What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

1 hour ago, InterceptorMad said:

Yeah even as a big FO fan, i can only really see a place for the Kylo Whisper, as at last the model is different enough and could have some different abilities and looks cool.

Until this forum and posts about the visual dictionary, i had no idea that the ties in RoS were a) not SFs and b) also called Tie Whispers. Maybe they can just be a title/config card for the SF.

Agreed. I think Kylo's Whisper will eventually make it into the game*, but the standard Whisper is likely at the bottom of FFG's "include" list for the First Order. The TIE Bomber/FO and even TIE Echelon are likely higher up the list, simply because they fulfill different game needs.

*If it does, will it be the single most expensive (non-Epic) ship, do we think? At least with the Kylo Ren title equipped? I mean, it should be very, very hard to kill, and very, very capable.

1 hour ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

*If it does, will it be the single most expensive (non-Epic) ship, do we think? At least with the Kylo Ren title equipped? I mean, it should be very, very hard to kill, and very, very capable.

I don't see why it would need to be most expensive. Very hard to kill and very capable is Kylo already. He ain't cheap. Until a dial, a ship ability, an action bar, a stat line, and a pilot ability are established, it seems odd to even talk about his cost.

17 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I don't see why it would need to be most expensive.

Because the ship is basically a TIE Silencer with turret?

7 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Because the ship is basically a TIE Silencer with turret?

If it has the SF Turret, it likely doesn't have the Autothrusters ability which would greatly hamper Kylo's maneuverability, making him much much less slippery. His hard-to-kill-ness relies on him being slippery and minimizing incoming shots. Without Autothrusters, he's more E-Wing than Silencer, and won't be as dodge-y.

Again, we are making assumptions about the ship that we just don't know yet. Until anything is established by FFG, we are only making guesses.

36 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

If it has the SF Turret, it likely doesn't have the Autothrusters ability which would greatly hamper Kylo's maneuverability, making him much much less slippery. His hard-to-kill-ness relies on him being slippery and minimizing incoming shots. Without Autothrusters, he's more E-Wing than Silencer, and won't be as dodge-y.

Again, we are making assumptions about the ship that we just don't know yet. Until anything is established by FFG, we are only making guesses.

Yes.

I mean, speculation about what the ship could do is part of the reason to lobby for a ship's inclusion. I think the tech mentioned in lore is ripe for some fun to play around gameplay wise.

12 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

I mean, speculation about what the ship could do is part of the reason to lobby for a ship's inclusion. I think the tech mentioned in lore is ripe for some fun to play around gameplay wise.

Speculation about what a ship will be is one thing. Speculating that it will be the most expensive ship in standard play with out pinning down at least some specifics as to why. If they had provided some thoughts on what the ship would be other than "the most expensive ship" and "very hard to kill" there would be room for discussion. I mentioned a dial, a ship ability, an action bar, a stat line, and a pilot ability kind of as a prompt for what they thought the Kylo and the ship might do.

I did kind of shutdown @Odanan who was making effort in that direction which I shouldn't have. My bad.

1 hour ago, 5050Saint said:

I did kind of shutdown @Odanan who was making effort in that direction which I shouldn't have. My bad.

No problemo!

I have no shame in saying that recently I'm mostly in the game for the minis (and an occasional HotAC). For me, the more the merrier. So balance or uniqueness are not my immediate concerns.

As an evolution of the TIE Silencer, I believe the TIE Whisper will be more expensive, but everything we do here is pure speculation.

PS: a suggested ability for the ship: start cloaked and lose it after the first attack. No cloak action.

2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Speculation about what a ship will be is one thing. Speculating that it will be the most expensive ship in standard play with out pinning down at least some specifics as to why. If they had provided some thoughts on what the ship would be other than "the most expensive ship" and "very hard to kill" there would be room for discussion. I mentioned a dial, a ship ability, an action bar, a stat line, and a pilot ability kind of as a prompt for what they thought the Kylo and the ship might do.

I asked a harmless question to the group at large. You provided your opinion (which was the intent of the question, after all). I'm failing to see where either of us committed a foul.

10 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

I asked a harmless question to the group at large. You provided your opinion (which was the intent of the question, after all). I'm failing to see where either of us committed a foul.

Not your fault, but you kinda did that thing where you ask a question in such a way that it implies an opinion, and that opinion was a bit of a strange one.

Instead of saying something neutral like "what sort of ship ability and points cost do you think Kylo's Whisper might have?"

You asked "will it be the most expensive non Epic ship in the game?", which is already trying to draw whoever answers it to a specific answer.

And @5050Saint 's reaction to that question is the same as my own: a sort of baffled "....well why would it be?"

It seems far more likely that Kylo's TIE Whisper will be a 'side-grade' to the Silencer, where it does some things better and some things worse. Otherwise you're creating a situation where Kylo is either just plain better in the Whisper and so Silencer Kylo is never taken, or the Whisper is too expensive to justify taking it over the Silencer and it's never taken. That's just.... the nature of ships in XWA that have a pilot you can only take one of across multiple ships.

5 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

Not your fault, but you kinda did that thing where you ask a question in such a way that it implies an opinion, and that opinion was a bit of a strange one.

Instead of saying something neutral like "what sort of ship ability and points cost do you think Kylo's Whisper might have?"

You asked "will it be the most expensive non Epic ship in the game?", which is already trying to draw whoever answers it to a specific answer.

Well you're not wrong... that is my opinion. I don't think it's that strange. I'm totally okay with people disagreeing with me, and I could be wrong, but I still don't think I've committed a faux pas. Insert shrug emoji here.

Yeah I don't see the Whisper having as much hull/shields. Maybe 3/1. So that would drop it below the Silencer, but then it's action bar (especially linked options) and it's ship ability (and any pilot abilities) would bring it back up to the Silencer, but for different reasons.

17 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

Yeah I don't see the Whisper having as much hull/shields. Maybe 3/1.

More like 1/3. If Rey manages it to burn it on a beach, using half-wet driftwood and seaweed, it really must be weak : P

Dang! This looks amazing!

On 11/11/2018 at 2:33 PM, Stealthcmc1974 said:

ilbNN1Z.jpg

7NcD8kI.jpg

@Captain Lackwit 's paintjob for the T-85. I know it says Red-3 in English but honestly I'm so happy with how the rest of the job turned out I don't even care. (Paint job thanks to Model Magician on Etsy).

The trident was piloted by Asajj, so you have at least one pilot.

5 hours ago, Odanan said:

But this is my preferred: Trident-class assault ship

Trident_USW.png

I completely forgot this thing even existed. Not sure how, what with its epic squidliness and all. I did some light googling and can't seem to find much that shows how it dealt with other fighters but I did find some stuff showing it walking with the tentacles. Do you think if we saw this come to X-wing we might see it latch onto rocks like the Vulture Droids or maybe even ships like the Buzz Droid Swarm? I don't see this ship as an auto include for this game, but it would make a really cool oddball choice to throw in at some point.

Edited by Hippie Moosen
1 hour ago, Hippie Moosen said:

I completely forgot this thing even existed. Not sure how, what with its epic squidliness and all. I did some light googling and can't seem to find much that shows how it dealt with other fighters but I did find some stuff showing it walking with the tentacles. Do you think if we saw this come to X-wing we might see it latch onto rocks like the Vulture Droids or maybe even ships like the Buzz Droid Swarm? I don't see this ship as an auto include for this game, but it would make a really cool oddball choice to throw in at some point.

The Trident-class must have some "melee" ability against huge (and large?) ships.

My most wanted pilots for a Hotshot And Aces 2:

22 hours ago, Odanan said:

Empire:

• TIE Fighter: Moff Gideon (maybe with a configuration card for his special TIE/ln?)
  • TIE Interceptor: Ciena Ree; Vult Skerris (though I'm pretty sure he will come in the Imperial squadron pack). EDIT : and Second Sister!
  • TIE Defender: Vult Skerris (as above, should come with the Imperial squadron pack. Also, "Elite TIE Defender" configuration card - and resculped mini - would be cool)
  • EDIT : TIE Reaper: Ninth Sister

Scum:

• Slave One: Jango Fett
  • Quadjumper: Maz Kanata
  • HWK-290: Kanan Jarrus (preferably in the Scum squadron pack, for the repainted black mini)
  • EDIT : Fang Fighter: Gar Saxon

Rebels:

• YT-2400: Jun Sato (with Hammer title)
  • A-wing: Shara Bey. EDIT : Ezra (and two-seat config card giving crew)
  • Naboo Starfighter (for Rebels, I know, not going to happen...): Leia, Shara Bey and Queen Sosha Soruna. With Rebel dial.
  • Y-wing: lots of missing pilots from the OT
  • X-wing: lots of missing pilots (including the Blue Squadron from Rogue One)
  • EDIT : B-wing: Hera (and Blade Wing Prototype config card)
Edited by Odanan
20 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

I think that ship falls more into line with scenario style play. It is a landing-craft/transport-craft. Protecting that sort of ship is one of the jobs of fighter-craft. I think Legion would see that ship before X-wing would. It would fit there better. It would probably even fit better as a squadron in Armada.

22 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

1 hour ago, Frimmel said:

I think that ship falls more into line with scenario style play. It is a landing-craft/transport-craft. Protecting that sort of ship is one of the jobs of fighter-craft. I think Legion would see that ship before X-wing would. It would fit there better. It would probably even fit better as a squadron in Armada.

The Trident-class would be impossibly huge for Legions and pretty big for landing on rocks. At 88.71 meters, it's almost the size of the GR-75.

12 minutes ago, Odanan said:

The Trident-class would be impossibly huge for Legions and pretty big for landing on rocks. At 88.71 meters, it's almost the size of the GR-75.

Oh wow didn't realize they were that big. From the images I saw I was thinking large base max. If it makes it to X-wing on a huge base though that would be a pretty awesome ship to put on the table. Is it weird that I want it in the game more now knowing how large the thing is?

1 minute ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Oh wow didn't realize they were that big. From the images I saw I was thinking large base max. If it makes it to X-wing on a huge base though that would be a pretty awesome ship to put on the table. Is it weird that I want it in the game more now knowing how large the thing is?

It's not weird, it will look quite formidable as Epic on the table. And not that we have many more options for the CIS...

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

There are are two different Trident-class, the drilling one that are troop transports, and the smaller one that Asajj flew.

6 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

There are are two different Trident-class, the drilling one that are troop transports, and the smaller one that Asajj flew.

That explains the images I saw that made it look closer to a large or medium base ship.