What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

9 minutes ago, Odanan said:

The plastic range and movement templates they just announced might indicate some change with the Epic movement. And I woul love that.

It would streamline the logistics a little for sure. :)

3 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

It would streamline the logistics a little for sure. :)

I always thought movement is the week point of the epic.

On 2/27/2019 at 5:24 PM, Odanan said:

So, let's guess the most likely NEW ships to feature in the game. (no Legends ships here)

EMPIRE:

• TIE/rb heavy starfighter "Tie Brute" (hopefully with front/rear arc and some kind of calculate mechanic - because of the droid brain)
  • LAAT/le gunship (not exactly essential, but an interesting addition for the Imperials)

REBELS:

• ?

RESISTANCE:

FIRST ORDER:

REPUBLIC:

SEPARATISTS:

SCUM

• Pirate "ugly" starfighters from the Resistance series
  • Pirate "ugly" shuttle from the Resistance series

that Rogue class better be scum too! such a cool ship

12 hours ago, Odanan said:

Gauntlet: shrink it to (very) large base?

That's my vote. Unless Epic ships got a major overhaul to movement and the like for 2E, the Gauntlet behaves too unlike other examples of Epic ships to truly belong in that size category.

6 hours ago, Odanan said:

I always thought movement is the week point of the epic.

yeah the templates were horribly designed. we had some house rules but youre right, theyre definitely the weak point of the format

So, the B-wing is blue. Do you think FFG will continue to release new paint schemes for the old ships? I REALLY HOPE SO! (Though my wallet will suffer)

EDIT: or my eyes deceive me and the painting of the new B-wing is not so different?

Edited by Odanan

+1 for Nantex Geonosian Starfighters. With named pilots like Sun Fac, Poggle, and some generics.

And, of course, the Hammerhead Corvette for the Rebels (epic). Oh, I wish it comes with the Blue Squadron X-Wing (and proper pilots).

We'll certainly get all the new lego set stuff and the TIE Echelon. Looking BIG forward to the latter.

7 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

We'll certainly get all the new lego set stuff and the TIE Echelon. Looking BIG forward to the latter.

Resistance Y-Wing and First Order TIE Bomber are very likely, since the sequel trilogy is reusing the first Star Wars ships.

But this TIE Echelon, does it have a place in the game? Unless it really shows up in Ep. IX more time than 2 seconds, I would prefer the Xi-class light shuttle (for a cheap crew carrier).

3 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Resistance Y-Wing and First Order TIE Bomber are very likely, since the sequel trilogy is reusing the first Star Wars ships.

But this TIE Echelon, does it have a place in the game? Unless it really shows up in Ep. IX more time than 2 seconds, I would prefer the Xi-class light shuttle (for a cheap crew carrier).

I think the Xi is god awful and ugly as a design, but I wouldn't protest it. The TIE Echelon however, yes. With its fore turret, it'd be interesting if the Echelon had a 3 forward with those FAT guns and a 2 turret arc but it couldn't go to the back. Or just a 180 arc.

I don't think the Echelon is going to be a cheap crew carrier. I think it's going to be a First Order TIE Reaper (just look at the hull, she's directly related.), and will act as an "Elite" transport capable of tangoing with snubfighters if necessary. Cheaper than an Upsilon, but perhaps, not by a whole lot.

If we want a cheap crew carrier that's an analogue to the Resistance Transport, the First Order boat is a great option. Not much in firepower but extremely cheap. (And I guess they have hyperdrives. Go figure.)

On 2/28/2019 at 11:33 PM, SabineKey said:

That's my vote. Unless Epic ships got a major overhaul to movement and the like for 2E, the Gauntlet behaves too unlike other examples of Epic ships to truly belong in that size category.

ugh please not star wars starship battles again.

the ship is cool but shrinking it by nearly 80 percent would look so dumb

55 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

Then don’t strink it that much.

18 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

Hound's Tooth

• Length: 47.4 meters
  • Width: 36.9 meters
  • Height/depth: 15.5 meters

Ghost

• Length: 43.9 meters
  • Width: 34.2 meters
  • Height/depth: 14.5 meters

Nightbrother

• Length: 52.3 meters
  • Width: 52.4 meters
  • Height/depth: 13.23 meters

Yes, FFG would need to be shrink it a bit to fit the large base, BUT it actually would look better at the extreme of the large base than in the Epic size. Besides, this is an agile ship, with no turrets (only forward and rear guns): there is no way it would work in the current Epic rules.

i Would love to see the folowing

Republic V wing

Speratist Droid Tri fighter

Empire Tie Brute

Scum .Any pice of junk rly

Rebels Captured Lambda ?

First order, Tie Echilon ( From the new park disney is opening)

A 3x T-85 list would be pretty sweet, I'd fly that for sure

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Hound's Tooth

Ghost

Nightbrother

Yes, FFG would need to be shrink it a bit to fit the large base, BUT it actually would look better at the extreme of the large base than in the Epic size. Besides, this is an agile ship, with no turrets (only forward and rear guns): there is no way it would work in the current Epic rules.

Weren't the Ghost and the Hound's Tooth already at the extreme for Large Bases? Where are we drawing the line?

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

Weren't the Ghost and the Hound's Tooth already at the extreme for Large Bases? Where are we drawing the line?

Hence the debate on the Gauntlet. Some base it on size, others on functionality of the ship. If you see the Gauntlet in action, particularly at the end of season 3 of Rebels, it is clear it has way more in common with ships like the Falcon and the Ghost than it does with a Gozanti or a CR90. While an extra base size category or special movement rules for an Epic Gauntlet could help with the functionality, so would simply scaling it a little more. We already have some Epic ships using different scales than the standard ships. For me personally, The slight inconvenience of a ship using a different scale is worth having it more accurately portrayed in gameplay mechanics.

16 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Ark Angel mus be one of the most impractical ship designs in Star Wars...

And those shuttles... do we really need more Imperial shuttles?

The SS-54 Assault Ship is a good bet, though.

3 hours ago, Odanan said:

Ark Angel mus be one of the most impractical ship designs in Star Wars...

True. There aren't too many canon scum ships these days though, so I wouldn't be all that surprised if we see it... Aphra was conspicuously missing from the conversion kits even though her droids were in them, so I bet FFG at least has something planned for her...

32 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

There aren't too many canon scum ships

I have a hard time thinking of the Ark Angel as a ship. More like a piece of courtyard art that someone decided to strap some engines to.

On 3/3/2019 at 7:23 AM, Odanan said:

Hound's Tooth

Ghost

Nightbrother

I'd be cool with FFG just redesigning the Gauntlet or or Imperial-Raidering a new mandalorean ship for the game, but it makes my skin crawl to see huge ships shrunk down.

also wookipedia is wrong on ship dimensions half of the time. LucasArts rarely released stats for their ships so people guessed and the second one person put it in writing it appears in all the searches and gets repeated until its "cannon". essentially fellow nerds on geocities and angelfire sites made up half the lore on ship dimensions in the 90s.

For example we know the floor plan of the hounds tooth and that it has rooms to either side of a hallway and a hangerbay a Z-95 flies into, so there is no possible way its only 9 feet wide in the hull. an 8 foot wide RV is tight enough squeze without stairways, hull plating, multiple walls and whatnot narrowing the space. and even when there is an accurate piece of size information it can be misinterpreted, for example thinking a measurement includes wings or fins if it doesnt or vice versa, which is likely what happened with the hounds tooth. The way its described in lore The YV-666 sounds like a very large ship and it makes way more sense that the ship is the width of a house than the width of a large pickup truck.

this means the only way to really gauge size without blueprints is to look at consistent measurements in universe, such as airlocks, or cockpit sizes, or known features of a ship. for example we know right off the bat that the X-wing, the A-wing and the Upsilon models are at wildly different scales by looking at the cockpit. at 1/270 the upsilons cockpit (which holds a half dozen men standing) is 3 feet tall by 10 feet deep and wide. The X-wings cockpit (1 person seated) is around 5 feet tall, 5 wide, and 6 long. and the A-wing somehow has a 15 foot long cockpit thats 5 feet wide and long. clearly the Zentraedi aren't flying A-wings so something is off.

anyways the night-brother is an awesome ship, just not really buying it in x-wing. Not sure we need a more maneuverable Ghost with extra firepower and hull being flown by Maul, you know?

Aka'Jor shuttle might fill the nitch nicely though

12 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

a more maneuverable Ghost with extra firepower and hull being flown by Maul

Do. Want.

(But no, it wouldn't have that much firepower - probably 3 front/3 back or 3 front/2 back)