THE MANDALORIAN

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

4 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Source? Because it is heavily implied that Cobb Vanth acquired Boba’s armour - at least some of it, from Jawas.

Or are you being facetious and disregarding all the other Mandalorians that wear armour like Bo-Katan, Sabine and her family, etc.?

4 hours ago, Demon4x4 said:

He means exactly the opposite of how you read it. (i.e., the Fetts aren't Mandalorian, they just wear Mandalorian armour.)

3 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Ahh.. I did misread that, if that is the intent.

Sorry, I should have cited the source: In Clone wars, Obi-Wan asks about the history of Jango while on Mandalor, the government official states that Jango wasn't a Mandalorian, and they have no idea where he acquired his armor.

(This probably isn't very reliable, considering they "didn't know" about Death Watch, And how almost identical the Death Watch armor is to the way Jango is pictured in this episode. For me, it appeared that Jango is probably connected to DW, or he got the armor from a dead DW member.)

However, the "out of universe" source comes from Lucas himself and Pablo (guy in charge of canon) both have stated the the Fetts were not Mandalorians, but they wear the armor. Possibly to benefit from the legend of Mandalorian warriors.

jmixely0muo21.jpg

I really hope we get the Clone Wars episode that had Boba Duel Cad Bane. The previs they did had the duel, and I love the setup and scenario for the iconic dent.

I'm trying to pin down the thought process here:

1. Boba Fett is popular because he looks cool in his armor.

2. Boba Fett is declared to wear Mandalorian armor. He's the entire reason for Mandalorians existing.

3. Random throwaway line makes him not really Mandalorian despite him being the only reason Mandalorians exist.

Should have just retconned out Mandalorians altogether if you're gonna mangle crap up that badly.

Edited by ArcHammer

nhjo923ln8q21.jpg

I always took it as Jango being denied as Mandalorian.

But he was definitely Mandalorian.

5 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I always took it as Jango being denied as Mandalorian.

But he was definitely Mandalorian.

That is what I took from that line, the Mandolorians have been trying to move away from their warrior roots and trying to be peaceful. That image would get a bit damaged if a renowned bounty hunter is a Mandolorian.

From Jon Favreau’s interview for the Directors’ Guild of America

Favreau: "Since I wrote most of [ The Mandalorian ], I wrote it to fit within our volume, and in trying to keep the scale of it like the first Star Wars film, which was a relatively low-budget affair, even though the effects were spectacular. "

Favreau: “What's helpful now is that game engines that are built for gaming and drive VR are getting to the point where there's enough code in there to emulate all of these analog aesthetics that you would see when you were really moving a light around. So to some extent, we had it on Lion King—that was Unity on The Mandalorian, the stage set you visited me on—we ended up using an Epic game engine with these new Nvidia video cards for gaming. There's enough processing power to get all of these lighting effects so that you're actually seeing [it] in camera. You wouldn't have to explain to a DP, you could actually have him see it, so when I move the light, it reacts like they do in the real world. "

Link to The Innovators

Pablo Hidalgo gives his two Galactic Standard Credits in

10 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

From Jon Favreau’s interview for the Directors’ Guild of America

Favreau: "Since I wrote most of [ The Mandalorian ], I wrote it to fit within our volume, and in trying to keep the scale of it like the first Star Wars film, which was a relatively low-budget affair, even though the effects were spectacular. "

Favreau: “What's helpful now is that game engines  that are built for gaming and drive VR are getting to the point where there's enough code in there to emulate all of these analog aesthetics that you would see when you were really moving a light around. So to some extent, we had it on Lion King—that was Unity on The Mandalorian, the stage set you visited me on—we ended up using an Epic game engine with these new Nvidia video cards for gaming. There's enough processing power to get all of these lighting effects so that you're actually seeing [it] in camera. You wouldn't have to explain to a DP, you could actually have him see it, so when I move the light, it reacts like they do in the real world. "

Link to The Innovators

Pablo Hidalgo gives his two Galactic Standard Credits in

This is really fascinating, and makes good sense as well.

x82yrn15ppr21.jpg

21 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

You should watch Star Wars: A New Hope , I hear its pretty good.

On 4/11/2019 at 6:49 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Looks like we'll have a movie/series set between episode 5 and 6 about freeing Solo from Carbonite....

Edited by Demon4x4

Sizzle Reel

Trailer

That my friends is an Empire Era Imperial Flametrooper

IG -11 in action!

I love Werner Herzog’s voice over.

md9w8fy2o9s21.jpg

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

u3t7rrzw99s21.jpg

rtpd9mtfg9s21.png

5wrfnammi9s21.jpg

uw86sud4yas21.jpg

Shock Effect weapon

sk2uoymvi9s21.jpg

Giancarlo Esposito who I loved in Breaking Bad in the cockpit of an Imperial ship. I love that in his heart Jon Favreau is a Fanboy as well.

1lo5eku3h9s21.png

Kara Dune

46klhmdnn9s21.jpg

118k45hsbas21.jpg

Mandalorians who are not THE Mandalorian.

46njyr89h9s21.png

Carl Weathers as Guild Master Greef Karga

WD4BO8u.jpg

7h8wdqrr1as21.jpg

Two of Enfys Nest's Cloud Riders look alikes in The Mandalorian footage.

44affi1sa9s21.png

My fellow 501st on the set, proud of you guys and gals!!

I glad to see there’s a mount for the scum faction, can’t wait to find the name for someone to make an account called “whateverthe****itscalledihavenoclue”scout

edit: wait this isnt the legion forum

Edited by Jabby

dqd5sm73les21.jpg

On 12/18/2018 at 1:07 AM, dadocollin said:

Rather than wish for another Game of Thrones (and I love GoT, but Disney is never going there with a core property), I’d rather them look at successful sci-fi shows of the past like Star Trek TNG. You can make a show geared at adults that can still run in prime time and be a huge hit. I think the entertainment industry is trying to make too many things funny or “dark” these days. No doubt a show about Mandalorians is going to have some grit, but why not try to make a good solid Sci-fi drama. That’s what I’m hoping for.

Yeah absolutely. “Adult” for me means intelligent and nuanced on a level above a child’s comprehension/experience, not “contains material unsuitable for children”.

Honestly I’m at an age now where I want to be able to watch good TV and not worry about a kid seeing what I’m watching, even if they don’t understand all of what’s going on. This “race to shock” is getting really old.

13 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Neat. Maybe other IG-86s will start popping up too. :)

On 4/15/2019 at 1:39 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

46njyr89h9s21.png

Carl Weathers as Guild Master Greef Karga

Carl Weathers?!... Good Greef!

5 hours ago, TopHatGorilla said:

Black don’t crack !

(Unless they are Sith, then they are crackalicious.)

16 hours ago, TopHatGorilla said:

Get yourself some bantha bone and put that on to boil, bit of porg meat, bit of ronto, throw in some sufar greens and a chopped meiloorun , baby you got yourself a stew going.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark
1 hour ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Get yourself some bantha bone and put that on to boil, bit of porg meat, bit of ronto, throw in some sufar greens and a chopped meiloorun , baby you got yourself a stew going.

That sounds really good...

r41dnke129t21.jpg

Flametrooper design is based on The Force Unleashed