What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

17 minutes ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Hopefully this estimate is at least close. The three leaked squad packs are from awhile ago now, but not so much as a confirmation that they are real from what I've heard. The Imperial and Rebel ones (at least we're pretty sure that's what they are based on the leaked names) are something I'd really love to see happen sooner rather than later. I just really don't want those leaks to be false. Rebels and Imperials could use something new that doesn't come from a different factions new expansions.

Oh, I want so bad those 2 leaked "Squadron packs" to be real...

Just imagine new TIE Interceptor pilots! New A-wing and B-wing pilots! Maybe some configuration for the A-wing! Upgrades from the last waves (so we OT collectors don't need to buy out of faction). Repaints!...

31 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Is it really a 3rd edition or some spin-off?

(I love Descent 2e!)

descent-legends-of-the-dark-screengrab.p

This is literally all we know.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

With the image appearing in the October News, it will be a new version of Descent

8 hours ago, Tyhar7 said:

Y-Wings would be good as some small turret bombastic beef but honestly who's gonna be excited for the 4th factional version of the ship. How are you going to make this one different?

Drops the torp and turret slots. Adds cannon slot. Drops a hull, gains a shield, reduced difficulty of it's barrel-roll, gains the rotate action. Ship ability: Treat the front arc requirement on your cannon upgrades as turret arc.

Edited by Hiemfire

Probably better to do another of the Aces from Resistance than "another version of OT ship".

A cool think I'd like to see in the imperial aces pack (apart from I5 interceptor pilots) is a configuration for the TIE bomber that turns it into a TIE shuttle. I guess it would be something like: you lose all of your torpedo, missile, gunner and payload slots and gain 2 crew slots.

It would be a bit weird to have the ship ability do absolutely nothing with this config equipped but still...

4 hours ago, xanatos135 said:

A cool think I'd like to see in the imperial aces pack (apart from I5 interceptor pilots) is a configuration for the TIE bomber that turns it into a TIE shuttle. I guess it would be something like: you lose all of your torpedo, missile, gunner and payload slots and gain 2 crew slots.

It would be a bit weird to have the ship ability do absolutely nothing with this config equipped but still...

Or... just release the actual TIE [Command] Shuttle in the future. Empire needs some options of new chassis. ;)

TIE_Command_Shuttle.jpg

39 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Or... just release the actual TIE [Command] Shuttle in the future. Empire needs some options of new chassis. ;)

TIE_Command_Shuttle.jpg

Was that in any movie?

11 minutes ago, xanatos135 said:

Was that in any movie?

Yes, but if you blink, you will miss it.

9 hours ago, xanatos135 said:

A cool think I'd like to see in the imperial aces pack (apart from I5 interceptor pilots) is a configuration for the TIE bomber that turns it into a TIE shuttle.

Honestly, we don't even needs a configuration. Just release an I2 TIE Shuttle Pilot for the TIE/sa, and remove the various munitions for crew, similar to how Hyena have different slots on different pilots. That way you don't have to balance the configuration or any future crew for the pilot abilities of named pilots. They could even change up the action bar if they wanted, removing Reload for a red Coordinate or something like that.

46 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Honestly, we don't even needs a configuration. Just release an I2 TIE Shuttle Pilot for the TIE/sa, and remove the various munitions for crew, similar to how Hyena have different slots on different pilots. That way you don't have to balance the configuration or any future crew for the pilot abilities of named pilots. They could even change up the action bar if they wanted, removing Reload for a red Coordinate or something like that.

That's pretty neat. The only problem I see with it is that the nimble bomber ability should still appear in the card since in the end, it's the same ship (even if you change an action) so it would still look very weird.

I'd think they got to slip another Naboo ship in at some point soon. Next new wave might be some rebox stuff off some missing larges and a few new larges.

Rebel: Outrider

Empire: Lambda

Scum: Aggressor

Republic: Something Nubian

Seperatist: ???

Card pack to cover changes***

After this huge wave that gives them some revisit/update*** potential and a low work load to focus on the next big wave of stuff.

2 hours ago, xanatos135 said:

That's pretty neat. The only problem I see with it is that the nimble bomber ability should still appear in the card since in the end, it's the same ship (even if you change an action) so it would still look very weird.

Well if they do the Shuttle by adding pilots with altered action bars and crew slots instead of ordnance and a gunner, they could very easily just leave the ability off the card. If they wanted they could come up with some new ability that compliments a shuttle better as well. Like maybe something that rewards the shuttle for using coordinate, like maybe each time the shuttle coordinates it can assign a jam token to itself to assign a jam token to an enemy at range 2. The escape craft from the Scum Falcon shows us that there is definitely at least the possibility of certain pilots of a given ship having completely different ship abilities. Personally I like the idea a lot more than having it keep an ability that shouldn't be there on a pilot who's supposed to be in a shuttle instead of a bomber.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

The ship ability could be something like this: "You can't equip [crew][crew] cards" (so there is no chance Palpatine ride in this inferior vessel).

13 minutes ago, Odanan said:

The ship ability could be something like this: "You can't equip [crew][crew] cards" (so there is no chance Palpatine ride in this inferior vessel).

The Palp-Canister

27 minutes ago, Odanan said:

This is a pretty good idea. Definitely thematic for the empire as well. Why would the Emperor need to ferried about on such a tiny little ship that doesn't even have shields? He deserves something more grand. He also might electrocute someone if they have the audacity to try to stuff him into one of those flying tubes.

3 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

I'd think they got to slip another Naboo ship in at some point soon. Next new wave might be some rebox stuff off some missing larges and a few new larges.

Rebel: Outrider

Empire: Lambda

Republic: Something Nubian

Seperatist: ???

Card pack to cover changes***

After this huge wave that gives them some revisit/update*** potential and a low work load to focus on the next big wave of stuff.

Separatist: Sheathipede shuttle, as a cheap coordinate platform with... Hopefully Maul crew? 😃

Republic: a nubian ship, yes, including Padme crew, Qui Gonn crew!, Jarjar xD with a really silly ability and r2 crew too why not. Ric gunner maybe. I'd love to see this just for all the characters.

19 minutes ago, xanatos135 said:

Separatist: Sheathipede shuttle, as a cheap coordinate platform with... Hopefully Maul crew? 😃

Sheathipede would be pretty cool. I wonder if it'll have the longer fin on top like you see in Clone Wars. Also it seems so weird that we don't have Maul as a crew card or gunner. Totally forgot that he wasn't in one of those roles on this faction yet. Should be fun to see what he does once that card actually exists though.

25 minutes ago, xanatos135 said:

Republic: a nubian ship, yes, including Padme crew, Qui Gonn crew!, Jarjar xD with a really silly ability and r2 crew too why not. Ric gunner maybe. I'd love to see this just for all the characters.

I guess Seps do so far have one large ship, so adding the Sheathipede does make sense to keep an least their two factions balanced-ish in the PT era, and we all know they get it eventually. I've often thought, and I recall seeing a few others around here share, the idea that JarJar would be a fun wonky 'bad luck' crew. Almost like a Hondo in reverse of sorts. I don't care what the haters say. JarJar was a Sith Lord, a Gray Jedi, and fun comic relief, and played by a cool as heck'n black dude who never got enough credit for doing all that cgi work. All well before anyone knew who Andy Serkis was. Fight me. You can even pick the parking lot. 😁 😜

Jar Jar crew is a must. I had the idea that if his carrier is the defender on an attack and doesn't have any stress tokens, you can choose to take stress tokens to force the attacker to re-roll dice. So like you take 2 stress tokens and then the attacker re-rolls 2 dice of your choosing. In flavor speak Jar Jar fell on the controls while trying to help, causing the ship to fly erratically making it a bit harder to hit. Could swap out stress for strain, or ya know they could have him do something totally different. Just get Jar Jar in the game. Literally no one, not even the people using him, will know what hit em.

Edited by Hippie Moosen

Jar Jar [crew]: After attacker rolls, the defender may cancel all results. Roll 6 red dice. Alternate taking dice with the defender choosing first; results cannot be modified. Each player applies the selected results to their ship.

17 minutes ago, Target_2.0 said:

Jar Jar [crew]: After attacker rolls, the defender may cancel all results. Roll 6 red dice. Alternate taking dice with the defender choosing first; results cannot be modified. Each player applies the selected results to their ship.

That's evil. This game needs it :)

4 hours ago, ForceSensitive said:

Scum Aggressor is a medium base now.

33 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Scum Aggressor is a medium base now.

True, but still needs a rebox amiright?

1 hour ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Jar Jar crew is a must. I had the idea that if his carrier is the defender on an attack and doesn't have any stress tokens, you can choose to take stress tokens to force the attacker to re-roll dice. So like you take 2 stress tokens and then the attacker re-rolls 2 dice of your choosing. In flavor speak Jar Jar fell on the controls while trying to help, causing the ship to fly erratically making it a bit harder to hit.

LOL, that would be amazing!