What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

I expect next will be Resistance Y and B wings, Tie Whisper and Dagger. Maybe the sheathaped and Theta shuttle as part of the same wave.

7 hours ago, All Shields Forward said:

I expect next will be Resistance Y and B wings, Tie Whisper and Dagger. Maybe the sheathaped and Theta shuttle as part of the same wave.

I'm afraid the Resistance B-wing will wait until FFG has nothing more to add. Ship has no pilots or personality.

But Resistance Y-wing is a no-brainer. Hopefully it will have some cool arc mechanics for the "turret", to differentiate it from the older Y-wings.

TIE Dagger at least looks unique. And I want Kylo's TIE "Interceptor" Whisper just for converting it to a TIE Avenger.

It has the same personality as the OT B-wing in ROTJ. Plus releasing 2 ships for each has a symmetry to it. And gives much needed diversity to the factions.

1 hour ago, All Shields Forward said:

It has the same personality as the OT B-wing in ROTJ. Plus releasing 2 ships for each has a symmetry to it. And gives much needed diversity to the factions.

Are you sure you want this?

rzjapbiwj8651.png?auto=webp&s=1744ded3c5

God, it's ugly!

Edited by Odanan
image not showing

You know what would be cool? The Black Ace ("Heavily Modified TIE/ln") for the Resistance.

b20849e74fa23a343a910c3fbf2b1c78.jpg

It certainly has the coolest character of the ST era:

maxresdefault.jpg

And it gets all those nice TIE upgrades! Oh, this TIE uses droids!

Edited by Odanan
2 hours ago, All Shields Forward said:

What diversity is that? A one agility 9 hull cannon carrier?

Well the transport is already pretty much that, being a retrofittd b-wing anyway. Its hardly seeing any use because the cannon toting T-70's do a better job, having a better agility and dial.

It might make headway with the s-foils but let's be frank all the Rebel players will be pissed the Resistance is getting another or better version of thier ship.

The next ship needs to be the T-85. The resistance coukd do with a 3 attack 3 agility ace platform.

I wouldn't mind if its the Y-wing but it needs to be a step away for the OT version, a small bomb carrier wouldn't go a miss.

Edit: a Y-wing with a sensor slot could be interesting...

Edited by Tyhar7

We'll get the T85 when we get FO Tie Bombers

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

You know what would be cool? The Black Ace ("Heavily Modified TIE/ln") for the Resistance.

b20849e74fa23a343a910c3fbf2b1c78.jpg

It certainly has the coolest character of the ST era:

maxresdefault.jpg

And it gets all those nice TIE upgrades! Oh, this TIE uses droids!

This ship is beautiful and I want it now. Gives me very strong Platinum Starling vibes, for any destiny players on the forums. I think I just like ships with that kind of shape.

How to get the Platinum Starling Exotic Ship in Destiny 2 | Gamepur

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Are you sure you want this?

rzjapbiwj8651.png?auto=webp&s=1744ded3c5

God, it's ugly!

Ugly? This actually looks like a fighter instead of a glass tube elevator car with a bunch of doodads added... Bull **** r.o.c. B-Wing geometry aside anyways.

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Ugly? This actually looks like a fighter instead of a glass tube elevator car with a bunch of doodads added... Bull **** r.o.c. B-Wing geometry aside anyways.

I mean, I like the design of it, but god **** that paintjob is hot trash. Who puts mud-colored stripes on a blue-gray background?

I would love the Resistance Aces over a "new" Y-wing or B-wing for the Resistance.

I'd be fine if they made like disney and just stepped over the st entirely. Get started on Old Republic or something else. Their Y and B both look pretty silly to me. Where do they even show up anyway? Just that on TRaS(h) battle?

12 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I'd be fine if they made like disney and just stepped over the st entirely. Get started on Old Republic or something else. Their Y and B both look pretty silly to me. Where do they even show up anyway? Just that on TRaS(h) battle?

B-wing (like in RotJ) barely shows up in the screen. But the Y-wing scene was cool (even if very brief).

YWing%252520Gif.gif

Specially because it evokes the old McQuarrie's concept art:

Ralph-McQuarrie-Sketches-2.png

Edited by Odanan

∆∆∆ From that angle I honestly can't tell the difference between it and a normal rebel Y. Especially the engines section. And I've been staring at it for a few minute now. Is the cockpit wedge wider? It doesn't even look closer to the RM art honestly. Needed to push the pylons further apart and thin down the spar even more to get even close.

Edit add. Oh, and the nacelles need rotated 45°. From the tail view, RM-Y nacelles are +-o-+, all cinematic ones are ×-o-×

Edited by ForceSensitive

Question for the community: If you were going to create another pilot for the sith infiltator, who would it be?

47 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

Question for the community: If you were going to create another pilot for the sith infiltator, who would it be?

Mas Amedda. Seems like a sly politician like him could be sent out by Sidious in the Infiltrator.

What do people think the FO bomber stat line and dial will look like? I can’t really find anything on stats, but I would put it somewhere between the TIE/sa and TIE/ca

1 hour ago, Sm00thB0r3 said:

What do people think the FO bomber stat line and dial will look like? I can’t really find anything on stats, but I would put it somewhere between the TIE/sa and TIE/ca

1113673528_TIEBOMBERFO.png.e0af4008be1a9

4 guns = more firepower. Basically an upgraded TIE/sa, I guess (tough it would be interesting to see some variation).

Wpn \/3, Agl 2, Hull 6, Shd 1

[torp], [torp OR miss], [miss], [gunn], [bomb], [bomb], [mod], [tech]

9 hours ago, Odanan said:

1113673528_TIEBOMBERFO.png.e0af4008be1a9

4 guns = more firepower. Basically an upgraded TIE/sa, I guess (tough it would be interesting to see some variation).

Wpn \/3, Agl 2, Hull 6, Shd 1

[torp], [torp OR miss], [miss], [gunn], [bomb], [bomb], [mod], [tech]

Number of guns has never really equaled to anything in the game, but I think a bomber with 3 red dice, misses a huge incentive to even take ordnance as 3 red dice often are enough. I think it should be a fairly normal bomber, but the tech slot is where it will differ from the Imp bomber.

Edited by Dwing
3 hours ago, Dwing said:

Number of guns has never really equaled to anything in the game,

I know, but look at the size of those guns!

On the other side, it could be made less sturdy and manoeuvrable...

9 minutes ago, Odanan said:

I know, but look at the size of those guns!

The large guns could equate to a cannon slot or 2. Give them the option to run any combination of cannons, missiles, torps, or bombs. That way their primary can still be low, incentivizing them to take some kind of secondary weapon. Just an idea.

8 minutes ago, Hippie Moosen said:

The large guns could equate to a cannon slot or 2. Give them the option to run any combination of cannons, missiles, torps, or bombs. That way their primary can still be low, incentivizing them to take some kind of secondary weapon. Just an idea.

That's a good idea.

Extra guns could also be related to a ship ability but cannons feels like the right choice to me.

I really just want everything that was shown in Star Wars: Resistance in this game.

The droid racer, the aces, the other racers shown (Rucklin, Yeager, , the bomber, the T-85, the weird T-65, the new Sheathipede, the pirate ships, the Guavian ship, the Meson Martinet,

I know I enjoyed the show more than some but there's so much potential stuff that could be added.

Seriously, these three ships alone for S&V would be awesome. (Second two might be too big, I remember having some debates on that front.)

the-voxx-vortex-5000-episode-gallery-11_

EDIT: stupid broken links making me fix them

undefined

undefined

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

I think a \/2,2,6,2 stat line line is likely. Talent, Mod, Tech, Sensor, 2 cannon slots, 2 bomb slots. I can see Synced Laser Cannons being used with passive sensors and some bombs to devastating effect. White focus, white lock, white BR, white reload. Not sure about linked actions?? They look a bit more nimble than the TIE/sa and TIE/ca, so dial-wise blue 1 banks/straight, blue 2 banks/straight and white turns, blue 3 straight white banks/turns, white 4 straight and red k-turn, maybe a red 5 k-turn??

A previous idea I had for a FO bomber ship' s ability:

Dive Bomber - After fully executing a manouvre, if you have not dropped or launched a device this round, you may drop or launch a bomb using the straight template equal to the speed of your executed manouvre. If you do, gain one disarm token.

Unique pilot abilities (only rough) :

PS4 - You may perform primary attacks while you have one disarm token. (Or if 3 die primary: While you have one disarm token you may gain one deplete token to perform your standard primary attack)

PS3 - Setup (1 charge): After placing ships you may move your charge token to an equipped upgrade card (maybe restrict to Missile/Torp/Bomb upgrade)

PS1 - You ignore the effects of bombs that hit at least one other ship

Edited by Deffly