THE MANDALORIAN

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Weekly.

6 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Hm, which means season 1 is all done then. Was wondering if all the episodes for season 1 would be released right away or weekly.

They could all be done and still released weekly, which I believe they are doing the latter.

‘Leak at will Commander,’

fpma5ra843i31.jpg

iozs2jd4a3i31.jpg

1k288lda43i31.jpg

ymuu2l23o3i31.jpg

D23

b7nlqpvrq3i31.jpg

Cara Dune costume

14 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

b7nlqpvrq3i31.jpg

Cara Dune costume

I really like this costume.

Just saw an interview with Jon Favreau about Mandalorian.

He makes a comment, “we even have the gun with a fork in it that you see Boba Fett using the first time we see him”

OMG OMG OMG A Director that pays attention to lore!!!!! Pays attention to details!!! I’m soooooooo hyped about this show.

e3nglnfz57i31.jpg

db9h7ktxb6i31.jpg

In the style of Boba Fett

nqla38h9r8i31.jpg

Actress Ming-Na Wen, one of the better actors from Agents of Shield, and at age 55 still kicks butttt, confirmed on the show.

12 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Interesting that they seem to be part of the same hunt team. An IG-86 series that understands the value of teamwork with other sentients including with organics is a nice twist.

y65q23az5ai31.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ccwebb said:

Poor trigger discipline. Sheesh, no wonder Darth Vader has to remind Mandalorians not to disintegrate people, if they're that sloppy.

Still can't wrap my head around Werner Herzog being in it!

Looks very interesting, to say the least.

That's a great trailer, in a way you don't often see these days: conveys the mood, tone and style of the show rather than just spoiling the bulk of the plot and snappiest dialogue in between frenetic cuts of action.

Loving the sense of mystery around the title character too, keeping his face, voice and even name secret, and yet they cast Pedro Pascal so there must be more to the Mandalorian than a suit of armour.

12 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Poor trigger discipline. Sheesh, no wonder Darth Vader has to remind Mandalorians not to disintegrate people, if they're that sloppy.

I know this is being trying humorous, but Isn't he in the middle of a firefight in that scene? Isn't that a good time to be ready to squeeze the trigger?

I think this is a good thing for Star Wars. Show that you can tell a gritty story at the same time that you have lighthearted ones. For as long as I can remember people have wanted a more grown up star wars, but at the same time Star Wars should be for everyone I feel. Now, we have the chance to have both.

11 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I know this is being trying humorous, but Isn't he in the middle of a firefight in that scene? Isn't that a good time to be ready to squeeze the trigger?

If the gun's pointed toward an enemy or where an enemy might appear, sure. When you have it pointed in some random direction because you're checking things out and clearly not planning to fire in that direction, not so much.

I'll wait until we get a chance to see it before passing judgement, but so far, it looks like tons of action without even a hint of a real story. Hopefully that's just the trailer.

It was more of a long teaser trailer than anything. I'm sure we are going to get a longer trailer with more plot details.

This trailer did get me pretty giddy though. I have almost written off Star Wars as the ST has done nothing for me except getting me to not care about Disney's lackluster attempt at putting out good SW content. However, I am looking forward to this series, with baited breath mind you. I was giddy as a school boy when TFA's trailer dropped.

Edited by Jo Jo
43 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

It was more of a long teaser trailer than anything. I'm sure we are going to get a longer trailer with more plot details.

This trailer did get me pretty giddy though. I have almost written off Star Wars as the ST has done nothing for me except getting me to not care about Disney's lackluster attempt at putting out good SW content. However, I am looking forward to this series, with baited breath mind you. I was giddy as a school boy when TFA's trailer dropped.

Personally, I'm having difficulty getting excited about it, but it's probably just a different audiences thing. I know there were people who really liked Solo, but when I saw it, my reaction was more, "Eh, not terrible, but not really one I'm interested in re-watching." I guess some people just prefer the Scummier side of the galaxy while others prefer the side with full armies battling each other.

I will say, the IG droid looked interesting. If nothing else, I'll probably watch the series to see what its story is.