What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

So, let's guess the most likely NEW ships to feature in the game. (no Legends ships here)

REPUBLIC:

SEPARATISTS:

SCUM:

EMPIRE:

REBELS:

RESISTANCE:

• T-85 X-Wing (with an exclusive mod that gives cloaking?)
  • Fireball and other "racing" ships from The Resistance series ( Black Ace is awesome). There are at least 6 other ships in the Ace Squadron and oh, they would look awesome in a X-Wing spin-off about racing (totally compatible with the main game).
  • Y-Wing BTA-NR2 (yay! Y-Wings for everybody!).
  • Venisa Doza's modified T65B X-Wing from 2nd season of The Resistance. How about an X-wing with attack 2 , jam action, missiles, torpedoes, cannon, maybe some illicit and a few mod slots?
  • Resistance B-Wing (we don't know much about this ship, except for the fact it's very ugly).
  • WTK-85A transport (title: Bestoon Legacy ) - is it Scum? was this ship originally piloted by Rey's parents? Well, has at least one First Order (Ochi) and one Resistance (Poe) pilot. More info released.
  • Star Commuter 2000 - civilian shuttle used in Star Wars The Resistance (and in Rebels). Probably unnarmed.
  • I-TS from Galaxy's Edge.
  • A lot of ships in the background of the big (space?) battle in Ep. IX.

FIRST ORDER:

-----------------------------------

Huge ships (including some more obscure* designs)

CIS:

REPUBLIC:

REPUBLIC/REBELS:

REBELS:

RESISTANCE:

• Modified Raider-II class corvette (retrofitted Corvus from Battlefront II)
  • Many, many ships in the final "space" battle in Ep. IX.

EMPIRE/FIRST ORDER:

-----------------------------------

EDIT: two down!

EDIT2: two more down!

EDIT3: 08/jan/2020 - three more down!

EDIT4: 30/jul/2020 - five down!

Edited by Odanan

To be honest... I’ve kind of got all the ones I really wanted. The grown up TIE fighter fan boy would like the Avenger, Stormtrooper Transport, Assault Shuttle and so forth. Never liked Uglies, bored of TIE variants (except above), prequels don’t interest me (though if you enjoy that period more power to you! Different strokes etc.).

I would much prefer Epic got its re release before new ships appear.

19 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Fireball and maybe other "racing" ships from the Resistance series

Based on the description you linked to... Ship ability: "The first time you are dealt a damage card, instead look through your damage deck for a 'Console Fire' and deal that card to this ship, then shuffle your damage deck." Eh?

19 minutes ago, Odanan said:

SCUM

Noooooooo, not Uglies (I haven't seen anything from that show so maybe, Idk, but still): Clone Wars has plenty of lovable Scummy characters that I'm sure they'll release ❤️

Only a matter of time before the tie heavy arrives, and I want it.

also there are a few of those CIS ships I would like to see and would be surprised if we don’t. Sheathpede, HMP and tri fighter will be coming over the next 9-18 months I expect.

7 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

First  Ord  er might see a Xi-class light shuttle 

Can’t believe I never thought of that ship. It’d be a great addition for the FO as a cheaper crew carrier and could be the first medium base for the FO. 😀

51 minutes ago, Estarriol said:

To be honest... I’ve kind of got all the ones I really wanted. The grown up TIE fighter fan boy would like the Avenger, Stormtrooper Transport, Assault Shuttle and so forth. Never liked Uglies, bored of TIE variants (except above), prequels don’t interest me (though if you enjoy that period more power to you! Different strokes etc.).

I would much prefer Epic got its re release before new ships appear.

Personally, I'm still holding out hope for Experimental TIEs and control ships.

2 hours ago, Odanan said:

SCUM 

•  Pirate "ugly"  starfighters  from the Resistance seri  e  s
  • Pirate "ugly" shuttle from the Resistance  series

Like both of these but I'm really hoping for the shuttle as a generic non-limited coordinate platform.

The Halo, an SS-54 gunship. It could be multifaction or resistance. It is featured prominently in Aftermath.

6 hours ago, Odanan said:

So, let's guess the most likely NEW ships to feature in the game. (no Legends ships here)

RESISTANCE:

Given your list and the canon appearances, it's not beyond the realm of possibility to see the Xi-class shuttle as a Resistance ship, given that it was stolen and taken to Crait by Rose and Finn. I really wouldn't like to see the Fireball show up for a while - I'd rather some of the other aces' ships (especially since there's really only Poe as a Resistance High-Ini ace in the current game). I think what would be really awesome is a "Colossus Aces" squadron pack with Tora Doza's and Hype Fazon's ships, with Kas in the Fireball. If you're following Resistance, the Fireball's a piece of junk that never works right. Not ideal for a "fast-paced game of tactical starship combat" ;)

It's popped up a number of times in other threads, so I thought I'd add it here - The "Twilight" for Republic would be a likely candidate, given that the Separatists have already gotten a large-base ship in the Sith Infiltrator. In addition, I would add the Naboo Royal Starship here (J-type 327 Nubian Transport) as a highly likely Republic ship to appear somewhere in the next few waves - high agility and speed, and a little tanky, but low attack - this would most likely be a Padme Amidala crew carrier, and we'd get pilots like Captain Typho. It would fill the U-Wing support slot nicely. The rest of these look like spot-on potentials.

SEPARATISTS:

Given that the Seppies are shaping up to be a high-density swarming faction, I think we're most likely to see alternative droid ships like the Tri-fighter before we'll see the independent starfighters like the Geonosian fighters or droid gunship on the playmats. I would predict that the Rogue-class starfighter is more likely to be Scum than Separatist, since Cad Bane is most frequently shown using it. I think the Sheathipede is possible, but not imminent, especially since it is already a Rebel ship and is more likely to be re-released first.

SCUM

• Pirate "ugly" starfighters from the Resistance series
  • Pirate "ugly" shuttle from the Resistance series

To be consistent with my earlier comments, I would probably predict as potential "New" for Scum:

Rogue-class starfighter

Corona-class armed frigate/ Flarestar-class attack shuttle (Hondo's flying saucers)

Gauntlet-class starfighter (Maul's superFang the Nightbrother ) - This one appears in both Clone Wars and Rebels, so it's higher on the list of potentials, I think. Plus, we already have Maul crew for Scum; why not a pilot? Scum needs more Force- using pilots, and Maul would be a good one.

Possibly a pirate "ugly", but they haven't appeared enough yet.

I can't see a Jango's Slave I release in the near future, since the Firespray was already re-released for 2.0. It's possible, since it did have a different paint scheme, but unlikely, in my opinion.

If we're getting print media ships, I'm oblivious - I have no idea what ships have appeared in comics or novels.

Edited by feltipern1

EMPIRE:

• TIE/rb heavy starfighter "Tie Brute" (hopefully with front/rear arc and some kind of calculate mechanic - because of the droid brain)
  • LAAT/le gunship (not exactly essential, but an interesting addition for the Imperials)

REBELS:

• ?

RESISTANCE:

FIRST ORDER:

REPUBLIC:

SEPARATISTS:

SCUM

• Pirate "ugly" starfighters from the Resistance series
  • Pirate "ugly" shuttle from the Resistance series

YAAAS
SOMEBODY ELSE ECHOING MY MEDIUM BASE Y-WING SUGGESTION
FINALLY

I'd add Sana Starros's Volt Cobra to the scum list.

I'd also add Anakin's spice freighter, the Twilight, to the Republic list.

For Separatists, the Mankvim-814 Interceptor from the techno union could make an appearance.

Edited by Tervlon

I want to eventually see the rebels (maybe resistance) get the H-wing.

Separatists better get the Scarab droid.

For Scum:

HH-87 Starhopper, used by Zygerrians and Hutts.

Flarestar-class attack shuttle, aka Hondo's flying saucer Jr.

Rogue-class doesn't fit Scum at all, it's a CIS fighter, Cad Bane had one, but he IIRC he got it from Sidious, to help with a job. In fact Bane has very close ties to the seppies, to the point of commanding frigates from time to time, and could be a Separatist ace.

Edited by eMeM

I can't say im particularly excited about all those new releases. Out of that list I personally am only really fussed about the Tie Brute but hopefully it comes with a focus too. Also the Republic gunship is just all sorts of awesome.

Everything else is just meh or super derivative like the FO red interceptor.. zzz boring!

Based on the Hyperspace kits, we are getting Tie Advanced Prototype and the Ghost the Imperials and Rebels.

I also guess:

Scum - Large ship re-releade

Resistance - Large ship re-release

FO - Red interceptor from the tv show

Republic - Large ship

CIS - Medium ship

Edited by Porkchop Express

Leaving aside this nonsense about Jango being a seppie, I think TCW is the most likely source for lots of new Scum ships. Although maybe there weren't many of the right size?

5 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

J-type 327 Nubian Transport 

That would be a huge ship, it is twice as long as a YT-1300 (or VCX-100, or VT-49)! I would love to see it, but it won't show up as a large...

Maybe the J-type Star Skiff ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/J-type_star_skiff ) : shorter and with weaponry, but still as wide as a VCX-100. That I can see have a place in standard X-wing.

Edited by NilsTillander

Gauntlet: shrink it to (very) large base?

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Gauntlet: shrink it to (very) large base?

Use it to herald the reboot of Epic.

I think it’s more likely that the new ships for rebel, empire, and scum (at least rebel and empire) won’t come until all the old stuff is rereleased.

38 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Use it to herald the reboot of Epic.

It would certainly be a badass Scum "fighting" epic ship. But the 1st ed. Epic movement doesn't fit very well for it.

6 minutes ago, Odanan said:

It would certainly be a badass Scum "fighting" epic ship. But the 1st ed. Epic movement doesn't fit very well for it.

Am I too far off if I expect the huge ship maneuver system to be changed? I could be wrong and they'll keep it the same, but I expect them to bring it more inline with how the rest of X-Wing performs maneuvers. It'll be met with allot of players ranting about "crap dials" while they ignore the effect that base size has on the maneuvers.

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Am I too far off if I expect the huge ship maneuver system to be changed? I could be wrong and they'll keep it the same, but I expect them to bring it more inline with how the rest of X-Wing performs maneuvers. It'll be met with allot of players ranting about "crap dials" while they ignore the effect that base size has on the maneuvers.

The plastic range and movement templates they just announced might indicate some change with the Epic movement. And I woul love that.