THE MANDALORIAN

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

They got all the right pieces, @Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun , but we need the execution to match!

What's the timeline on this again?

1 hour ago, LagJanson said:

They got all the right pieces, @Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun , but we need the execution to match!

What's the timeline on this again?

Streaming service is fall 2019, so at the very earliest would be then. I've seen a few people say that 2020 is more likely. And of course, nothing official yet. I assume the lack of more official numbers has to do with some uncertainty to when the streaming service will actually launch.

dkpw3z179g621.jpg

Jon Favreau shared a new image on his Instagram

dqd5sm73les21.jpg

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Hm...I wonder if there's any chance of Gunboats appearing. If IG-88's in it, it should be the right time period, and if it takes place further from the Core, that would be a prime spot for the Imperials to want more rugged, hyperspace-capable fighters.

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

Hm...I wonder if there's any chance of Gunboats appearing. If IG-88's in it, it should be the right time period, and if it takes place further from the Core, that would be a prime spot for the Imperials to want more rugged, hyperspace-capable fighters.

I'd love to see Gunboats on screen. Between The Mandlorian (which I expect to be exploring the underbelly of the Star Wars universe, like Solo) and the Cassian Andor series (which I expect to be more Rebel/Empire espionage/Spec Ops), there's probably never been a better chance

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

11 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

I'd love to see Gunboats on screen. Between The Mandlorian (which I expect to be exploring the underbelly of the Star Wars universe, like Solo) and the Cassian Andor series (which I expect to be more Rebel/Empire espionage/Spec Ops), there's probably never been a better chance

Wasn't "The Mandalorian" supposed to be set post destruction of the second Deathstar? Not saying Starwings couldn't/shouldn't show up, just that the canon timeframe for both Iggy's destruction and the introduction of the gunboat don't exist yet that I'm aware of.

6 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Wasn't "The Mandalorian" supposed to be set post destruction of the second Deathstar? Not saying Starwings couldn't/shouldn't show up, just that the canon timeframe for both Iggy's destruction and the introduction of the gunboat don't exist yet that I'm aware of.

Yes, the mandalorian is set a few years after Endor.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:05 PM, Hiemfire said:

It's established that they existed at some point between 0 and 3 ABY, with the Rebels having and losing one of these and a Lambda shuttle. I assume both were stolen from the empire.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:22 AM, CaptainIxidor said:

Streaming service is fall 2019, so at the very earliest would be then. I've seen a few people say that 2020 is more likely. And of course, nothing official yet. I assume the lack of more official numbers has to do with some uncertainty to when the streaming service will actually launch.

Since it's streaming only, i will give it a pass..

On 12/20/2018 at 10:22 AM, CaptainIxidor said:

Maybe I'm thinking too much of consoles, but I would think having a big name like this at launch could really help start a streaming service strong.

Edited by JJ48
4 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Maybe I'm thinking too much of consoles, but I would think having a big name like this at launch could really help start a streaming service strong.

I think the show will launch with the service or shortly thereafter but I don't think you should assume that will actually happen.

The only thing DC Universe launched with was Titans (and some movies that had already been released, and some older shows). Disney+ could very well do something similar. CBS All Access existed before Star Trek Discovery launched and I don't recall it having any big items early on either. It's hard to say that Disney's service will launch anything similar to other company's but I think assuming it has to have a "killer app" right out the gate isn't necessarily accurate, even just having access to a back catalog of Disney material that hasn't been available in other places would draw plenty of viewers.

23 minutes ago, CaptainIxidor said:

I think the show will launch with the service or shortly thereafter but I don't think you should assume that will actually happen.

The only thing DC Universe launched with was Titans (and some movies that had already been released, and some older shows). Disney+ could very well do something similar. CBS All Access existed before Star Trek Discovery launched and I don't recall it having any big items early on either. It's hard to say that Disney's service will launch anything similar to other company's but I think assuming it has to have a "killer app" right out the gate isn't necessarily accurate, even just having access to a back catalog of Disney material that hasn't been available in other places would draw plenty of viewers.

Oh, I completely agree that it's by no means a given; but just thinking of how with gaming consoles, they tend to do better if they release with a big title, and wondering if the same principle applies.

2 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Oh, I completely agree that it's by no means a given; but just thinking of how with gaming consoles, they tend to do better if they release with a big title, and wondering if the same principle applies.

Not the same way but it certainly helps get subs onto the service. Some of those will actively choose to keep it and use it or will just not cancel the subscription.

Like Disco season 2 gave CBS All Access they're biggest sub week ever last week, but that streaming service has somehow been around in some form or another since like 2014? Netflix's streaming launched after they'd already made a name for having quality content in their home-delivery service, and had tons of content. DC Universe actually seems the odd one out, launching with a big title but not having much of an overall content catalog (at least as far as the streaming portion of the service goes, it being a hybrid service makes it a little odd to compare in other ways).

Consoles are a different beast because of the initial $300+ investment. I don't know exact numbers but I bet a streaming service could get by okay with like 20% of what a console needs in install base to survive, and where the console may then find itself under water (because consoles are usually sold at a loss with the expectation of games and licensing costs making up for it later), a streaming service can build upward on a smaller catalog and a smaller install base, if managed well. Maybe. I'm no expert.

sdvob4dmu9d21.jpg

Jon Favreau shared another behind the scenes photo for the Mandalorian

mf029o2hl3e21.jpg

Official art

John Favreau= Quality Movie making regardless the “take on Star Wars”. Your Star Wars isn’t his Star Wars and that is beautiful, that is Star Wars.

Swingers

Elf

Chef

Jungle Book

Werner Herzog and New Zealand’s finest Director. B-IGG Y-88, fork shock muskets. Star Wars fans could find something wrong about Heaven. “Meh... Too much CGI. I was hoping for a little more porg action. Honestly I think I rather be in ****.....”

Hades

anf1zcmaxoe21.jpg

Charcoal drawing by Stevie

8v0wdz3r6ug21.jpg
The Mandalorian Season 1 has wrapped as well

t3yq1292xwg21.jpg

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

What if The Mandalorian is THE Boba Fett?!

Edited by Odanan
1 hour ago, Odanan said:

What if The Mandalorian is THE Boba Fett?!

He's not. Totally new character.