THE MANDALORIAN

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

md9w8fy2o9s21.jpg

x82yrn15ppr21.jpg

Recent news

b6h609k15vr11.jpg

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Have we ever seen rifles with the fork on the end like that in Star Wars before? I feel like we have but can't recall where it might have been.

1 hour ago, CaptainIxidor said:

Have we ever seen rifles with the fork on the end like that in Star Wars before? I feel like we have but can't recall where it might have been.

hqdefault.jpg

?

Oh, duh! Nice!

Favreau has dropped this as well.

4 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

hqdefault.jpg

?

Canonicity of the Holiday Special confirmed...

3 hours ago, CaptainIxidor said:

Favreau has dropped this as well.

Mandalorian ice-cream-maker? Mandalorian crock-pot? Mandalorian canopic jar, which needs switches for some reason?

11 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Mandalorian ice-cream-maker? Mandalorian crock-pot? Mandalorian canopic jar, which needs switches for some reason?

Maybe Wilrow Hood took his data core to Tatooine?

6 minutes ago, CaptainIxidor said:

Maybe Wilrow Hood took his data core to Tatooine?

Data core? Willrow Hood was clearly making an ice cream delivery.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, JJ48 said:

Data core? Willrow Hood was clearly making an ice cream delivery.

Cloud City Ice Cream, straight from the carbon freezing chambers!

Man, I wonder how much credits people on Tatooine would pay for some cold ice cream.

13 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

Cloud City Ice Cream, straight from the carbon freezing chambers!

Man, I wonder how much credits people on Tatooine would pay for some cold  ice cream.

Well, the Hutts didn't make their fortune on beauty products.

22 hours ago, TopHatGorilla said:

Well, the Hutts didn't make their fortune on beauty products.

Turns out Jabba ran the Star Wars equivalent of Victoria's Secret. He just wanted Leia to model his newest golden bikini.

I just wish the first live-action Star Wars series were something I could be more excited about. But, I suppose with the right writers and actors, it could surprise me.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:14 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Dang, the names behind this series (actors and directors) are amazing. Taika Waititi! I cannot wait to see what he will do with Star Wars.

My expectations are not high. I'm hoping it's good. I expect it will be enjoyable at some level. I also suspect the writing will have issues. It's a common theme with Star Wars... anything, really.

It's not a shot at Disney to say that the story group hasn't got a strong track record... and it was bad in the old times too. It's a hard job, but it does feel like some things get passed through with too little attention to the details.

Staying on topic, I'm cautiously hopeful.

Hopefully they go more towards the adult fan, in terms of stories and character development. I would love a "darker" Star Wars, a look at the seedier underworld, kinda like Game of Thrones/ Breaking Bad.

50 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Hopefully they go more towards the adult fan, in terms of stories and character development. I would love a "darker" Star Wars, a look at the seedier underworld, kinda like Game of Thrones/ Breaking Bad.

Depends on how they do it. If they're just examining people who live on the other side of the law, that'll be fine. If the show itself (not just the characters) starts embracing Moral Relativism and Nihilism, I'm out.

15 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Depends on how they do it. If they're just examining people who live on the other side of the law, that'll be fine. If the show itself (not just the characters) starts embracing Moral Relativism and Nihilism, I'm out.

I hear ya. I'm hoping it'll be like Solo in that it wasn't concentrating on the civil war, it dipped in every once and a while, but for the most part it was kinda World Building on the everyday civilian life.

2 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

I'd be out so fast. I want my entertainment time to escape reality, not find an even worse reality. I referring to the "grittiness" of GoT/Breaking Bad... not the setting you've chosen

Admittedly though, there is an audience for it.

Edited by LagJanson
7 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I'd be out so fast. I want my entertainment time to escape reality, not find an even worse reality. I referring to the "grittiness" of GoT/Breaking Bad... not the setting you've chosen

Admittedly though, there is an audience for it.

I was mostly referring to the target audience level of show... More of an adult then say, Resistance level (child- young adult).

So I guess I'm asking for movie PG/ PG13 level . (if that makes sense?)

Rather than wish for another Game of Thrones (and I love GoT, but Disney is never going there with a core property), I’d rather them look at successful sci-fi shows of the past like Star Trek TNG. You can make a show geared at adults that can still run in prime time and be a huge hit. I think the entertainment industry is trying to make too many things funny or “dark” these days. No doubt a show about Mandalorians is going to have some grit, but why not try to make a good solid Sci-fi drama. That’s what I’m hoping for.

IGGY!!! Wooot!

On 12/17/2018 at 7:07 PM, dadocollin said:

Rather than wish for another Game of Thrones (and I love GoT, but Disney is never going there with a core property), I’d rather them look at successful sci-fi shows of the past like Star Trek TNG. You can make a show geared at adults that can still run in prime time and be a huge hit. I think the entertainment industry is trying to make too many things funny or “dark” these days. No doubt a show about Mandalorians is going to have some grit, but why not try to make a good solid Sci-fi drama. That’s what I’m hoping for.

Firefly style could work too...