What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

4 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Zeta-class, dammit. I want a space turtle.

(of course, I've used up all my requests for ever and ever and ever when it comes to this game).

Oh my god yes. Rogue one's ship designs are some of the best in star wars

Since FFG made my last wish for a wave to come true, here are more: (too soon?)

Wave 8:

• Republic: V-Wing
  • Separatists: Rogue-class starfighter
  • Empire: TIE Brute

Wave 9:

• Republic: Eta-2
  • Separatists: Droid tri-fighter
  • Resistance: X-Wing T-85

Wave 10 and beyond:

• Republic: Clone Z-95 , Nu-class/Theta-class (pick one of the shuttles)
  • Separatists: Jango's Slave 1, Sheathipede (though CIS pilots/dials for these two could come in card packs)
  • First Order: TIE Dagger , Kylo's Modified TIE Whisper , FO TIE Bomber
  • Resistance: Resistance Y-Wing, Resistance B-Wing (kind of boring...)
  • Scum: Razorcrest , Bounty Hunter Fighter (from The Mandalorian), Droid Racer (from The Resistance 2nd Season), Dalkor Dagger...
  • Empire: TIE Command Shuttle
  • more epic ships ( Hammerhead for Republic/Rebels is a must)
Edited by Odanan

Sure would be nice for just one Rebel ship to look forward to. I'd take a HWK reprint at this point.

8 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

Sure would be nice for just one Rebel ship to look forward to. I'd take a HWK reprint at this point.

I'm worry about the news of no more reprints for the near future, but I guess when they are completely out of stock, there is no reason for FFG to don't reprint the older ships.

Edited by Odanan
4 minutes ago, Odanan said:

I'm worry about the news of no more reprints for the near future, but I guess when they are completely out of stock, there is no reason for FFG to don't reprint the older ships.

Yeah, the Starwing seems like a logical choice for a reprint, as you cannot find one anywhere.

19 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

Or maybe a Rebel only card pack with Obi-Wan crew? Rebs have a good mix of ships, I'd just like more pilots/upgrades for them to keep some variety over time.

13 hours ago, Odanan said:

more epic ships ( Hammerhead for Republic/Rebels is a must)

As is a Crusader-class for Scum

Edited by Sm00thB0r3
Incorrect ship
9 hours ago, Sm00thB0r3 said:

As is a Crusader-class for Scum

Is the Crusader-class completely Legends? I thought I saw an image of it in some new comics...

14 hours ago, Odanan said:

Is the Crusader-class completely Legends? I thought I saw an image of it in some new comics...

I can’t find it anywhere as part of canon, so I guess it is completely Legends. Which means they probably wouldn’t introduce it and this makes me sad. 😢

10 hours ago, Sm00thB0r3 said:

I can’t find it anywhere as part of canon, so I guess it is completely Legends. Which means they probably wouldn’t introduce it and this makes me sad. 😢

It's a shame, because the Crusader looks boss and would make be a great match for the CR90 and the Raider.

I can't find it now, but there was an image posted here in these forums with some big Scum ships (Crusader-class, Minstrel-class and a flying-saucer) in the background of some Disney-era comics. So... there is a little hope?

EDIT: it's a little bigger than both the Raider and CR90, though. What about the Action IV?

Edited by Odanan

BTW, you can have Kylo's Modified TIE Whisper in your table right now: just glue the wings (with part of the wing pylons) of the TIE Silencer into a TIE Special Forces body.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:26 PM, XPav said:

So, we got Wave 8 announced in February, 8th. Dang, it will be hard to wait more 3 or 4 months until the next wave...

Wishlist:

And yes, I'm into XMTMG mostly for the miniatures - and an occasional HotAC (since there is no LGS e almost no other players in my town).

26 minutes ago, Odanan said:

So, we got Wave 8 announced in February, 8th. Dang, it will be hard to wait more 3 or 4 months until the next wave...

Wishlist:

And yes, I'm into XMTMG mostly for the miniatures - and an occasional HotAC (since there is no LGS e almost no other players in my town).

I like this list a lot. I'd love to see them get extra mileage though and make the V-Wing both Imperial/Republic and the Rogue both Separatist/Scum. With smaller waves why not do cross faction ships when it makes sense?

38 minutes ago, Tervlon said:

I like this list a lot. I'd love to see them get extra mileage though and make the V-Wing both Imperial/Republic and the Rogue both Separatist/Scum. With smaller waves why not do cross faction ships when it makes sense?

I would love to see more cross faction ships (your two suggestions are great, BTW), but I'm afraid these will be more limited in the second edition...

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

I would love to see more cross faction ships (your two suggestions are great, BTW), but I'm afraid these will be more limited in the second edition...

Sadly, I have to agree. It seems unlikely we'll get them for cross faction use...but I'm not shy to homebrew something for the kitchen table.

I wouldn't mind a Jade Shadow and a Z-95 repaint included, with a title/config to show Mara Jade's customizations.

1 hour ago, Porkchop Express said:

I wouldn't mind a Jade Shadow and a Z-95 repaint included, with a title/config to show Mara Jade's customizations.

Completely Legends... I don't see it coming to the game.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:45 AM, Odanan said:

Wishlist:

As a committed OT era player my heart anticipates but my wallet dreads the day they release the BRUTE, as I'll be buying 4 minimum. The potential list builds with a TIE Command Shuttle in them makes me happy too. Imps need a small base crew carrier badly.

Razor Crest by Christmas, yes please.

Only 2 named RZ-1 pilots is a an absolute travesty when measured against the Resistance options. Rebel Aces card pack is needed, (with Star Wars; Rebels characters in appropriate ships)

And let's remember the Outrider is officially canon....

16 hours ago, Cloaker said:

As a committed OT era player my heart anticipates but my wallet dreads the day they release the BRUTE, as I'll be buying 4 minimum. The potential list builds with a TIE Command Shuttle in them makes me happy too. Imps need a small base crew carrier badly.

Razor Crest by Christmas, yes please.

Only 2 named RZ-1 pilots is a an absolute travesty when measured against the Resistance options. Rebel Aces card pack is needed, (with Star Wars; Rebels characters in appropriate ships)

TIE Brute should come in the next couple of waves.

I'm looking forward to the TIE (Command) Shuttle, but I suppose it won't appear in 2020... it's a shame. It looks so cute (and useful).

With the success of The Mandalorian, Razor Crest is a no-brainer. Hopefully it will come soon.

I'm not proficient in X-Wing Second Edition (the text abilities could use some heavy work), but what would you think about something like this?

qgHTMQj.jpg

To go with this?

TLJBcOr.jpg

Shouldn't be a surprise but Asmodee's head of publishing confirmed Mandalorian content coming for X-Wing in an interview with Team Covenant. Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned on these boards anywhere. He also said Lucasfilm just aproved their minis plans (for X-Wing, Armada and Legion) through 2023 and said it was the strongest lineup of tabletop content they (LF) had ever seen.

2 hours ago, rawbean said:

Shouldn't be a surprise but Asmodee's head of publishing confirmed Mandalorian content coming for X-Wing in an interview with Team Covenant. Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned on these boards anywhere. He also said Lucasfilm just aproved their minis plans (for X-Wing, Armada and Legion) through 2023 and said it was the strongest lineup of tabletop content they (LF) had ever seen.

Oh jeez oh lord 🥵

18 hours ago, rawbean said:

Nice!!!

What's Next?

Ace Packs!

I'm sure the YT-1300 + T-70 (orange or black?) will be the next, but what you would like to see after?

I would love to see the TIE Interceptor with Second Sister, Vult Skerris and Ciena Ree. Here is the painting:

fb79a9fb91c634eb9ee1ff082d3562b8538389d1

Heck, in the same pack of the TIE Interceptor, we need the TIE Defender Elite!

EDIT: and Blue Squadron X-Wings + more Y-Wings from Rogue One!!

EDIT2: oh, and Phoenix Squadron A-Wings + the orange Prototype B[lade]-Wing. This is exciting!

Edited by Odanan
13 hours ago, Skitch_ said:

Max confirms: Aces packs for "a bunch of new factions"

Spoiled: Resistance aces pack will be the first pack and it will have a bright orange x-wing

• "Familiar ships with new paint jobs"
  • More thematic to time period or event, or media that comes out (hence the Resistance pack with an orange X-wing being first)
    • Rebel cells, imperial battle groups, etc
  • "Hefty on upgrades"
  • Good for starting a new faction or getting into the game
  • They are revisiting iconic pilots at different stages of their lives
    • New subtitle, new ability, potentially new initiative

Preview articles will be coming "late April and early May" for the Xi, droid gunship, LAAT.