What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

1 minute ago, Mu0n729 said:

It's so easy to miss that I missed it again! See???

That is a pretty effective way to demonstrate your point, I suppose.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:40 AM, Odanan said:

Since FFG made my last wish for a wave to come true, here are more: (too soon?)

Wave 8:

• Republic: V-Wing
  • Separatists: Rogue-class starfighter
  • Empire: TIE Brute

Wave 9:

• Republic: Eta-2
  • Separatists: Droid tri-fighter
  • Resistance: X-Wing T-85

Wave 10 and beyond:

• Separatists: Jango's Slave 1

Post from January. Keep it up with the good stuff, FFG.

51 minutes ago, funwok said:

Saw it on discord -> WT = Working Title? Continental may be a codename for a (at that time) still unnamed ship in lore. Anybody have a guess? 😉

Dang, it's the Razocrest!

The article only confirmed two though (if I'm not mistaken) and there were a lot more than two on the roster that was released by ProTech. And since SKU means stock keeping unit, we don't know if they are even all for x-wing. It just says that there are 7 allotted for star wars. My guess is that x wing gets the HMP, LAAT/i, and the Xi class shuttle. The remaining slots probably go to legion. Probably the Iden commander and the Inferno squad. For the rebels Cassian commander and the clan wren squad. If I'm not mistaken those were the "next" thing for legion

29 minutes ago, Gupa-nupa said:

The article only confirmed two though (if I'm not mistaken) and there were a lot more than two on the roster that was released by ProTech. And since SKU means stock keeping unit, we don't know if they are even all for x-wing. It just says that there are 7 allotted for star wars. My guess is that x wing gets the HMP, LAAT/i, and the Xi class shuttle. The remaining slots probably go to legion. Probably the Iden commander and the Inferno squad. For the rebels Cassian commander and the clan wren squad. If I'm not mistaken those were the "next" thing for legion

Reading the article, it says specifically that they are X-Wing SKUs

" It plans 40 releases over the four-week period, including Plaid Hat Game’s Forgotten Waters , seven Marvel Champions releases, four Star Wars Legion SKUs, Cosmic Encounter Duel , five releases for CMON’s Song of Ice and Fire, Sheriff of Nottingham 2nd Edition , three Helvetiq titles, three Djeco titles, and seven Star Wars X-Wing SKUs, among others."

34 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

Reading the article, it says specifically that they are X-Wing SKUs

" It plans 40 releases over the four-week period, including Plaid Hat Game’s Forgotten Waters , seven Marvel Champions releases, four Star Wars Legion SKUs, Cosmic Encounter Duel , five releases for CMON’s Song of Ice and Fire, Sheriff of Nottingham 2nd Edition , three Helvetiq titles, three Djeco titles, and seven Star Wars X-Wing SKUs, among others."

These are the damage deck skus that have been soft rolled out for a while. I imagine the legion skus are likewise the soft rolled out ones where other parts of the world have them.

On 2/27/2019 at 2:24 PM, Odanan said:

WTK-85A transport (title: Bestoon Legacy ) - is it Scum? was this ship originally piloted by Rey's parents? well, has at least one First Order (Ochi) and one Resistance (Poe) pilot. Oh, I think it featured in some later episodes of The Resistance. More info released.

Is it strange that I can see this ship being releasable for all 3 factions as a sort of combo pack? I.E. 1-2 generic pilots for each faction and 1-2 limited (named) pilots for each faction in one box with it having slightly different upgrade slots depending on which faction you're flying it for (all 3 have been given access to Illicit so across the board same would work) .

Edit:

W.A.G. Stats for the ship:

Size: Large

Weapons: Either 2 Icon arc standard front and 2 Icon arc single turret

or 2 Icon arc standard front and Upgrade turret

Dial: ? Not really sure, I may have to rewatch TRoS a couple of times focusing on the scenes of it flying but at the moment the Firespray dial with the 3 straight downgraded to white and the Tallon rolls removed seems to fit my recollection. It's definitely not as nimble as its smaller cousin (the Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug).

Slots: Aside from the possible turret slot (depending on how the weapons are set up) I'm thinking Tech, Mod (maybe 2), 2x Crew and Illicit for all three versions.

Action Bar: Focus, Red Barrel Roll, ?

Edited by Hiemfire

OMG!!

1 Rebel, 1 Imperial and 1 Scum "ace" packs?

Please let this be real!

5 hours ago, Arkanta974 said:

After some reseach about the X-Wing 2nd Ed: "Continental" (Wt) Expansion Pack, I found something who really intrigue me :

https://www.lionrampantimports.com/x-wing/x-wing-2nd-ed-phoenix-cell-squadron-pack-ffgswz83

https://www.lionrampantimports.com/x-wing/x-wing-2nd-ed-skystrike-acadademy-squadron-pack-ffgswz84

https://www.lionrampantimports.com/x-wing/x-wing-2nd-ed-fugutives-and-collaborators-squadron-pack-ffgswz85

Sadly no picture of this.

I know they have talk about the return of aces packs from the adepticon 2020 panel, so this a good news can wait to see more ! :)

Phoenix Cell Squadron Pack = B(lade)-wing + A-wing(s)!

c7f9b1ddbc089eff89ca3254af9498ba96da3ef6

0d643899e60c3516d50ac531a8a0b329.jpg

a-wing-trainer_72ac4ed9.jpeg?region=0,49

Bonus: new models and configurations for those ships:

Pilots: (there are actually lots of them, you could even make the pack without any of the Spectre team)

• Hera Syndulla
  • Ahsoka Tano
  • Sabine Wren
  • Ezra Bridger
  • Cleat
  • Secon Daree
  • Dicer
  • Duke
  • Kay Karno
  • Mart Mattin
Edited by Odanan

Skystrike Academy = TIE Interceptor(s) + TIE (Elite) Defender.

Pilots:

• Vult Skerris
  • Instructor Goran
  • Lieut. Gimm
  • Rake Gahree

Paintings:

fb79a9fb91c634eb9ee1ff082d3562b8538389d1

Xb0WoSa.jpg

Plus Jango's Slave too

1 hour ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Plus Jango's Slave too

Yes!

On 6/22/2020 at 7:26 PM, Odanan said:

You missed the most important one!

GMBdUCx.png

But yeah, my money's on:

Rebels: B-Wing and 2 A-Wings (Possibly an X-Wing instead of a B-Wing, possibly an attack shuttle or Y-Wing instead of one A-Wing, but neither seems likely)

Empire: TIE Defender and 2 Interceptors (Possibly a bomber instead of one interceptor)

Resistance: X-Wing and Salvaged YT-1300 (F&C might be scum but seems unlikely and goes against what the devs said about the first squad pack being Resistance, unless EpIX went over that badly)

I really hope that the Blade wing is in that Phoenix squad pack. I've got plenty of A, X, and Y-wings so whatever combination of those wind up being there doesn't really matter much to me personally. That version of the B-wing is so cool though, and it would be a perfect place to add a gunner configuration and some kind of new cannon or something to represent that awesome beam weapon.

Edited by Hippie Moosen
39 minutes ago, Hippie Moosen said:

I really hope that the Blade wing is in that Phoenix squad pack. I've got plenty of A, X, and Y-wings so whatever combination of those wind being there doesn't really matter much to me personally. That version of the B-wing is so cool though, and it would be a perfect place to add a gunner configuration and some kind of new cannon or something to represent that awesome beam weapon.

• B-6 prototype (Title, B-Wing Only)

Agility +1

Decrease the difficulty of your basic maneuvers

Add Gunner Slot

~ 20 points (maybe scaled by initiative)

• Composite Beam Cannon (Cannon Cannon)

3 Charges, recurring

Setup: Lose all of your charges

Attack (Lock): Spend 3 charges and your lock and gain 3 ion tokens to perform this attack. Convert all (hit results) to (crit results).

5 dice, bullseye, range 2-3

~ 10 points (definitely scaled by initiative)

On 6/24/2020 at 11:23 AM, ClassicalMoser said:

my money's on:

Rebels: B-Wing and 2 A-Wings (Possibly an X-Wing instead of a B-Wing, possibly an attack shuttle or Y-Wing instead of one A-Wing, but neither seems likely)

I think I’ve come around to agreeing with you on this. The clincher for me amid all the speculation was the B-Wing foils from Hotshots—how would FFG make that available again, if not by releasing another B-Wing that they can package it with? Simply put, there’s no more elegant way. Putting a B in the aces pack here (with maybe an extra foils or two) is clean and straightforward.

14 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

I think I’ve come around to agreeing with you on this. The clincher for me amid all the speculation was the B-Wing foils from Hotshots—how would FFG make that available again, if not by releasing another B-Wing that they can package it with? Simply put, there’s no more elegant way. Putting a B in the aces pack here (with maybe an extra foils or two) is clean and straightforward.

Not to mention this gorgeous painting:

6f09c9f8f26b10d5454c77c3376c535d.jpg

(and hopefully, a new model)

On 6/27/2020 at 8:11 PM, Odanan said:

Not to mention this gorgeous painting:

6f09c9f8f26b10d5454c77c3376c535d.jpg

(and hopefully, a new model)

Doubt we'd get a new model (even the Royal Guard TIE in 1.0 didn't) but there's no way they'd pass up that sweet sweet paint scheme. This is the real moneymaker here.

If we get two A-Wings I'm hoping for one painted like Hera's and one painted green like Sabine's or else the Phoenix paint scheme from Rebel Aces 1.0 (the McQuarrie painting version). I do wonder if the third ship could be an Attack Shuttle though.

Also seriously hoping for a little extra cardboard in there for a Sato's Hammer YT-2400 and maybe some X/Y/HWK pilots. Unlikely but I can dream, can't I?

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Are we sure its 3 ships?

8 minutes ago, legionaires said:

Are we sure its 3 ships?

Separatist squadron pack is 2 vultures and a belbullab

Rebublic squadron pack is 2 torrents and a aetherspite

It would be logic

10 minutes ago, legionaires said:

Are we sure its 3 ships?

Technically no, but the only historical “squadron pack” skus we have as reference were 3 ships, 2 of one kind and a third of another.

On 6/30/2020 at 1:00 PM, ScummyRebel said:

Technically no, but the only historical “squadron pack” skus we have as reference were 3 ships, 2 of one kind and a third of another.

Indeed. 3 small ships looks reasonable (for the Rebel and Imperial squadrons), but I can't see other composition for the Resistance if not a "re-imagined" Heroes of the Resistance, with the Scavenged YT-1300 and Poe's new orange/white T-70 X-wing.