fallen Order. Probably Large base, loves going straight, poor turns. Bullseye mechanic? Hardstop turn similar to the U-Wing? Cere Junda, Greez Dritus, and generic pilot. Kal Kestus and Nightsister Merrin crew.

EJlFrRlXsAAVMfz.jpg

Edited by 5050Saint

That looks too big to be a Large base. What is the size comparison to something like the VCX / Upsilon

11 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

That looks too big to be a Large base. What is the size comparison to something like the VCX / Upsilon

No official dimensions have been released, but that fore section underneath the yellow trim paint is the cockpit, which is about the same size as the Falcon's cockpit.

3 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I can't tell you how much it pleases me that the faction so greatly reflects the production of it's movies. Hats off to FFG for really capturing the essence of a dumpster fire theme park ride lololololol

I've never been so amused being misrepresented.

All in fun. I don't know if you liked the ST or not. I just wish we all had gotten something better. All in fun dude 🍻

4 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

Urge to beat dead horse... RISING!

I know the people who liked the ST are tired of hearing from us (we have obliterated that poor horse by now), but it's so difficult not to jump in on material like this.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

Ain't gonna lie, it was low hanging fruit. And I jumped at it. I'd feel bad... But I don't have a heart anymore. Sooooo...I don't feel bad at all 🤣

6 hours ago, Dwing said:

Wait, this thing is as long as a Gozanti? 0de1ffe72ad0159b2430753782c18945.jpg

Not anymore. Legends the Gozanti was shorter in length. In Canon that's been fixed. Gozanti-class Cruisers (think Land Cruiser or Bay Cruiser, not the warship class) are 63.8m (used to be 41.8m) long and the H Type is 47.9m (same as in Legends) long.

Gozanti in Canon: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gozanti-class_cruiser (references this for the length: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels:_The_Visual_Guide )

Gozanti in Legends: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gozanti_Cruiser (references this for length: https://web.archive.org/web/20100414062011/http://starwars.com/databank/starship/kraytshonor/index.html )

H-Type Nubian Yacht Canon: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/H-type_Nubian_yacht (References: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Encyclopedia_of_Starfighters_and_Other_Vehicles )

H-type Nubian Yacht Legends: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/H-type_Nubian_yacht/Legends

Edited by Hiemfire
I have no clue why my post formatted that way, something to do with the urls...
16 hours ago, Odanan said:

but Republic will not be over without the Clone Z-95

I keep forgetting about those, but I'm always down for more Clone stuff. Should be neat to see how different from the Rebel and Scum versions they wind up being.

1 hour ago, ForceSensitive said:

Ain't gonna lie, it was low hanging fruit. And I jumped at it. I'd feel bad... But I don't have a heart anymore. Sooooo...I don't feel bad at all 🤣

Yeah my heart died with green *** milk.

Still I like T-70's... so Resistance for me.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:32 PM, 5050Saint said:

No official dimensions have been released, but that fore section underneath the yellow trim paint is the cockpit, which is about the same size as the Falcon's cockpit.

It's not that small, but this thing can definitely fit on a large base. It's longer than The Falcon... But not by a whole lot.

5 hours ago, KCDodger said:

It's not that small, but this thing can definitely fit on a large base. It's longer than The Falcon... But not by a whole lot.

More than 50%... On the other hand it's probably not that much longer than a VCX or YV-666, 50m maybe.

Edited by Cerebrawl
On 10/18/2020 at 1:40 AM, Cerebrawl said:

More than 50%... On the other hand it's probably not that much longer than a VCX or YV-666, 50m maybe.

That would do.

Rebels need more ships, clearly. And there aren't many canon options. So I'm all for a tie-in with such a successful game. (also: new pilots with Force are always welcome)

It would be nice to have the YT-2400 rereleased, along with the canon Iron Squadron pilots.

There is a thread where you got to make 3 wishes for the future of X-Wing. Here are mine:

1 minute ago, Odanan said:

1- The leaked packs: Phoenix Squadron Pack : with B[lade]-Wing [prototype] + 2 repainted A-Wings AND Skystrike Academy Squadron Pack : with [Elite] TIE Defender + 2 repainted TIE Interceptors. Lot's of pilots and upgrades for these ships. Also: more squadron packs in the future (Rogue One's X-Wing Blue Squadron is a must)

2- Campaign box : something like the campaigns in Armada OR something like HotAC. Official HotAC box would be awesome.

3- " X-Wing Race" box : with 4-5 racer miniatures (Fireball compatible, but not included), based on The Resistance. Box is a standalone game, but cards and pilots can be used in X-Wing 2nd Ed.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 10:57 AM, 5050Saint said:

For Rebels, the next new ship that I hope they get is the Stinger Mantis from Fallen Order. Probably Large base, loves going straight, poor turns. Bullseye mechanic? Hardstop turn similar to the U-Wing? Cere Junda, Greez Dritus, and generic pilot. Kal Kestus and Nightsister Merrin crew.

I don't see the Stinger Mantis being anything more than a low quality large base U-wing. Based on what you see it do in Fallen Order, it won't add much to the game - a large base ship that can go fast, stop, rotate, weak attack, next to no defense, 2 crew, maybe no or all red turns. As a ship I don't think it would ever be worth it other than to have a cool model.

Fallen Order crew on the other hand would be great.

Cal. One Force. One Charge. After an enemy ship in your \/ reveals its dial you may spend one charge to lower the speed of its revealed maneuver by 1 to a minimum of 0. Action: Spend one force to regain your charge.

Merrin. Three charges, recurring. During the end phase you may spend 3 charges to perform a cloak action. While cloaked you can not select a maneuver faster than speed 1. (because Greez had to fly carefully so they wouldn't be detected while "cloaked")

Cere. Requires Coordinate Action. After you perform a coordinate action, if the coordinated ship has not revealed its dial it may gain a strain or a disarm token. On strain the coordinated ship may change its dial to a maneuver of a different bearing, but the same speed. On disarm the coordinated ship may change its dial to a maneuver of a different speed, but same bearing. (because Cere is on the comm telling you what to do)

BD-1. Calculate action. Honestly I don't know he would do. Something about spending calculates to flip face up Pilot damage cards, or using calculate to ignore debris fields maybe.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:35 AM, Asaverino1019 said:

Fallen Order crew on the other hand would be great.

Cal. One Force. One Charge. After an enemy ship in your \/ reveals its dial you may spend one charge to lower the speed of its revealed maneuver by 1 to a minimum of 0. Action: Spend one force to regain your charge.

Merrin. Three charges, recurring. During the end phase you may spend 3 charges to perform a cloak action. While cloaked you can not select a maneuver faster than speed 1. (because Greez had to fly carefully so they wouldn't be detected while "cloaked")

Cere. Requires Coordinate Action. After you perform a coordinate action, if the coordinated ship has not revealed its dial it may gain a strain or a disarm token. On strain the coordinated ship may change its dial to a maneuver of a different bearing, but the same speed. On disarm the coordinated ship may change its dial to a maneuver of a different speed, but same bearing. (because Cere is on the comm telling you what to do)

BD-1. Calculate action. Honestly I don't know he would do. Something about spending calculates to flip face up Pilot damage cards, or using calculate to ignore debris fields maybe.

I like these.

Cal playing off of his "slow" force power is neat, but "minimum of 0" would cause a problem, as there are no 0 speed straight, bank, or turn maneuvers. Reducing to 1 seems better. You could even add a clause of "unless that ship gains one strain token" to give some agency back to the enemy. I'd even extend Cal's ability to any ship in the front arc, not just enemies, allowing you to alter friendly ship maneuvers since the first time we see Cal use "slow' was on his friend.

Merrin is solid. Cere seems a little too complicated. All that text likely wouldn't fit on a card. BD-1 may not be necessary, but if BD was included, the ability could be linked to his maps somehow.

Edited by 5050Saint